Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Hey, folks - first off, I'm going to close this thread since it's SUPER old. We've been working on a ton of improvements to the forums that will alleviate pretty much everyone's issues. They'll be rolling out slowly, and we'll announce them when they're out. Trust me - we've heard everyone's complaints, and we're totally aware and on top of things. I know it's been a PAINFULLY long wait, but it will be worth it. We've been doing a lot more than just fixing things! We've also been working on an e…

• Heyyyy, look how pretty avatars are now!

• Quote from Pennington: “Are you going to add support for having the avatar/user information above the posts?” It's not currently in the plans; we experimented with it in the past and didn't like it. However, we might do that for the mobile layout in order to save space on the sides. Quote from Tabby: “We seriously need a "mark all as read" button for conversations. The box to select all conversations is only for that page, and I have about a dozen pages of messages of all the PMs I have received…

• Apologies for the delay in responding here, folks. I'm going through and responding to all feedback right now! You'll see a gigantic post from me shortly.

• We're looking into the cause of the slowness! Hang tight, folks.

• Quote from Vulpes: “Quote from Jason: “ You know me pretty well. When have I ever attempted anything that wasn't impossible?” I'm all for attempting the impossible, but generally the impossible task should be something desirable. Why do you want everyone to use one skin? ” We don't have the resources to maintain multiple designs. I was really being a bit facetious; the impossible task is trying to manage many designs. Making a single design that pleases a majority is actually a far easier soluti…

• Quote from Vulpes: “Which seems like a fool's errand to me. Do you really think you can come up with a design everyone—or even a majority—will like?” You know me pretty well. When have I ever attempted anything that wasn't impossible?

• New to ZU Forums

GoldenChaos - - Newbie Central

Welcome to ZU, @Daenerys!

• The fatal error that occurred earlier is part of a security response the forum software has to DDoS attacks. It was caused by some ridiculous maintenance Microsoft is doing to Windows Azure, the cloud hosting service where ZU is located. We're keeping a close watch on the forums during the maintenance period.

• Quote from IGNIS: “1. Give us the option to minimize and collapse the latest posts at the top of the screen. I personally think it's a great idea to have that there, and I personally wouldn't mind having it on all the time. It probably gives threads we'd never think of clicking on some exposure. ” My goal is to make this something worth having there. Discovery is a huge part of getting into any new community, so I think Latest Posts is a baby step toward something really useful in that top area.…

• Quote from Jedi Master Sagan: “The current default font is absolutely terrible. What is it even called, anyway? I just cycled through the fonts that are actually in the editor options, and none of them seem to actually be the default font. *checks page CSS* BrandonText? What? You know what, screw it. Manually specifying the font it is. ” If you have to manually specify a font, at least be classy and go for Helvetica over Arial

• Yes, they will eventually work. I'm just doing what I can for now!

• Quote from Starlight Skyloftian: “Quote from Ranaeil: “To change your avatar, go to the top of the page, click on your name and then click "Settings". Once here, click "Avatar" under User Management!” Yeah, but I'm not getting that option. Don't forget I'm on an iPad. Anyway, this is all I'm getting... ” This is just a quirk of the responsive layout for now. Rotate your iPad horizontally and you'll get the full layout with all functionality.

• Quote from Silver: “Not sure if this is a bug or not, but edit notices on posts aren't showing up anymore.” I removed them. They'll return later.

• I've made mobile SLIGHTLY better. I wouldn't call it something to use all the time, but it's at least totally usable now.

• Profile pages should look a lot better now.

• @Silver I've noticed this, too. It might be related to how the forum software handles those sorts of updates. It might not update super frequently to avoid running slow. I'll look into it. @Strawberry I'm working on fixing the avatar scaling issue. I set the max size to 500x500px so that they'd be nice and crisp when scaled down top the 200x200px avatar spot in the post area. However, for some reason the forums are scaling them down TOO much, making them look pixellated and blurry. We'll also be…

• @Commander GorMor I can't move it until I get into the HTML structure of the design next week. I've at least positioned it for now so it's not totally stupid looking. But yeah, it'll be under the avatar instead of on top of it.

• @Khao oh, shoot. I broke that. Will fix shortly.

• Quote from Silver: “@Jason Firefox! I also found another issue where posts with resized images will cause a massive blank space in the sig area. Here's a screenshot: linked due to huge” This is definitely part of a much larger issue that might be the most complex I'll have to solve. There's a whole weirdness around the heights of posts, and positioning the signatures has been a nightmare. I'll probably have it solved next week.

• Quote from Peekay: “Quote from Snake: “ Same for Signatures? I notice some people's looks good, like not too compressed looking. But mine appears to be warped to a smaller size and it lost a bit of clarity in the process That could also just be my computer screen...” i have noticed this too and i think it's the same for signatures as well... my signature is supposed to be 637 x 221 but is shrunk to 432 x 150 pixels” Fixed.

• @Silver I'm pretty sure I fixed that. What browser?

• Signatures should look a bunch better now.

• Quote from Tabby: “But...why? What is the logic on wasting half of the screen? Why would that be a concious decision?” It's not half the screen for everyone. The most common resolution used on Zelda Universe is 1136x768. On this resolution, ZU takes up almost the entire width of the monitor, with just a little breathing room on the edges. On 13 and 15 inch laptop monitors, ZU also fits snugly. It takes up enough room, without being too much. Most modern sites never stretch beyond 1200 pixels wid…

• I'm editing the styles live - so you might see things go down for a brief moment. I've already fixed up a ton of things. Moving to threads now.

• Quote from Max Nichols: “ - The thread rows are too thick. They take up way too much vertical space. I think it's important to get those smaller and more tightly packed; I can only see about 9 threads at once now. It feels overwhelmingly large. ” We had a talk amongst staff today about this. I think everyone is on the same page here; the latest post avatar display is what's forcing the height to need to be so large. I'm pretty sure this is going to get completely redesigned. Quote: “ - In the sa…

• Quote from Teekay: “Quote from Jason: “I'd actually like to experiment with a more dashboard-style approach for the index. I personally like the Latest Posts area more than the forum listings below right now, I find it easier to navigate and less awkward feeling. In general, with forums lists, I am currently unsatisfied with the headers - they fail to provide the separation between sections that I want, and instead just look kind of messy and lack confidence. I haven't figured out a solid design…

• Quote from Ben: “I appreciate your point about readability, and paragraph length in variable width design. However, I do think it's odd that you are emphasizing readability, and yet have chosen a grey-on-beige colour scheme for the body of posts. Black would provide more contrast, and make reading an easier experience. In fact, the prevalence of grey throughout the design does puzzle me a little.” I actually have no idea how it became grey. It was originally black, and just magically turned grey…

• Quote from Ben: “Why are you only using the central third of my monitor?” We don't know the size of your monitor. We chose a width that optimized legibility. Fluid layouts that stretch to the width of any monitor run the risk of making paragraphs far too wide to be easily read. Quote: “ Why can't I hide subforum groups? If you insist on using such a ridiculous font size, and using such an impractical amount of horizontal space at least let me get rid of some of the vertical bloating.” Since this…

• Quote from gamtos: “Design critique: the emotes are veeeery very very basic. Definitely preferred the last ones which had a lot more character. Don't know how much influence we have on this. ” Not sure m'self. Ideally, I'd love to have the standard full set of emoji + the custom emoji we used to have. I'll see if that's possible!

• On the topic of skins - love it or hate it, we moved to this design language last year on the main site. We're focused on creating a single site. We don't expect everyone to fall for the design overnight, because it's quite a bit different than anything we've ever had before. However, if you want to leave feedback and help us improve, please mention ways you'd like to see the design made better. We plan on iterating this quite fast and making it something that everyone will enjoy, so if you sugg…

• After months of downtime, we're finally back in action. Although it's a little rough around the edges, we've been working for the better part of a year on this new forum. Most of that work is behind the scenes; features you won't see added for many months. But a lot of it is here today in this first public beta. Since things are all shiny and new, and since we need your feedback to make it better, here's everything you need to know about the new ZU forums. Everything you need to know about the n…

• The New Zelda Universe

GoldenChaos - - Help and Feedback

I want to respond to you, Rusty, because I think allegations like that deserve a response. We certainly would never take down the post because we didn't feel like addressing your concerns, or were nervous about legal action. We're also huge fans of The Verge, and obviously it shows. We like their designs, and we have friends at Vox Media - specifically, editors at The Verge - who actually visit and are fans of ZU, so we're certainly not hiding in the shadows expecting them not to notice. In fact…

• The New Zelda Universe

Quote from Spagh: “I've also looked over the guides section and realised it's quite lacking. Most games only have video guides (which are shaky anyway, as they're just Let's Plays, of which are often named in such a way that finding a specific section is difficult, though I understand the naming is down to the YouTuber, not ZU), with only 3 games having text guides for the main game. Some don't even have guides at all. Hell, A Link to the Past only has a guide for Pieces of Heart o_o So yeah, wh…

• The New Zelda Universe

Quote from Momo: “Is there anyway we can add some kind of menu or drop down menu for Reviews we have done in the past, like TWWHD and ALBW? It would be pretty awesome to have access to those and read them over again. ALBW, before T3, was still like the "feature" story at the top. Same with our interview with Aonuma. Maybe some kind of menu, somewhere, for high profile features like a review of this nature (with Aonuma) and our reviews? I know right now there may not be many, but these are the ki…

• The New Zelda Universe

Quote from Nielyboyken: “Weird. Normally you have to upload your custom error page (404.html for example) in public_html and then add this in your .htaccess file (also in public_html) ErrorDocument 404 /404.html Where 404.html is your uploaded 404 file. :)” Yeah, you'd expect that. Unfortunately, due to how we have our server set up (using a special caching mechanism that enables the site to run smoothly across cloud servers), it will not render our HTML file. This means we need to figure out so…

• The New Zelda Universe

We actually have a custom 404 page all done up nice by EL. Here it is: Screen%20Shot%202014-03-19%20at%201.51.41%20PM.png You might wonder why the heck we have such cryptic error messages on the site right now if we went through all the trouble to make that page. Well, turns out that our production server doesn't like the 404 page we made and won't display it. So, fuck. You can expect that to be fixed soon and for error messages to display nicely.

• The New Zelda Universe

Quote from fohlin™: “The white space definitely exists on my 13" ASUS UX32VD with normal zoom on Mozilla Firefox. Important to notice is that my display is of the 1080p kind, same as my primary displays on my desktop.” The way that Windows handles high-DPI displays like that is notoriously bad. They've made significant progress with Windows 8.1, but it's just not there yet. So now we're running into a fun situation where pixels are too small and Windows machines are running things at native reso…

• The New Zelda Universe

Quote from Nielyboyken: “Nice layout! But what?: About Zelda Universe | Zelda Universe Nice work guys! :)” You saw nothing Quote from fohlin™: “As for my late review of the site, here's my initial thoughts: The layout is very similar to that of The Verge(as I spoke to Double A about it), that was the first thing that struck me about the front page. Not that there's anything inherently bad about this design. Just something that I noticed and I presume inspiration have been taken from other websit…

• So, today I released that, as of February 4th this year, I've been on ZU for ten years. Ten. Years. Ten. MOTHERFUCKING. YEARDSADFKSDFKdahsdfkljha *seizure* Kinda cool.