Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Spoiler boxes are white

GoldenChaos - - Help and Feedback

Aaaaand fixed!

• Hey guys! This thread is fun 'n all, but our new policy is to have a thread for each specific issue or request, as opposed to having a single general feedback thread. Please post any feedback you have as a new thread, so we can have a discussion about your feedback! Cheers

• Videos in profiles should fit now!

• Can't switch to Temple

Hey there! I moved this to its own topic since it was unrelated to the other thread. Are you accessing the forums from a mobile device like a phone or tablet? If so, we force Throwback to show up on those devices because the new Temple doesn't currently have a mobile version.

• Spoiler boxes are white

Thanks for reporting this. We're on it!

• Back to top is something we purposefully removed, but I'll make sure it gets put back in in the next update. I've also flagged the About Me bug for videos, and that'll also get fixed in the next update!

• This is something we heard during the beta period from staff members. We're definitely thinking about how to make a light version!

• When you load up the ZU forums today, you might notice that things look a bit different. That's because we've completely redesigned the forums! We've spent months working on intense customizations to Burning Board, our forum software, in order to make the forum we thought the Zelda community deserved. Not only does this new Temple layout restore all of Burning Board's missing functionality, but it also adds significant new functionality, too. From beautiful profile pages with informative covers …

• 7 year old milk?

GoldenChaos - - Classic Zelda

(But for the record, I would still drink the time travel milk.)

• As Satan mentioned, Throwback is a recolor of Burning Board's default skin! So usability changes will really be up to Woltlab. Throwback will get an update every time Woltlab updates Burning Board. Also, my bad for not informing Satan about this, which led him to make a change to the skin. Throwback was my little pet project, so I didn't really explain anything about it to the other devs! Now folks have been informed that all changes to Throwback will go through the same proper planning and test…

• Fatal Error Temple Skin

Great! Marked as fixed.

• Fatal Error Temple Skin

I'm not seeing this error. Is it fixed for you guys? EDIT: Should be fixed now for sure. Let me know if it persists.

• My name isn't the right color. I specifically requested mauve.

• Hey, guys! I'm closing this because having one megathread for bugs doesn't help us sort through issues. Please made individual threads, and describe the issues in detail with screenshots. In addition, if there is an error code, please include it as text so it can be copy-pasted! Thanks, guys.

• This is an important message about this Saturday's major launch. We will be taking the forums down from 3:30-8:30am in order to run backups, do server maintenance, and deploy the new forum layout. Once the forums are back up, everyone will be switched to the new Temple skin. You are, of course, totally free to switch to Throwback, but give the new Temple a look! It's got tons of new features you won't find in Throwback that we custom-made, just for you guys. A lot of love went into making this a…

• How do you avoid lumping?

• Quote from Pietro: “Quote from Sabbo: “Quote from Pietro: “I must've not logged onto ZU on April fools and missed the joke. Glad the blue skin is coming back in some form though.” It's still here. Assuming you're on PC, you can switch to it manually in the settings. (note: It's "Throwback", not "Blue Temptation")” Just switched it, thanks. Missing the ALTTP sprites, but otherwise awesome :).” I have the sprites. Who knows.

• Quote from Sabbo: “Quote from Pietro: “I must've not logged onto ZU on April fools and missed the joke. Glad the blue skin is coming back in some form though.” It's still here. Assuming you're on PC, you can switch to it manually in the settings. (note: It's "Throwback", not "Blue Temptation")” Nobody can see the Burning Board default skins anymore, they're disabled

• Quote from Maple: “For a moment there the Steam info was automatically providing a URL to the specified ID. Is that gonna stay disabled or first need some fixing, etc?” Unfortunately, a bug in the way it was processing the URL was causing it not to show up on profiles, so it's disabled for now. We'll explore how to restore this ability real soon, though.

• Welcome to ZU, oh similarly-named one!

• Quote from Satan™: “I think you may have made the Steam ID a required field. It won't let me save changes on my profile without having it filled out.” Whoops! Fixed, haha. My bad.

• Adding to the list of cool things we're adding ahead of our big April 9th launch, you can now add your Nintendo Network and Steam IDs to your profile. They'll automatically show up next to all of your posts, too!

• Since it's not April Fools' anymore, for those who didn't figure it out: Yesterday morning I launched a brand-new mobile skin called "Throwback", aka the blue skin. It's a simple color variation on Burning Board's default skin, but uses the actual hex colors from ZU's original vBulletin forum layout. (For those wondering how I preserved the colors, that's a story for another time. But let's just say I have a special place in my heart - and my bookmarks - for the blue skin that I've been saving s…

• Best April Fools jokes

GoldenChaos - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from Khao: “I'm still laughing about this: youtube.com/watch?v=jkn5hgjhyeo Even before the video started going crazy I was laughing my ass off. I just can't believe how this man can pull off that kind of content out of freaking nowhere.” That was amazing. I had no idea Yahtzee did other shows.

• Quote from Sabbo: “It's interesting to consider the differences in functionality between this and the other. ” One week left!

• Quote from Malia: “can we keep it” as long as you feed it, take it for walks, and clean up its poop

• Man, what a weird April Fools. MOD EDIT 9 April 2016: Hey, is the current skin a bit too confusing or newfangled for your tastes? Do you wish your forum looked like it did in 2006? Well, if you want a more classic forum experience, do we have news for you! Just go into your settings, and from the Style menu select "Throwback", and viola! Here's where you find it: 9wkucT6.png And here's what it looks like! Enjoy!

• Is the site safe now?

You will never be safe. When the last star has been snuffed out from the sky and all eternity has been plunged into darkness, when the forces that bind the universe together themselves decay into timeless vestigial ripples, when time has no meaning nor direction, ZU will be there at the edge of the universe. yeah the site's fine now.

• Why the change?

What other folks have said. We're rolling out some preliminary changes in advance of the April 9th launch to make the whole thing a lot smoother. Rather than making tons of major changes at once, we're making the more invisible, back-end changes now so we can launch the skin and kick back. We've actually finished all of our preliminary rollouts: installing a host of new Burning Board plugins, replacing the mobile skin with the default skin until we have mobile Temple, and updating all of the for…

• Duck-sized horse or horse-sized duck?

• Quote from Clank: “Sweet, can we never lose this? I'll even use this on desktop.” It will go away when we have a fully-skinned mobile Temple, but we won't lose any functionality. We're being very data-conscious about our mobile version, so expect it to be pretty similar! Just with the Temple design aesthetic. I've also made several usability and feature improvements in Temple vs the default skin, like separate lists for announcements and better PM organization, so the mobile skin will get all of…

• Hey, everyone! We're incredibly proud to (finally) be releasing a completed skin for Burning Board. I know it's been a long time coming. It's impossible to list every change we've made - this really is a ground-up rewrite of the forums, and it'll show. Internally, we've been calling this Temple 3.3. Like Mike said, we'll be launching it on April 9th - there will be some downtime - and after that we will be updating the forums every two weeks incorporating everyone's feedback, with @CHeLLoW leadi…

• Strap into your seats, folks. It's been nearly a year since vBulletin's fatal crash that sent us into a three-month spiral of downtime, ultimately resulting in our earlier-than-anticipated launch of the new ZU forums running on Burning Board. I know everyone still feels the effects of this rushed move. Burning Board was not, and continues not to be, as functional as vBulletin. So, today, I want to talk about why we have not yet replaced vBulletin functionality, and - more importantly - why we ha…

• Hey, everyone! I just launched the all-new dev diaries thread. You can find it here: Dev Diary: What we're working on, straight from the developers That thread is going to be our new channel of communication and updates. So feel free to make new threads about specific issues you're encountering, and we'll talk about them there and get them fixed. If you see your issue in the list in that thread, you know we're on it. Cheers guys

• sites bad

I miss the glory days of Gardening Universe. It's all been downhill from there.

• Quote from ERROR372: “Why is ZU so horribly non-responsive and slow? For supposedly being on new servers, I would expect better speeds than what I'm getting. I could understand it being slow the first few days, but this is almost a month in, and it's still pretty much a daily occurrence of extremely slow page loading.” There's a simple explanation, actually! Our new servers were a rush job due to the attacks, so in the interests of time we did not install a caching system for the first release. …

• It will certainly be cleared up soon. We've been working round the clock and have cleared up quite a few major issues that were in front of the ones I've listed!

• @Momo - yes. An issue with Wordpress corrupted the database earlier today and we had to restore from a backup. Since this seems to be a recurring new issue, we're looking into why that's happened twice now. We're still fixing a lot of normal-operations things. Getting a site as large as ZU to play nice with new servers is tough! Our priority order right now is: 1. Fix the main site SEO (page titles and descriptions are missing!) 2. Fix the forum PM issues and other forum issues 3. Additional bac…

• Can't Access Main Site

We're investigating the cause; it's likely related to the server's incomplete configuration. There's a lot going on to optimize things, and during the time period while the servers are not optimized things can get overloaded and randomly shut down. The solution is usually just to keep restarting things until we get the right combination of server beefiness and optimized configuration, which takes a bit of trial and error. But once we've got it, it'll be smooth sailing. Thanks for being super pat…

• Hey, folks! As you may have heard, that last two weeks have been pretty crazy over in ZU Staffland. We've been working around the clock to restore the site to normal functionality following a series of two pretty bad incidents - a DDoS attack, and a server glitch that occurred immediately follow that may or may not have been related, but nonetheless slowed the site to a crawl, making it almost entirely inaccessible. Similar to the emergency forums move from earlier this year, our server team had…