Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 81-120 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • A little birdie told me that ZU is launching a Patreon soon.... (Until then, you can do what @Shona said or just donate money directly to our ZU PayPal account, monies@zeldauniverse.net. Cheers guys :D)

• Creativity Section

GoldenChaos - - Help and Feedback

As Silver said, we periodically add and remove boards based on overall activity. For that reason I've marked this as declined. That doesn't mean we won't ever split the boards, just that we don't have a good reason to do it right now!

• I've marked this as under consideration so that Silver and I can investigate this further! Flags were a lot of fun back in the day.

• Hello ZU Forums

GoldenChaos - - Newbie Central

Quote from erichschuler: “ What an honored to be visited by the legendary Jason! Everyone who visits shall be given a rare, exclusive treasure: invisible rupees! No one knows its worth, because no one can tell what color it is! The very definition of priceless! You may even not notice them in your possession! ” Dramatic statement of gratitude, followed by lengthy soliloquy explaining my desire to become strong enough to learn the true color of my rupee companion. Camera point toward the sky. Fad…

• Hello ZU Forums

You asked me to visit. I visited. WHAT IS MY PRIZE

• I've got no idea who the PS4 Pro is for. The Verge just put up a funny flow chart about it. Unless you're hardcore about PSVR or absolutely need to play PS4 in 4K (you aren't and you don't), or have $400 you want to burn, save your money for the next Playstation.

• I think I'm the only person in this thread who has actually played the game, so I'll add a few comments. - Combat is not easy. I died a few times just getting the hang of the controls. Coupled with the sheer number of possible weapons and new moves and the eat-to-restore-your-health mechanic, combat is seriously tough and complex. It's about as different from Skyward Sword as Skyward Sword was from Twilight Princess. Not sure if I'm all-in, I miss the motion controls a lot, but a combat system t…

• @Linkle probably just a caching glitch. Clear your cache it should go away

• For what it's worth, I saw on Reddit that certain types of systems, non particular Class O (blue stars), tend to spawn more interesting planets. I visited one and the first planet I landed on was a lush jungle planet with tons of plants, animals, and giant trees. Probably the first time I've seen such a nice planet in thirty or forty hours of playing. Class O systems are not found on the Atlas Path as far as I know. I got rid of the Atlas Path entirely; rushed it and sold the stones (I don't car…

• Man, that 8-Bit Link is ugly. The others look awesome; I'll be grabbing those Wind Waker ones, thank you.

• No Man's Sky is really fun when you're high.

• I'm marking this as "Under Consideration" - I think it's a solid suggestion. In the past we've discussed (and dismissed) showing the first post on every page, but I think this makes a lot more sense. As for poll colors, unfortunately Burning Board doesn't support that. It might be possible to rig something ourselves, but unlikely. I'll definitely look into ways to optimize the results display.

• Gateway timing out

Gateway timeouts definitely qualify as slowness, so please report it there! Closing this thread

• This happens if you've left your browser open overnight or for an extended period of time. Your browser thinks your still in the same session, but the way Burning Board handles this is with a time expiry. The only thing you need to do to re-start your session is refresh the page. As far as I know there is no way to turn this off, but I'll look into it and see!

• Faster, more reliable search was one of the original promises of our Burning Board 4.1 upgrade. It took us a while, but now we have it: Blazing-fast, accurate search capabilities powered by ElasticSearch. This was a hard-fought upgraded for us, and (as you probably know) we ran into multiple snags along the way. Ultimately, our travels led our devops manager @AndroidOS and the Woltlab development team to create a patch to fix the impractically slow and error-prone import process. Before the patc…

• This has been fixed! Full thread about ElasticSearch coming shortly.

• I haven't personally verified this issue, but I've marked it as upcoming because I'd like to make sure this is working anyway. Cheers!

• Zelda Wiki BBCode (Beta)

Hey! Do you like sharing extremely factual information about The Legend of Zelda with your great friends on the Zelda Universe Message Boards? Because we've now got an all-new Zelda Wiki BBCode you can use to share all the Octoroks you can eat! Using it is so easy, a Sheikah could do it! Hahaha, I'm just kidding, the Sheikah were a mysterious and secretive tribe with pointed ears, red eyes and shadowy magic abilities, so they are very smart and could certainly have used this new BBCode without p…

• This looks like something on Burning Board's end, and it's not likely we can fix it. @AndroidOS, do you want to file a bug report with Woltlab?

• UK EU Referendum

GoldenChaos - - Serious Discussion

Man, this whole thing is a mess. I'm starting to see why there aren't any Type II civilizations. EDIT: In seriousness, and this is coming as an outsider with little knowledge of how the EU functions, it sounds like the union was getting shaky for a while due to mounting dissent over the EU's inability to take swift action on everything from major issues to minor grievances. I don't support the Brexit, but it sounds like something had to give in this situation. The Parliament doesn't have to foll…

• I hate all of you.

• I'll mark this as solved, if it happens again just post here!

• Also for the record, I'm not talking about Link.

• For the record, that means I'm playing the entire game in a bear suit.

• Why would I wear either of those things when I can play au natural?

• Termina in Breath of the Wild?

GoldenChaos - - Modern Zelda

Rampant speculation here - but I've been hearing through the grapevine that Breath of the Wild is a part of the child timeline, which includes Majora's Mask. I know that they've said Termina is a parallel world, but they've always been wishy-washy about it. So, that got me thinking... What if the reason Breath of the Wild's map is so huge is because it includes Termina and other neighboring countries? If so, we'll be revisiting/reviving loads of places from previous games. I wonder if they'll be…

• About time. The voice acting was really good, too. Link also has a new voice actor for his grunts, and I think he sounds great. I'm hoping more characters have voice acting!

• @Kevin R. We've disabled live notifications during E3 because they put a strain on our servers. They might return later, though!

• We've beefed up our file server significantly. The site seems to be running really fast right now! Hopefully it'll keep up. @AndroidOS will also be around during peak hours to make sure things keep running smoothly. I'm off to LA to do our E3 coverage, so make sure to check the main site guys see you on the west coast!

• Temple Mobile

Quote from Sabbo: “My internet connection (on desktop, mind you) is very much not a fan of your 1MB images. (They take a few seconds to load, and stretch the page vertically significantly.) ” I'll replace 'em with some optimized versions later today so you can refresh without fear EDIT: Done! A 75% file size savings @Sabbo

• AHOYYYY THAR MATEY!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY Here's a telescope

• Temple Mobile

Quote from Sabbo: “...Is there a reason why the images in this thread are so big, and would thus be bottlenecked by many mobile internet connections? I think that's almost irony. >_> ” I figured most people would read the announcement from a desktop, so I wanted to make sure they were high-res enough to look good. Of course those graphics have nothing to do with the level of optimization in the layout itself. In fact, it's the data savings in how much we've optimized the layout that makes me alr…

• Temple Mobile

Quote from Arizora: “I like the look, but the mobile for me just looks like Im viewing the desktop version. It cuts off text in the vertical position, and doesn't seem to keep its aspect ratio. Anything im doing wrong? ” Screenshot of the issue + what device your using and OS version?

• I'm heading to LA on Monday and I haven't packed at all.

• Someone needs to do the thing and come up with albums to listen to while playing through certain Zelda games. Like those folks who sync up albums with movies. Time to replay Twilight Princess.

• Temple Mobile

temple_mobile_hero.png Announcing Temple Mobile for the ZU Forums. Our first original mobile design, built from the ground-up for touch. Beautiful boards. temple_mobile_boards3.png We've made our forums look better than ever, with an all-new interface designed specifically for touch. Swipe through top threads and latest posts, and use 3D Touch to peek at threads from the index. Our most functional mobile site ever. temple_mobile_threads3.png We've re-architected major Burning Board interface el…

• Co-op in Zelda U

GoldenChaos - - Modern Zelda

If Zelda UNX has online co-op a la Journey I will shit my pants.

• Theories in Psychology

GoldenChaos - - Serious Discussion

It's stuff like what @Jedi Reach said that makes it so hard for people with real, clinical depression to get help. You're already feeling down on yourself, you can't control it, and now someone is telling you that it's your fault for not trying hard enough. I hope nobody in this thread listens to Jedi. Yes, you can talk yourself out of an emotional slump, but real depression is a physical illness caused by a sustained chemical imbalance in your brain, and it needs treatment for it to get better …

• With Woltlab's help, we've made a number of changes to our servers that we think should make the site stop shitting it's pants for half an hour at a time. Let us know if it starts acting up, otherwise fingers crossed we should be good for E3 now!

• Quote from insaney: “The headset still requires cords etc. So you're going to be tripping over them a lot when you can't see them because of the headset. ” This is why this year's E3, and for that matter this whole year in gaming, has felt like the industry has ghosted consumers. The home console is dead (or dying very quickly), but consumer VR - real consumer VR without any of this early-adopter bullshit - is at least five years away. So, what's going to fill the gap and keep traditional game h…