Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I thought they were about to do a gameplay demo, but this is just showing more concept art and "behind the scenes" footage

• Left for 5 minutes and then come back to this mobile command and conquer game. I just recently got back into playing Tiberium Wars on a private server (the official one was shut down a while back), so it's disappointing to see the series moved to mobile. Hope this isn't a trend for RTS games going forward.

• It works for indie titles though, since those are more difficult to hype up outside of a big reveal

• Origin subscription: the ultimate game DRM, no thanks lol

• good news if you filled your entire bingo card with battle royale announcements lol only took about 5 minutes for that to happen

• 2 minute warning, let's do this

• I know very little about Canadian politics too but it's easy to see you're outright ignoring the points brought up by other posters here: John pointed out that the original poll you quoted came from 2 weeks before the election, which changed over the course of a campaign season that is much shorter than those in the US, and that it's a representation of the popular vote and not the actual seat distribution. I think you're also misrepresenting the discussion that took place a few pages ago - with…

• I loved A Cook's Tour and Parts Unknown. I saw episodes of No Reservations years ago when I had cable, but about a year ago I got into his other shows when I discovered them on Netflix. Parts Unknown is especially a gem because of the show's focus on the history and culture of each destination, with the food used as a backdrop. All the best to his family, friends, and fans - when celebrities pass it's especially heartbreaking when you consider the number of lives they've touched.

• @Bill I think the big takeaway from this is that the current electoral system sucks at reflecting the will of voters, whether the polling was wrong I don't see that as the larger issue. At the end of day you have a party who didn't even earn a majority of votes (and could argue that 60% of voters likely don't want them in power, given the other votes went to left-leaning/left-wing parties) winning a solid majority of seats. It's very undemocratic.

• I'm locking this thread. I'll be back later today to determine further action, but the thread will remain closed.

• I recall right-wingers and Alex Jones types warning about government FEMA camps and our officials making people disappear into these camps. Turns out they were actually right: usatoday.com/story/news/politi…ation-facility/671037002/

• Quote from John: “Technically it isn't ICE, it's the Department of Health and Human Services. So outright malice is less likely, more just...truly bizarre incompetence. ” Honestly it is malice - the people running most of these agencies were specifically put there to cripple them, regardless of whether or not it's ICE or DHHS. In that case it most certainly is deliberate and comes from a place of malice. The entire GOP platform under Trump in 2018 is a campaign of self-destruction and cutting of…

• theguardian.com/technology/201…-before-gdpr-takes-effect The GDPR went into effect today, the reason you've been getting a flood of email related to changes in privacy policies. Curious to see what will happen to companies that are outright blocking EU users (as if that somehow insulates them from liability), considering they've known about this for two years and still presumably have data on users from the EU.

• Yeah it's ridiculous. Some of the gains in the housing market for certain municipalities can be attributed to wealthy foreign nationals who don't even live in the homes they buy, and the worst part is that it's not taking place in the typical places like Downtown LA or Manhattan - it's in suburban areas in Texas, Virginia, Florida, etc. And often times they're paying in excess of the asking price and in cash up front, so there's no way for the average person to compete with that. And I'm told we…

• bloomberg.com/news/articles/20…aecon-on-security-grounds I read this thinking "oh shit, I considered applying for this company" then realized it's aecon and not AECOM. Credit to Trudeau though, it's nice when world leaders prioritize their own citizens instead of the reverse lol

• I'm sure someone like Lucretia can comment further on this, but we desperately need some kind of national dialogue on this mentality when it comes to guys. Something in addition to the sexual harassment/assault component that is being addressed by MeToo, as our media and culture perpetuates this view that guys are entitled to women in general. You see this a lot with high school age boys, probably because of an expectation that in high school you should have your first girlfriend, lose your virg…

• Well that's a shame. I'd like to see the US move to proportional representation in my lifetime but if Poland, Hungary, and North Carolina are any indication of what's in store for the US nationally then we're likely to go the opposite direction toward autocracy. It would at least start a dialogue beginning at the local level (where some US municipalities already use ranked voting in their elections) if Canada made the switch.

• Is Canada still on its way to changing the electoral system to something not FPTP?

• @RealmWings I agree 100% on that, I just don't want to ignore the other side of this story, which is the rise of right wing terrorism and a general culture of violence that won't stop even if we curb access to guns.

• nytimes.com/2018/05/19/us/texa…a-fe-school-shooting.html Quote: ““Unlike Parkland, unlike Sutherland Springs, there were not those types of warning signs,” Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas said, referring to the Florida school attack and a siege at a church last November. “We have what are often categorized as red-flag warnings, and here, the red-flag warnings were either nonexistent or very imperceptible.”” I dunno, wearing an Iron Cross on your trenchcoat seems like red flag number one to me - not th…

• npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/20…o-north-carolinas-capitol theguardian.com/us-news/2018/m…rs-strikes-walkout-unions Teachers in my home state are protesting in the capitol (approximately 20 000, or 20% of public school teachers) and school boards across the state have canceled school for nearly a million students across the state today, another one in a long line of strikes (technically not a strike in this case since teachers can't unionize and striking is illegal - they're taking a paid day off …

• Quote from Avalanchemike: “The issue is that none of this could happen in the UN - anything that happened there would be immediately blocked by the American delegation. ” One of the issues I have with the UN is how the veto currently works - not that it shouldn't be allowed, but it feels way too easy for one country to throw their weight around. Maybe if the veto system were reworked to require 2 or 3 vetos then not every resolution would be shot down.

• Quote from Foo: “(Just to attempt to clarify my position by pointing back at my first post: I'm 100% in favour of a multinational effort to take control of pharmaceutical research, funded by allocations from UN/G20/OECD/whatever member states. I think something of the sort is absolutely necessary, given that the data is pretty clear in that market incentives won't drive research for much longer. I admittedly have no idea what that effort looks like, but I'm fairly confident that smarter people t…

• Quote from Foo: “If you (somehow, magically) reduced the tax on every member of the 99% to 0 and made all your revenue on the 1%, the American 1% would complain that they pay more than the European 1% to finance the global pharma industry and *that would be a valid complaint*. The rich are allowed to demand equal treatment with respect to the rest of the rich and the test you've described - that progress should be paid for by those who can most afford it - seems to agree. ” I don't disagree with…

• Quote from Cajbaj: “I loved Calamity Ganon. He was built up and built up through cutscenes, and the anticipation when I got to him had my heart pounding like none other. Then when I saw him, a rotting animated corpse pulling himself together and refusing to die, all I could think was "OH GOD KILL IT!" He was supposed to be an impersonal, mythical threat, and he was, and it was nasty and cool. ” Eh this is something that bothered me about BotW, it's my least favorite villain in a Zelda game. Gano…

• Quote from Foo: “Other than the language used, I'm not certain how the position "pharmaceutical progress should be paid by those who can most afford it" is different from Trump's. Middle class Germans currently contribute less than middle class Americans to the project of improving global pharmaceutical technology. This despite a basically equal standard of living between the two groups. If you think that's unfair and yet you want pharmaceutical progress to continue, what alternative is there to…

• I understand that (re: the rate of return on R&D), but even if other nations increased the price of their drugs it wouldn't result in lower prices for US residents. Potentially more money will go into R&D if the developed world outside the US pays more, but if you make a great drug that few people can afford then there's no point. Honestly I think Vynrah's response in the previous War Room thread covers everything that I would say in response (i.e. that pharmaceutical progress should be paid by …

• youtube.com/watch?v=vugkjoRtjtg One of Trump's campaign promises (one of the few really good ones) was that he would use the government to negotiate drug prices, which he has reneged on as expected. His administration takes a step further though: now the other developed countries are considered "foreign freeloaders" for negotiating their drug prices, and the administration wants those countries to pay more for pharmaceutical drugs so that drug companies would command lower prices in the US. Yeah…

• Quote from LeoBravo: “If the United States “having South Korea’s back” is what’s stopped China, South Korea and North Korea from simply talking to each other and sorting it all out like adults, and has been preventing it for the best part of a century, maybe that was a crutch that NEEDED to be kicked. People are talking like Trump’s put his foot in it when in fact his campaign platform was “our allies are too dependent on us and it’s bleeding us dry”. You can argue with whether “make America’s a…

• MOD NOTE Let's drop the back-and-forth over who is and isn't being hypocritical because that isn't going to go anywhere.

• Quote from John: “Eh, even most people who like Obama agree that he didn't do anything to earn the prize beyond "not be Bush". ” Well in some ways he didn't even pass that metric lol. Ordering drone strikes to kill US citizens without trial, allowing widespread indiscriminate surveillance foreign and domestic, maintaining Guantanamo Bay - his administration was a continuation of Bush's foreign policy in those respects

• Quote from Lanayru_: “I think I joined this site in 2005. It was a pretty big part of my life after school and a frequent topic of discussion with me and my friend (now @Bill on these forums). ” I remember you from sometime in 2010-11 and also recall having you and Bill mixed up for a while lol. Wasn't aware you two were friends though

• Quote from Saber: “ as an organizer for both BPP1 & BPP2 (attempts), DogDog123 and I are sorry and strongly dislike the postal services of snail mail ” If it's the one from 2013 then I did the BPP2 haha, I think it was lost on the person after me. I'd be up for trying it again though lol

• Mod Note: Please refrain from sarcastic remarks like the above - it's not suitable for this type of thread which is meant for personal experiences. Thanks!

• So Hungary voted earlier this week and it looks like their leader (Viktor Orban) and his party have extended gains in their parliament, with protests in Budapest in response (since the main ruling party received far more seats than the actual proportion of votes earned, along with the general slide toward autocracy and antisemitic propaganda campaigns against George Soros). Why is the EU mostly silent on member states that are clearly eroding their democratic foundations? I thought EU nations ar…

• mashable.com/2018/04/05/ted-cr…an-dna-test/#XxniE9PHkkqI but is he?

• amp.timeinc.net/time/5215338/john-bolton-temper Not surprised that he's an asshole in person, but there seems to be a chance that we could dodge a bullet if enough Republicans defect

• My problem with Trump's drug rhetoric is that it's not tough where it would actually matter. He's wants to be tough on the low-level drug dealers on the street corner, but the pharmaceutical companies running massive pill distribution centers in West Virginia or Kentucky? Not a word from Trump, Republicans, and probably most Democrats. Those are the real drug dealers and none of them will likely go to prison.

• Thread reopened. I deleted the last 10 or so posts even though they were up for a few hours. I wanted to comment on something that I don't think we should be doing (sorry to make an example out of this publicly, Bill - but this is where the thread got derailed): Quote from Bill: “Everyone wants more taxes on those who earn more than they do (or at the very least, "the rich") yet the crushing impact of taxes on the working and middle class is one of the underappreciated issues of our time. Anyone…

• All, Over the past few months or more we've seen many arguments made in bad faith and outright arguing points that have been debunked thoroughly - this kind of conduct goes contrary to the entire point of the subforum. To address this we've clarified an existing section in the SD rules regarding ignoring evidence, which was originally restricted to threads tagged as "Academic" and will now be applying it to the subforum as a whole: Quote: “By posting, you are agreeing that you will participate i…