Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 881-894 of 894.
  • what if...

Violetlight - - Classic Zelda

If you want another game similar in style to Zelda II, play "Adventure Time: Hey Ice King? Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?" for the regular DS. It's basically an easier, Adventure Time-themed remake with better graphics, and it's fun too, especially for fans of the cartoon. I just wish they had included the option to play as Fiona and Cake as a Second Quest.

• Quote from Kaylin: “ Question 1: Do you perceive Link as a character or an avatar? Question 2: Are you comfortable with the idea of a female Link? Question 3: Do you perceive Link as a single individual, or multiple people? ” 1) Link is both a character within the story, and an avatar for the player, just like the protagonists in nearly every other imaginative form of media (i.e. novels). 2) If given the option to play as a female Link, I totally would. Mostly because when I was a kid, playing A…

• It would have been nice if BotW had even hinted that Link had to do something to earn the Master Sword in the past. I mean, we get no indication he had to go collect 3 MacGuffins like usual, or *do* anything. I'm pretty sure that's part of the reason why Zelda was so annoyed with him in the earlier memories. Five Rupees says he tripped over the thing and knocked it out of its pedestal.

• I agree, locking some content behind amiibos with no other way of getting it was cheap. Why couldn't they implement a system similar to Super Mario Maker, where you *can* use amiibos if you want to, but their goodies are also unlockable in-game through other means. (maybe as rewards for beating levels in the the Cave of Trials -- would give me a reason to get the summer DLC). I would love the Hero of Time gear, but like hell I'm paying what Amazon wants for the amiibo, and that's assuming the bu…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Violetlight - - Modern Zelda

Quote from ich Will: “Quote from Castigear: “Quote from ich Will: “Another dungeon sounds interesting though, could it be another Divine Beast? If so I'm curious what it's based on, perhaps the Hylians or Koroks have their own? ” obviously the Hylian Divine Beast forms the head and torso of a bipedal mega-divine beast along with the other four. ” You're joking (sounds like something out of Power Rangers), but I'm not sure I'd be against a humanoid DB. They can't use a bird as that's already take…

• How have you dressed Link?

I've kept to mostly one colour per outfit, but I think they look pretty cool: Hylian Gear: White, so Link looks like an Assassin. Was especially fun in the early games when getting the viewpoints towers. Just needed a pile of hay to jump into at the bottom. Shiekah Set: A little uncreative, but dyed it shadow purple Gerudo Vai: Link is pretty in pink! Climbing Gear: Dyed bright, traffic cone orange. Safety first! I love the idea of dyeing the Zora set red to match Mipha and Sidon. I'll have to t…

• I personally prefer the term Aspergers over high-functioning Autism, Susie, because it has fewer negative connotations while still acknowledging that there's a difference. Too many people hear "autism" and immediately think "so impaired that they can't ever look after themselves". From my own experience there *are* differences between the way I see the world and the way NTs do, but they are *differences* -- they aren't better or worse than the NT's way of seeing things, but they are different, a…

• Quote from IndyRams: “So, BOTW made me think of this and I like the idea. What if they designed an RPG, life simulation game of Hyrule? You aren't Link, you can design a character, based off of a race, (Hylian, Goron, Zora, etc.) With your name and that's your character. Then you start off in a village, and live there, you can buy a house, get a job, run errands. You can still fight enemies and do adventers too, but your living as a resident in Hyrule. You can mingle with other races, and move f…

• I have a theory as to why the Koroks became Kokiri, and it's right on their faces: their leaf masks. Imagine that a certain mask-obsessed culture from a neighbouring country/alternate dimension encountered a little plant person flying about on a leaf propeller, a truly magical entity, that was, coincidentally, wearing a leaf-shaped mask in the approximate location of its face. Now imagine that culture used that poor little Korok's magic to enhance their own masks, with varying degrees of success…

• Barbarian Armor?

Violetlight - - Theorizing

I don't know about the Barbarian armour being moblin/bobokin, simply because they're usually described as monsters, not as a "race". No way of this being true, but it reminds me of some Troll armour sets from World of Warcraft

• Great theory! Mine was similar, but a bit different: The house in Hateno belonged to Link's parents, so technically it is "his" house. However, I think the house he was planning to live in after this Calamity business was all over was the ruins above Zora's Domain, where you find the Zora Helmet. I think he was planning on living there with Mipha after they got married.

• Zelda Headcanons

Violetlight - - Theorizing

I'm new here, and this thread looked fun, so I just thought I'd share some of my headcanon/fan fic fodder. Minor Spoilers ahead for OoT, TP and BotW OoT Link and Zelda are twin siblings. Just because, as others have stated, they look similar (the Hero of Time is the only Link with really golden hair, the other blond ones are more sandy blond). There's quite a bit of evidence in the game for it, with the Composer Bros' statement, etc. And the fact that neither Link's Dad nor Zelda's Mom are ever …

• So about the Gorons, again...

Just a bit of headcanon here: I always assumed that Gorons, were neither male nor female. Gorons are Gorons, and may reproduce via asexual methods. One possibility may be "budding", where a baby Goron may actually grow out of an adult's back. Simple real life animals like hydras (a kind of simple jellyfish-like thing, not, unfortunately, a nine-headed dragon) reproduce this way. It could explain Bludo's "back pain" in BotW as well -- he may be getting ready to bud, and either doesn't realize it,…

• Firstly, let's get this out of the way right now. As an Aspie myself, I can assure everyone here that people with Aspergers DO NOT LACK EMPATHY! Sorry for the all caps, but this is a persistent and dangerous myth that has real world consequences for Aspies everywhere, like being unlikely to be considered for jobs, despite qualifications/work experience. Autism does NOT equal sociopath! We have just as much empathy as anyone else, even more so in certain situations, since social hangups are less …