Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 894.
  • I personally think that the way Nintendo usually handles romance in the series - with just hints of it with nothing definite comfirmed one way or the other in-game, is the best way to handle it. Give the shippers something to write about, while it's not affecting gameplay or the main plot in any significant way. I'm not a fan of the almost forced Link/Zelda romance in later games, either overt in SS or its more subtle, if one-sided version in BotW, though it has been fun to explore in my fanfic …

• Mod Note: As much as I love a good Doctor Who discussion, it really doesn't belong here. Please move it over to Entertainment, unless you think the next game's villains are the Daleks, and Link is now a Time Lord and must stop them from furthur screwing up the timeline You may now proceed with real Zelda villain discussions.

• Netflix's kids section just released like 2 or 3 new seasons of Octonauts. It's this cute little kids show that my husband describes as "somebody's toy box went on an undersea adventure", and kids learn about real animals. My son loves it, especially for the cute "Creature Report" song at the end of each episode, so we had a bit of a marathon over the weekend The new She Ra series has been postponed until November. I thought for sure it was supposed to come out in mid October. Oh well.

• I agree with @Evran_Speer. Having regional variation in the monsters made every zone more memorable, IMO. If OoT could do it on the N64, there really was no excuse except laziness for BotW using the same monsters everywhere. Bring back my Dodongoes on Death Mountain, Tektites near water, Deku Babas in forests, etc.

• Quote from lord-of-shadow: “A spinoff with adorable, inquisitive, baby warlock Ganny and all his roguish aunts and cousins? Sure, I'm in. ” And now I want to make this as a new alt in WoW, even though I already have a Warlock. What spec do you think Ganondorf would be? I think either Destruction or Affliction. Demonology is a little iffy, but still doable.

• Zelda II Appreciation Thread

Violetlight - - Classic Zelda

^ So would that mean the Zelda in the original is *not* a descendant of Hylia then? Or would she still count since she would (presumably) be a descendant of the Sleeping Zelda's brother, and woudl get her lineage through him.

• The last post in this thread before last Friday was in February, so I'm going to go and lock it. Don't want those ReDead getting loose. Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic though.

• Haven't been able to think of anything fitting the theme in the time given either, so I'm not participating in this one. Here's hoping there will be more entries before tomorrow! I am looking forward to reading them

• Hi Calab, welcome to the boards! Just so you know, we have a forum especially for discussing creative projects, the Creative Corner. I've taken the liberty of moving your thread there. Some other threads you may find helpful would be the forum rules, and Newbie Central. You can always PM me or any of the other forum mods for help as well. Welcome, and enjoy your time here!

• When you're disappointed you can't climb like Spider-Link in World of Warcraft (or insert any other open-world game here).

• The Parenting Thread

Violetlight - - General Chit-Chat

So after almost a year of waiting (I first contacted the local children's health services about an appointment back in November last year), we were finally able to have Arden see the developmental pediatrician. The doctor met with Arden for about two hours, and asked a lot of questions. He wants some imput from his daycare teachers and some videos from Arden's speech therapist before he makes his official diagnosis, but just from our one session, the doctor has basically confirmed what I already…

• Your Choice of 3

Violetlight - - Future Zelda

1. An immersive, but still open, non-linear story, with tons of lore details scattered around the world, and characters you really feel for, taking place in the *present* of the story. In Metroid Prime, you could scan almost anything and learn detailed, relevant lore aspects about the game, but this was completely optional for players who didn't care. Let's upgrade the Hyrule Compendium to be something like this. Let it scan NPCs as well as objects. So basically OoT's level of storytelling, with…

• I got bored of Master Mode once I was off the Great Plateau. Like Evran said, it was fun for early game, but after that, it didn't really add anything new. I wish the second DLC had been a new, post-game story, like everyone thought it was going to be before it came out.

• The only "crossover" I've written is the first chapter of a Muppet Show/Sesame Street crossover, but considering they are both Muppet franchises (or both were when they were both under Jim Henson) and have crossed over in the past in officially produced shows (Muppet Family Christmas is still awesome!), I'm not sure if it really count as a crossover. Basically, I think a crossover can work if the works in question share a common theme or plot element, and you can picture the crossover happen off…

• Zelda Headcanons

Violetlight - - Theorizing

@Nonoctoro Link wouldn't be a Time Lord, at least in the sense as a member of the species from the Planet Gallifrey, because he always starts out with 3 hearts, not 2. I think Companion is more likely. There's a difference between a time traveler (which all Companions are), and a Time Lord. On that note, ever notice the Ocarina of Time is TARDIS blue? h0D44TK.jpg

• Zelda Headcanons

Violetlight - - Theorizing

Fun headcanon: The Happy Mask Salesman isn't Hylian, Terminian, or any mortal race. He's a Timelord. That's how he knows about Link being the Hero of Time, even though nobody in the CT who Link hasn't told should know that at all. Also explains how he shows up in an entirely different timeline in OoX. Jumping from one timeline to another no problem for someone with a TARDIS. The way he doesn't have a name, just a descriptive title, also fits. The Happy Mask Salesman, who's mission is to spread h…

• Got my graphics issue sorted out and bought the game time bundle! It's nice to play again after so long. I like the new talent trees better than the little I saw of Legion's. Glad to have my Camouflage back for my Hunter, and I love having 2 pets out at once! My little raptor's seeing her first use since WotLK, and she complements my devilsaur so well! Need to get down to Un'Goro at some point and snag a Pterrodax! I was mostly doing Darkmoon Faire stuff yesterday. I need about 500 more faire co…

• In the comics, the Falcon took up the Captain America mantle. Maybe the same will happen in the MCU?

• Hyrule Conquest

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

That was Epic! (Hidden Content)

• Mod Note: This thread is about Ideas for Future Zelda titles. If you'd like to discuss copyright law or other off-topic subjects, please take it to the Serious Discussion and General Chit Chat threads. Back on topic please.

• You look at your purple grapes at lunch and think "awww, they look like mini Bomb Flowers!"

• CAPTION! That Screenshot! II

Violetlight - - General Zelda

Young Link: Look you little scene-stealing, Sailor Moon-eyed brat ... Toon Link: Tough talk coming from someone too young to hold the Master Sword! Young Link: I've got your "Master Sword" right here!

• Retelling the Creation Myth

Violetlight - - Future Zelda

I don't think it's really necessary, because Hyrule is a fantasy land, where magic exists, as does physical proof of its gods in the form of the Triforce. We can already take the Deku Tree's creation story in OoT as being at least partly metaphorical. Besides, the main question in Hyrulean mythology has less to do with the creation story and far more to do with shoehorning fitting Hylia and Demise into the pre-existing, far less black and white mythology. Though I have to admit, your art is real…

• Just letting everyone know who is thinking of signing back up to WoW, Blizzard has a deal going on right now. Buy 180 days worth of play time (about 6 months), and get a free flying pirate ship mount. I'm going for it, as soon as my husband figures out my graphics problem with BfA. wowhead.com/news=287276/blizza…-capn-crackers-battle-pet

• ^ Yeah, I showed my husband, and he pointed out the boulders on the outside. A little disappointing. I was hoping the Malice-Door might have been a way into the Citadel itself when the Malice eventually disappeared, storywise. Oh well. It's still cool to find something new in BotW, especailly after I've literally zigzagged all over the map looking for stuff.

• Gorons vs firearms

I'd say that if a modern weapon can damage a boulder of similar mass to the Goron in question, then yes, it could be a threat. So heavy arms fire would probably be a problem, but most handgun and even automatic bullets (excluding armour piercing rounds) would probably not be.

• This thread's last post until yesterday was nearly a year ago, so it's being closed. Please remember that if you see an interesting thread but it s over 6 months old, it's better to start a new one on the same topic. That said *Plays Sun Song. Redead thread is frozen*

• I found it! It's just south west of the base of the tower, right on top. You destroy two wooden crates, and there's this tiny little hole in the wall you have to crouch to get through. Inside are a couple pots some barrels and a caved in bed. There's what looks like a doorway, but Malice is trying to ooze in and completely blocking it. That and the sounds of bokokins wandering around outside makes the place eerie. Anyone know how to get a screenshot off a Wii U? Such a cool find!

• Where did you find this bedroom exactly, @Wildecastor? Is it right at the top near the tower, or off one of the side "balconies"? I've been looking all over for it! Quote from Wildecastor: “I found a small bedroom at the top of Akkala Citadel, hidden behind some boxes the other day, which I really enjoyed because I love hanging out in that little study area since it's about the only glimpse we get into the citadel's interior. ”

• @Miles Thanks for posting the randomizer! I've been spending the last couple days watching it between work/taking care of my toddler. It's actually a really cool concept and a fun lets play to watch!

• Early Celebrity Crushes

Violetlight - - General Chit-Chat

When I was 12, I had such a dumb celebrity crush on Will Smith. I loved watching The Fresh Prince after school. It got worse after he was in Independence Day and Men and Black. Will Smith and sci fi together? It was a dream come true to preteen me. That said, I did tend to like video game and anime guys even more. Ah OoT adult Link, with your 90s Hero haircut. So polygonal, but so cute. Squall from FF8 was a favourite too.

• Don't feel bad @GuardianFIN. I know from experience that babies are HUGE timesinks! My son's 3 now, and I still haven't really got back into World of Warcraft. I prefer single-player games I can put on pause, for obvious reasons.

• Your favorite water dungeon

I really liked Lakebed as well, and Great Bay Temple in MM. I absolutely loved swimming as a Zora in Majora's Mask - it's still the very best swimming mechanic we've got in any Zelda game, IMO. OoT's Water Temple is annoying, but isn't anywhere near as much of a pain in the ass as its reputation makes it out to be. Besides, fighting Dark Link makes the rest of the temple worth it, IMO. Best Mini Boss EVER! Screw Morpha, he should have been the real boss of the temple.

• Again, this thread is not about discussion of what is canon and what isn't. The OP specifically wants to discuss Game Canon, which means things that are in the games. If they're told in outside sources, no matter their canonical status, they're not up for discussion here. So, try to stick to stuff in the games please. What theories/ideas/plot details etc. that are in the games do you dislike and why?

• Mod Note: As the OP requested, please keep your theorizing in this thread strictly about in-game canon. HH and HE can be discussed elsewhere.

• I did something stupid with my Super Metroid game I was trying to figure out the SNES Classic's save system, which I wanted to use because I was nowhere in an in-game save point, and RL was calling (in particular, my 3 year old needed his bath). Somehow, I accidentally ended up overriding my save file with an earlier version of my game. Now I'm back to like 3 energy tanks and most of my powerups are gone! I had just beat that b**** of a boss in Marida too, the one where you need to grapple beam …

• Just out of curiousity, would anyone be interested if I started a blog writing about some of the backstory stuff/ideas for my planned sci fi novel? Things like society descriptions, planets/moons, biospheres, alien species, philosophies, planned characters etc. One thing I like about fan fiction is the feedback you get from others while still in the creative process, and I think feedback like that would help me actually get my novel off the ground. Not to mention organize some of my thoughts.

• I went back and reread the first three chapters, and I have to admit, I did use ellispes way too much. I guess it's a bad habit I picked up from fanfiction.net. I should know better. It's actually kind of embarrassing. I think another problem with fan fiction in general is that you expect your audience to know the source material, and thus don't go as much into detail in descriptions as you probably should. I think it chapter one I just assumed my audience would know I was starting off right fro…

• I've been a total Trekkie for Next Gen and its spinoffs since I was 7. So glad you like it @ecrofirt! Season 2 of 'Atypical' just came out! It's a series about an autistic teenager and his family, and going through typical teenage problems while on the spectrum. I wish there had been a show like this when I was younger. Anyway, I loved the first season, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this season brings. Honestly, I'm just happy it was renewed!

• Considering Groot is a tree person, I expected him to be Baby Groot for a *lot* longer. But I guess he would have been too little for his branch to serve as Thor's new axe's handle then. Related to that, I heard a fan rumour that Groot's species are an offshoot of Ydrassil (spelling's probably wrong) the World Tree in Norse mythlogy that connects the Nine Realms. That would explain why Groot is apparently an elective language on Asgard, and would make Groot's branch that much more fitting as Tho…