Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • E3 2015 - Nintendo

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

That Metroid... "thing" was one of the most insulting thing I've ever seen at an E3. That's not what we wanted Nintendo.... not at all.

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

The only brand new announcement I'm fully expecting tomorrow from Nintendo is Animal Crossing for Wii U. Other than that, it's all up in the air. They better have at least 2 other surprises though. I don't think Zelda is getting mentioned at all.

• E3 2015 - Sony

This conference has been insane. This will be the one to beat in the coming years.

• Facebook is the only social media I really use... unless you want to count Snapchat. The single best thing about social media, and one that I think the majority of people can agree, is being able to keep in touch with a whole variety of people from all over. I'm moving halfway across the country in two months for grad school, and I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have a way to keep in touch with all my friends from college. But I do recognize the ugly side of social media. I have dealt…

• I've been re-playing through both Paper Mario and PM: Thousand Year Door lately. Man, both of this games are so great and TTYD is an absolute masterpiece. It still holds up so well today. Anyway, I hope the recent rumors about a Paper Mario Wii U are true. I think if that gets announced, it alone would make me satisfied with Nintendo at E3 this year. Of course, that's only if it's a spiritual successor to the two original games an not another weirdo deviation. Then I'd just be mad.

• The Amiibo Thread

I managed to order an Ike on Play Asia. I didn't mind paying a little bit extra for him. Lucina was already sold out, unfortunately. (I was also around for the Amazon disaster with Lucina a couple weeks ago; she was up for literally about 15 seconds). I got Pac Man and Silver Mario when they came out on that same day, and ordered Wario from Amazon. I heard Meta Knight is slowly getting restocked at Best Buys, so hopefully I can get him. If I can get Meta Knight and King Dedede eventually, I'll b…

• The fact that Aonuma was so confident just 4 months ago that the game was going to be released this year is pretty telling. I'm thinking we have another Twilight Princess on our hands, and the game will be released as Wii U's swan song and the NX's launch game. The only other possibility I can think of is the game is being drastically changed in some way, which I hope is not the case. It's one thing to delay the game, but to not even show anything for E3 is concerning.

• Comparing Zelda Wii U's reveal to SS's reveal, it's kind of similar yet kind of different depending on how you look at it. The thing with SS's reveal is that the very first footage of the game was a demonstration on how the game controls. There was very little focus on the actual game world beyond a rough showing of Faron Woods. Right from the get-go, Zelda Wii U's info was focused almost solely on how vast and interesting the game's world is promising to be. Sure, maybe we haven't actually seen…

• The Amiibo Thread

Quote from Holden: “My Ike order got cancelled. V_V I feel a little okay because I got a Sheik and Fox, but I need some Fire Emblem characters, yo. I want to be able to use some when Code Name: Steam comes out and also I like them a lot.” Yeah, it's going to be pretty weird if Nintendo advertises and hypes these extra features of games when you can't even find the proper amiibos to get them to happen. Hopefully they add sufficient stock when specific games make use of a small amount of specific …

• Quote from John: “ I'd also take issue with the complaints that it wasn't very big on exploration. In a sense that's true, it parcelled up the overworld into discrete sections...just like every 3D Zelda game has done. None of the 3D Zelda games have had a truly open world, instead they've all had a number of sections that you get to via some sort of hub; Hyrule field, Clocktown, the great sea, etc. But it also added a lot of intricacy to the individual parts, so that you were going around and th…

• The Amiibo Thread

I have Zelda, Link, Bowser, Kirby, Samus, and Rosalina. Rosalina I got out of sheer luck of going to Target.com at the right moment; she sold out like 5 minutes after I ordered. I hate the fact that I've been drawn into this whole thing, as the amount of frustration involved is unlike any other collectible item I've ever seen. Right now I'm trying for Dedede, Ike, and Meta Knight, but not only are they rare as heck, there's not even firm release dates for some of them (the Gamestop where I am sa…

• Most of my thoughts can be summed up in Bill's and Keesomething's posts above. Everything shown so far with this game has been hitting all the right marks with what I've always wanted out of a Zelda game. That little part in the demo with the wild horses is actually one of the most promising things for me. Not the horses themselves necessarily, but the fact that they signify that Nintendo is really trying to make this a living, breathing, and dynamic world, instead of a static landscape. I hope …

• Quote from Gustavo: “Hey ZU. I'm on day 13 of Lexapro for anxiety and mild depression, still can't say that I'm feeling major improvements. I'm not worried because the onset of noticeable effects is usually later than day 13, but still, I'm wondering, what exactly should I expect? Are these noticeable, big changes in mood and mentality or do these meds usually work through small, subtle changes? What's in it for me in the next couple of weeks exactly?” I've been on Lexapro for a good while. It's…

• Quote from flyshark: “I'm totally stuck in the Wind Temple. After Makar got captured, I died without getting the hookshot or clearing the blue warp pot. I come back to the first room, and the large fan is not working so I can't get across to the other side. Makar is still captured so I can't reactivate the switch to turn on the fan and i can't enter the warp pot because it spits me back out. Can someone help me please? No clue what to do next.” Do you have a small key on you? If you do, there's …

• Quote from Smallville Boy 69: “The game will come out next year, also it will be playable at the next e3 and we had only see a teaser of few seconds, for sure we will see more soon.” SS met all those criteria too, was even playable at its first E3 reveal, and yet we had to wait until the following February to see anything new. I'd love for you to be right though.

• (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Jaime Lannister: “How do you guys deal when your anxiety and sadness gets around to the point where you start getting thoughts of feeling ignored and unappreciated? I've had a lot of things to identify and try to overcome - especially in the past year when I decided to see a psychologist. Some thoughts are easier to stop and control than others, but these are the sort of thoughts and feelings that I still struggle with fighting and not allowing them to take over. Now I've learned enou…

• You'll probably be able to "go" anywhere right from the start (otherwise Aonuma's been outright lying to us with his past quotes), but you'll need to figure out how to actually get into specific locations you want to go to. I'm thinking you'll probably need items to unlock sections of the overworld, but you'll be able to receive/find said item and unlock said location as soon as you want to, without having to go anywhere else in the overworld first. This fits with the "puzzle" aspect Aonuma ment…

• I think Ganondorf finally getting an original moveset will satisfy my want for a new Zelda character. I have no idea what to think yet with whether or not he actually will.

• I think people generally add a bit more meat to the definition of what constitutes a "village" than simply "a few NPCs hanging around with no enemies". The surface NPCs in SS have a bare-bones interrelation with the environment they live in and generally serve little more purpose than to provide gameplay fodder to chew on for a few seconds before you continue on and likely never speak to them again. Besides the two or three instances where you have to find an NPC and carry them to a certain plac…

• SS didn't have any compasses, and ALBW didn't have any dungeon maps to find. I think Nintendo is experimenting with getting rid of that whole "map, compass, key" structure.

• TP gets credit for its sheer scale, if nothing else. The size of it made Hyrule at least have an illusion of being a vast kingdom, ignoring the literal physical structure of it. One thing I liked a lot was being able to see other areas in the distance in many locations. Like how Hyrule Castle is visible from Zora's Domain. I know the other 3D games have done that somewhat, but it's particularly notable in TP. TP, in a very general and conceptual sense, has an overworld that was at least headed i…

• Mental Illness

Common Knowledge - - General Chit-Chat

I've dealt with periods of depression for most of my college years, with varying degrees of severeness. I attempted to commit suicide while under the influence of alcohol twice. I've been seeing a therapist for a good while now which has helped me through the toughest times. I also suffer from periods of debilitating OCD. At the worst times, I sometimes spend over half my day doing nothing but performing "rituals". The main problem is that I somehow convince myself that I have done something ter…

• Hmm, I remember there being almost a full year between SS's initial reveal before getting new footage, which was just unbearable to wait for. I really hope they aren't gonna do the same thing with this game. I still don't like the "Nintendo-way" of building hype. For their big games, they seem to reveal only the bare minimum at first, then go silent on the game for a while. And once we get closer to release (like with Hyrule Warriors), they go ape shit with marketing until the point where I star…

• One thing SS did do with the enemies that was nice was having multiple varieties of them. Unfortunately, it seems that was a replacement for having more enemy types overall. Ideally, Zelda Wii U should have a bunch of enemy types, both of classic enemies and brand new ones, and then they can add multiple varieties of those enemies on top of that. The developers kind of did the reverse for SS, which made for an underwhelming bestiary. I think part of the problem was that the game was so focused o…

• Second Zelda for Wii U

Common Knowledge - - Future Zelda

I definitely agree with having a second game that re-uses the foundation of the previous one. As for whether it will actually happen.... eh, I have doubts. But there's hope. I think it's already a noticeable improvement that the Zelda Wii U reveal wasn't a showcase of the controls or mechanic-innovation in general. It was focused purely on getting us excited on the content within the game's world. While I'm sure there will be some clever uses of the gamepad in the final game, the fact that it is…

• I think they did pretty well, all things considered. Star Fox still needs to get detailed. And I'm assuming there is still one more major new game announcement for the 3DS event tomorrow. They specified it's a game not talked about yet. I'm still hoping for a Metroid. If that gets announced, I'd be pretty satisfied from Nintendo this year.

• That screenshot of the overworld is pretty much how I imagined my dream Zelda overworld to be. Completely open, mountains in distance you can reach, but still "cluttered" enough with interesting stuff. Of course, I'm judging just from one screenshot, but I got a huge smile as soon as that one screen popped up. I hope we get an actual trailer showing the gameplay this E3. Also, is that a cabin house I see in that field shot? NPC's littered throughout the overworld and not just in towns? Yes pleas…

• Quote from KeeSomething: “ Ugh. This actually made me reconsider purchasing Wii U for Mario Kart. I'm gonna hold off till after E3 in hope that Zelda isn't the only thing that hasn't been shown yet that is on the way to Wii U. If Wii U is going to be a toy scanner, I may as well just wait and see what the current gen consoles have to offer.” I think the NFC thing could end up being a pretty cool thing, but the bolded is probably what I'm fearing the most about Nintendo's E3 this year. Nintendo's…

• I'm interested in this remake, but at the same time, after sinking quite a bit of time into X/Y (my first Pokemon game in years and years), I'm kind of reluctant to purchase another game in the series. Reason being, as much as I enjoyed going through X/Y's world, there's such a jarring skill gap between the all-around simple story mode and the complex and intricate competitive scene that draws attention to the tiniest details about Pokemon. You could go through the entire story mode using pretty…

• Regarding GBA games on the 3DS, I hear that it technologically isn't really possible. If tech-savy people on Neogaf are to be believed, at least. Apparently the GBA ambassador games are run through DS mode or something on the 3DS, and it's different from actually emulating GBA games on the 3DS, which may require too much power. I probably just butchered that explanation, but it's something like that. Anyway, regardless, the whole Virtual Console service is an unused goldmine, and I don't know at…

• Quote from Jeff: “ You only seem to be big picture so you can ignore the gaffes that older games make in order to force distinct gameplay scenarios, like the extremely inorganic dungeon designs. And don't try appealing to other media using traps in their dungeons, because there's a gigantic difference between a boulder falling after Indiana Jones and an ice block puzzle that reforms the ice blocks when you make a mistake (wtf???). That kind of stuff has no explanation beyond being there for game…

• I'm just going to throw my perspective in here. I get the gist of what is being debated and I can understand where both sides are coming from. For me personally, I lean more towards what Double A is saying, as I've always had a distaste for the more linear, obstacle-course-esque nature of SS compared to older Zeldas, and I've stated that many times here before. Thing is, the core of this argument involves something very subtle on the surface that is kind of hard to pinpoint what exactly is causi…

• Quote from Hoopy Frood: “Dixie is for recovery, Diddy is for maintaining speed and not NEEDING recovery. I don't know where Cranky fits in, honestly, but I like speed running levels with him a lot.” Hmm.. I never really wanted to go through levels fast for speed running purposes so I guess those benefits were never apparent for me.

• Guys, Jennifer Lawrence is still beautiful. Just in case you wanted to know. I said it on the first page and I'm saying it again. She's still beautiful. And she's still the love of my life.

• I've been hanging around Neogaf too much, and that's never a place for optimism, so I've been contemplating whether Nintendo really just wants to slowly kill of the Wii U starting now. As in, releasing the games that have already been announced, but beyond that, not much else. Zelda almost seems like a waste to release just on the Wii U, maybe another TP situation is coming. I don't know, I like the Wii U and I wish it was doing a lot better, but at the same time Nintendo hasn't given much reaso…

• So I got this game about a week ago and am in World 4 now. It's great, I love the variety in level design. World 1 was kind of standard fare but then World 2 was very unique and then World 3 blew me away. The challenge is there; I actually spent a good hour on 2-K before giving up. I was playing it as just Donkey Kong which probably isn't the smartest idea but I spent so much time trying to do it I'm going to keep trying to beat the level as just DK now lol. I haven't noticed any real cheap shot…

• Quote from Bilbo Baggins: “No. Off-TV play is awesome. The GamePad is here to stay.” I think its cool too. Unfortunately its bleeding Nintendo dry.

• I think it is in Nintendo's best interest to phase out the gamepad from the spotlight and remarket the Wii U without it. Cut the price drastically along with it. They can make the Wiimote the main controller for the thing, and still have the Pro controller. The gamepad is just bleeding money for them at this point. The market has clearly shown they arent interested in it. So few games actually require the thing for gameplay purposes that they can patch them if they have to or just leave them be …

• Funny this thread got made, as I just recently started playing the game again out of curiosity to see if my opinion changed at all (I never liked it). In my case, the anti-Zelda cycle seems to be taking place, as my frustrations with it (which, fyi, barely have to do with the controls), have been magnified since I played it two years ago. Turns out that after playing a Zelda that leans much more to what I want in a Zelda game (ALBW) I have a harder time picking out redeeming qualities in SS. The…