Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Just further proof that this game stole the show at E3, here's people literally charging to play the game during the last day it's playable. youtube.com/watch?v=ahMRnlWf2P0

• nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-…e-skyward-sword-feedback/ Don't know if this has been posted yet. Aonuma says the changes in this game is a direct result of the negative feedback from Skyward Sword. He also says that he realized that "getting lost" in a game isn't a bad thing-it was something he feared in the past, which is probably why the past Zeldas were so linear, but now it looks like he's embracing the ability to just go anywhere and have the player learn for themselves where they should an…

• I got to say, after seeing more gameplay videos, I'm actually digging the Bokoblin design in this game. Usually their the most useless, ugly, uninspired, and pathetic enemies in Zelda games, but here they look pretty neat and are intelligent enough to use the environment to their advantage (i.e. picking up and throwing explosive barrels at you). I certainly hope there's a ginormous variety of enemies in the game overall, but for the most common enemies that you'll likely encounter almost everywh…

• I wonder how the game is going to handle the map edges. The east side seems pretty obvious, with the oceans, but the other ends not so much. Impassable/un-climable mountains? It'd have to be done organically enough to seem natural. I know this seems like a minor thing, but nothing takes me out of a game for a bit more than when I encounter a blatantly obvious "nope, can't go anymore!" signal in an open world game. As much as I like The Witcher III (from the little I played so far), the constant …

• ^^I just saw that 16:30 thing in that Death Mountain video! Holy cow....this game, this freakin' game haha

• So...there's, um, some humongous creature seen climbing Death Mountain in the distance in this video. Holy crap. nintendo.co.jp/zelda/movie/top.mp4

• Bokoblins will use fire that you created to burn up their own weapons to use against you, haha. Also I read that trying to kick open a chest while barefoot will just have Link yell in pain and take damage. The detail in this game is astounding.

• Yeah, I just saw that floating island thing in a video. It definitely moves too. Very interesting.

• Quote from Avalanchemike: “Quote from Silver Lining: “So.....I'm reading on Neogaf that apparently they confirmed there's no towns whatsoever in this game.... The world is supposed to be desolate and in ruins. Don't know how I feel about that. Trying to find the interview. ” Quote from Smallville Boy: “AONUMA: “I can't share too much about villages because to tell you how the villages work, they're interconnected to the story and overall world.” ” gonna trust Aonuma over conspiracy theorists on …

• So.....I'm reading on Neogaf that apparently they confirmed there's no towns whatsoever in this game.... The world is supposed to be desolate and in ruins. Don't know how I feel about that. Trying to find the interview.

• This Wolf Link thing is awesome. First well made use of an amiibo in a game, in my opinion.

• Ok, one thing I'm going to be negative about: I don't like this game's version of the classic Zelda jingle.

• Koroks! Well, looks like we know where this game falls in the timeline.

• Seems like no voice acting for random conversations with NPCs. I think that's actually a good thing. Save the voice acting for plotline/cutscene stuff. Less interruption for gameplay sequences.

• Man, I can't even imagine the possibilities the climbing mechanic is going to bring. It really looks like you can climb literally everything if you want to.

• Sony is the undisputed master of E3 presentations. Just game, game, game, game, and more games. Even if I'm not interested in everything their showing, watching their conference is always the highlight of E3 for me (in recent years).

• Wow.... that artwork pretty much encapsulates everything I ever wanted in a Zelda game in one image. All those years of discussing (and arguing!) about what I want in a Zelda game....it's all right there, in that picture. I mean, I know it's just artwork and not the actual game, but still....this could be the Zelda game I always dreamed about. Twenty-three years old, and I just feel like a little kid again haha.

• I've kind of become numb to this game over the past, like, 2 years and just fell out of touch, and for some reason I still can't really hype myself up for next week. The wait for this one has just been...too long and I kind of just moved on. But with that said, I'm sure once the day finally comes next week I'll be back in the game fully, analyzing every single detail along with everyone else ha ha. Hopefully it also brings me back to ZU full time as a side effect!

• The Mario RPG games

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

Looks like a new Paper Mario game is coming out for the Wii U. Leaked by Emily Rogers' (well-known Nintendo insider) twitter account. I'm.....cautiously optimistic. This could easily be the return to form for the series or just as easily a continuation down the bland, soulless death spiral. It's been a while since we got a home console PM, so that's something, at least. twitter.com/Emi1yRogers

• Quote from Peter Griffin: “ So you do care. ” Actually, the way it's phrased with the "I'm not sure", it makes more sense with the "I could care". If they said, "I'm not sure..../....that I couldn't care less", the double negative would imply that there's a possibility that they might be able to care less about it. ....Maybe? Sometimes I really hate English.... ANYWAY, yeah, Zelda amiibos... it would depend on what specific characters and how well designed they are as to whether I would get a co…

• Quote from HappyGilmore: “I just want to point out there is still Smash news to come sometime this month, and with no reveal at the VGAs, it means they are probably gonna have at least one more Direct this month. I'm not saying there will be Zelda U news, but if they do want to show something, they would wait until then. And besides that, I'll stand by my original theory: They are waiting till E3 to start revealing big new exclusives and hype up the NX. They are gonna go all out and try to blow …

• Twilight Princess HD

Common Knowledge - - Modern Zelda

Hero Mode should be expected for this game. There really is no excuse why they shouldn't be able to add it after WWHD. Speaking of WWHD's Hero Mode, aside from the obvious increased damage, did they up the enemy AI a little bit for it as well? I remember distinctly noticing an increased rate of attack from some enemies and more "ganging up" on you, especially with the moblins, in comparison to the original. Was that just my imagination or was that a real thing?

• Quote from Viajero de la Galaxia: “ Which side quest was this? It's been a while since I played SS. ” The hand in the toilet one. Sure, it had the little Cawlin love letter angle to it, but it didn't change the gameplay of the side quest in any way. You meet a hand in a toilet, and you give it paper. That's it. I mean, if you're gonna copy a past side quest, it's best not to do one that was pretty bare-bones gameplay wise in the first place. That side quest worked in MM cause it was just so rand…

• Quote from Khao: “I genuinely don't understand all the shit Skyloft gets. If you ask me, through the whole series, when it comes to being a fleshed-out town it's seriously only surpassed by Windfall, Clock Town, and Hyrule Town (from TMC. And talking about it, why the fuck is it never brought up when talking about good towns in Zelda? It's easily up there). Every other town simply pales in comparison. The thing's big, interesting, has by far the most useful shop in the whole series, plenty of si…

• Twilight Princess HD

Also, I don't know if this was posted yet but GameXplain did probably the best comparison video out right now. I'm not gonna lie, I was very underwhelmed by the reveal trailer too, but looking at it side-by-side, you can definitely notice a decent difference. Not enough probably, but it's there. I think part of the problem was that the scenes they chose for the reveal were terrible; you would think they would've shown wide environment shots like Lake Hylia or something to highlight the upgrade, …

• Twilight Princess HD

What do you guys think could be carried over from TP into Zelda Wii U via the amiibo? Obviously it won't be something huge, amiibos never have large affects, but thinking about TP, I have a hard time thinking what could feasibly be transferred over into Zelda Wii U. Part of me thinks there might be some minor connection between the two games considering it's the Wolf Link amiibo, and Wolf Link only that does the transfer.

• Quote from HappyGilmore: “ Sum's up my thoughts on the Direct perfectly. It isn't like Nintendo lead us on into thinking we would get Zelda U footage (and we did). They were perfectly honest about which titles would be shown. So I don't understand all the hate. This was literally no different than any other Direct, except everyone wanted Zelda U news. I honestly think if it wasn't for the hungering for Zelda U news, people wouldn't have been mad. Nintendo will save all their big hype trailers an…

• Quote from Canyarion: “Remastering TP already is like rebooting Spider-Man within a few years of the last movies. Or like a new band releasing a "Best of" CD even though they only made 2 albums. ” I've noticed a lot of people keep saying that, but do you realize WWHD came out just a little over a decade after the original? And assuming TPHD comes out sometime next year, it'd be... guess what? A decade after the original. Anyway, I don't know how to feel about tomorrow's Direct. It could go eithe…

• It's funny, I remember when SS had a pretty long gap between its initial reveal and the next time we saw it. I think it was from E3 2010 till the GDC conference the following February. It seemed like such an eternity waiting that long. Yet, here we are with Zelda Wii U, waiting nearly double the length of that between news. It kind of helps that I'm a much busier person these days than I was during SS's pre-release, so I don't have time to dwell on it as much, but it's still just as aggravating.…

• Hmm... not sure how I feel about the seemingly more colorful artstyle they're going with this, assuming that is in fact Link from TPHD. TP had a distinct tone to it that meshed nicely with the twilight/shadow theme, and a lot of it had to do with the darker art style. Sure, the game looks pretty rough now, but that could easily be fixed without changing the style. I don't know, I feel like the game could lose something valuable if they brighten it up too much. I could very well be jumping the gu…

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

Quote from gamtos: “I dunno guys, Metroid Pinball existed long before Monday Night Federationball. At least we got guns in this one. I'm semi-hyped for Paper Jam Bros. So far no original monsters which pisses me off because it smells like Miyamoto is pulling another Sticker Star overhaul where everything needs to be existing Mario enemies and Forest Fire Ice levels. Paper isn't fun. No one plays Paper Mario because they like paper. No one wants to use scissors as a weapon. No one thought the par…

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx I recommend reading that whole article. It confirms a few things: 1. There is no Metroid Prime game currently in development, despite what we may have wished. 2. Nintendo is not planning any more big projects for the Wii U despite it being only three years old. 3. NX is coming soon and will replace the Wii U (it won't be a handheld replacement). EDIT: See that I was late to post the article. Oh well.…

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

Another thing: as a person who has been collecting them quite a bit myself, I think amiibos are one of the worst things to happen to Nintendo. I hate that they're so successful.

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

By the way, that Metroid thing they showed is being made by Next-Level games, the company that was previously rumored to be developing a 2.5D Metroid, but it got "lolno"-ed by Nintendo. That's what was speculated at least. So Nintendo instead made them do this. Let that all sink in.

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

This conference was the closest thing to them outright saying, "we've given up on the Wii U and moved all efforts to the NX. Sorry." This combined with the Zelda Wii U delay makes it as clear as day now what they're doing.

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

I can't believe I'm saying this... but a final surprise of Retro working on Donkey Kong again would make me happy after all of this.

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

Mario and Luigi was neat, I guess. A crossover is probably the best I can get out of Paper Mario these days.

• E3 2015 - Nintendo

Bunch of Animal Crossing but no actual real Animal Crossing game.... the one game I thought was a sure thing and that didn't even happen.