Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 81-120 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Nintendo Switch

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

Personally, I'm more interested in potential DS/3DS remasters on the Switch than the Wii U. Like TWEWY that got announed. I'd love to have a Bravely Default HD collection (which may actually be happening based on a Twitter tease) and the DS/3DS mainline Dragon Quest games. The only Wii U ports/remasters I'd buy that haven't already been announced are Super Mario Maker (more likely to be a sequel), the Wonderful 101, and possibly Smash if there's a good amount of new content in it.

• Man I wish PoR and RD get a HD collection for the Switch....I'd eat that up. On another note, I'm thinking of playing either SS or FE GBA, since I never played them (well I played a bit of SS a long time ago but not a lot). Any consensus on which of those two is the better game? I'll probably do both regardless.

• The Nintendo Switch

Also, consider the fact that Nintendo didn't even announce this Direct ahead of time. The hype for a January direct only started from rumors/leaks. Otherwise this would have been a complete surprise drop on a random day. It clearly wasn't meant to be a big 2018 showcase, and for what it was, it was a pretty good mini-direct.

• The Nintendo Switch

According to Kotaku, the entire Dark Souls trilogy may eventually be on the Switch. Yes, please! kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/11/report…-pc-being-announced-today

• The Nintendo Switch

Also its important to note that most of these games are releasing in the first half of 2018. This is in no way a representation of everything they're releasing this year. It's just a short little direct showcasing some interesting remakes, ports, and DLCs mainly. I'm sure they'll have a big, old regular Direct with the bombshells sometime in the near future.

• The Nintendo Switch

Excited for Hyrule Warriors, Dark Souls, and TWEWY. Disappointed that it's just Tropical Freeze and not also Returns. Good little mini-direct. People will likely chew out Nintendo for all these ports but I welcome most of them. Nobody cared about the Wii U so these games are getting a second shot. And games like Dark Souls being portable is just fantastic.

• The Nintendo Switch

Resetera (Neogaf's successor after the latter crashed and burned) forums are going absolutely nuts over the rumored Direct, and it seems NoA is aware and is trolling them with their twitter. Pretty humorous to watch. Anyway, I'm expecting Fire Emblem to at least be revealed at the Direct. Don't think we'll see Prime 4 just yet. I also expect some Wii U/third party ports for the Switch (Dark Souls has been heavily rumored). Anything else is anyone's guess.

• mobile.twitter.com/GameXplain/status/943990951688790017 No more DLC for BotW, officially confirmed. For the best, I say. Gotta focus on the future games.

• I'm actually going to suggest something I usually don't and say that there is actually a certain kind of appeal to having some locations of the game "blocked off" from the player at the start. But not in the way past linear Zelda games have typically done them. The appeal of a "forbidden" area is in that it triggers a sense of wonder and intrigue as to what that area is and what can be found there. This is especially effective if the game "teases" the player with what the area is, letting them s…

• So the speculation this weekend is that the Trump administration is setting up to fire Mueller as early as next week and put an end to the investigation, using a recent "scandal" against Rosenstein as the leverage they need to fire Rosenstein and thus eliminating the power barrier between Trump and Mueller. I don't know what's going to happen, but considering the political storm the firing of Comey caused, I don't think the results are going to be pretty. Kind of apprehensive about next week and…

• Quote from john_marston: “I have Resident Evil 4 and Okami on the Wii, two classics that I have yet to play (although I've had them forever). For a while, the Wii versions were considered the best versions, as the motion controls apparently really add to the experience. Now, there are HD versions of these games on the PS4. RE4 being 1080p60fps and Okami 1080p30fps. What would be the best version to play? Get PS4 versions or Wii motion controls still king? ” Coming from somebody who rarely had an…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Common Knowledge - - Modern Zelda

BotW is overall a fantastic game and is tied with Witcher 3 as my favorite game of the past decade or so, and I'd argue that it did indeed innovate in some aspects the entire open-world genre. But I can still recognize that it has its flaws (or rather than straight 'flaws' I'd consider them to be missed potential). Really, you will find that most people who adore the game don't consider it to be absolutely flawless, as no game really is. BotW is the type of Zelda game I've been practically beggi…

• https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/ Fuck off you pedophile. Enjoy the rest of your life in obscurity.

• DLC story holiday 2017

I think the only form of "DLC" BotW may still get will be little freebie marketing tie-ins like the Xenoblade 2 costume. Also, the above posts remind me that I really hope Nintendo releases a Hyrule Warriors "complete edition" for the Switch. Never got around to that game.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Zugioh: “Quote from pj777: “ ” I think it's fair to say that if you've played Blood & Wine/Hearts of Stone, it doesn't matter what game you're playing, the DLC you get for it will never be as good as those two packs. The only problem with Blood & Wine is that it's completely destroyed all expectations I have of any other games' DLC. I always expect that much content now, but you have to remember that CD Projekt Red went completely out of their way to deliver such an amazing DLC pack a…

• Yeah, you're going to have to explain that Guardian one. I've never heard someone explicitly complain about them before.

• DLC story holiday 2017

The six year development cycle has been an issue in the past for me and probably others because it was representative of how Nintendo was always trying to re-invent each game in the series, be it with artstyle changes or motion controls or something else. I mean, I think SS had like two years of development time on just the motion controls, scrapping them, and then deciding to bring them back again later on. So a good chunk of development time on these games was spent on a lot of peripheral stuf…

• DLC story holiday 2017

(Hidden Content)

• I actually imagine it might have been somewhat similar to Just Cause 2's grappling hook in that you can glide while continuously grappling the ground to propel yourself forward. Well, maybe. But it'd work really well with the paraglider.

• ign.com/articles/2017/12/09/ze…-spider-man-says-director Apparently dual hookshots that made you move Spiderman-style were indeed a thing in BotW at a certain point, and there were some disagreements among the developers as to whether to keep it in or not. It would have been cool to have, but I'm not too hung up on the game not having it. Hopefully they can find a way to work it into a future game.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Finished all of the DLC last night. Overall, it is a pretty good expansion, just didn't go that extra mile like a lot of us were hoping for. It's a continuation of everything BotW is about: shrines, a divine beast, exploration, and a boss fight. And in that sense, it certainly serves its purpose well. I can certainly lament over the fact that we didn't get any brand new enemy types, or that nothing actually changes in the game world as it's still pre-Ganon's defeat, but in the end, it gave me ab…

• The Nintendo Switch

Nintendo's been out of control this year, and in the best way. It's like the Wii U's failure lit a fire under them. I can't wait to see what else is coming in 2018.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Good thing my sleep schedule is already fucked up. I'll be playing this through the night.

• ^^I'm not the biggest fan of SS, but I'd totally give the game a replay if a remake looked like that.

• DLC story holiday 2017

I hope there's something new with the dragons. Riding them, yeah, that'd be cool but I'd like to see some lore elements added to them.

• https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/ Michael Flynn has plead guilty to lying to the FBI and is now cooperating with the Mueller probe. hq0sx6bjd1jyyaxkszvp.gif

• mobile.twitter.com/jaketapper/…935875175853297664/photo/ Accusing news anchors of murder over Twitter now. Hmph, that's a new one.

• DLC story holiday 2017

I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times already, but I'm really curious about how Hyrule Castle/Town is going to be handled. Considering this takes place after the main story, it'd be really stupid and immersion-breaking to just have it the way it currently is post-game with Calamity Ganon still possessing it in case you want a re-match, especially when characters will clearly be referencing the fact that you've defeated Ganon already. So something has to be different about it to make an…

• Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Will be interesting to see how many BOTW games have been sold after this holiday. I said I thought it could end up being the highest sold Zelda ever and maybe even be the first Zelda to reach 10 million sales. I heard its at 4.7 but with the holidays coming up and its 2nd DLC coming out I am sure that number is going to increase a lot more soon has more people are going to be getting a switch soon. Will be interesting to see what its at after the holidays. ” I'm pret…

• Don't know if this has been posted yet, but there's a BotW "Master Works" encyclopedia-type book available for pre-order on Amazon Japan, releasing in December there. Don't know what the contents are exactly, but probably some lore and artwork details like in the prior Zelda books. You can bet Dark Horse will be publishing it for the west soon enough (they did Hyrule Historia and Arts and Artifacts). amazon.co.jp/ゼルダの伝説-30周年記念書籍-L…LDA-BREATH/dp/4198645396/

• Super Mario Odyssey

Quote from Lord Vain: “Gotta say another rather infuriating one just now was the Master Cup race in Steam Gardens, the Golden Koopa really cheats and you have to beat it to the punch...after a few attempts and doing it with the Joy Cons instead of my Pro Controller, I was finally able to do it. Not sure why or if it's just something I'm not doing right, but the whole "homing dive-jump into Cappy" trick just often doesn't want to work for me when using the Pro Controller, like either Mario will m…

• Super Mario Odyssey

Quote from Mirren: “Just left Shiveria and landed in the Seaside Kingdom. Shiveria was one of my favorite kingdoms, yet. For those who have completed the game, can you fill me in on something? (Hidden Content) ” I would say that, yes, in general the later kingdoms ramp up the platforming angle more so than the first half of the game does. I found that even the larger, more open late game kingdoms such as the Luncheon Kingdom have a more tight platforming focus despite still being completely open…

• Super Mario Odyssey

Beat the main game last night. The whole final act of the game after Luncheon Kingdom is just non-stop creativity and brought a huge smile to my face. The final boss fight itself is a bit disappointing, but everything surrounding it, both before and after, probably makes it the best ending to a mainline Mario game ever. (Hidden Content) I feel it's kind of fruitless to try and compare this game to BotW in terms of quality because, despite their similarities in design philosophy, the Mario and Ze…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from MVS: “Why am I even in this thread? I am not supposed to buy this yet. Maybe I will play Mario before Xenoblade after all. Do you get a sense of scale from this game? Not necessarily the worlds on their own but the whole picture? I don't know how to express myself. ” Yeah, it has a kind of BotW feel to it. Not in a literal size of the worlds sense but it certainly feels like a grand adventure with tons of content and ambition put into it. Both Odyssey and BotW have this new age of Nin…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Speaking of the Mipha amiibo, that one pictured there that is used in all the promos has a horrible looking mouth that nearly ruins the whole thing, giving her a derpy look. There's a newer promo picture that vastly improves this and has it actually resembling how she looks in the game. I hope there isn't a lot of facial variation like that in the shipped ones like with some of the early day amiibos. imgres

• It's taken a while to really figure out where BotW ranks for me, although for certain it's near the top for me, with the only real question being whether it outranks MM as my favorite Zelda game. In the end, MM probably edges out just a little bit, so BotW sits at a very close second. I have to really think hard about where my list goes from there. I haven't ranked them all in quite a while.

• Shin Megami Tensei/Persona is one of the most confusing franchises to get into. There's so many spin-offs and side game games for both of them its overwhelming just figuring out where to start haha.

• Neogaf was my go-to for all my video game news, as many leaks and announcements got posted there way before any gaming news site did. For that, and also for the extensive game Official Threads for major releases, I'll miss it. There was a lot of hyperbole and overreactions on the site, but if you parsed through that, you had long, very fast-paced discussions on games that no other forum could offer. I've been paying attention to he new site that former moderators and notable members are creating…

• Hard Mode doesn't fuck around. There's a lynel next to the Temple of Time now.

• If people want to discuss petty character assassinations in this thread.... https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/880408582310776832 Quote: “I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came.. ..to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no! ” This. This is what you call fucking pettiness.