Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 961-1,000 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • What Annoys You?

Common Knowledge - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from Link9001: “Yeah, it's pretty annoying when people use their nostalgia crap for their reasoning why Ocarina of Time is the best or any game in general.” Nostalgia in and of itself is a good thing to have, but it certainly becomes a problem when it starts blinding people into believing nothing could ever compare to a game ever. I have a ton of nostalgia for MM, my favorite video game ever, but, thing is, I'm still able to play it to this day and love every second of it on top of that. I…

• What Annoys You?

I sort of agree with you, Lantean, about OoT. The problem I personally have is that people equate the fact that it was groundbreaking (which it most certainly was) to mean that it is the best game ever. It's perfectly fine to have OoT as your favorite Zelda game and love it to death, but I can't stand it when people use reasons like, "It was the first 3-D Zelda game" for why they think it's the best. The fact that it was the first 3-D Zelda game that set a standard for all adventure games to fol…

• It's going to be interesting to see how the Wii U is going to turn out in general with the control types, not just with Zelda. So far, I'm pretty sure it's still a "one tablet per console" deal, which means that any game that has some form of multiplayer component (in other words, virtually every game these days) is going to have to have two completely different control styles. It'll basically be like the Classic Controller compatible games with the Wii, except this time it's pretty much mandato…

• God damn the area designs are looking great. Reminds me of the Metroid Prime games with the level of detail.

• Xenoblade talk thread

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

Quote from OneHungryHippo: “I really have to say, I hate Nintendo of America for their shear stupidity. I have seen a ton of gameplay footage, and I am blown away by the game, and really want to play it, want a chance to play it without the effort of importing, and getting a PAL system. And I don't want to screw around with my NTSC one to get it to play PAL games. They'll let shovelware go, but when a great game comes along, let alone three, they just say no.” NoA's refusal to bring these game o…

• What Annoys You?

When games have separate bonuses given only if you pre-order at certain places. I'm looking at you, Batman: Arkham City!

• Hopefully the enemy weapons aren't a one-room deal like in WW.

• Xenoblade talk thread

Xenoblade Chronicles? Pfft. Last Story and Pandora's Tower? Pffft. Nintendo of America's got the right idea. We don't need those games. The Wii is perfectly capable of lasting through 2012 with just Mario Party 9 in January. They're so smart.

• 2:00 am is the average for me. Sometimes it's a little earlier, 12:30 being the earliest. On the other hand, the other night I was up to 5:00 am. But it's usually around 2:00. It's nice when you're classes don't start until 12:50 in the afternoon each day.

• I'd watch an entire walkthrough of this game before I play if I had to. So, no, I don't give a crap about spoilers.

• Quote from Behind_the_Deku_Tree: “Oh, thanks. It's a lot more convenient this way, as it sometimes gets annoying when you have to stop and play the Sun's Song.” As opposed to having to go to Skyloft to sleep everytime you want to change the time of day?

• Quote from zelda4eva!: “I believe that Skyward Sword will actually set a new precedent for what developers can accomplish with motion controls. If you look at the games Sony/Microsoft are making for Move/Kinect none are as ambitious and big as a game like SS. They are usually on-rails experiences with little effort put into making them really "big" titles, meanwhile their big titles only have motion controls tacked on, like an after thought. If Sony and Microsoft do not copy Nintendo's Wii U con…

• Quote from Super: “Skyward Sword has the potential to overcome Ocarina of Time. What we've seen and heard so far feels very promising to me. People say Ocarina of Time is the best because it was a breakthrough game, it was on whole nother gaming level back in 1998, it was the first BIG, 3D Zelda game, of course it will have a lasting impression on all of us. We also associate OoT with nostalgia, therefore it gives us that good feeling when we think of how we used to play it back in the day. At l…

• Quote from nikohesus: “6231838717_299d78322c_z.jpg Done!” That reminds me, what game was it that had a "Next Gen Graphics" filter unlockable that made everything in the game brown? I remember hearing about that and it made me laugh.

• So here's a little something interesting I found. I actually first read it from a thread on the IGN Wii boards, which got its source from GoNintendo, which in turn got its source from a French website. Well anyways, Miyamoto apparently said a few words during the Tokyo Zelda concert: He said something interesting during a part of his speech (from GoNintendo): Quote: “"Wondering how excited Miyamoto is for The Legend of Zelda on Wii U? Well, at the Tokyo Legend of Zelda concert, Miyamoto took the…

• Quote from Young Link: “ 1) Being very unlinear harkens back to the original zelda games like LOZ and AlttP. The way its set up is just like those old games only in 3D, the way you used to progress from screen to screen, now in SS you progress from area to area. Thats great ” Ummm... I'm sorry, but what the hell? SS is looking to be furthest removed from the original's game overworld structure as it could possibly be.

• PS3 or PS Vita?

I'm finally getting a PS3 myself this December. It has a great lineup of games that should be cheap now that I've been dying to play for years. It's always better to go with the system that you know has great games than one that you don't know how things will turn out with yet (given a choice between the two, at least).

• Banjo-Kazooie.

The two greatest "collect-a-thon" platformers ever made. Tooie beats Kazooie by just a tad; the way the worlds connected in Tooie was fantastic. But neither one of them have anything I can really complain about, except for maybe the fact that the musical notes reset each time you leave the world in Kazooie. That got a little frustrating. Anyways, these two games are almost always the first ones I go back to when I think about playing an N64 classic. I don't think they'll ever get old.

• What Annoys You?

Quote from Jani: “The thread title 'An hopeful thought...' A hopeful thought! In fact, it should technically be A Hopeful Thought. Heck, the name 'An Hero of Time' annoys me, I have to read it as 'An 'Ero of Time'.” Just so you know, "An Hero" is an internet meme regarding suicide. That username is obviously a play on that.

• I love how everybody was so sure that the six hearts were just for demo purposes. But whatever. Anyways, what interests me about that is how many heart pieces will be in this game. Cause if you start off with six, (let's just assume there's nine bosses in this game that give you heart containers; sounds reasonable), that's already 15 hearts right there, leaving 20 for heart pieces. I'm pretty sure they're not going back to TP's five heart pieces for one heart container, so heart pieces might not…

• Quote from Cereal Bawks: “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: Combat Preview Video - Wii - IGN Aw man, we start out with 6 hearts. Well, hopefully it won't be that bad. And there's a left hand option.” Yeah, I'm pretty sure the six hearts is confirmed now, since the IGN team seems to be playing the final copy... I think.

• I'm not the biggest fan of Apple by any means, but it's just foolish not to admire and respect the innovations this guy made. @ lefty: Can you at least give some proof that everything he accomplished is a "giant joke"?

• What Annoys You?

Quote from Poe Princess Mara: “ EDIT: That being said, it does annoy me when I walking into college and a group of people turn around and stare at me like I've grown an extra head or something, and I think "What? Is there something on my face? Did I dress weirdly without realising?" I think they do it deliberately.” That has always happened to me often. Nowadays I either give them a dirty look back or, if they're just staring at me, I glare back at them until they get all nervous and look away.

• Battlefield 3

Quote from ɹɐǝqıɹǝ: “131772367445.jpg” Damn, that's not too pretty, is it?

• Favorite Game System?

Quote from Yeraza: “ I'm glad people aren't like that about videogames nowadays.” ....They aren't?

• Game of the Year 2011

Yeah, I really don't think Portal 2 is game of the year material, honestly, despite being a good game. As for Dark Souls, yeah, it's on my (very big) list of games I eventually want to get that are coming out this fall. I can't say when I'll be able to get it, because there are a few other games that I put priority over to get. I heard it's brutally hard, which could be a good thing, but can also turn into a bad thing pretty quickly for me. Regardless, I look forward to eventually trying it out.

• Favorite Game System?

Just going by the one I have the most fond memories with, that would be the Gamecube. It was that time of my childhood where I didn't really have anything to worry about except getting lost in the magic of video games all day. A good chunk of my favorite video games actually belong to other systems, but just looking at the experience overall, the Gamecube era was the peak for me.

• Ectomy pretty much described the one major worry I have with this game. Everybody always is quick to bring up how this game will be just as "segmented" as previous Zeldas, with the sky simply taking the place of Hyrule Field. Thing is, it's not really the same. The entire feel of a cohesive and grand land to explore is lost if I have to go all the way up to the sky just to get to the forest to the volcano. It just doesn't feel right. That stuff works in Metroid, but Metroid isn't about exploring…

• Wow, I always thought fishing was a major element people look forward to in Zelda games. According to this thread, though, people don't really like it. As for me, I don't care either way.

• Quote from Behind_the_Deku_Tree: “Am I the only one who was excited for SS since the E3 2009 reveal?” Oh, I was excited for that, for sure. The SS we got in 2010 felt like a different game, though. I was more excited just speculating based on that one picture and a few quotes from the developers more than I was excited for the 2010 game.

• It had the worst initial reveal it could possibly have. It ingrained pessimism and apathy into me the the entirety of 2010 and a good chunk of this year as well. It wasn't until the GDC in March that I started to actually be interested in this game. Now I'm pretty excited for it, but even then, it's not on the level of excitement I had for TP. And it's nothing to do with the game itself- there's only like one or two things I'm worried about for this game. I really think the blame all goes to tha…

• Quote from Behind_the_Deku_Tree: “I don't want to read them, but why is everyone jumping into conclusions and saying they're fake? Just curious.” Cause people don't want to think that Nintendo is willing to reuse story and boss elements from previous games. (Hidden Content)

• Facial Hair

I always say that I'm going to grow my facial hair out and keep it that way, then after a few days of having it, I get sick of it, shave it all off, then it's back again in two days. Overall, I could do without it, I guess.

• Quote from Primus: “Its still segmentation none-the-less. (I'm referring to TP)” There's a difference, and you know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to keep arguing this if all people are going to do is say, "They were still segmented!" when there is still a clear difference.

• Quote from nikohesus: “The overworlds of past Zeldas were segmented as well, now instead of a large empty field you have a gorgeous flying maze where travel takes seconds.” They were connected.

• Quote from Behind_the_Deku_Tree: “Because a dense overworld with a load of content and puzzles is totally a step-down from non-immersive boring grasslands with villages unrealistically located at the edges.” I just think a dense overworld with loads of content that also doesn't require me to go up to the sky and pick another jumping off spot would be ideal. It's the segmentation part that bothers me.

• Quote from Marige: “Could be, it's a little hard to tell from that perspective. I did love that kind of gameplay, though. EDIT: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! Nintendo Takes The Bioware Route - Dialogue Options In Skyward Sword?! omg?” I have to say, it's odd that the Zelda game that looks to make Link the most fleshed out and colorful Link yet, is also the Zelda that is making the move for customization of the character. I always said that Nintendo was eventually going to have to choose between making Link …

• Quote: “When Link finds the professor he is asked to help catch a cat that belongs to one of Skyloft's residents. You'll find the cat by jumping and climbing across rooftops.” TP deja vu alert.

• Quote from Kostya: “Maybe, though I wonder what it would do. Increase the stamina gauge or something?” Come to think of it, I distinctly remember a website (might have been Gameinformer) that said you must eat fruit to increase your stamina during sprint sessions, Super Mario Galaxy 2 style.

• Quote from An Hero of Time: “But the real question is this: Can we make "kabobs" out of Link's foes?” Supposedly, enemies take a little while to "disappear" in this game, so... maybe? I'd have non-stop fun with that.