Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 41-80 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Presentation wise, Microsoft had the best conference, I'd say so far. It's what I always want out of E3: just game after game. But I'm not too big on Microsoft exclusives and most of the games they showcased I'll be able to play on my PS4. Game-wise, Sony has the most I'm looking forward to, and Bethesda had a surprisingly good showing. Well see where Nintendo fits in all of this tomorrow.

• Glad Leon didn't suffer Chris's fate with the new game engine.

• I mean, this presentation is a cool idea, but it's not really a good fit for a couple hour conference. It's pretty much a fancier version of Nintendo Treehouse, but Nintendo also does a Direct beforehand and then does the Threehouse all day for a couple of days. This Sony one is just going to limit the amount of coverage of new games.

• They ended it on a good note. I just really wanted a Fallout 3 Remaster at the very least, or, even better, a 3 and NV compilation. It's 3's 10th anniversary this year and I thought for sure they would do it. Instead they celebrated...Fallout Shelter's anniversary.

• Quote from Vulpes: “I think part of the problem is that males don't have as many ways to feel attractive and desirable as females. Women can wear flattering clothing and makeup and feel sexy, even if they are not actually looking for sex, or even sexual attention. Great! Good for them. It's good for their confidence and self-image. But how does a man feel sexy? While things like status and physical attributes may make a man sexy, that doesn't mean they make him feel sexy. In a way, the only way …

• I don't own an Xbox One, but that was certainly one of MS's better conferences. Almost no fluff, just game after game. Most of the games I'm excited for are multiplatform, so I don't see myself picking up a One right away, although I may get it down the line. Cyberpunk was cool and the reveal was well done. Anything from Witcher 3 developers is sure to be gold.

• These types of men always seem to have a severe lack of self-reflection. They don't ever look inward at themselves to see where they can make self-improvements that may make them more successful in relationships or just life in general. I know you mention hitting the gym and stuff in your post and how it creates unrealistic standards, which is certainly true, but the incel group never even considers doing stuff like that to improve their health and looks, taking care of themselves with proper gr…

• I like this. Will be a good jumping point for me as I get back into the series. It'll probably sell more than any of the mainline gen titles.

• Both OoT and MM weren't afraid to delve into darker themes on occasion and have creepy environments, and that's something I without a doubt miss. Even BotW which deals with a post-war world doesn't really ever get into those sorts of details. Things like the Bottom of the Well and Ikana Canyon seem almost foreign to the series by now. These sorts of things need to come back! I agree that, in general, OoT nails the whole varying atmosphere deal, which is even more impressive when you consider tha…

• I never expected BotW to get everything absolutely right, considering how dramatic of a departure it is for the series and how it is essentially Nintendo's first foray into giant open-world games. And even so, it's incredible just how much it did get right on the first go-around. I don't know if BotW will remain as one of the most cherished games throughout the franchise's life, but it will certainly be viewed as one of the most important, right up there with the original and OoT. This is withou…

• Gotta love the right being all up in arms about Michelle Wolf's comedy act at the WHCD last night. It's all "fuck your feelings" with the Trump crowd until they're the ones on the receiving end of some offensive jokes. The news media reaction has been equally as stupid.

• It's also the best selling Zelda game now, not including re-releases such as OoT 3D added to the original games. But I'm sure it's well on course to beating those combined sales too.

• nintendoeverything.com/zelda-b…easts-guardians-and-more/ Woah, don't know if this has been posted yet, but this article has some early concept art for BotW courtesy of the Master Works encyclopedia (which has yet to be released in the west). Those early guardian designs tho: MoreEarlyGuardians.jpg And after seeing those divine beast designs, I kind of want to see them make return in the next game (preferably not as a replacement of traditional dungeons this time around; perhaps as optional/secre…

• I don't have an XBone and I'm not sure if I'm planning on getting one soon. My PS4 has done well enough in giving me a constant stream of great games, with many awesome exclusives. With that said, I have to hand it to Microsoft for their backwards compatibility efforts. If I ever decide to get an Xbone, that would be one of the major factors in persuading me. Despite having not as much of an iconic game library as Sony and Nintendo, Microsoft is absolutely destroying those two in providing consu…

• Just started Persona 5 yesterday, as my very first Persona (as well as Shin Megami Tensei, although I guess the Persona games are wholly their own thing now) game. My first impression is that it's weird as fuck. Lol. I mean, cool concepts, but very weird. I haven't gotten far enough to really have all the battle mechanics fully fleshed out (pretty sure I'm still in the tutorial segment of the game) but I can see a lot of promise in it and I'm excited to see its full potential.

• Good and interesting thoughts on LiS from you guys. Personally, I felt like the sad endings to LiS were a satisfactory conclusion to (what I feel was) the underlying theme of the game. (Hidden Content) So that's my thoughts on LiS and it's sad endings. Of course, this wasn't at all going into what you guys were discussing; that it plays into the tropes of LGBT characters having tragic and sad endings to their stories, which I definitely understand where you guys are coming from. It's rather unfo…

• I recently played through Life is Strange: Before the Storm (got the deluxe edition with the vinyl set at the beginning of March). I only just played the original Life is Strange late last year, so I'm fairly new to the series, but damn, I fell in love with it so quickly, and Before the Storm is almost just as good. Didn't think it was possible for me to cry from video games these days, but LiS has managed to do on several instances. Looking forward to hearing about the new sequel that's being m…

• Trump (or rather, Sessions) just fired FBI Director McCabe just a day before his retirement. Hey guys, I think Trump might be a bit of a petty person! But it's also apparent that this is a ploy to try and discredit McCabe, who was a FBI witness in the Mueller investigation (McCabe was one of three senior FBI staff James Comey told about his Trump conversations with before he was fired last year). Also, there's a possibility that this action might have violated Session's recusal from matters pert…

• Final results still have yet to be announced, but it looks like Democrat Conor Lamb may have won the Pennsylvania special election by just a hair, in a district that was previously 20 points on the Republican side. Midterms are looking more and more like they're gonna be a bloodbath, and I love it.

• The Nintendo Switch

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

I'm not entirely sold on Mario Tennis just yet, but I'm certainly interested in it, which is saying a heck of a lot for a Mario sports game in 2018. I think the last one I really enjoyed was Mario Superstar Baseball (speaking of which, damn that game was fun, we need a new one!).

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Advance: “Just to give my input on Ganon's appearance in Smash, I think it's more than likely he'll be given a BotW style considering they gave Sheik a TP style despite not having an appearance in that game. ” Sheik had concept art from when she was originally gonna be in TP, which is what her Brawl look is based off of. I heard that Ganondorf actually has some concept art for BotW, but I don't know how true that is.

• The Nintendo Switch

Poor old Ganondorf is still gonna be stuck in his TP days.... Unless they go for his Hyrule Warriors look. That'd be pretty cool.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Topaz Mutiny: “Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Common Knowledge: “Oh, and I can't be the only one amused by Nintendo's pretending that Partners in Time never existed, right? ” This annoys me actually. I bought Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story a couple years ago. These two are commonly referred to as the best Mario & Luigi games, with Partners in Time not far behind. I played a bit of Partners in Time, but sold it as something didn't quite resonate with me. But in stead of…

• The Nintendo Switch

Oh, and I can't be the only one amused by Nintendo's pretending that Partners in Time never existed, right?

• The Nintendo Switch

I don't mind Wii U ports, they just make sense from a business standpoint (effectively nobody owned a Wii U). But I AM disappointed with Captain Toad because of the added Odyssey-themed levels: that indicates that a sequel is likely not in the pipeline and I'm not gonna buy that game again just to play those extra levels. Bleh. Smash is likely going to be treated by Nintendo as a brand new entry, even if it's essentially just Wii U + 3DS + new characters, stages, and some new gameplay modes....w…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from ich Will: “@MVS It's 23:00 Gonna steal this from ResetEra (from this thread: Editt1520546400z1.png Also, Google posted something that makes it seem like a mobile Mario Kart game might be announced? Just my guess based on what they posted, which was a Google Street screenshot with Mario Kart banana peels photoshopped to it, and several hints in the post itself that were clearly alluding at Mario Kart. ” That already got announced! At the investor meeting in January. It's called Mario K…

• The Nintendo Switch

For what it's worth, Resetera forums are home to several known Nintendo-leakers, who teased some things that ended up being in the January Mini-Direct, and several of them are teasing at Smash right now on those forums. We shall see.. I also think there's like a 90% chance FE gets revealed.

• This guy is going INSANE. He's on CNN right now just rambling crazy and is yelling "ARREST ME".

• washingtonpost.com/politics/fo…ml?utm_term=.ae99e2d79a98 Quote: “Former Trump aide Sam Nunberg said Monday that he has been subpoenaed to appear in front of a federal grand jury investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 but that he will refuse to go. In an interview with The Washington Post, Nunberg said he was asked to come to Washington to appear before the grand jury on Friday. He also provided The Washington Post a copy of his two-page grand jury subpoena seeking documents related to P…

• Armed deputies who's job is to handle these situations didn't help much, yet teachers with guns will surely get the job done. Yeah, ok, Trump.

• I finished all routes of Nier Automata yesterday. Definitely was worth seeing it through to the end, even if I was still quite confused by everything and had to watch some analysis YT videos to piece everything together. But after doing that and thinking more about it, I definitely appreciate the overall message it was getting at and how a lot of it is open to interpretation. (Hidden Content) And today, I blazed through both Limbo and Inside for the first time. Both are excellent games. Limbo re…

• Nunes Memo

Common Knowledge - - Serious Discussion

mobile.twitter.com/ap/status/962130231325839361 Quote: “BREAKING: Citing national security concerns, Trump says he won't declassify Democratic memo on Russia probe, asks for revisions. ” Look at that impartial and unbiased nature on display!

• I had no qualms with using my ancient arrows on the lynels in Trial of the Sword. No way I would have beaten that, especially on the last floor with all the other enemies. The final trial actually has a pretty good amount of ancient arrows to find if you look hard enough. I think I had about 7 or 8 to use by the time I was done with it.

• Been playing Nier Automata lately. Currently on my second playthrough (route B). Pretty interesting game, not really like what I expected it to be like. Interested in seeing where the alternative endings take me (I heard route E is the "real" end). The game's difficulty scaling is weird as heck though. I tried Hard at first since that's my go-to usually, but got my ass kicked from all the one-hit kills. Turned it down to Normal but the game's more or less a breeze on that. Oh well, at least I ha…

• The Nintendo Switch

The Switch has officially surpassed Wii U lifetime sales in one year with 14.86 lifetime sales. Super Mario Odyssey is an absolute beast with over 9 million sold. BotW is at 6.7 million on the Switch (doesn't count Wii U version). Another success story seems to be Xenoblade 2, which crossed the one million mark, which is quite good for that series. Full software and hardware reports are here: Earnings report: nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131e.pdf Hardware: nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft…

• Nintendo's newest earnings report has BotW Switch at 6.7 million sold. The only known Wii U number we have, if I recall correctly, is about 1 million (that was back around launch). This means the game is very near, or has possibly surpassed, 8 million sold between the two versions. Yeah, I'd say the game was a roaring success lol. nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

• The three biggest areas that Nintendo needs to focus on in order to improve the BotW formula, in my eyes, are: -Enemy variety -Interior exploration -Lore/backstory Enemy variety is self-explanatory. While I understand and appreciate that BotW's focus was on the wilderness and nature (heck, it's right in the name), there is a lot of lost potential from not having any significant interior environments such as abandoned temples, forts, caves, and whatnot to stumble upon and choose to explore. There…

• I don't really care what form items take in the next game; rune or otherwise. I don't think the rune form is what makes BotW puzzle solving repetitive at points; it's the simple fact that there's only 4 types of them. So I do want a meatier repertoire of items in the next game, including the return of classic Zelda items (the hookshot was actually supposed to be in BotW, and the developers fought among themselves as to whether or not to keep it in). Plus some brand new things, of course. Items a…

• A government shutdown is a very fitting way to mark Trump's first anniversary of being in office, if I do say so myself.

• The Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Labo is clearly aimed squarely at kids, which I think it has a good enough shot of being popular with. Would be cool if they come out with franchise-based ones like Mario or Zelda. But yeah, clearly not for me but I wasn't expecting it to be.