Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 161-200 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Majora's Mafia Day 5 - Town Wins!

Cody - - Mafia Archive

If Kae’s Death was a Mafia kill probably they just wanted to take out someone who was out of the spotlight on Day 1 so they could avoid a doctor. I’m not sure what information we have other than night actions, so I guess we’ll have to make use of some of them. Usually on Day 2 I would support chasing up e.g. Hist to see whether that tie vote on Day 1 meant anything, but without death info we don’t know if we already took out a Mafia on Day 1 or not. Presumably we’ll get some sort of information …

Cody - - Mafia Archive

What are everyone’s thoughts on what our strategy should be today?

Cody - - Mafia Archive

I know it’s hard to know what to say when we don’t have any new information yet but let’s get some conversation started. Everyone should at least check in and let us know if they have anything interesting to say from last night.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Good morning to you too Mordred

• Majoras Mafia: Clock Town [Hub]

Cody - - Mafia Archive

You can chat here in the hub and make jokes as long as you're not impacting the game by commenting on who you think should be lynched etc. There might be a Spectator chat set up for that, so you can ask to join in.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Codestur is the name of my ship with SacredSturgeon, you can call us Soldy

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Solsetur sure loves hidden voter mechanics in his games nowadays

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Great, I love vote ties. Mostly because it means that Solsetur will have to film a video of his dog settling the tie.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Can I confirm that we have like 2 minutes left? Usually I count 24 hours from when the day started but this day's already being going for 24.5 hours lol.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Well as I mentioned I didn't want to vote for a first-time player in Hist, but now the alternative vote is first-time player Backset lol. Not sure who else to go for, I'm happy to switch votes in these last 5 minutes to one of the other candidates with 2 votes (Lysis and Epicstar and Serenade) but I'm also happy to stay on Mordred because she's being salty about getting voted for lol

Cody - - Mafia Archive

We traditionally don't use Jester roles at ZU but it's possible since this game is a 5/5. The other major type of role that wants to get lynched is the Bomb-type role.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

15 minutes left in the day (possibly, at least I think so, I'm not good with remembering American timezones)

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Quote: “Typical D1, then. So are you cool with a Hist lynch? Your Mordred vote seems kinda weak, if you were trying to create a competitive D1 final vote. Now we have 5 seperate 'wagons' with 2 votes and Hist in the clear lead. You could have added to any of those others that already had 2 votes on them. ” Is Hist not a first time player then? I haven't been in the last few games and in my only recent game I died on night 1. also: Quote from Solsetur: “RealmWings [2]: Gregarious, Lady Sunshine” …

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Quote from Mordred: “and you go for information by voting someone who missed the first 23 hours or so? ” Well who else would you suggest? I wouldn't know because you haven't voted! I don't know why you're so hurt by a policy vote on people who's showed up but haven't voted, it's just my general opinion that it improves the Day 1 experience. I hosted a tragic T3 Mafia game where nobody made this effort and so the game died out and it made me sad.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Quote from GregariousTree: “Hey Cody, nice to hear from you. There's been a lotta hulla-baloo about Hist, you got any other ideas, reads, or impressions about anyone? Thoughts on Realms, Napsta, Froyo, Backset, others? ” My general thoughts on Day 1s is that it's all a big mess where people's "reads" are mostly just confirmation bias made up of who they're getting along with that day and who's disagreeing with them (see Mordred just now) Hist tried to initiate some kind of discussion by claiming…

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Correct, it is 100% just voting for a wagon that seems like it might work, because like everyone else here I have zero information to work off and so am just trying to ensure a competitive Day 1 with a final vote that we can get some information from. I don't think anyone today has presented a better reason than mine.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

It's around that time of day that if you're alone on a wagon you should make your vote more meaningful by shifting to someone who has at least one other vote, so I'd suggest Serenade and Kae think about their backup plans too.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Hi Mordred

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Just woke up and read through the thread. Glad to see most people have voted. My vote isn't doing much good on its own and on general principle I don't like lynching newbies on Day 1 so I'll prop up an alternate who hasn't been voting. [unvote]Lady Sunshine[/unvote] [vote]Mordred[/vote]

Cody - - Mafia Archive

My advice for dealing with situations like this where we can’t lean on our power roles as a surefire crutch to win: vote. Day 1 only starts in earnest when most people have voted and so our votes start to mean something. I’m going to bed now but I’ll be back before end of day.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

There’s definitely a lot happening with this game, a third-party is likely but we’ll have to take them on a case-by-case basis since their powers and win conditions could be anything. Even traditional roles are going to be trouble to have a good strategy for if every player has a hidden modifier. For those not familiar with hidden modifiers, it means that if the GM has you listed as Town Cop, for example your results might be wrong because you’re actually a Paranoid Town Cop who always gets a “M…

Cody - - Mafia Archive

8 voters so far, that’s a good start. Still some people hovering around the thread but not voting though.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

[vote]Lady Sunshine[/vote] My general opinion on Day 1 of Mafia games is that it’s hard to get going until everyone starts voting. Let’s get everyone on the board with a vote and it will make it more meaningful when we decide what to do later in the day.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Good morning everyone. Just checking in for now.

Cody - - Mafia Archive

Looks like a fun theme

• Love Live School Idol Study Club

Cody - - General Gaming

youtube.com/watch?v=ONt_ajHfSiw

• I remember ZU when...

Cody - - General Chit-Chat

And @Rudolf too while we're here

• I remember ZU when...

Speaking of Haret where is he? Drag him over here to say hi

• I remember ZU when...

zeldauniverse.net/forums/Settings/ Blue skin is the skin called Throwback

• I remember ZU when...

Oh here you are, you finally showed up

• I'd be interested if it was the version without the filler from onepace.net "One Pace is a One Piece project that condenses the anime into more accurate adaptations of the manga. It involves removing filler scenes, shortening slow or padded scenes, and merging episodes together."

• But, how old do you _feel_?

At 28, in the context of Zelda Universe I am very old, as someone who's been here for 15 years. I'm basically a ZU grandpa. I can wave my walking stick and talk about the good old days. In my local community area though most of the people involved tend to be older or even retirees, so there I am identified as a "youth", a category which covers everyone from about 13 to 35.

• Time to vote! Here are the two submissions this time around! Quote from Sólsetur: “4A4kBR0.png GM: Solsetur Bastard Rating: 5/5 Players: 18 Description: After Mafiarina of Time ended Solsetur was feeling a bit empty, wandering around the world he had created and then subsequently destroyed by pitting it's habitants against one another. It was very, very sad. He almost wished.. he could go back. And then it hit him. He could! He went digging around Hyrule and found the necessary components, and t…

• The Nintendo Switch

Cody - - General Gaming

I've just published the ZU review of Mario Tennis Aces: Review: Mario Tennis Aces is a deep game for competitive players

• If I was the vigilante in this game I would have approached Day 1 in this order of priority: 1) Was there an actual concrete role problem such as a cop pointing the finger at a player or a counterclaim (Answer: no) 2) Was there a controversial wagon where a player was e.g. in the lead but it slipped during the last hour, which we have the potential to learn a lot from the death of (Answer: Yes that's Nibbler but in this case he was the vig) 3) Was there some other vote target that would work (An…

• How the Mafia should win is that the Town get too used to something, and Mafia slip through a hole in the defenses. There's no ideal strategy of course but there are bad strategies that lead to Town always having an elephant-sized hole in the fence. Like, if we decided to always follow the initial instigator of a cop claim (rather than the counter-claim or just not trusting it at all), at some point a smart Mafia would take advantage of that and sneak through a game, and people would have to be …

• The ZU Book Club

Cody - - Entertainment

This sounds like fun. I have some ideas already.

• Part of the vig discussions should be just the issue of using it correctly. The value of a vig role for Town goes down when fired wildly on Day 1 at someone who isn’t a vote target for the day and wouldn’t gather much info either way. Even if you hit Mafia on a 1/3rd chance, you’ve hit someone who hasn’t really left any leads. When I was a one-shot desperado in Persona Mafia I used my shot to hurry the game forward by clearing up something that would otherwise cost Town an extra day. With that k…

• Most people have some story about an obscure claim to fame, whether it's appearing in the background of a TV news story once, being vaguely related to someone famous, a meme going slightly viral or whatever else. As an example for me last year someone screencapped my tweets and they went semi-viral on Tumblr (over 50,000 notes), and now a year later I still get people messaging me to tell me that they just saw my tweets on some meme page on Facebook: HmVhgL2.png

• I seem to have a knack for showing up dead after Night 1 in Anon games. It was definitely Night 1 in Yu-Gi-Oh Mafia, and I think it was Night 2 on Kae's Mewfia anon game last time. I enjoyed being a sarcastic Bender for that first day though.