Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 241-280 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from PimpUigi: “Are we interested in trying to reach a consensus on a specific timeline to motivate Nintendo to pick one? ” I don't think it's possible for us to reach a consensus. From what I've seen, though, the DT seems to be the most popular choice. (I still maintain it's on another timeline branching off from Skyward Sword's past.)

• If I remember correctly, he drops an item when he leaves.

• Quote from Ganon Vader: “- Change Rauru's reference to Ganondorf getting the Triforce from the Temple of Light to simply say that he got the Triforce from the Sacred Realm ” Why? The Temple of Light is in the Sacred Realm, so that's just more specific, not a contradiction.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Uh that's not how Echoes work. They need to be clones, maybe with a few small changes. A Link without items would be a totally different fighter. (And I think 3 Links are enough this time...) ” Eh, the principle is sound. They're obviously willing to change one move entirely, as Dark Pit still has his own Final Smash and Chrom has a different up special. But yeah, replacing 3 out of 4 specials would be a lot, probably more changes than they're willing to put into an echo f…

• Some thoughts - "You don't belong in this world" (from the Belmont trailer) is... universally applicable in this this game. - The first thing I do when I get this game is making mii fighters for Captain N and Princess Lana. - I will never use regular Samus again. Dark Samus is better. - I hope Orbital Gate Assault comes back. That's the only yet-to-return stage that I really care about. - I don't like that stages and characters are arranged by when they joined Smash instead of by series. - K. Ro…

• At least it wasn't long before the official reveal. Better to see the reveal when you're at least still excited than three weeks in when you take the character's presence for granted (assuming it's a character; I didn't actually read the spoiler, but what else would it be?)

• Forest Architects

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

@MORPHRELINK That's possible, it just seems less likely to me. Probably the most important person in his life to that point is standing right in front of him on the bridge and he just doesn't notice her? Again, it's possible -- his thoughts are obviously elsewhere -- but it makes more sense if she's particularly difficult to see. The fact that she appears right as she begins speaking also strikes me as deliberate.

• Wait, so all they did was add BotW to the pages for all three timelines without actually connecting it to any of the games? That... doesn't mean anything. They wanted to put it on the timeline without restricting it to one placement, so they included all the options and committed to none of them.

• True, but it's easier to ignore if it only happens once.

• I like how even though Zelda is pretty open to reincarnation plots, they don't really emphasize, and allow people like me to willingly believe that there is no reincarnation (aside from Hylia and I guess Ganondorf in FSA). Seriously, it's nice that it can go both ways for the most part. WW even identifies Link as both a reincarnation of the Hero of Time and having no relationship to the Hero of Time, like even the characters in the story can't decide if everyone reincarnates or not.

• Quote from Guinea: “BotW is a SS prequel. Prove to me I'm wrong, and I'll throw counter-evidence in your face, because BotW. It already makes no sense. ” Well, it makes sense with Hylia being alive, and the Sheikah being numerous, and it's possible that the Ancient Sheikah in BotW are related to the Ancient Robots and their tech in SS. So Calamity Ganon is the first evil, then sometime after his fall, Demise emerges and poses such a threat that Hylia herself comes down to deal with him, sacrific…

• At the time, I probably would have wanted OoT to match the Seal War exactly. So, I guess the Triforce stays in one piece and Ganon gets sealed in the Sacred Realm instead of Ganondorf, as well as some dialogue changes like Ganondorf's wish being the thing that corrupts the Sacred Realm. In retrospect, I would change it so it isn't a prequel to ALttP at all and let the story stay as it is, in part because I don't like Ganon having the full Triforce and losing anyway.

• Hyrule's geography

Actually, this thread is pretty old, so I'll lock this one and we can keep the other one going.

• Forest Architects

Quote from Romano-British Medli: “So, do you think the Kokiri can maintain all this stuff made for and by adults? ” Well, they could do smaller cleaning tasks, sweeping and stuff, pretty easily. If one of their houses had a roof caved in or something, they would probably just have to put up with it. But they do have the Deku Tree's protection and the Kokiri Forest is filled with magic-looking little sparkles, so maybe trees don't decay there as quickly as they would in the rest of the world. The…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from Nitro Indigo: “Can I make the mistranslations thread? ” Unless @Ganon Vader objects, go for it. I can sticky it for you when you're done.

• Monstrous Challenge (BotW)

Evran_Speer - - Modern Zelda

If I remember correctly, the monster masks beyond bokoblin aren't available until you beat the Divine Beasts, the only class available at the start would be the bokoblin class. You could clear the Divine Beasts first, or maybe allow for upgrading from one class to another. You could add a "stal-" class, too. Something like this: Class 5: Stalfos [Armor:] Radiant Set or Phantom Ganon Set [Weaponry:] ??????? [Restrictions:] Only three hearts, as much stamina as you want, you can only travel at nig…

• Quote from MVS: “And one more thing in regards to Star Fox Zero... I have rarely (if ever) heard that people have said that it was hard. But what I HAVE heard on the other hand, is that the controls sucks and are a complete mess. ” It doesn't take long to find an example. I did a Google search for "Star Fox Zero review," clicked on the first result, and sure enough, Quote from IGN: “I eventually did get good at it, but the learning process made my first hours more frustrating than they should’ve…

• Zelda Headcanons

Flashback Link is right-handed, too, though, isn't he?

• Zelda Headcanons

It did strike me as odd that Link had to become worthy of the Master Sword again despite having already wielded it extensively in the past. Him being some kind of clone would explain that nicely.

• Quote from Miles: “Series: Ganon - As in, the blue pig man with the trident. His build being closer to that of Bowser, he'd work great as a heavyweight with some reach and range. ALttP: Agahnim - No, seriously. He started the whole "fireball tennis" game that remains a staple of the franchise to this day, and he's also the catalyst for the Light World-Dark World dynamic that defines ALttP. He may be Ganon's alter-ego, but that just puts him in the same boat as Sheik. OoT: Darunia - Another great…

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

I kept the Rubber Set in that back of my mind for a day or two and came to this conclusion: it matters very little, if at all. My thought process is basically to go over everything tying the rubber set to the different races. Ancient Sheikah - 2/3 of it is found in Shrines, so the Sheikah obviously had access to it. - It's said to be very advanced, so the Sheikah probably designed it. Zonai - 2/3 of it is found in Faron, where the Zonai once lived. - 1/3 of it is found at Thundra Plateau, amidst…

• I don't think Yiga Clan is going to be that much of an issue. They don't seem to take an interesting in killing Hylians in general. If they did, frankly they wouldn't need the Zoras' help. Their three main goals seem to be (1) resurrecting Ganon, which already happened, (2) killing Link, which is impossible for now, and (3) stealing the Thunder Helm. (I suspect they see the Thunder Helm as rightful property of Ganon, but that's beside the point.) If they haven't stolen it yet, they'll certainly …

• The Gerudo have similar problems attacking the Zoras as the other way around. They have to cross all of Hyrule in hostile terrain. The Gerudo are more prone and better suited to travel long distances, but that final stretch up Zora's River will still be a challenge. I hesitate to think Riju would commit to something like that, especially since the Gerudo military was already struggling to deal with Yiga Clan. She would probably want to help, but we're talking resources, not an army. The Sheikah …

• Quote from gamtos: “Ganon is definitely the OoT version (unless you count the Spaceworld 2000 demo as other inspiration). You make a good point about Sheik though with her BotW outfit. ” Maybe it's just me, but his general build seems more TP Ganon than OoT Ganon.

• Zelda Headcanons

It's weird, though, because the Forest Temple doesn't strike me as a Kokiri structure. It looks very much in line with the modern Hyrulean style.

• Okay, so BotW: Zoras vs. Hylians. Supposing the Zoras suddenly decide the only way to deal with Hylians is genocide, I think they could almost pull it off. Zora's Domain is remote enough that the Hylians probably wouldn't hear about the attack in advance, so the Zoras have the element of surprise. Add to that the fact that most major Hylian settlements are near water, and even a few Zoras could launch devastating attacks and then retreat into the safety of the waves before their opponents mount …

• Personally, I think I'd like a new design for Impa taking inspiration from her various appearances, rather than Impa taken directly from any one game. More how they're treating Ganon or Sheik in Ultimate than Link. HW Impa seems less fitting as a Sheik echo than OoT or SS Impa would, anyway.

• It's weird, but I kind of prefer "Link's Shadow" for the whole bunch of them.

• Quote from misisme33: “1. Example? When I say agency I mean "free will". At what point in the 7 games (genuinely asking) has the Master Sword after being pulled rejected anyone from touching/holding it? ” If I remember correctly, there's a point in SS when Link loses all his items. Most of the items are then found in chests in the surrounding area, but the sword is found sitting out in the open, surrounded by bokoblins who are looking at it, but not really doing anything. It's subtle, but I'm pr…

• Quote from MVS: “Can you give me some examples of this? If I put it this way, a game from my knowledge that is "hard but fair" has never got a bad reputation because of it. ” I don't think I've heard someone complaining about a hard game say, "It's totally fair, I just lack the necessary skills to do this." Because if that was their attitude, they wouldn't be complaining. Star Fox Zero comes to mind. It seems entirely fair to me, but a lot of other people (probably most other people who've playe…

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

It's hard to say, because the Sheikah monks seem to have some predictive capabilities. There's a blessing shrine in Gerudo Desert where the only reason you can't just walk in is because someone collapsed from exhaustion on top of the "open" button, but the monk inside seems to have known that would happen, because there's no other test is involved. So whether the Sheikah put their shrines inside Zonai structures, or the Zonai built their structures around Sheikah shrines, could really go either …

• Quote from Fubsy: “I dislike the recipe for potions. Are they made out of mushrooms? Bugs? Chu's? Wtf is a potion?! ” Isn't that kind of liking "What is medicine made from?"

• What I'm getting from this conversation is that there should be a Blight Ganon that uses weapons and abilities similar to Link's, dedicated to murdering Link in the overworld just like the other Blights killed the other Champions inside the Divine Beasts.

• Quote from ToriCityCondor: “we could assume that Fi retained it's memories because it overwrote that timeline's Fi. but if we do that, then the question becomes, how come Zelda or Ganondorf, both bearers of a triforce piece, not also retain said memories or the six sages. it's even debatable if Navi remembers the events because she just dips out never to be seen again. but once you start assuming anyone else besides Link retains his memories, it opens a can of worms as to why X person should als…

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

Quote from Ginko: “5. Two shrines in Hebra (To Quomo and Gee Ha´rah) ” In both cases, I assume you mean the large doors that protect the shrines. It might be a silly question, but what about those door actually links them to Lomei architecture? One interesting thing to note is that one of those shrines is accompanied by the Hebra Leviathan skeleton. We can tentatively conclude that the Lomei were active in the region sometime after the death of the Leviathan. Quote from Ginko: “Colossal Labyrint…

• @ToriCityCondor What if the Master Sword was sent back in time the same way the Triforce of Courage apparently was -- with a version remaining in the AT (to be seen in Wind Waker) and one merging with or overwriting the Master Sword of the CT. That way, Fi could remember the events of OoT even in the CT (assuming Fi has a memory of these events at all).

• Zelda Headcanons

New headcanon: LoZ Link becomes such a celebrity just for standing up against Ganon, that he accidentally sets fashion standards for all of Hyrule. Even enemy Goriyas are so impressed that they modify their boomerangs to look like his. Princess Zelda, being imprisoned, doesn't have a change of clothes with her, but she uses magic to modify the color of her dress and keep up with current trends.

• The Big Theory Q&A

That's also the mask that you trade to a skull kid. He doesn't say anything interesting about forest totems, but it's interesting that's the one that appealed to him. In fact, the other skull kids adopt skull masks then, too, right? The skull mask is really popular in the Lost Woods.

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from BackSet: “BotW is set in an alternate AT in which WW Link renounced the Green Tunic to completely wipe away Hyrule and tputting back on the blue tunic from the beginning of the game. That's why the BotW tunic is blue, with the tunic of the wild being the WW tunic reworked by the sheikah monks. ” Maybe it stems from WW's second quest where Link keeps his blue shirt for the entire game?

• The Big Theory Q&A

If I remember correctly, Ganon's minions turn into bats in AoL. Not a direct connection, but still an association.