Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 201-240 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • My favorite complete set is the Zora Set, colored red in honor of Mipha and Sidon. It feels more plot-significant than most, and Link needs the help swimming. I also really like the Rubber Helm. Not so much the rest of the Rubber Set, but the Rubber Helm paired with a Hylian Tunic or some armor is just so stylish. And it's easy to get early on, so you get a nice defensive advantage at least for a while.

• Quote from PJCLink: “Anyways, I'm done talking now. As the OP of this thread, I calmly and politely ask that this tread be locked. ” Since the OP wants the thread locked, (and I think we've heard all the perspectives we're going to hear on this subject anyway,) I'll go ahead and lock it.

• Quote from MORPHRELINK: “1. HS never actually appeared in Hyrule. Only in a silent realm inside Links mind. He never interacted with anybody outside of Link either. Not physically. There is no evidence suggesting a Wolf Link from the so called ether could appear in the physical plane of Hyrule. ” The Hero's Shade appeared in Hyrule in the form of a Golden Wolf. There's no particular reason to believe that he could fight monsters in that form -- and I'm inclined to think he couldn't -- but techni…

• Nice! Now I can finally look behind that statue in Arbiter's Grounds! (Hidden Content) So, it turns out that - The second snake tail doesn't connect to the other snake. - The statue isn't free-standing, but partially embedded in the wall. Thus, the lack of connection between the snakes is hidden behind the wall and isn't canon anyway. Maybe it reflects developer intent. If you're wondering why I care about this, it's about my "Goddess of the Sands" theory below.

• Zelda Geography

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

One of the npcs along Dinraal's path in the north says that you need the blessing of Hylia to see them. From my experience, they also can't be seen before you leave the Great Plateau -- before you talk to a Goddess Statue for the first time. There's also a couple npcs (like Totsuna near Lakeside Stable) who will talk about dragons like beings of legends when they are plainly visible (to us) directly overhead. Link can also see Koroks (who are surprised that he can see them) and Wolf Link (who is…

• I'm pretty sure Wolf Link is either taken or copied from the end of the Cave of Shadows. That's... explicitly the point of the Cave of Shadows, from a design perspective. Also, I'm pretty sure Midna is there, you just can't see her. Unless Link gained the ability to teleport himself using Twilight magic, even when unconscious or possibly dead. What I find weirdest, though, is that people can't see Wolf Link. Monsters can see him, and he can fight and kill monsters, but to anyone else, it would l…

• I'm locking this thread because it's over six months old. *lock*

• He's probably still upset about having to scale down Ridley.

• Zelda Geography

I believe BotW pretty strongly implies that the dragons reshape the land and, since their invisible, may well have done so throughout all Zelda games without being noticed. The villains probably have an effect, too; at least freezing large regions seems to be a common tactic, and that would have to long-term consequences.

• Quote from Zesty Crouton: “I was flipping through it the other day, and there's a part in the timeline section that seems to imply that Zelda sent both herself and Link back in time at the end of OoT, which... is just not correct. Perhaps I misread it, but it bothered me nonetheless. ” That's... odd. Though technically, we wouldn't know if she did, right? She doesn't appear in the party at Lon Lon Ranch, and we barely see any of her interactions with Link after he goes back.

• Quote from MORPHRELINK: “If we were to say that everything is canon. Then we have to agree that Sheikah possessed knowledge of not only alternate timelines, but the ability to bring objects in from alternate universes as well. ” What objects are you thinking of? The green tunics? I ask because I could believe most of the DLC items being either the original from before the split (i.e. Majora's Mask) or a replica based on information about the other timeline, rather than actually taken from the ot…

• Quote from gamtos: “Who are some of your most hated matchups and who do you like fighting most? ” Rosalina is so annoying. I think she's the only one that I really dislike fighting. Maybe Cloud, but probably just needed to get the hang of him. I especially like fighting Marth, Captain Falcon, and Bowser Jr./Koopalings. What's wrong with Olimar, though?

• The Big Theory Q&A

Old enough to not change noticeably after the 7-year gap.

• There are some parts of the DLC are obviously intended to be canon (the additional Champion flashbacks and diaries, for example) and some are obviously intended as just references (the switch shirt and Xenoblade outfit, for example). The grey area is the items that reference other Zelda games, which could really go either way. So, looking at just the DLC and amiibo stuff, I would rank it like this: 1. Trial of the Sword, Champion's Ballad, Korok Mask, Ancient Horse Gear, Royal Guard Set, travel …

• My group usually keeps items on low, so it's not too random, but you can still find them occasionally. There's a skill to being able to take advantage of items and adapting to unexpected changes that adds a lot to the game. Personally, I'm also fond of themed battles: for example, Link against Ganon on Eldin Bridge with only Zelda items (plus a few that fit the theme). One of the things I'm hoping for is the ability to toggle individual assist trophy characters on and off, too.

• OoT Fan Edition is a fun comic. It's basically a comic retelling of OoT, and sticks pretty closely to the plot of that game, with just enough random comedic excursions to keep it feeling fresh. It's currently bogged down in the middle of Dogongo's Cavern and updates are scarce, but... well, we know how the story ends. Winds of Darkness, by our very own Setras, is also very good. It's like reading a Zelda game, with a unique plot that nonetheless feels very Zelda-ish, and the choose-your-own-adve…

• Interesting! That's an approach I haven't seen before, and a very clever one. Any one instance would be a little less certain, as roads can sometimes wind around in very different directions before finally turning to their ultimate destinations, but with four examples (Din, Nayru, and two paths for Zelda), it's a lot easier to be confident in the conclusion. Would you care to elaborate on the process? Maybe on the map, you could mark the presumed starting point and the end point, to show how the…

• Quote from Ganon Vader: “I'll always wonder why OOT called Ruto's race "Zoras" when that name had already been used for a fire-breathing race. ” It would have been a neat connection if Zora Link in MM had some sort of fireball attack. But instead, he got boomerang fins and a force field... Quote from logicalpencils: “Also not sure the general public even know that the Sacred Realm is back there. ” I think I remember someone in town mentioning it as a rumor or legend.

• Deku Trees also seem to have some variety of genetic memory, seeing as the Deku Tree Sprout can explain Link's childhood to him despite having appeared more than seven years after the death of the previous Deku Tree and thus having no way to gain that information. We don't know how long great fairies live, though, do we? I'd guess only a couple hundred years at most, since it seems to be different ones in every game.

• I always assumed it was a bit less dramatic than that. "Ganon" was a nickname for Ganondorf even before he became a blue pig, and over time, he just kept calling himself Ganon and didn't bother with the -dorf. With the effects of legend, the -dorf was (largely) forgotten while Ganon remained. It's only for us, as players and theorists, that Ganondorf/Ganon becomes a hard distinction.

• Quote from gamtos: “instead of ridiculous spiny/red/green shell hats that no one uses ” The Brawler has an attack of falling head-first onto the opponent. It goes really well with the spiky shell helmet. (But that is the only use I've found for any of them.)

• (BOTW) Traysi and the Gorons

Evran_Speer - - Modern Zelda

Just going by memory, I've never encountered "It seems the Gorons are considered female by the Gerudo" before. I recall something like the first line, though I don't recall Traysi identifying the Gorons as male.

• Quote from Ganon Vader: “That Kaepora Gaebora's conversation with you at the Spirit Temple occurs while you're a child and not while you're an adult. Gaebora references time travel, the advice he gives you is for the adult portion of the Spirit Temple, and it would be fun to see him as an adult. ” I agree that the conversation is odd and obviously written for adult Link. However, I think I'd rather change the conversation to make more sense where it is than move it over to the adult era, because…

• Wow. I considered making something like that once, but gave up because it was too much work. So, nicely done. I'm curious, why did you include the dragons, particularly the BotW ones, which are said to be spirits. I would think those would be excluded for the same reason fairies and demons are. Also, I see Wolf Link among the wolves/wolfos, but he's just a cursed human. He probably shouldn't be there at all. Could you elaborate on what "creationism" actually means in this context? It seems to me…

• Quote from Streak: “Aaaanybody else maining Sm4sh Link? Here's a question: Will you be carrying over your main to Ultimate, seeing the similar playstyle, or changing, perhaps to a returning character or the new ones? ” I've been maining Link since before I knew what a main was. For Ultimate, I'm not sure how it'll turn out. The very thing I do when I play this game will be to try out BotW Link. If I like him, I'll stick with him; otherwise, I'll probably switch to Young Link. In particular, Youn…

• Quote from PimpUigi: “OK so we're going with "he just does escape the seal" - fun theory there. ” You seem unsatisfied with that answer, so I'll elaborate. First, there is precedent in the series: - Vaati escaped from the Four Sword on his own. - Ganon escaped from wherever he was sealed in the AT with no mention of someone else breaking the seal, and then he was frozen in time under a flood and escaped again to the surface world. - Ganon got Agahnim though to Hyrule before the seal was broken. …

• The Big Theory Q&A

My first thought was the area around Salari Hill, which has some gentle rolling hills and is pretty close to Thundra Plateau. Crenal Hills is an interesting alternative, though.

• Quote from Chateau Romania - Lite: “If you could find that 200 figure that would be splendid ” Found it! Quote from Tona: “Yep! It's a Zora thing. As we age, we hold ourselves to higher speaking standards. It's a matter of pride. So if you find a Zora older than 100, or maybe even an old Zora who's over 200... They might know something about what happened to Mipha a century ago! ” If you're interested in tracking her down yourself, Tona is on the second floor of Zora's Domain the first time you …

• Ganon always escapes his seals and Vaati escapes the Four Sword on his own eventually. I'd be more surprised if Ganon didn't make it out.

• The Big Theory Q&A

The description of the thunderstorm rod from BotW: * A magical rod that can hurl three balls of electricity at once. Its gem contains electricity from the Hyrule Hills, and the rod will break when that electricity runs out. Is Hyrule Hills an in-game location? I don't remember ever encountering it the name, and can't find it on a map, though obviously there are numerous hills in Hyrule. It's especially interesting because the thunderspear description mentions Thundra Plateau by name; I'm wonderi…

• Quote from Chateau Romania - Lite: “the insane length of a Zora's lifespan (315-400) ” Where are you getting this number? I'm sure I remember it being said BotW that Zoras sometimes live over 200 years, but are considered elders at that point.

• Zelda Headcanons

I don't know if they didn't know what it meant so much as they just didn't care at the time. Remember, the Bible is also an item; it powers up your magic rod. The Triforce was originally going to be supercomputer from the future, but starting with ALttP and more so with OoT, they starting developing their own religion for Hyrule and integrating it with the world. Random references to Christianity were suddenly out of place, so they stopped making them. (Whether Hylia deliberately parallels Jesus…

• Skull Kid is my fifth most-wanted Zelda newcomer, after Midna, Ghirahim, Mipha, and Daruk or maybe Darunia, in that order. Yet I'm still really excited at the idea that he might be in the game. If nothing else, he has good moveset potential, since he can realistically draw on the whole Majora's Mark final battle. I don't know whether that rumor is true, but it would be pretty cool.

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from GrandTheftTARDIS: “Quote from Octorocker: “The Zuna (FSA)=the Twili/Dark Interlopers. ” @Octorocker Could you elaborate on this? I've seen this idea before, and I'm reviewing a lot of Interloper theories at the moment. If you already have somewhere in this thread, sorry! ” Maybe I can help. I don't speak for Octorocker, of course, but I'm familiar with the idea in general. - The Zuna look kind of like Twili (but the appearance of the Zuna in general is pretty vague.) - They are descen…

• That sounds fantastic. I'm going to try it.

• Forest Architects

Quote from Romano-British Medli: “In your theory, you directly stated that the Kokiri either are direct descendants of these proto-Kokiri-Hylians, or the Kokiri are impersonating these previous inhabitants. So I'd say it's completely reasonable to assume the Kokiri are worshipping some items/tools the previous people have used. ” That's a good point. It makes sense that they would have a lot of respect for those who came before them, especially as regards the Kokiri Sword, since the Kokiri don't…

• There are some pretty significant differences in the way Ganon is sealed. In the AT, he is defeated, reverts to human form, and is sealed by the seven sages "beyond the realm of the dead." In the DT, he acquires the full Triforce, assumes blue pig form, and is sealed in the Sacred Realm. Presumably, with the increased power he possesses and the imperfect seal holding him, he begins to break free much earlier in the DT, leading to the Imprisoning War and ultimately to ALttP. Notice how Ganon obta…

• Yeah, it isn't hard to rectify the two accounts by assuming some sort of two-step process in the creation of the Dark Word, but that wouldn't be necessary if not for one line from Sheik that really didn't need to be there in the first place.

• Quote from Canyarion: “I wonder if the stage editor will be back. And then the best one ever, where you can either draw by hand, or use building blocks. The Smash 4 one was pretty crappy. ” Something tells me there's no stage builder this time. They're focusing on things that they know the fans will like, and stage builder has never been popular. It's sad, because all they'd have to do is make it good.

• The Big Theory Q&A

It's also possible that it's a pocket universe created by Zelda just for that occasion. "Empty sky" is probably one of the easiest designs for a pocket universe.