Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I don't think it's confusing, but when I explain it to other people, it usually sounds confusing. Half the time, I have to start with "That's ambiguous," or "My interpretation isn't the most popular, but..." and then I end up giving 3 different answers to the same question.

• Triforce of Courage in BoTW?

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

I actually do believe that Zelda has the full Triforce in BotW. In addition to the Triforce Sigil Setras mentioned, there's the one that appears on her hand earlier, the way she goes about unlocking her power, and her seemingly greatly enhanced abilities (though it's also possible that Calamity Ganon is just really weak). The only significant counterpoint is the actual location of the Triforce, as it never seems to reside within someone once fully formed. As for the other options... probably not…

• Definitely an interesting theory. I look forward to seeing more of it, especially the parts about the Twili and the Wind Tribe. For now, it seems strange that the Gerudo more or less revolutionized the Hylian language (changing it from Japanese-like to English-like), but the actual name "Gerudo" is a Hylian word. I would think that how the Gerudo refer to themselves should have been the first thing to be adopted by the Hylians, but then, I'm no expert in language. Which games do each of these la…

• I'd assume that most of the dungeons decay into oblivion eventually, especially those that are already old buildings left out in the wild (Snowpeak, for instance). Others probably stick around for a long time (the Spirit Temple could be pretty timeless, if the Sphinx is anything to go by) but are just so obscure that they aren't visible in any other games (i.e. you have to follow an invisible ghost through a permanent sandstorm to get there). Quote from ZomBrad412: “Also, does BOTW explain why S…

• Mod note: When quoting someone, common courtesy is to avoid pulling along any unnecessary previous quotes. They very quickly get out of hand and make it harder for someone else reading through the thread to follow along with the conversation. If I'm not being clear, feel free to ask via PM and I'll explain with some examples. For now, I'll edit down some of the posts earlier in this thread.

• A No-Paraglider Run of BotW

Evran_Speer - - Modern Zelda

I cheated on the cannons to play around inside Medoh a bit and got stuck on that same terminal. I haven't quite managed to pull it off, but I'm pretty sure it is possible. (I'm getting tired of saying that.) The room directly above that terminal has an open window and a metal ball. So, drop the ball out the window, use stasis on it, and jump down on top of it. That will at least get you to a decent range of the final terminal. The problem is that even with shield hopping, it's still just out of …

@Mabaug18 You are either really lucky or you're a much better archer than I am. Probably both. There are so many ways this could be easier. Vah Medoh is positioned with one of its wings toward you, and thus one away from you, forcing you to shoot an arrow across its entire wingspan (plus a little) to hit the furthest cannon. If it were flying directly at you, the ones on the sides would be a bit harder, but the one on the back would be a lot easier. Then Vah Medoh moves, ever so slightly, which …

• I can't see Ravio being an echo, but Ravio colors for one of the Links -- probably Toon Link, I guess -- seems pretty likely. I also really want custom moves to return, but I kind of think echoes have taken their place. Slightly different versions of whole fighters instead of slightly different versions of moves. They weren't very well received anyway, even though most of the criticism is for how you unlock them rather than the moves themselves.

Slight update: a bomb arrow on its own doesn't destroy a cannon. It's best to use some kind of attack enhancing gear, or use ancient arrows. Or both. No progress yet on actually hitting the cannon.

• For Richard the bell tolls

I'm not too familiar with this game, so apologies if this is a silly question. Does it have to be another world, or could Custard and Mille Feuille exist in Hyrule's regular world? I like the idea of Prince Richard showing up with his ship and now-loyal soldiers to pick Link up after Koholint disappears and offering him a ride back to Hyrule, or maybe going adventuring together in more new lands.

• Inspired by a map from Master Works, but not truly dependent on it. zelda_breath_of_wild_concept_24.jpg The path taken by Link and the Sheikah to the Shrine of Resurrection takes them through part of the Temple of Time. It's always been weird that there were guardians attacking the temple when there's nothing of value there. I think that Link and his Sheikah rescuers were probably cornered there. That would explain the numerous inactive guardians that look like they were all approaching the temp…

Oh, I completely skipped Vah Medoh. I thought that was so obvious, I didn't even bother saying it (as opposed to Vah Ruta, which is technically possible but not a lot of fun). Actually, I did attempt the flight range once or twice. I didn't succeed there, but I'm pretty sure that it was possible; I just didn't enough stamina to hit enough of the targets in a single leap. But the fight outside Medoh is probably impossible. Maybe I'll give it a go and see if anything interesting strikes me. It's n…

• It's funny; I've only played the Wii version of TP and then Hero Mode in TPHD. All I know is the twisted perversion of the world. I does really bother me that there's no way to play Hero Mode with the "normal" map, though. It would be nice to see the world the canon way, and actually make Hero Mode even more challenging than it is.

• Note: I originally posted this as an edit to my previous post, but by the time I was finished writing it, other people had responded, so I'm moving it here instead to make sure it isn't overlooked. Quote from Mercedes: “If accuracy is desired then why are you replying to me...? Maybe reply to, and correct, the person who said he was only accused of "saying lewd things to someone", which is either a deliberate attempt to down-play the severity of the accusations or is extremely misinformed and mi…

• Quote from Zoran Hero: “IDK, I feel like with something as influential as the SCOTUS I don't think why or how they're a sexual predator is a nuance worth pursuing until charges are officially made. Unless you're for some reason someone who thinks sexual harassment should not be a barrier for serving. ” There are other reasons to be precise. For a pragmatic example, if you call someone a rapist when they aren't a rapist, people might not take you seriously when you call someone a rapist who actua…

• I once did a speedrun of OoT. After I finished the game, I rode around Hyrule Field on Epona for a little bit, and happened to go into Lake Hylia -- where I was immediately greeted by the introduction scene that plays the first time you enter each area. It turns out I had been to Lake Hylia twice: once a child, via the tunnel under Zora's Domain; and once as a adult via the Serenade of Water. Apparently, neither of those triggered the "Welcome to Lake Hylia" scene, so I got a nice scenic look at…

• Hey, it doesn't hurt to be accurate, especially when something as significant as rape or the Supreme Court of the U.S. is involved. After a quick search, it looks like it's actually sexual harassment against one person, and sexual assault against another.

• The Big Theory Q&A

That's the impression I got, too. But for a more creative answer, maybe Vah Rudania wasn't named after Darunia at all, but a different Goron named Rudanio. (Whoever named the Divine Beasts had a habit of changing just the last syllable.)

• Quote from Mercedes: “I appreciate that there was just a correction of "Hey, he's not a rapist! He just sexually assaulted some women." ” You're talking about logicalpencils' post? Because logicalpencils said sexual harassment, not sexual assault.

• Zelda Headcanons

I like to think that there's more than one magic sword, and that "magic sword" or "magical sword" is just a description, not a title or name. That's partially because the magic swords in SCII and HW was very different designs and them both to exist in the actual Zelda universe, but also because there are enough legendary swords with magical powers. We could use a few mundane swords with magical powers instead.

• BOTW Improvements

I'm generally happy with the way the equipment is balanced, but given that we have clothing for lightning immunity (Thunder Helm) and freeze immunity (Zant's Helmet), it's quite an oversight that we don't have an item for fireproof.

• The Big Theory Q&A

I recently stumbled upon this map from BotW's concept art. zelda_breath_of_wild_concept_24.jpg There are a couple more like it here, but this one has the widest view of the damage. Does anyone -- especially anyone with access to Master Works -- know of a map that shows the damage with a better view of the west? In particular, I want to know how far into Gerudo Desert and Gerudo Highlands the damage reaches, because there some old structures there and I'm curious whether they were abandoned befor…

• In my experience, Master Mode is very good for the early game. It gives you a lot more reason to run away from tough fights, and consequently it's a lot more rewarding when you manage to kill something. But it still has that tipping point after which Link becomes an unstoppable engine of destruction and then it's more or less indistinguishable from normal mode. I went in intending to fully upgrade my inventory, make a shield collection, and selectively not talk to people in order to keep as many…

• My Ideal would be Star Fox conversations with Peppy giving strategic advice and Slippy chiming in to comment on the opponent's tech, or how he's trying to analyze their magic. But Star Fox secret conversations are always their own thing for some reason, so that probably won't happen. Not that I'm complaining; they've also all been pretty good so far.

• BOTW Improvements

Quote from MVS: “I don't see the need of having something significant/important (or whatever you want to call it) in every area in a game. To me it feels too gamey in a negative sense. I am not against having a dungeon or whatever in Akkala, but it should not be forced in just because. To me it was a chill and nice area to walk around in. Perhaps and probably my favorite region in the game. ” That's how I feel about Faron. It's nice to have a region that's just there, with things to do but nothi…

• It's not that important in Gerudo Fortress. I usually use deku nuts to stun the guards instead of shooting them. If you're feeling cruel, you can run up and stab them with a sword afterwards, but even that isn't really necessary. I imagine a bomb would work, too. Of course you have to get the hookshot eventually. All I mean is that, even if you don't know where to go for the hookshot, there's enough in the world to keep you interested while you wander around, so you probably don't give up on the…

• I don't consider anyone a lock, but I'm still predicting Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X as a unique fighter, on the grounds that Xenoblade will almost certainly get something and X makes more sense than 2 due to timing. And Elma is most recognizable character in from that game. Also, Louie from Pikmin as an echo of Olimar, to explain why Alph is still an alt.

• Your favorite water dungeon

Evran_Speer - - General Zelda

I don't really consider Vah Ruta a water dungeon, but it is one of my favorite Divine Beasts. (Vah Naboris is longer, and almost as much fun, but I think Vah Ruta is the most entertaining at any given moment.) It's pretty close to Lakebed Temple in the ranking.

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

The Forest Architects in that theory are notable for making their homes within and among the branches of trees, and in natural underground caverns. They also seem to work mostly in wood. By contrast, the Zonai structures we see are almost exclusively above-ground and carved from stone. (Exceptions being the Shrine of Courage and the location of the Hebra Leviathan Skeleton, which are both underground.) They also seem to built along waterways. That isn't to say that there's no connection between …

• Keep in mind, OoT is pretty open, especially at that point. If you can't find the hookshot, you can still do Lon Lon Ranch, Gerudo Fortress, and I think finish the Fire Temple and Ice Cavern -- though I might be forgetting a place where you need the hookshot in one of those. edit: Sheik stays in the Temple of Time until you beat the Forest Temple, right? Does he continue to direct you toward Kakariko?

• The Big Theory Q&A

Wait, so Link is life-draining the bosses when he gets a piece of heart from killing them?

• Quote from Canyarion: “If the game had a mechanic where you could build your own house anywhere, it would be in one of those spots. ” That's an interesting thought. I think would mine would be near Fural Plain, to the south of Lake Hylia -- perhaps behind Highland Stable, near the Lake of the Horse God. Alternatively, maybe in Lanayru Wetlands, near Goponga Village Ruins. It would be a bit depressing living near some ruins, but I can imagine that Link eventually founds New Goponga or something.

• Quote from Serenity: “It is possible for false accusations, but that only accounts for two to ten percent of all accusations. So, at most, 98% of all accusations are truthful. With such a decisive favoring on one side, this argument is done. Yes, it's possible for anyone to falsify their sexual encounters, but in almost every occurrence, it is the truth. ” Your source defines "false reports" as reports "that an investigation factually proves never occurred," and provides for another category of …

• Your Choice of 3

Evran_Speer - - Future Zelda

All of the 3D games have some dungeons that I really like, aesthetically, and some that I dislike. A lot of the sage temples in OoT and WW, and the Temple of Time and Lakebed Temple in TP are just kind of there. The Shrines are by the far the worst. I actually like the Divine Beasts; they're short enough that they don't get old and any explanation for giant animal robots is going to be lame, so the one we got is good enough. I like having limits on warping -- I didn't warp for most of my first p…

• Ooh, nice. You can actually see the other side of the door from the outside; it's covered by a few boulders as well as the Malice. It's a nice find, though not as revolutionary as it sounds. There are similar rooms around the top of Akkala Citadel; most of them are just missing at least one wall and part of the ceiling so you can come and go freely.

• Zelda Headcanons

In BotW, Star Fragments are actually being dropped by a civilization in the sky. They aren't considered valuable up there. More like... golf balls.

• Interestingly, the Dark Link outfit doesn't actually look like OoT Dark Link. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…637a97693b2556de6afd6650czeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…637a97693b2556de6afd6650c OoT Dark Link is a reflection in water -- translucent, kind of blurry, but clear enough to see that he's there. BotW's version's version looks more like the Interlopers from TP dark-link-costume-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-1024x600.jpg hqdefault.jpg Though obviously modeled on the Hero of Time outfit, and even …

• @Miles Right, that's what I mean. ALttP Zelda wasn't in ST, but she can take a move from ST because "Zelda" was there. MM Skull Kid wasn't in TP (unless he was) but he can still take a move from TP because "Skull Kid" was there. There's no need to caught up in the specifics of how many games this particular Skull Kid was in.

• If I remember correctly, the battle music alerted me on more than one occasion to crows (technically guays) swooping in to attack me from behind.

• Your Choice of 3

Evran_Speer - - Future Zelda

1) An open world, like BotW's. 2) A warping system like OoT's, with an intricate web of warp points that can be discovered and used as rewards -- some one-way, some places you can go to from anywhere, some that just link two specific points. 3) Dungeons and bosses with their own unique purposes in the world, rather than being mostly united under one umbrella. TP is a good example of this, though it's hardly unique to that game.