Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 81-120 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Okay, I'm interested. Quote from Cajbaj: “We can see that when Zelda purges nearby Guardians, they completely deactivate. They're dead. Irrepairable. They sit for a hundred years and remain busted, where some guardians that are heavily damaged and shouldn't awaken are still "alive". ” So, there's a discernible difference between Guardians that were "purged" by Zelda and thus remain inactive, and those which were deactivated by other means, and can thus be reactivated by Calamity Ganon as he rega…

• It's certainly an interesting idea, and offers a glimpse of pre-SS history. Perhaps Hylia was a contemporary of Bamo and Aron. Although it does seem strange that she ended up being so revered by humanity after what happened with the other two. I'm skeptical of a few of the details (for example, that this story played out before the creation of the Triforce, and thus when the Goddesses themselves had not yet left the world), but there's little enough evidence to go on that I probably shouldn't ge…

• When I played Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, I ran into two fairly serious difficulties. First, the only way to gain hearts is by gathering baby heart squids and then sacrificing them in some weird torture shop where they're violently smashed into hearts. I couldn't bring myself to allow that to happen, so I was basically playing a three-heart challenge. Second, I didn't notice that I could scroll down in the shop and so missed out on a lot of items and upgrades without even realizing it until …

• Zelda Headcanons

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

Yeah, the Royal Family turning on the Sheikah before OoT is a popular theory but not a sure thing. edit: I remember one theory describing Impaz's stay in the Hidden Village as a banishment itself. I'll leave the timeline talk for the BotW Timeline thread, but if it's true that Ganon appeared before OoT, I'm already headcanoning that it was a different incarnation of him, much like Ganondorf II (or should I say Ganondorf III) in FSA.

• Yeah, I think I saw a horde battle or two, and there are probably giants. It would be funny if all of Olimar's opponents were giant. Also, I like that Duck Hunt fights Rathalos. It's like a giant, fire-breathing duck.

• From what I've seen of Classic mode, it's a lot more restrained than Spirit Battles are. The fighters, stages, music, and boss are chosen to fit a theme, but they don't apply the wacky extra conditions like "occasionally turns metal" or "perpetually accompanied by an assist trophy." It is classic mode, after all. Most of the assist trophies probably wouldn't work as boss battles, either, because they lack either the dramatic scale or a full moveset. If I remember correctly, Rathalos is supposed …

• Aww... I watched the ROB classic mode. The very first battle is... spoilers, I guess... a fight against Meta Knight on the Halberd. I got really excited thinking that it was going to to be themed as a prequel to Subspace Emissary from the Ancient Minister's perspective -- if you don't remember, ROB starts as a villain and the game opens with the Halberd already under enemy control. But then you're fighting two Wii Fit Trainers and it doesn't mean anything. Galleom is an interesting choice for a …

• Quote from Keyaki: “So you're saying there's a potential off-screen Vaati attack sometime after FS and shortly before FSA? ” Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from Evran_Speer: “There are a couple groups of bokoblins that don't come back with the blood moon. ” Alternative theory: those Bokoblins rebelled and weren't loyal to Ganon anymore. ” I considered that, but it's already my explanation for the ones imprisoned in Hyrule Castle and those do come back with the blood moon. Besides, I'm not sure how loyal to Ganon the average bokoblins really is. It could be that he brings them back and powers up them up just because they…

• mod note: Stay on topic, everyone. This thread is about future villains, not Zelda's character.

• There are a couple groups of bokoblins that don't come back with the blood moon. The mounted bokoblins in front of Highland Stable definitely stay dead, and I think the group near Hateno who kidnap some sheep also don't return. I think that's an example of Ganon being pretty clever. He lets some bokoblins stay dead so that the bokoblin population doesn't get out of control, and that there are always stalkoblins to harass travelers at night. I would guess that bokoblins (and lizalfos and moblins)…

• Going up Mount Lanayru the obviously intended way is fun. You hear the dragon music before you see the dragon, so you have an idea of what you're getting into before you actually do it. It adds a lot to the anticipation. (The first time, I climbed up from the side and ran around on top of the mountain trying to figure out what the weird coil was for a pretty long time before finally jumping down and seeing the face. It was a lot less dramatic that way.) Also, I'm pretty sure that the sound effec…

• The Big Theory Q&A

I don't see any reason it couldn't happen. All I'll add is that to reach Wind Mage form, he would have to get his hands on another power comparable to the Light Force, and there aren't many options. I guess the Triforce of Power would work, since it's MIA after TP.

• For reference, here's the first part of the FSA prologue: Quote from FSA Prologue: “Long ago, in the kingdom of Hyrule, a wind sorcerer named Vaati appeared. Vaati terrorized the people of Hyrule and kidnapped many beautiful girls from their homes. When all hope seemed lost, a young boy carrying little more than a sword appeared. According to the legends, when the boy drew his sword, he split into four, the four-who-are-one worked together to vanquish Vaati. The hero used his sword to bind Vaati…

• @Keyaki The prologue of FSA gives me the impression that Vaati has already broken free of the seal and been defeated by this same Link. Thus, the vigil on the seal is probably fairly new. I also think that helps to explain why Zelda's reaction at the first sign of dark happenings is to check on the Four Sword, why Link chose to draw the blade, and even why Link was unarmed in the first place -- because "his" sword is under other use. In the absence of HH, I would have said that FSA was a direct …

• I like the Master Sword. BotW's way of handling it -- having the Master Sword be a unique and powerful weapon, and important in the lore, but completely optional -- was pretty great. If you're tired of the Master Sword, you can just use a different weapon. Ganon is different. He keeps being such an important villain, but with less and less meaningful character as he goes. I'd much prefer a new villain every game. In fact, we do sort of get that, with a different second-in-command villain each ti…

• The Dark Realm

I like to think that the Dark World from FSA is the Dark Realm referenced in the other games, thus making it a sort of Anti-Sacred Realm, reflecting Hyrule. It makes the whole cosmology a lot cleaner, even though there isn't really any evidence for it. (The lack of demons naturally inhabiting FSA's Dark World is the main point against, as far as I can see.)

• I bet seeing Infinity War was really satisfying, though.

• It's probably a reference to the Hylian Shield being unbreakable in Skyward Sword and practically unbreakable in Breath of the Wild. I forgot about Galleom's scene. I assume that's just a brief boss fight introduction, and so won't amount to much, but I guess it's something.

• Random story of the day: I started a new game today just for fun. Early on, I wandered into the large group of mounted bokoblins that gathers around Highland Stable. I defended myself pretty well, but with no horse and no high ground, I couldn't possibly take them all. (This was in Master Mode, by the way.) I was trying to protect myself with my shield while making my way to the stable for safety. It wasn't long before they broke my shield, but luckily, I had another to use after that, though it…

• Quote from Topaz Mutiny: “Would one consider the removal of Link's hookshot a buff or a nerf, or somewhere in the middle? ” A nerf to style. I rewatched all the Subspace Emissary cutscenes on Youtube. I'd forgotten how epic that was. I really hope World of Light has a few cutscenes past the introduction. I know it couldn't be the same anyway, but seeing cross-series interactions beyond the actual fights is pretty great. On that note, I guess npcs from the games run the shops and such in Spirit M…

• Quote from Cajbaj: “Plus the Hero's Shade is required--I think you have to run into him at least once and he teaches you the Ending Blow, which you use to defeat Ganon. I'd imagine that's cathartic. ” Good point. Do you think he passes on after TP regardless of the other skills, knowing that just the one was enough to make a successful hero?

• The fact that no one really knows makes Bowser a less-than-ideal father and/or evil overlord.

• Quote from gamtos: “Anyone got newcomer mains lined up? ” I think I've mentioned this before, but I've been "maining" Link for as long as I've been playing Smash. I have to see how BotW Link plays, but I might end up switching the Young Link for more of the classic moveset. Not a huge change, I know, but none of the newcomers have really pulled me in. The closest thing I can say is that I've always wanted to be good with Samus and never managed to do it, so I'll give Dark Samus a shot and hope f…

• Quote from PurpleandRed: “But you can ignore the Hero's Shade and leave him with regrets. ” Oh, right, I forgot that was an option. Well, at least he has a happy ending in some versions of the game.

• The Hero's Shade does have a happy ending. He passes on his skills to a hero who uses them to save the world. Having eased his regrets, he presumably passes on to the next life in peace. It takes a while after his death, but it's still a happy ending.

• That isn't so weird considering that just by virtue of being playable, we can have seven Chroms onscreen at once. It's funny, though, that people earlier on predicted Chrom because Robin's final smash hadn't been shown yet. They were right for the wrong reason. Random question, have we seen any spirits of assist trophy characters? Or pokeball pokemon?

• Wow. I forgot Classic Mode even existed, and now it's tailored to each individual character? That's really cool, especially since the spirit battles, as far as I know, don't limit your character options. Suddenly, I'm really looking forward to playing classic with almost every character. Anyway, my DLC predictions: 1. Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X. The near-total lack of XCX content is Smash Bros. is glaring, considering XC 1 got a character and XC 2 only didn't because it came out too late. …

• I happened to be thinking about BotW DLC and it suddenly occurred to unfortunate the in-game explanation for it is. Basically, Misko the bandit stole them from Hyrule Castle and then hid them around Hyrule. Which means that every time we ask the question, "Why is this here?" the answer is "Because Misko put it there." Phantom armor in the Coliseum. Does that mean that Hylian knights once dueled phantoms? No. Tingle's clothing at a trading post and a prison. Does that means that he was a travelin…

• I'm surprised people are so disappointed. Did no one notice that Lip mii costume? Panel de Pon hasn't gotten any new content since Melee, and the official costume is much more impressive than my attempt at a Lip mii fighter in Smash 4. She can even dual-wield Lip's sticks! I'm already planning to use Lip and Yoshi together for a Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack team up. (I'm only half joking.) The event matches look fun. They've always been pretty creative with referencing the games, but including ass…

• Quote from Hpa654: “Also, I now have an answer to why the Oracles appear in TMC: at the end of OoS/A Zelda says that she wants to bring the Oracles to Hyrule where they would be safe, and since Nayri has the power to travel in time, Zelda sents them to TMC time, one of the most peacefull times. I think is set between TFH and TLoZ ” The description for Nayru's figuring in Minish Cap says that she is "descended from a line of oracles in the land of Labrynna." I've always taken that to mean that MC…

• Honestly, though, I see the game benefiting from an easy mode.

• Quote from The Baton of the Wind: “@Evran_Speer Hyrule as a kingdom has been since Demise's defeat. And yeah, I would say SS at least establishes that the gods will Hyrule to belong to Hylia's people. Hylia established a monarchy with which control would be maintained. If she had established a democracy or something like that then perhaps it would be left more to question. Also, HH calls Hyrule "God's Country" [ 神の国 ] and again it is said the royal family is blood-related to one of those gods an…

• Just a few thoughts. Quote from The Baton of the Wind: “And the gods will that the Hylians rule the land. ” Is it ever said that the success of Hyrule is the will of the gods? After all, Hylians have only ruled the land since the end of the Hyrulean Civil War, less than a decade, judging by Link's age. The dominance of Hylians seems to be mostly a matter of them winning, and I don't recall anyone suggesting otherwise. Quote from The Baton of the Wind: “And I might even go as far to say that ther…

• I think I have an unusual perspective on this. I've never technically beaten Link's Awakening. I made it almost to the end -- and then decided not to wake the Wind Fish. At one point, I did intend to go through, but the thing that changed my mind... was that ridiculous face on the floor. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…51e1ec4aedbaee3545f19ca9b After being defeated, the floorface says, "Okay, listen up! If the Windfish wakes up, everything on this island will be gone forever! And I do mean... EVE…

• I don't think being a poe requires a horrible death, exactly. It seems to just require a strong desire to stay in the world, whether that comes from some specific task that must be completed, or just a general desire to lash out at the world and hurt someone (as seems to be the case with standard poes). Given the circumstances, I think the poe sisters lingered for the purpose of protecting the elevator that leads down to Phantom Ganon's room, which seems to be the most important place in the For…

• Interestingly, Hylia incarnated in human form as Zelda, with a different name. The oracles share their names directly with the Goddesses. Aside from that, it is possible, but without more evidence, not very convincing.

• Isaac seems pretty cool, and I'd be interested to see how Mach Rider would work, but the others are all just meh for me. I hope it isn't true.

• Zelda Headcanons

There's already an item called the Mole Mitts. I'm not sure the off-screen "Mole" really adds anything.

• Quote from Nonoctoro: “And how them and Lizalfos are treated like simple monsters even if they are more like mercenaries, like the bad Zora were. ” On that note, aside from the usual complaints about enemy variety in BotW, it's a shame that we get the same enemies all over Hyrule. I really like knowing that bulblins live in Gerudo Desert in TP, and moblins live in the forest in OoT. BotW just kind of throws everything everywhere (except Lynels on Death Mountain, I guess), and it kind of detracts…