Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • DC Cinematic Universe

Evran_Speer - - Entertainment

Honestly, I think movies taking place in a shared universe but telling their own stories is more interesting than the big crossovers. I still look back fondly on the pre-Avengers MCU, and I was disappointed when the DCEU basically skipped that step. Maybe now they can finally capture that feel.

• Zelda Headcanons

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

@Jedi Master Sagan I just haven't touched Melee since Brawl came out, and That and I'd be hard-pressed to think of a headcanon to explain it away in Melee.

• The Big Theory Q&A

It's possible that the ALBW/TFH are clay monsters meant to imitate actual undead. Or... maybe they're people who died by melting? That's a grim thought.

• Quote from MVS: “Right, I think that "trick" wasn't intentional by the Zeldateam haha. It just sounds too simple. They should have made the "wall" higher. ” Probably. I assumed it wouldn't work, and was actually pretty impressed when it did. I've seen it used in other unlikely places, too, like completing the Magnesis tutorial shrine without actually using Magnesis, so they seem to have been only accounting for normal jumps for the most part.

• Quote from MVS: “Quote from Evran_Speer: “You can also just jump over it with a shield-hop. ” Not sure if I understand how that would work, but sound harder than it should be. ” I mean just run toward the thorns at top speed, and jump, and then whip out your shield as if to sled on it. You get right over. I didn't try bomb arrows, though.

• You can also just jump over it with a shield-hop.

• Quote from Guinea: “ I found a Shrine surrounded by thorns and I guess I have to burn them??? ” Is it that one where the thorns are in water so they don't burn?

• Zelda Headcanons

I think I've finally settled on a headcanon for Smash Ultimate Sheik. In Smash 4, I thought of Sheik as OoT Zelda despite the TP concept art design because we already had TP Zelda and I didn't want the same character appearing twice. But having adult Zelda and young Link appear side-by-side is just too weird. I think it's an uncanny valley-like thing; Link can fight Ridley or Villager and it's so obviously noncanon that the absurdity just adds to the experience, but with characters from the same…

• TP stands pretty well on its own, though the Triforce/Goddess imagery wouldn't mean as much without other games as reference. I wonder how Ganondorf comes across if you haven't played the other games. You wouldn't have the high expectations, so maybe you wouldn't be disappointed by his one-note characterization, but at the same time, you have no real reference for who he is and where he came from and why. He might seem rather lackluster.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

I don't have high hopes for this, but did you look at the outer wall of the Plateau to see if it has any signs of Zonai architecture?

• Quote from gamtos: “"Now look at the logos of every game in the franchise. Notice something? Yes... Majora's Mask... For it is the first and only time in the series, they drop their classic red lettering in favor of the color purple!" ” To be fair, I think they meant it was the only time to use purple letters, not the only time to drop the red letters. Quote from gamtos: “Second, Skull Kid, Tatl and Tael are first encountered in Hyrule. We don't even know if Tatl was originally from Termina, and…

• As a general rule anything that claims to be the "deepest" theory, or the "biggest" theory, or "theory of everything" turns out to be mostly baseless speculation. Honestly, though, I don't often seek out alternate translations or consult people who speak Japanese when making my theories, either.

• Zelda Headcanons

There's also Mils and Mina. Judging by hair, Mils is Hylian and Mina is Sheikah, but they're also brother and sister. (Zelda Wiki describes Mina as Hylian, but I'm not sure where they got that information.) It's possible that they're part-Sheikah, part-Hylian as well. But there are other possibilities, too. Headcanon: The Stealth Set from Kakariko is actually in pretty common use in Hyrule, especially among adventurers and travelers on the road. We just don't see those travelers because... they'…

• Wow, this thread is almost a decade old. We don't allow posting in threads more than about six months old, so I'll go ahead and lock this one. Also, welcome to ZU @Daniel_Fake!

• Let's get back on topic, team. Quote from Mango The Magician: “Skyloft stayed in the air while the Isle of the Goddess fell down at the end of SS. Interestingly the orientation of the Isle of Goddess matches up with the orientation of the Temple of Time in SS, and we know the Sealed Temple became the Temple of Time, so I'm actually kinda curious how skyloft would match up when overlayed with botws map. ” I'm not sure how to go about aligning the two. The Temple of Time is built over the Sealed T…

• I did have some fun diving in with the Zora armor and manually chasing them down. Hunting like a bigger fish, I guess. I tried regular arrows, but even that felt too easy to me.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Also, when Daphnes makes his Triforce wish, the three pieces fly up to the centers of the three circular holes in the shield that once held the ocean back. Someone should make a list of all these.

• From memory, you can get the Warm Doublet on the Great Plateau by cooking a meal that requires first catching a fish. Honestly, I think just having a fishing rod would have added a ton of value to all the watery areas, especially if there were fish who stuck closer to the bottom and had to be lured rather than simple shot with arrows from shore. A fishing-specific theme would make up for the lake of a Lake Hylia-specific theme, too, at least to some extent.

• Since there's a similar discussion happening in another thread, and this one has been inactive for several months, I'll go ahead and lock it.

• @Kasuto @Fal Cie, what's your explanation for the life tree?

• Wow, that is really interesting. I, too, believe that the timeline splits in SS and place BotW on one of those splits with the known timeline on the other. The thing is, we're completely reversed with what happens on which timeline. My reasoning is that, in the DDET, the tech in Lanayru would be in much better and more salvageable condition, meaning that the Sheikah could retain and use that technology to make shrines, guardians, divine beasts, and the like, whereas in the DDLT, that technology …

• Okay, so here's my own explanation for SS's time travel There are elements of a time loop throughout the game: - Old Impa has the bracelet from the start of the game that Zelda gives to Young Impa at the end of the game. - There is a Zelda sealed in the temple from the start of the game, even though current Zelda hasn't gone back in time to seal herself yet. - There is some evidence of past events being known before the game starts: Skyloft has a legend about the goddess giving her chosen knight…

• The Big Theory Q&A

There are things that are designed as part of the world but can't actually be seen. For example, Malo's shop in Twilight Princess has a whole second floor with a bed that Malo presumably sleeps in, but which can't actually be seen. Zant still has his actual head when he's wearing his mask, and the Zoras with helmets have Zora faces underneath, so maybe the Gerudo heads represent the developer's ideas that there really are Gerudo under all that armor. But of course, there's stuff that's off-scree…

• Quote from Nitro Indigo: “Also, in ExoParadigmGamer's review of Skyward Sword, he asks that if the sealing pit is shaped to fit the Isle of the Goddess, it clearly means that Hylia planned to kill Demise that way, so why didn't she do it sooner? ” The sealing pit is shaped to fit the Isle of the Goddess because it was formed when Hylia raised the Isle of the Goddess out of the ground and into the sky. If lowering the statue again were sufficient to kill Demise, I think she would have done it a l…

• Mod note: I've removed the side-discussion about a certain former member because it was off-topic and a bit rude (especially considering that she isn't here to defend herself).

• Zelda Headcanons

That would certainly help to explain why Daphnes told Tetra that her name had to be Zelda since she's a princess now. Here's a head canon to add to that one: Tetra and Link, and their successors in New Hyrule, didn't fully understand the tradition, so ST Zelda is just named Zelda. Actually, that gives me another idea. Tetra rejected the name Zelda because she rejected the lifestyle of a princess, choosing to live as a pirate captain instead. So, for a descendant of hers to be named Zelda isn't j…

• Wait, autopick doesn't optimize your stats?

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

A couple of observations from Master Works Creating a Champion. - The Sheikah being forced to abandon their technology apparently happened 10,000 years ago, which places it surprising close to the First Calamity. I figured it would have happened well after that, when people forgot how useful the tech was, but perhaps it was actually a reaction to just how destructive the Divine Beasts were during that battle. (Again, Hebra Peak comes to mind.) - Even more interesting, Kakariko was founded as a h…

• I enjoy it both ways. Creating the scenarios yourself is great fun, but sometimes it's nice to have someone else create it and then say "Oh, that's a clever way to do it." Plus, spirit battles have access to things that we don't, like tweaking the enemy AI to favor certain moves.

• @Guinea It's okay, but just by virtue of being a 2D platformer with separate stages, it's not as unique as the main Pikmin games. If you temper your expectations, you'll enjoy it. So, I tried out Ganondorf. I like the new/old/updated design and I like using the sword in smash attacks, but the loss of custom moves has never been more annoying, particularly Wizard's Dropkick and Dark Fists. I would mind a Warlock Blade, either, though I'm still fond of Warlock Punch.

• Having finally gotten my hands on the game, although only for a little bit, I have already reached the conclusion that World of Light is much more interesting if you fight around the hazards instead of using spirits to counteract them. I've been playing with Olimar using a jetpack, since he has one in Hey, Pikmin, and a Lip's Stick, which I like to think implanting bulbmin parasites in people's brains. (Pikmin lore gets dark at times), and in a more practical sense, amplifies Olimar's habit of d…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from AllStarNemesis: “Now accepting headcanons for: What became of the Mogmas from the SS era. Where did Impa and the rest of the Sheikah tribe live on the Surface after Hylia created Skyloft. When do you think the Gerudo came to occupy Lanaryu desert area. ” 1. As Hyrule became more civilized and there were fewer ruins around, their treasure-hunting ways became less profitable. Some of them turned to banditry in MC, and by OoT, they had all either moved to distant lands or died out. 2. No…

• Zelda Headcanons

Pending headcanon: Bugs have healing powers because they eat mushrooms.

• Gerudo town children (BoTW)

@AllStarNemesis Slight correction: that beggar in Castle Town and Kakariko also has red hair.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from Mango The Magician: “yeah that's the issue but Faron is the only Water Dragon Zelda really has and it's all in such a close proximnity of Lake Floria and the Spring of Courage that I feel like it would have to be Faron, plus the nature of how the Zonai view the Triforce in such a primitive and tribal way doesn't make sense in any time period in which the Hylian Royal Family would be present and prominent. Thus placing them after SS but before the sealing of the Sacred Realm and the wa…

• The Big Theory Q&A

@Mango The Magician The dragon head at the Spring of Courage doesn't resemble Faron, so I think it's more likely a different dragon entirely, from a/the generation between Faron and Farosh. It's possible that Faron changed her appearance or that the statue isn't entirely accurate, it just seems less likely. What's the connection with Sheikah and frogs?

• Zelda Headcanons

My headcanon is that Koume and Kotake were heavily involved in turning the new Ganondorf to the dark side, much like they did with the first one. Some time after FSA, they probably attempt to unseal him, too.

• @FroyoClaus That is very interesting. I never thought to interpret "left this world" that way. edit: Okay, part of the idea it's interesting is that I've speculated before that reincarnation, or at least a certain sort of reincarnation are limited to gods and god-like beings (Hylia, TP Ganondorf) being reincarnated in weaker mortal bodies (SS Zelda, FSA Ganondorf), so the Goddesses doing some kind of creation-suicide-reincarnation plan to live as mortals in a world of their own making would fit …

• Quote from Happy Person: “There's a weird property in OoT. If you start shopping down Stalchildren left and right, a bigger Stalchild will spawn. The same is true of the birds you can kill at Lon Lon Ranch. It's like... Stalchild Fusion or something. If you put enough Stalchild blood on the ground, the molecules all fuse together and make a giant Stalchild. ” I didn't know about the birds at Lon Lon Ranch. In exchange for that knowledge, I'll tell that it's also true of Leevers in the desert. It…

• Gerudo town children (BoTW)

I guess it's possible that the tradition still exists, and for one reason or another, they haven't had a male Gerudo who could take the throne since OoT, but if you haven't acted on a tradition in 10,000 years, I'm not sure it counts.