Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 81-120 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I was Morpheel Man from 2008 until March 2009. Except I wasn't particularly active then, so pretty much only the original podcast staff knows that username; I used to bug them about when the next episode would be released.

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

EzloSpirit - - Community Central

In case you feared that we died, let me assure you that the second episode of the reboot is still under construction. Post-production has been running into some trouble, as we're still getting used to the rhythm of production, but it's almost done!

• Heroes in Another Dimension is absolutely brutal. Like, Story Mode was kind of a joke. But this is ruthless. Why. I love it.

• Hello there.

EzloSpirit - - Newbie Central

Welcome to ZU, Rose! I'm EzloSpirit (most people just call me Ezlo even though I'm not a hat), and I'm the lead moderator of the Creative Corner board (and I run ZU's podcast, but that's not relevant here lol). That's where you can find tons of literary, digital, and fine art (and more!) on ZU, and if you have art to share, we'd love to see it! If you have any questions about how things work around here, you can ask me, and I'm sure @TruEdge67 would also be willing to help in a flash. Or feel fr…

• Annym

EzloSpirit - - Characters & Resources

Name: Annym Age: Ageless Apparent Age: about 40 years old Sex: N/A (has no sex or gender; prefers a set of third-person pronouns picked up on a genderless civilization: "uyk" [subject/object] / "ym" [possessive]) Race: Fabricwalker (Hidden Content) Height: 6'9" Weight: about 220 pounds Eye Color: silver Hair Color/Style: long, flowing, and white Skin Color/Complexion: icy pale Appearance: very tall humanoid of ambiguous gender; slender build; icy-white skin free of blemishes; long, black coat li…

• Quote from Keyaki: “Quick question: What's metadata and why is it so coveted? ” Metadata in the context of audio files is the information embedded in them that specifies things like the song title, artist, album, etc. Having appropriate metadata isn't necessary for accessing and enjoying the audio, but it allows the user to identify/find it far more easily. Imagine having a 211-track album on your computer that has no metadata. You would have a hard time knowing what track you are listening to u…

• Aww, shucks. Thanks! Happy to help!

• So I got a record low number of submissions for the November writing contest—zero—and unfortunately, we can't enter the voting phase when there's nothing to vote for. We're going to try something new next month: instead of a super-broad, one-word theme, we're going to have a writing prompt. Hopefully, prospective entrants will find this much more accessible.

• Alas, this contest is over, having been left dead in the water with no entries submitted. Look out for a new contest thread next weekend!

• I just finished my first playthrough of the game Oxenfree, a narrative supernatural thriller game. If you like Life is Strange, you might like this game. It's like LiS but shorter and creepier and generally less stressful lol. It's got multiple endings, too. It really nails the direct-to-video 90s B-movie feel better than some actual direct-to-video 90s B-movies.

• Today is the last day to enter the contest. I don't have any entries yet, so I might have to let this contest die. Next month, we're going to try implementing a writing prompt instead of a really broad theme. That might be easier for people to work with.

• Hope everything went well, Realm! I had a pretty lovely evening/night with my entire immediate family. Except they kept forgetting, remembering, and forgetting my new name. And saying, "he." And my mom is still super-awkward about it, using "they" as a second-person pronoun in an attempt to make light of it. My brother was the best, though, as sometimes my mom would use my deadname, and he'd interrupt her with, "Who?". It was gratifying. But all three of them kept forgetting to some degree. Earl…

• So pumped for Wave 3. I have a countdown timer on my phone.

• ZU's Gallery of Pets

Ket goes rawr. 00019-IMG-00019-BURST20181122001824.jpg

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

...For example, I really need an Assistant Producer to help me out with whip-cracking oversight of...everything. That's not the only position available, but it's the one I, personally, most desperately need someone to fill. Here's the role description from the listings we had up in August: Quote: “Assistant Producer (1) You must already be either a member of the Zelda Universe staff or an active member of the ZU Forums in order to qualify for this position. The Assistant Producer is responsible,…

• ^That is invaluable feedback, so thanks, Ruki. And I know you're not the first person to express frustration with the current theme system. So I'm thinking we'll experiment with a more specific prompt next month. Anyway, for those of you who still want to give the current theme of "whimsy" a go, note that entries are due in one week. I haven't gotten any yet.

• Sorry that you think a 4-and-a-half minute podcast segment is a "waste of time." :/ It's just a parody of OoT that's modernized. Nothing too serious.

• The Legend of Zelda: Electric Guitar of Time (a.k.a. The Legend of Zelda: Modern Warfare) (originally aired as part of the November 2009 episode of the ZUCast) Can I has award for Best Zelda Idea? Thanks. (I 100% have no shame about this podcast segment. I may have been 14 when I wrote it and had a terrible cold when I recorded it, but it's still magnificent.)

• When I was 8, I caught Regirock with a Poké Ball in Ruby Version. And when I was 12, I caught Dialga in Diamond Version with a Quick Ball on the second turn (so basically a Poké Ball) after using Super Fang. The latter is probably more impressive, since that was my first attempt to catch the Doctor Dialga. I fully realize that that boiled down to sheer luck, not skill, but it was still awesome, especially after doing nothing for about 5 minutes after the battle started, just listening to what re…

• Whatcha want *right now*

EzloSpirit - - General Chit-Chat

I want Nebby cuddles. With some Togepi cuddles mixed in.

• Who’s Your Avatar?

Nebby got out of the bag.

• The Creative Corner is here! We'd love to see more of these Minecraft pixelart creations! Let me know if you have any questions!

• Quote from GamerKitty205: “Does anyone have any tips on making book titles that don't sound super lame? ” Along the lines of @Ruki's question, perhaps you could pick a theme or symbol from the book and then look for cool-sounding synonyms in a thesaurus (or if you're feeling modern, Thesaurus.com).

• Whatcha want *right now*

I could be someone's pen pal lol. Right now, I want a massage. 10 minutes ago, I finished 5 minutes of yoga, and my muscles hate me.

• I'm too lazy right now to retype this story, so have this paragraph that I wrote when I was 12: Quote from EzloSpirit: “I used to belong to Pokemon Online, a Pokémon forum, but (no, I was not banned!) for some reason, the site doesn't work anymore! That was months ago. Only two or three days ago, I was searching for a Zelda podcast online. I stumbled upon ZCast, subscribed to it, and began to listen. I was bummed that it wasn't about Zelda, but about Zelda Universe! But I listened on, and found …

• Two weeks remain for submissions! I haven't received any yet!

• I can confirm that the podcast feed on the U.S. version of Apple Podcasts finally includes the first episode instead of a test upload of one of my segments from 9 years ago—blame Cody for that choice—so if you haven't yet checked out the first episode of our ZUCast reboot, you can now get it on your iPhone with ease! EDIT: Have a link lol. The next episode is coming out by the end of next week, and fans of the original incarnation will be very pleased by a special surprise that we have in store.…

• Be aware that Nintendo's definition of "DLC" is incredibly broad---see the fine print on ads for updates to games like Splatoon 2; it includes free updates that add small, cross-promotional items like the Poltergust 5000 as weapons---which would be kind of awesome lol. This also sounds like a vaguely hopeful statement from Furukawa-san, at least the way I'm reading it. I doubt he's consulted with Aonuma-san, who is ultimately in charge of planning new content for a Zelda game, and he already con…

• General Advice

This evening, I attended a Q&A session with Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first woman of color on the U.S. Olympic Fencing Team and the first U.S. Olympian to compete in hijab. (This is the most famous people I've ever seen in person in 5 days lol.) Her story is incredible, and she was extremely open about the struggles she faced as a top-level athlete, particularly given her minority status. Ibtihaj's advice for standing up to prejudice is: be yourself. Being yourself is important; prove to yourself an…

• I have Temple of the Ocean King Stockholm syndrome. I used to hate it, but going through it again a couple times over the next several years after beating the game has led me to appreciate it. It's truly the ultimate final dungeon. (That was redundant lol.) I like how the designers sprinkled shortcuts that require items you didn't have access to the first time you passed through any given floor. Also, the whole thing becomes much easier once you have the Phantom Sword. Granted, that's only the l…

• I used to think (or at least liked to think) that all bathrooms (restrooms, locker rooms, outhouses, loos, los baños) were physically located on a different planet called Bathroom World. Small bathrooms without a bathtubs were called "countries," small bathrooms with bathtubs were "mini-continents," large bathrooms like those in public places were "continents," and large locker rooms or rest stop bathrooms with several sections were "supercontinents." When we stepped through a door to a bathroom…

• But we're a family-friendly community, so...

• Hi, roleplayers! Your thing is pretty much writing, right? Well, over in the Creative Corner, we hold monthly writing contests, and we need more people to get involved. Feel free to write an original piece based on your character(s)! Just make sure it fits the theme of "Whimsy," and you're golden! (And if your character is made of solid gold, then you are doubly golden.) Info for this month's contest is here! I have no shame!

• New Writing Contest! Turnout was low last month, and we all (including you) would like it if more people participated, either by submitting entries, voting, or both!

• New Writing Contest! We're going to promote this thing like we promote beneficial health practices: everywhere, including above your sink!

• Zelda Universe's November 2018 Writing Contest: "Whimsy" (Apologies for the violently bad pun in the thread title.) Anyway, let's try this "ZU Writing Contest" thing again, shall we? Last month's saw low turnout all around, so we're going to be promoting the living bejeezus out of this! Whimsy is the theme this time around, courtesy of last month's winner, @GregariousTree! It's nice to have a theme finally that doesn't immediately induce a sense of gloom and doom. In case you aren't sure what "w…

• Does anyone here know about GameCube Memory Card architecture? My friend damaged one of his MadCatz memory cards some months ago and wants to know whether or not the data is retrievable by any means. Here's a photo of the board outside of the case: (Hidden Content) In particular, the damage appears primarily to have affected that orange piece on the right side of the board. I'm a computer technician, not a computer engineer, so I have very little idea of what that piece is; my purview doesn't ty…

• General Advice

I attended a talk given by one of the Hiroshima Maidens today, and her perspective on the world shot straight through my heart. Her advice boils down to this (simplistically speaking): To create peace and prevent wars, we must all show each other love. Smile at people you pass by. Say hello. Don't dismiss strangers entirely. Reach out to them, even for a moment, for doing so creates more love in the world.

• Quote from TruEdge67: “giphy.gif ” STOP IT DON'T DO THAT TO ME I DON'T DESERVE IT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• I can't adopt either of you. Each of you has a little bit over 100 posts already, and neither of you is dysfunctional enough.