Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 961-1,000 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I took an acting class for three years in a row, but I've only ever been in camp plays since then (with mostly leading roles), so last year I decided enough was enough. I was going to take matters into my own hands. I was going to release my skillz...in a web-based video series! So I got a Flip camera. Actually, I had no idea I was going to be making a web series until the first episode was nearly finished. But it just finished its second season almost two weeks ago, so yeah. It's called Pokémon…

• Remakes

EzloSpirit - - Modern Zelda

Quote from 1984: “NO MORE REMAKES. Another, well-crafted, solid, excellent game please. NO MORE REMAKES.” This. I shall preach again, for the upteenth time: Zelda is not a series that is remake-worthy. This does not mean that Zelda is not good; if it wasn't I wouldn't be here right now. It just means that Zelda games are so big, and the way they are designed just doesn't offer much for a remake except improved graphics and different puzzles (and maybe an extra post-game dungeon). The story can't…

• I'd rather this place stay as far away from Facebook as possible. I'm sad ZU has a page, too. Facebook is evil. ZU is the only major social networking I do, and I want it to be completely independent of full-blown social networking, even if it would be optional.

• The Writer's Pad!

EzloSpirit - - Creative Corner

^Well, if there are any Zelda (or any other franchise) characters or settings or anything like that, it's a fan fiction. If not, than it's an original. I'm not sure if you are implying that you are looking to compile your stories into one thread. If this is the case, you could either make two different threads one with fanfics and the other with originals, or you could make one single thread that is not labeled either. I don't think Veyrael or Fairess would mind if you don't put a prefix on a co…

• Quote from LoZFan1: “To: Liah; Margar; Hombre De Mundo; Aniday; Avalanche Mike; Rosco Roads; EzloSpirits; Humolis; Nate & Jason;” Apparently there is more than one EzloSpirit now. I'd like to meet this other guy. Quote: “Question 1. Do any of you listen to any other Zelda Based Podcast, & if you do what do you think of them. The reason I'm asking is because I recently heard another Zelda based podcast & they brought up alot of Zelda Topics your podcast mentions.” No. I don't need to listen to mo…

• Why am I the one who never has problems playing podcasts on my iPod and on iTunes? Your computers must all be cursed. These problems tend to be related to how the file is put into the feed, but if I'm not having a problem, that can't be it. Weird.

• ZU Ventrilo Channel?

EzloSpirit - - Help and Feedback

I agree with LoH31 here. Many groups on ZU (i.e. at least two of the three Clans, the ZUBC, etc.) use Skype already, and I know that at least the Farore and Nayru Clans each have their own Skype chat groups set up. These are quite active a bunch of the time, and there doesn't seem to be an apparent reason to switch chat clients at this point. But hey, at least we have people thinking of ways (even if they've already been thought of and executed) to extend the community even further than IRC and …

• ^Yes. That's the point. It's not supposed to be funny (although in the next one, I am a tad bit sillier a couple times, unintentionally).

• ZU Freezes?

^No problem. I do want to say that, while I'm never up past 1:30-2 AM, I have been on ZU after 1 AM before, and I don't recall ZU ever being completely inaccessible, at least not for more than 5 minutes. Just slow.

• ZU Freezes?

That is around when the system updates itself.

• Basically any writing (fiction, non-fiction essay or article, fan fiction, original, you name it) is allowed in the Writing forum. Just be aware that your writing piece must be at least 250 words if you want to post it in its own thread. Or else, just post it in the Short Works/Drabbles thread, which is stickied in the Writing forum.

• Like I said, I'm bored of Profiles, so if I do go back to it, it won't be for a few months. Besides, I got more complaints than praise for that segment (people either were completely obsessed with Profiles or they refused to listen to it), so I decided it was best to switch it up. While I know that yes, there were a bunch of people who loved Profiles, I've been getting tons of positive feedback for this new segment after only the first one, so I think I'll stick with this for a while! But I migh…

• I'll miss you...

EzloSpirit - - General Zelda

I haven't played LA, so I can't count Marin, but out of the other three, the ending of TWW was the most emotional for me. This is likely partially due to how much longer the scene was compared to Midna's and Navi's final scenes, but it is definitely partially due to the music played in the scene. The first few times I heard that song, I cried. And that was quite possibly the second song ever to make me cry (the first being "The Time Has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)" from Pokemon). Which is why Daphn…

• The Writer's Pad!

Hey, fellow writers and other reading visitors! I just wanted to point out that I have posted the first chapter of my newest project, a novel titled The Current, which is a dark sci-fi/adventure tale based on a literal interpretation of the lyrics of the Blue Man Group song of the same name. I will be alternating writing/posting chapters of The Current and my Code Lyoko: Virtualization fan fiction. I also want to say that, like pretty much all of us writers here, I would greatly appreciate any f…

• [Sf] The Current (M)

It's finally here: my next big (non-fanfic) project! Not only that, but finally a one that's crude, rude, and awesome! The Current is a science fiction novel that is a literal interpretation of the Blue Man Group song of the same name. It is at once a comedy, a sci-fi, an adventure, a mystery, and a dark tale. This is the biggest project that I have undertaken besides the Spirit World Saga, which I've barely started. The novel takes place on (and in) Earth 107 years after the human race evacuate…

• Quote from Aniday: “You can subscribe on ZU's iTunes page. And then within your Podcast tab in iTunes you can click the "Get All" button to download all the ZUcast episodes. Shown here: i35enb.png” Unfortunately, this still only downloads the first 25 podcasts. I was thinking that this may have something to do with the RSS feed (is it syndicated through Feedburner?), but if it's an iTunes thing, then my list is basically the only consolidated list of all of the podcasts. In that case, perhaps it…

• The Writer's Pad!

I'm really not a poetry person; quite the opposite, in fact. However, on the very rare occasion that I do decide to read a poem or two, I very much prefer to read poems with titles. This could be my being used to reading stories and the like, which almost always have titles, but even so, I like to have a little hint about what I'm about to read. No matter how vague. However, titles (good ones, at least) can be very difficult to come up with, even for writers of prose, so it's understandable that…

• Friends

EzloSpirit - - General Chit-Chat

On a more serious note amongst this intense frenemy chaos, my friends on ZU are Fcgfyv (EGGEH!!!!!, whose username is a nickname I made up for the Pokemon Togepi), Leafy Greens (actually he was my friend before ZU, and he lives three minutes away from me), and some ZUBC peoples to a lesser degree (like I don't see them outside ZU or talk with them very often outside ZU), like Liah and Margar. Then there's my Pokemon podcast staff, which is made up of almost all ZU people (KingMudkip, Fcgfyv, Noa…

• Username Changes

Quote from Avalanchemike: “Honestly, people change their names too much as it is.” Quote from Xeno: “Just think of it as real life. No one is going to know who you are if you're changing your name all the damn time.” Exactly. I get really confused when people on my contacts list change their names. Every single time, I think that somebody had automatically added me as their friend or something. It's very disorienting. But the real problem is that it's not limited to the contacts list. I was conf…

• HELP!

EzloSpirit - - Modern Zelda

As other people have been saying, too, I believe ST to be better than PH, but I personally like to play things in order, so I'd say get both but play PH first. There are some blatant references to PH in ST, so ST will be more meaningful if you play PH first.

• The Writer's Pad!

If I remember correctly, there was only ever one pair of featured writers. I think it was meant as a stand-in for the Showcase during the Writing School overhaul. So when the overhaul was complete, the Museaum took its place. However, while the featured artist thing (on the main site) has died out for the most thing, I'm still interested in having a featured writer thing, at least on the forums.

• I'd say change it so clicking on the friend links in the User CP neither opens a new tab nor opens a new window. In other words, it opens the link in the same tab of the same window. While I've gotten used to it opening a new tab, almost every time I do so, I forget it opened another tab, so I continue browsing ZU (and even beyond), and the original tab with the User CP open is still there. It's just annoying. And doesn't make me feel hood about my memory! All this said, if it isn't changed, I w…

• I'm listening to the roundtable right now. Only a few minutes in, but I couldn't resist mentioning that my first Zelda game, ALttP, "didn't do it for me" (it was way too hard, especially since I was only seven or so and was only good at Pokémon). My second game, Twilight Princess, was amazing and made me a fan. See, Hombre? Now you've met someone who wasn't impressed (at least originally) by his first Zelda game but impressed by the second! Anyway, I'm probably going to write a full-ish review o…

• I didn't read this yet. If you could break it into MUCH smaller paragraphs (especially grammatically correct ones), I'll gladly do so!

• So I finally listened to the 'cast after getting my iPod back today. It was one of the funnier ones overall. Mattocks was quite possibly at his best that I have ever heard from him (and he's been getting really good lately in general). He did talk a little too quickly, though, causing him to stumble and/or mess up words quite often. Having a script doesn't necessarily make it safer to go quickly! I wish Lars could have been on, but stuff happens. The whole Radek segment was way too short for wha…

• The Writer's Pad!

This must be contagious because I, too, have been unmotivated to write in the past few weeks. However, seeing the rising number of originals here has re-sparked my enthusiasm, and I'm actually splitting my writing time between my Lyoko fanfic and a new original project called The Current, which is inspired by the lyrics of a Blue Man Group song of the same name. It's science fiction, of course, which makes up at least half of what I write. I'm going to be starting the first chapter in a few minu…

• That was YOU?! Cool! Ah, I love discovering who everyone used to be. I was originally Morpheel Man, but I switched to EzloSpirit pretty much right after I became really active 13 months later, so really only some of the ZUBC veterans ever knew of Morpheel Man, and only because I pestered them in the beginning about the next podcast.

• ^Thanks, man! Again! (Isn't it nice to have a Clan community thread and the forum community thread?)

• Thanks for the birthday title thing, CC mods! It means good stuff to me!

• Yikes! The file isn't in the directory or anything! Thanks for bringing this up, Sync! If only I could do something about it. ANIDAY! CODY! SOMEBODY! Fix this. Please. Thanks. Cool. If it isn't fixed in a few days, feel free to PM me. I can upload my copy to MediaFire and send you the link.

• All of you are my best friends. Or something. While I haven't been around that long (joined 3 years and 2 days ago, didn't become active until March 2009), the past 2-3 years have been the best Internet years of my life. Long live the ZU ("zoo," because we're all animals here. Wow, that actually works. Scary.)!

• Email Notifications

Have you disabled email notifications for all of your subscribed threads? I'm almost certain it's by the thread.

• EDIT: I hadn't realized that I've had the original (archive) version of "Goron City" as part of the full OoT album for the past year since I got it. If you've already downloaded the playlist, be aware that the version of "Goron City" that is included, which is the final release version, is not officially part of the playlist, as I think that the final release version screwed up the song and would probably be in my 36 worst ZREO songs list. I have edited the list since I realized this (including …

• Minecraft Sub Forum!

Quote from Xeno: “Actually, Minecraft isn't the most active thread in General Gaming. The Pokemon thread is. It's twice to three times as active as the Minecraft thread. There's been about 9 iterations of the Pokemon thread, whereas Minecraft has had about 3. There's around 50 Pokemon games, whereas Minecraft has only 1 (as far as I know). A game who's popularity has only been notable since September of last year, coupled with the aforementioned arguments, doesn't seem much deserving of its enti…

• Chapter 3: Break Dance Kadic Academy, Sceaux, France “Uh, uh, uh, uh!” Odd sang, music blasting out of his headphones. “Yeah, break, break, breakdance! Break, break, breakdance! Break, break, breakdance! Breakdance!” “Odd, will you cut it out?” Ulrich snapped. “I’m trying to study for that math test we have tomorrow.” “Break, break, breakdance!” Odd continued to sing. Ulrich, who had been sitting on the edge of his bed, put his math book down, stood up, walked over to Odd, grabbed the headphones…

• The Fountain of Ideas

Quote from Sakume: “I used to love that show when it aired. Great theme song. I'll happily look it over (that's often the problem with fanfiction, you need someone who kinda knows what the show's about before they can criticize correctly and such.)” So did I! (I still love it, though.) Veyrael posted some feedback already, but your feedback is perfectly welcome, as well! In fact, if you're remotely interested, I'd appreciate you doing so. One of Vey's comments actually praised my fanfic for bein…

• ^Thank you so much for giving me some feedback! I'm really glad you're pleased by my writing as if the reader has not seen the show yet; I did not do this intentionally, as I felt it was necessary anyway. I never even noticed how most fan fictions assume the reader knows everything already until you mentioned that; maybe that's one of the reasons why I'm not much of a "fan fiction fan." I did not intend on mentioning any given character's full name more than once, and if I did (too lazy to look …

• ^Exactly. This question's been asked before.

• ^In ZU Writing Contests, the theme is up for interpretation. You can essentially make a story about whatever you believe would fit within the theme of "friendship." If you think that romance fits the theme, then by all means go ahead. (If I am wrong, anybody can feel free to correct me.)

• Like Button Feedback!

^I do, and I understand. But I'm an angry person who likes things not to be so simple and stuff. Don't mind me.