Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 70.
  • Wall Notifications Issue

AndroidOS - - Help and Feedback

I believe this is by design rather than a bug; wall comments were never really designed with conversations between multiple people in mind, instead being a way for people to comment on "status updates", or a quick way to contact another member. We could look into it and see if there is any way we could implement such a feature, but I couldn't promise anything until we have had a proper look into it.

• Emoji support

As you have probably noticed, the forums have been running slowly over the past day. Unfortunately we've had to remove our emoji support for the time being, as we believe that may have been causing the issue. Bear with us while we investigate the issue some more and hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

• I don't know what you're talking about... Fixed the issue, I misplaced a setting. Sorry guys!

• Report site slowness here

Quote from Moechacho: “3:00am-3:06am EST, was attempting to access either the forum site home page, and or my profile. Both were slow when i attempted to click on either one. ” That's the time our backups are set to run, so that's the cause of that. Nothing to worry about. Thanks for the report though!

Hopefully this should be sorted now. Let me know if you keep on experiencing issues.

Let me know if it is any better know

Thanks for letting us know. I'll look into it and keep you updated.

• Help with Discord please.

Quote from Tead: “Hello everyone, I have to ask; does anyone know how to make it so that Discord does not start when Windows 10 does? I asked for help on Discord, though what I received there did not work. Sorry Froyo. Tead. ” Have you tried the following instructions? support.discordapp.com/hc/en-u…ble-auto-start-on-launch-

• Pokémon Direct June 6/17

AndroidOS - - General Gaming

I don't think we're going to get any "big" announcements - i.e. no Pokemon Stars, as it's a bit too early for that. Saying that though, I'm not really sure what to expect. I guess we'll find out in about 5 minutes.

• Yeah, sorry guys, I messed up. As you've noticed, it should be fixed now.

• Quote from Dr.Gazooks: “It seems to have worked on PC, I haven't checked my phone yet Is the blue and white UI design supposed to be there? and thanks again for the help! ” No, the blue and white design should have disappeared now. No worries!

• This should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience! Let me know if there are any remaining issues - if there aren't any I'll mark this as solved.

• Quote from Marita: “Hello. I want make a signature and I just found perfect image for that. But for some reason, it doesn't show up. All I can see is a small square. :/ ” We had some issues earlier on that might have been related to this. Could you try again for me? If not I'll look into it further.

• Quote from epicstar: “Is there a way to get rid of your attachments number? I don't know why I want to get rid of it, but I do. ” Do you mean the number it shows under your avatar? Unfortunately not.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Sylvr: “Quote from Dark Link Reigns: “Quote from Sylvr: “Quote from Castigear: “The WiiU looks like a toy. The Switch looks cooler. The Switch is more versatile than any game system has ever been. It's like if Sony had packed the PS3 AND Vita together, and then you only had to buy one set of games for it. EDIT: oops you said against the Switch. I don't have those. ” If you have none then you have not been looking very hard (or at all). ” If you know there are flaws, why do you need us…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “If power vs cost was to high right now but going to really be better in only like a year then Nintendo should have just wanted and had switch come out next year. ” And how would they make money this year? You realize how many employees/operating costs Nintendo has? They needed the Switch to come out this year. And it looks like it's pretty successful for them so I don't see the problem. ” While they could ha…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from MasterZSword: “Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future? I doubt Nintendo would do something like that but I mean think about it. The system is running at its peak already in terms of frame rate. Anything past breath of the wild and we can expect frame rate drops What about a year from now? What about the next Zelda? What if they make a metroid FPS game? Any game with good graphics and a lot of stuff going is going to have frame rate issues which is ridiculous and I think Nin…

• Quote from Galedeep: “FYI post search/archive/whatever is busted again. Only posts made since the server switch show up (and ones from like 2003 in my case, not sure if it's just "early" posts or whatever for everyone else). ” Yep, we're still rebuilding the search index; this is a lengthy process due to the number of posts on the forum.

Quote from Qoi: “Quote from AndroidOS: “Hi Qoi! Sorry about this - this is an issue leftover from our recent server move. I think I have just fixed it - can you check for me? ” Thank you! It has worked! ” Awesome! Marking this as solved.

Hi Qoi! Sorry about this - this is an issue leftover from our recent server move. I think I have just fixed it - can you check for me?

• Quote from Lucretia: “did jason sell his soul to the linux devil of coding or something? well done lol ” Wait, how do you know my real identity? It's meant to be a secret! In all seriousness, I'm happy you're all pleased with the new servers.

• Quote from Axius27: “So... I recently went over 2000 notifications on the notification page, which I decided was a good milestone. Today I looked at it, and the number's dropped. I'd guess around 130 notifications are missing. Any idea what happened there? ” The system will indeed delete old notifications.

• How did you first find ZU?

AndroidOS - - General Chit-Chat

I can't remember how I found ZU. I do know I lurked a lot (like, for years) until I joined. Now I just break things. Then try to fix them.

• Yeah, we've made changes to our email server recently, so they should be working. Saying that, let me know if you are still having issues.

• Quote from ClockTownResident: “Quote from Jason: “And now it's fixed for real! For those wondering, the issue was a change to the way Chrome renders flex-box elements beginning with Chrome 54. We use flex-box to make posts stretch to the height of the post's sidebar if the post is too short. It took us all this time to figure out the one line of code that needed to be added to make things work again. ” Unfortunately, on my computer, posts still overlap ” Have you tried clearing your cache?

• Quote from Double R: “Feeling wrecked, how do I write PMs to multiple ZUers when I am crashed as this?Quote from Double R: “I have a problem. Been trying for a hell 10+ hours to PM my friends in ZU to invite them to my Spotlight thread but ZU gave me ERROR 504 so many times and wiped-out that very PM I tried to compose and send, lastly I had to GIVE UP WRITING THE CONVERSATION because my entire browser crashed! Can anyone tell me why this happens? ” ” How many users are you trying to send a PM t…

• VM issues

I'll take a look into this.

• Quote from gutanoth: “Why is the forum layout so screwed up? Everyones signature is going crazy and overlapping every other object on the page. Literally unreadable! ” Take a look here. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

• What is happening here?

I believe this issue should be solved now - let me know if you notice it again.

• What is happening here?

There's definitely an issue here - thanks for letting us know. I'll look into it and let you know what I find.

• Quote from TheMorriganZW: “I've been encountering a strange amount of lag with the site as of late. And I don't know what's causing it. ” There was an unusually high amount of traffic earlier on which caused quite a bit of slowness. It seems to be better now, but if it happens again be sure to let us know.

• UK EU Referendum

AndroidOS - - Serious Discussion

There's also the results programme on TV (BBC 1/BBC News Channel) from around 22:00, or I think they're covering it on BBC Radio 4 or BBC Radio 5 Live. Personally I prefer the radio or TV programme - it means I don't have to constantly check a web page.

• Hello there!

AndroidOS - - Newbie Central

Welcome to ZU @Hylian Spectre - I hope you enjoy it here! I too am amazed by what we have seen of BotW so far, and I'm sure it's just going to get better as Nintendo release more footage as time goes on. It's certainly a good time to be a Zelda fan! I hope to see you around here.

• Thanks for reporting the error Hollowman! I'll look into it and let you know what I find.

• Favorite Zelda game

AndroidOS - - General Zelda

It might be too early to say, but based on this week it looks as though Breath of the Wild has the potential to take my top spot.

• Quote from Calypso: “wait, so are they showing more Zelda today or no? ” I don't think so. I think today's Treehouse stream is all about Pokemon GO, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I could be (and hope that I am - I want more Zelda!) wrong though!

• Quote from Kaylin: “Wait also: (Hidden Content) ” (Hidden Content)

• There's an app for that!

AndroidOS - - General Chit-Chat

The only sort of app I've ever heard of that is similar to what you want is Memento Database for Android - though I've never used it, nor do I think it is exactly the type of thing you are looking for. I think you're unlikely to find an app as powerful as, say, MS Access because there just isn't the audience for it (it'd also be really slow, and clunky ).

• Warm Greetings To You All :D

AndroidOS - - Newbie Central

Quote from Jedi Reach: “The Zelda series, particularly OoT (Yes, I'm one of 'those') was the game I literally grew up off of. For heck's sake I was even running like Link when I was a kid. I ain't shamed though! ” Don't worry - I'm one of 'those' people too! Ocarina of Time is still one of my favourite games of all time. I hope you enjoy it here!

• Should I Play TWW or TP

AndroidOS - - General Zelda

I'd go Wind Waker - as others have said, it's graphics have aged better and I gameplay more enjoyable. That being said, don't miss out on Twilight Princess - I'd definitely play it at some point. It's an awesome game in its own right - you'll especially enjoy it if you're looking for a "darker" Zelda game.