Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 880.
  • Quote from gamtos: “Your argument hinges on Link and Zelda having a falling-out, despite Link's entire character and past revolving around serving the Royal Family. Even then he'd have to keep the Sheikah Slate despite it being rightfully Zelda's. Even then, Zelda wouldn't be believed despite massive lasers shooting the castle from all corners of the land and the absolutely titanic Dark Beast Ganon being slain in an open meadow where she appeared in a blaze of golden light? ” Who exactly would h…

• Hyrule Conquest

Violetlight - - Creative Corner

It's amazing to see Mipha and Ruto together, and I don't care how "impossible" that might be in canon!

• Subbing. I love these randomizer runs! I forget, did you randomize the Skulltula tokens as well? Can't believe you got the Hookshot in the second box! You lucky bugger! Just a warning, there will be plenty of Blupees in your future.

• One thing I a lot of people are forgetting: Does this incarnation of Zelda want to be a Princess, now that she doesn't have to? I was a little vague in my answer before, but basically I'm writing a fan fic (and yes, I'm technically still writing it, slowly but surely), where Zelda and Link have a falling out after the ending cutscene. So Link would not be accompanying Zelda, neither in her visits to Kakariko and Hateno, nor in her later travels through Hyrule. A lot of other posters have stated …

• Looks like a kind of cool, if unpolished, fan remake. A word of advice, @'Typho20', you might want to add in some player commentary, and not skip through dialogue so quickly. Not many people want to just watch someone else playing, especially with a ... unique game like this.

• Click the link in my signature to see my take on what happens after BotW

• I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see a Pokemon Conquest II. It was one of the better Pokemon spin offs, and I'd love to see a sequel. Super Mario RPG 2 also goes without saying, and with Nintendo and Square Enix playing nice lately, it's not as completely impossible as it used to be. I'd also like to see a Super Princess Peach 2. The first was actually a really fun little platformer, and it's awesome whenever I get to see Peach as a playable character. Maybe in a sequel they coul…

• Quote from Castigear: “That’s a good point about the 100 years bit. it sort of feels like if you were to play only the second half of final fantasy vi. ” This is perhaps the perfect description of BotW. Imagine Final Fantasy VI without the World of Balance. No ghost train ride, no quest to discover Terra's family line, no fall of Doma, no Opera house scene, heck, no "son of a submariner!" pretty much none of the moments that made you care about its world, care about its characters. The whole the…

• Going to lock up this thread, since the last post before the immediate previous was 10 months ago. *Pushes ReDead thread back down into the grave where it belongs*

• Moved from Small Breath of the Wild Theories. The subsequent discussion became much more than "small".

• Come to think of it, the ceremony is a bit confusing in that all we know for sure BotW Link had achieved up to that point was drawing the sword. So saying he had "shown unflinching bravery and skill in the face of darkness and adversity" leads to questions. What has he done to show such skill besides pulling a sword out of a pedestal? Did he have to conquer 3 dungeons before being able to draw the sword like almost every Link before him? If so, why did no one ever mention it? It's like Nintendo …

• I personally don't see BotW Link and Zelda ending up together at all, for the same reasons as other posters - that they have no chemistry. They don't even seem to particularly like each other as friends, never mind anything else. Now Zelda's diaries and statements from Kass in-game indicate that Zelda may have had a thing for Link, but that seemed entirely one-sided. BotW Link doesn't seem to get excited or emotional over anything other than food, so it's honestly hard to see what his emotional …

• The Parenting Thread

Violetlight - - General Chit-Chat

So Arden has finally discovered that one kids' show that Mommy can't stand. I knew it was only a matter of time. He likes Teletubbies. Honestly, the purple one having a purse that everyone had a fit over in the 90s is the least weird thing about that show! Not sure if it should even count as a "children's" show, since some kind of drug was obviously involved in getting it out there. At least he still likes Sesame Street and Octonauts more than Teletubbies, so I can ease him away from the weird/a…

• I think "Whimsy" was just too vague a term for November's contest. It's hard to define, let alone write about. That's what prevented me from participating (that and I kind of forgot :P). I had an idea I ran by @Ruki, but I didn't think it really counted as "whimsical". But yeah, a more specific prompt might work better. It's worth a try at any rate.

• Mod Note: Stay on topic please! Don't make me get @Dark Miku Reigns in here!

• @Vulpes If you want Brooklyn Accents in a fantasy game, may I direct you to Azeroth's Goblins? youtube.com/watch?v=30xVyBMOh3A WoW also features Trolls with Jamaican accents, Russian Space Goat people (Draenei), and British werewolves. Not giving High Mountain Tauren (Minotaurs with Moose antlers instead of horns) stereotypical Canadian accents was a lost opportunity, IMO. Personally, I liked Zelda's semi-British accent. I just with they had a bit of consistency and had given King Rhoan a Britis…

• So the new She-Ra series is out now, and I'm loving it so far! I was wary at first, since I'm a fan of the orignal and I didn't want it to be yet another screwed up remake. However, I actually think this series has done most things better than the original 80s 20 minute toy commercial. I'm about 6 episodes in so far, and here's what I think of it. (Hidden Content) Honestly, as much as I love the original and always will, the only thing it did better than the new series was the delightfully 80s s…

• Detective Pikachu

Violetlight - - Entertainment

youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM I couldn't believe this was a real movie when my husband showed it to me ... Can't wait to see it! I feel like a kid again!!!

• According to ZU's own Wiki, the Gerudo text on all the Heroine statues (the main Seven, and the Eighth) all say "Seven Sages" on them. zelda.gamepedia.com/Gerudo_Typ…lations#East_Gerudo_Ruins If that's not a clear indication that the Heroines are Gerudo-ized representations of at least one group of Sages, I don't know what is. It may not have been the OoT Sages in particular, but it does reference the legend of the Sages in general.

• If they haven't directly stated they are making new DLC for BotW, I'm not getting my hopes up. It would be one thing if DLC was just console language for "expansion", which for PC games genuinely means a whole new experience and driving the game forward. Look at World of Warcraft - it will be celebrating its 14th anniversary in a few weeks. 14 years! How many other games have lasted so long?! BotW is an amazing scaffolding, and I totally think its world could be expanded upon greatly if Nintendo…

• Mod Note: Back on topic, everyone, please!

• I was just thinking that, @BackSet-Chan. Goku is a terrible father, but Piccolo makes up for it. In Dragonball Super, guess who Gohan and Videl's go-to babysitter is for Pan? I guess in fictionland you can have crappy parents, but as long as you have a good parental figure in your life, you'll be okay.

• @lord-of-shadow I was 3, the same age my son is now. What can I say? Toddlers think of weird things. I think just the fluttering motion of butterflies freaked me out. They are kind of chaotic.

• I did like seeing the Hero's Shade in TP, and thought an older incaranation of Link teaching a newer one was an interesting plot point. However, I have to agree with @PurpleandRed in that I feel bad that the Hero of Time died with regrets. He saved two worlds, one of which doesn't remember his deeds, and the other he had to leave. Is it too much to ask that his older self in the CT to have found some joy in life after his adventures? The Hero of Time is my favourite incarnation of Link. He was t…

• I'm treating any rumour of a Zelda Netflix series the same way I'm treating the on-again, off-again news of a Dark Crystal series. Until I actually see it in my Recommended For Me list, I'm not getting my hopes up. What I'm waiting for is Blue Planet II to be released on Netflix, and the new She-Ra series.

• When I was a kid, I was terrified of butterflies, and thought flowers were butterflies that weren't moving, and could come alive at any minute and flutter away on you. I was the flower girl at my Mom's wedding and refused to carry the flowers because of that. Now my son loves butterflies so much, he dressed up as one for Halloween. Ironic.

• I personally think that the way Nintendo usually handles romance in the series - with just hints of it with nothing definite comfirmed one way or the other in-game, is the best way to handle it. Give the shippers something to write about, while it's not affecting gameplay or the main plot in any significant way. I'm not a fan of the almost forced Link/Zelda romance in later games, either overt in SS or its more subtle, if one-sided version in BotW, though it has been fun to explore in my fanfic …

• Mod Note: As much as I love a good Doctor Who discussion, it really doesn't belong here. Please move it over to Entertainment, unless you think the next game's villains are the Daleks, and Link is now a Time Lord and must stop them from furthur screwing up the timeline You may now proceed with real Zelda villain discussions.

• Netflix's kids section just released like 2 or 3 new seasons of Octonauts. It's this cute little kids show that my husband describes as "somebody's toy box went on an undersea adventure", and kids learn about real animals. My son loves it, especially for the cute "Creature Report" song at the end of each episode, so we had a bit of a marathon over the weekend The new She Ra series has been postponed until November. I thought for sure it was supposed to come out in mid October. Oh well.

• I agree with @Evran_Speer. Having regional variation in the monsters made every zone more memorable, IMO. If OoT could do it on the N64, there really was no excuse except laziness for BotW using the same monsters everywhere. Bring back my Dodongoes on Death Mountain, Tektites near water, Deku Babas in forests, etc.

• Quote from lord-of-shadow: “A spinoff with adorable, inquisitive, baby warlock Ganny and all his roguish aunts and cousins? Sure, I'm in. ” And now I want to make this as a new alt in WoW, even though I already have a Warlock. What spec do you think Ganondorf would be? I think either Destruction or Affliction. Demonology is a little iffy, but still doable.

• Zelda II Appreciation Thread

Violetlight - - Classic Zelda

^ So would that mean the Zelda in the original is *not* a descendant of Hylia then? Or would she still count since she would (presumably) be a descendant of the Sleeping Zelda's brother, and woudl get her lineage through him.

• The last post in this thread before last Friday was in February, so I'm going to go and lock it. Don't want those ReDead getting loose. Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic though.

• Haven't been able to think of anything fitting the theme in the time given either, so I'm not participating in this one. Here's hoping there will be more entries before tomorrow! I am looking forward to reading them

• Hi Calab, welcome to the boards! Just so you know, we have a forum especially for discussing creative projects, the Creative Corner. I've taken the liberty of moving your thread there. Some other threads you may find helpful would be the forum rules, and Newbie Central. You can always PM me or any of the other forum mods for help as well. Welcome, and enjoy your time here!

• When you're disappointed you can't climb like Spider-Link in World of Warcraft (or insert any other open-world game here).

• The Parenting Thread

Violetlight - - General Chit-Chat

So after almost a year of waiting (I first contacted the local children's health services about an appointment back in November last year), we were finally able to have Arden see the developmental pediatrician. The doctor met with Arden for about two hours, and asked a lot of questions. He wants some imput from his daycare teachers and some videos from Arden's speech therapist before he makes his official diagnosis, but just from our one session, the doctor has basically confirmed what I already…

• Your Choice of 3

Violetlight - - Future Zelda

1. An immersive, but still open, non-linear story, with tons of lore details scattered around the world, and characters you really feel for, taking place in the *present* of the story. In Metroid Prime, you could scan almost anything and learn detailed, relevant lore aspects about the game, but this was completely optional for players who didn't care. Let's upgrade the Hyrule Compendium to be something like this. Let it scan NPCs as well as objects. So basically OoT's level of storytelling, with…

• I got bored of Master Mode once I was off the Great Plateau. Like Evran said, it was fun for early game, but after that, it didn't really add anything new. I wish the second DLC had been a new, post-game story, like everyone thought it was going to be before it came out.

• The only "crossover" I've written is the first chapter of a Muppet Show/Sesame Street crossover, but considering they are both Muppet franchises (or both were when they were both under Jim Henson) and have crossed over in the past in officially produced shows (Muppet Family Christmas is still awesome!), I'm not sure if it really count as a crossover. Basically, I think a crossover can work if the works in question share a common theme or plot element, and you can picture the crossover happen off…