Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Individual 1 was particularly erratic on Twitter today over all of this. More so than usual.

• The Nintendo Switch

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

I’m kind of the opposite in that the ridiculous amount of fan service and content is perhaps the only thing that keeps me interested in Smash, as otherwise I can’t for the life of me get into fighting games. Even with Smash, I’m only, at best, “not terrible” at it, so past the Nintendo love-letter aspects of it, it’s appeal wears thin for me.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Mirren: “Quote from Common Knowledge: “Eagerly awaiting Prime 4's reveal at the game awards this Thursday (it's been teased by several known insiders so it's almost certainly gonna be there). ” Oh? I hadn't heard that. Care to divulge? ” Several Resetera members who are known insiders with near-perfect track records have been teasing it both there and on Twitter, Emily Rogers among them. I'd link to the thread there talking about it but the site is going through a major upgrade and it…

• The Nintendo Switch

Eagerly awaiting Prime 4's reveal at the game awards this Thursday (it's been teased by several known insiders so it's almost certainly gonna be there). I hope they also announce the Trilogy in HD, much like they did with the Bayonetta double-announcement last year.

• So looks like the Senate race in Arizona now has Sinema in a slight lead. Also, the Florida Senate race is now in recount territory as unaccounted for votes are being found in Broward County and the like. Election Night will be continuing on for a little while longer it seems.

• Got my vote in in Florida just now after work. Man, I hope Gillum takes this. DeSantis is so goddamn insufferable.

• vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/mi…hen-trump-racist-language Quote: “During our conversation, Cohen recalled a discussion at Trump Tower, following the then-candidate’s return from a campaign rally during the 2016 election cycle. Cohen had watched the rally on TV and noticed that the crowd was largely caucasian. He offered this observation to his boss. “I told Trump that the rally looked vanilla on television. Trump responded, ‘That’s because black people are too stupid to vote for me.’” (The White …

• I know I said it already, but no trophies really, truly blows. Collecting and reading through their descriptions is one of my favorite parts of past Smash games. And I don't see an indication that the Spirits will have character history/descriptions attached to them. One of the biggest aspects of Smash is its celebration of Nintendo (well, mostly Nintendo) history, and not having those will definitely leave a hole in game that is otherwise the "Ultimate" entry.

• Quote from Creiddylad: “I mean if any Nintendo fans are going to buy DLC it'd probably be Fire Emblem fans considering how much we're willing to spend on a gatcha game. I do feel like the complaints about the amount of Fire Emblem characters are a bit overstated if only because it often looks past how historical and significant the series actually is. I mean I would still like there to be greater variety with the Fire Emblem reps we have, both from what games they're from and how they play, and …

• No trophies was the single biggest sting for me in that whole Direct. The Spirits stuff looks...meh. Probably won’t mess around with it too much. Sakurai’s entire hype strategy with Smash Bros. is just so weird. Way too front loaded. I mean, saving Ken and Incineroar as the final two reveals? On a smaller note, I really wanted new amiibo for redesigned Zelda and Ganondorf.

• The attempted smear campaign against Robert Mueller by Jacob Wohl today is one of the most hilariously inept attempts at a conspiracy I’ve seen. Read up on it if you want a good laugh. Currently backfiring immensely.

• Red Dead Redemption: 2

I can't believe they actually regressed in controls from GTAV. Everything just feels so goddamn mechanical and needlessly cumbersome. In a post BotW and Horizon:ZD world, I'm a lot less forgiving of poor animation and controls in open world games. Heck, I think even Witcher 3 actually felt better than this. Aside from that, the game is starting to open up now after the long tutorial opening so I'm excited to start exploring the world. I like the increased level of interaction with the environmen…

• I would accept Celica or the Black Knight for FE, even if the latter would just be an Ike echo. Other than those two though, that series is definitely represented-out until future games come out.

• Banjo-Kazooie would be pretty damn interesting though cause of all the implications of it. Such as with the N64 Classic or it opening the door for future BK games and whatnot.

• And he has pro-Trump stickers all over his van....what a surprise.

• Idk, that new leak today is looking pretty solid. They’ve confirmed the person’s company is indeed working with Nintendo for Smash. It’s a good list of characters so I hope it’s real. We’ll find out soon enough.

• Honestly its the Financial Review paper that sticks out like a sore thumb and makes the picture look dumb (as well as questioning the motives behind it). It'd be alright maybe if he was just reading like a car magazine and her the fashion one, cause then at least the tone would be consistent of a couple relaxing in bed and enjoying their interests, but shoving "super-serious, look-how-important this looks" newspaper into the guy's doesn't even fit in with what they picture seems to be going for.…

• The crowpac funding for Susan Collin's opponent is almost at 3 million now. It actually crashed during her speech yesterday due to high traffic.

• https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status Anybody who still supports Kavanaugh after this has absolutely zero dignity.

• We’re actually on a possible fourth accuser now. One thing that is always certain in these situations is it’s almost never just one victim. A person who engages in that sort of behavior once will very likely do it again. So it’s no surprise we’re getting more women coming forward against him.

• Quote from Jackos: “The writing of ZTD is definitely not on par with VLR and the story of the game is only redeemable to me because of the memes it spawned on the fanbase due to how many nonsensical or stupid twists and elements it pulls. ” The motives were clearly too complex for you to understand. But yeah, 999 and VLR are both phenomenal. 999's atmosphere and mood is killer while VLR is one of the most thought-provoking games I've ever played. Couldn't get that game out of my head for months …

• Dove into Shin Megami Tensei IV for the first time today. My first ever SMT game (unless you want to count Persona 5). I knew the game had a reputation for being brutal at the start, and well...yeah, that's certainly true haha. First hour or so was just me getting one-shotted every other battle. But once I got into the groove of the mechanics and got me some decent demon allies, I've noticed it's starting to get more manageable. I know there's a boss in the early stages that's like the pinnacle …

• The Nintendo Switch

Pikmin 4 is also a game that, while hasn't been officially revealed yet, was confirmed by Miyamoto a while back, so we may very well be seeing that one soon.

• The Nintendo Switch

I was hoping the U Deluxe would also include NSMBWii with it. It's a similar situation with DKTF and the lack of Returns with the Switch port. I just don't feel justified to getting those games alone when I already played them fairly recently. So I'll be skipping Deluxe most likely. I'm not against ports and remakes in general, though. And I get why they're bringing over Wii U ports especially. But ones that I'd actually be excited for are for older games like Mario Galaxy 1/2, Metroid Prime Tri…

• The Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing has been teased for tomorrow by some leakers with excellent track records, for what it's worth.

• https://www.washingtonpost.com Quote: “Cohn, a Wall Street veteran, tried to tamp down Trump’s strident nationalism regarding trade. According to Woodward, Cohn “stole a letter off Trump’s desk” that the president was intending to sign to formally withdraw the United States from a trade agreement with South Korea. Cohn later told an associate that he removed the letter to protect national security and that Trump did not notice that it was missing. ” This is our president, ladies and gentlemen. I…

• The good thing about DeSantis basing his entire campaign around his worship of Trump is that if Trump’s name and endorsement ends up being as toxic in elections as we’ve seen hints of in the special elections, DeSantis will not be able to untie himself from that.

• Quote from Pietro: “Quote from Zoran Hero: “McCain was a scumbag who helped push along the iraq war and decided the attempted healthcare repeal last year was a great way to get some extra attention and look like a hero by delaying his vote until the last minute. he supported almost all of trump's major policy positions but centrist dumbasses loved him because he would kind of grimace sometimes when he voted for the tax bill and for all trump's shitty cabinet nominations. the world is a better pl…

• It's something that I don't understand how the hell the whole "women don't really like sex" or "women hold the power to reward you or not reward you with sex" was ever a viable belief for anyone. Like, if that was really the case, isn't that, you know, kind of depressing as hell for everyone involved? I sure as heck don't want a woman having sex with me just because she feels obligated to because I ticked all the right boxes that activated her "grant sex" button. I want a woman to have sex with …

• Regarding permadeath, I really miss RD's save points. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the newer games don't allow you to actually save in the middle of battles on any of the modes/difficulties, correct? RD was great cause I didn't have to worry about one bad luck enemy critical ruining a good run. I wish they would bring back a save option/permanent death mode, while also allowing only suspend points in a separate mode if you're into that. Also, just recently started playing Echoes, and wow, it's r…

• @Baby Seal: Your "being rewarded" phrase was a poor choice of words, but, disregarding that, I think I understand what you were trying to say with that. "Toxic masculinity" is, by and large, a societal concept that encompasses how men are raised to behave a certain way that does a lot of harm to others, particularly women. Because it is something that is influenced by how we teach of and perceive what a "man" is, it makes sense that it's not entirely something perpetuated just by males. Women ca…

• I greatly look forward to more stories like Sarah Sanders getting denied at a restaurant or McConnell getting met with protests out in public. Some Democrats are saying its uncalled for but really, fuck that. I think we're just starting to see more instances like those, and I welcome that. These people shouldn't be able to walk out in public without feeling a bit uncomfortable or unwelcomed.

• The Nintendo Switch

The thing that irritates me the most about the online stuff is I just know we're likely to be waiting over a year before even getting an expanded library into SNES games, with Nintendo's infuriating drip-drip method they love to do with this stuff. And as for the systems after that...lol. See you guys in 2021. Maybe we'll get N64 games by then.

• As long as this one actually has a story with enough effort in it such that, you know, we actually know the name of the freakin' continent this time and the characters aren't just bouncing around the corners of the damn kingdoms for the locations of each battle with seemingly no rhyme or reason, I think we're at a good start.

• E3 2018: Nintendo Direct

That was...eh. Yeah Smash was good, but I’m not the biggest player of that. Besides FE, there was really nothing exciting. I don’t know what the hell Nintendo is thinking with no Mario Odyssey DLC.

• youtu.be/xtxJtQa6VSw A second RE2 trailer got released. This looks terrifying!

• Presentation wise, Microsoft had the best conference, I'd say so far. It's what I always want out of E3: just game after game. But I'm not too big on Microsoft exclusives and most of the games they showcased I'll be able to play on my PS4. Game-wise, Sony has the most I'm looking forward to, and Bethesda had a surprisingly good showing. Well see where Nintendo fits in all of this tomorrow.

• Glad Leon didn't suffer Chris's fate with the new game engine.

• I mean, this presentation is a cool idea, but it's not really a good fit for a couple hour conference. It's pretty much a fancier version of Nintendo Treehouse, but Nintendo also does a Direct beforehand and then does the Threehouse all day for a couple of days. This Sony one is just going to limit the amount of coverage of new games.

• They ended it on a good note. I just really wanted a Fallout 3 Remaster at the very least, or, even better, a 3 and NV compilation. It's 3's 10th anniversary this year and I thought for sure they would do it. Instead they celebrated...Fallout Shelter's anniversary.