Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 526.
  • Tri Force Heroes Colored Outfits

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

We can certainly try to grab them, but it might be tricky to get good shots of the red and blue Links.

• That is annoying, but for the sake of Search Engine Optimization, it's better to have redirects in place than nothing at all. We also weren't initially planning to give each weapon its own page. This might help though. I made a list of all the redirects to the Weapons listing. If you spot any there that you'd like to make, feel free. (Hidden Content)

• Hey folks. As you all know, Breath of the Wild is chock-full of Weapons, Bows, and Shields, and we need help making pages on all of them. To that end, I thought a sort of guideline would be helpful for people unsure how to start. Auspiciously, the format for Weapons, Bows, and Shields are all pretty much the same, so you don't need to learn any conflicting norms for how to approach them. You can practically copy+paste and replace choice details and people would be none the wiser. This page and t…

• Breath of the Wild Screenshots

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from gamtos: “If you're using pictures of promotional material and cutscenes, wouldn't equipping Link with only his Champion's Tunic, Hylian Trousers and Master Sword also work? This is his default look in cutscenes, and the Master Sword doesn't catch fire. Then again, could be considered a spoiler, and it's unnatural to the gameplay to depict Link in the wrong clothing for the area. ” I didn't say cutscenes, though. It's official gameplay footage (mostly trailers) and artwork that we base…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

I might say that an area cleared of enemies would be better than a screenshot with them, unless you happen to take the screenshot under the very careful and difficult condition of not scaling the enemies up whatsoever. (Keep in mind though, the other elements such as trees should be undisturbed.) I'm not aware of any cases where Link must ride a Horse, other than in minigames or in a certain battle. However, if there were to be a screenshot taken with the Horse, it would follow those conditions …

• Quote from Thal1989: “Any chance of a in-game screenshot? ” It's always a good idea to check Zelda Wiki. Unfortunately there's not much to the Cathedral post-Great Calamity. (Hidden Content)

• Quote from VitamLink92: “I am not sexist! ” Quote from VitamLink92: “feminazi ” Quote from VitamLink92: “ZeldaWiki is not an official source. ” Irrelevant. The specific portion I linked is a direct quote from the game, academically known as a citation, which means you can directly verify it yourself if you're so insistent on being obstinate. You'll find it as the first entry in the Quest log for "The Statue's Bargain".

• Quote from Foreigner55: “First: dude is a gender neutral term second: it's natural. ” As language doesn't exist in a vacuum, "dude" carries heavy male connotations in both contemporary and historical contexts, so it makes some non-male trans people uncomfortable. They certainly don't consider it neutral and wouldn't appreciate it being applied to them, despite what you may think of it or how you intend to use it. Quote from VitamLink92: “Where the gender confirmed for the spirit of this statue? …

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Everyone is welcome to contribute as long as the guidelines are followed. Overlap in work is pretty rare and people usually upload the images quickly after taking them, so that shouldn't be a major concern. If you're really worried about it, I'd recommend just sticking to one Region or sub-Region on the article linked in the original post. You'll notice fairly quickly whether people are covering the same content as you. Apart from that, if you announce your intent to cover something in this thre…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Here's a heads up that screenshots taken in Master Mode (unless specifically regarding Master Mode) aren't acceptable and will need to be replaced. The reason for this is because Master Mode adds a Triforce symbol on the bottom left of the screen, even in cutscenes. That should go without saying but we've noticed some people have been uploading Master Mode screenshots, so please remember to check what mode you're on before you take any shots.

• Your userpage can be deleted, but not your account.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Yep. There may be some outliers which need to be replaced, but the files that don't display are ones we need.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Canyarion: “My Hylian Trousers are dyed orange. But I'll see if I can get some suitable shots here and there, without Link. ” Awesome, thank you. The Hylian Trousers aren't that expensive to get a second pair: only 90 Rupees.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

(Hidden Content) (Hidden Content)

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Zelda Wiki is in need of quite a few screenshots to cover the massive game that is Breath of the Wild. If you're interested in grabbing some nice shots for this, I've prepared a tutorial to help you. But firstly, we need to establish what kind of shots are needed. Most of these are actually shots of locations themselves, which you can see here. In addition to that, I should mention that there is actually a set standard for what's appropriate in a shot, but the required conditions aren't that dif…

• After long deliberation among the staff with historical consideration of the quality, security and upkeep of the fan-game pages, it was decided that the best course of action would be to purge them from the Wiki and that further fan-game pages would be prohibited. I'm not personally familiar with this "Shadowgazer" project, but I can confirm that if the information was in an article about a fan-game, it has since been removed.

• If you're including liberals within context of "The Left™" you may get less clear answers as it's hard to reconcile capitalism and also be critical of and abolish the social functions it realizes solely for profit at the expense of the people who, in their work, created that profit. I should preface that sex workers deserve everyone's implicit support and that sex work itself is not inherently wrong. I personally feel that capitalism is inextricably antagonistic towards the pursuit of sex work a…

• I'm glad Milo's career is in flames right now, but to know that this is what was considered going too far is infuriating (but not surprising). Endangering and sexually harassing trans people? That's perfectly fine!

• It goes without saying that local antifascist organizations need as much support as possible in the face of Trump's sympathizers. Plenty of victims need legal, financial and social support.

• Things to Do

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Sorry if it wasn't clear. "Fire" in this context refers exclusively to the campfires, as that's what they're officially known as. It's confusing, but we do have to go by the official names. So nothing but these campfires should be covered in the article.

• Quote from Linkle: “Oops! I forgot I also asked @Tony . No response yet. ” Thank you for the consideration, I've really wanted to be in an AA Mafia (hearing so much about the last one). I'm afraid I have to decline though. I'm not really feeling up to playing Mafia after how badly my last game went. I'll be watching from the sidelines.

• Things to Do

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Thank you for doing that, it's very much appreciated. I'm sure we can work out any further issues via the Cooking Pot talk page. If you're interested in doing any more, you're welcome to work on any of the pages I linked on the Cooking Pot page. "Fire (Object)" is going to need location information much like the Cooking Pots. If you're familiar with the layout of the Great Plateau, perhaps you could add those?

• Zelda Wiki is Now Recruiting!

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Yep, email received.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

@ZeldaKnower2017 Please submit your application via email to the address listed here!

• Quote from Canyarion: “"Futabasha Guide artwork of a Fokkeru, which appears to be a misinterpretation of the monster's sprite" according to Zelda Wikia. ” Zelda Wiki ≠ Zelda Wikia I've worked very hard to make sure of that. ----- Fokkeru.png They do anatomically resemble the Fokkeru and the creators have been going back to the original titles for inspiration. Even if that were the case though, I'd doubt if they would actually use the name "Fokkeru" going forward. It would be up to unofficial the…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Are you passionate about The Legend of Zelda and want to share your knowledge of the series? Then consider helping out the internet's largest resource for information about all things Zelda. Anyone can edit, but we need experts to ensure that our articles are correct and meet certain quality standards. We are currently looking to expand our base of skilled editors and are especially looking for people with multiple talents, the primary skill being content writing. But content writing isn't all w…

• There's "normal" water near Shrine Oman Au (that is, water that isn't in a freezing location). There's a pool of water near the Temple of Time, and some scattered throughout the Great Plateau as well. I believe all water is going to lower Link's temperature, but swimming in regular water won't harm him that way. It's swimming in frigid water like at the Hylia River that will basically insta-kill him.

• Quote from Whimsical: “Why wouldn't there be underwater swimming? didn't we see Link dive underwater in the E3 trailer? I'm confused Oo ” He floats right back up to the surface. Swimming in the game sucks to be honest. It's based on your stamina and you have practically none starting out.

• Humans are neither "psychotic apes" nor "sheeps" and "wolves". These simplistic and dismissively elitist metaphors aren't helping. john_marston: This admits is the fault of capitalism's necessity to value and reward people by what they are capable of producing. Further by consequence, those who are unable to produce (or produce at the same level) are guaranteed a lesser quality of life for something they simply cannot help. It's disgusting, no other words for it.

• Quote from john_marston: “Only a dictatorship could prevent emigration. ” Emigration to a communist society would not be an unwelcome thing. Emigration from sounds unlikely as no safe and sound person would conceivably elect to adopt hierarchy and capital over free and fair access to resources and healthcare, a dramatic decrease in work hours, etc. That said, unless you follow authoritarian ideology, there's nothing tethering people to it so if it "doesn't work" for you, you're welcome to try to…

• Why does this ape anarchy have to be disorderly? Biggest stick sounds very capitalistic and hierarchical to me.

• Quote from Red Dingo: “It pretty much fails for the same reason the authoritarian does. ” Are you a proponent of moderate communism, then? Or do you just not agree with the humanitarian pursuits of the far left?

• Quote from Red Dingo: “It is now. Face it, history has forever associated that term with the disaster that was the Soviet Union. Stick with the term Marxist. ” To be honest I just want to see Leninist-Stalinists to adopt the term "alt-left" to package their ideology in a more friendly light. I would say that no person who has come to understand communism for what it is and how it relates to the Soviet Union would then turn around and continue to hold it in disdain so much as see the need to dist…

• Astonishing play, everyone. I made a bad move from the get-go and for personal reasons it went downhill from there. Despite my abysmal playing, we still won, so that's something. @Anomaly I didn't mean to imply your playstyle was poor, just that it seemed rather consistent with something I'd conjure up if I was lying. Turns out you had better sense than I did, so I'm glad Boxes didn't end up following.

• Quote from Anomaly: “Let's say I was Mafia. Tracking a Vanilla Townie claim N1 would be a safe bet. Tracking a fellow Mafia N2 would be a safe bet. Tracking an unclaimed boxes N3 would be pretty risky, unless I had the Role Cop to assure me she was vanilla. Lying about tracking the town cop on N4 would be downright stupid. ” This is operating under the pretense that you even are able to track, which I cannot affirm in good judgment given your shoddy "tracking" history. FWIW, it feels odd to me t…

• Before I go, I'd ask people to consider what evidence there is for Anomaly's legitimacy other than bussing Anna Claire (who mentioned being bussed, for the record) to win over Town confidence. Everything else (including exonerating me) is just convenient information that the Mafia would have, hence why he's backtracking and trying to pin me as a Ninja. The vote would naturally go to English after I was cleared, but given the lack of other targets, he needed to set up a diversion or risk being ca…

• Oh OK. Thank you. Vote stays. I'm going to try to be back near the EoD, really need to catch a few winks.

• HH used his item on English. If he's the one who came forward with that information (not you), then I'm not going to change my vote. But if he was called out on it by you and he confirmed it, then I'll trust you enough to switch to English. Iirc it had to have been Day 3...

• My memory is foggy, which post did the information about HH wasting his item come from? If Anomaly was the one to point that out with HH confirming, I'll switch my vote.

• She could be a secret power role that the mafia would want to kill. She could also be concealing the information so the mafia kill her. I thought about pressing the matter further, but surprise, keeping the options open is better.