Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I had this conversation with some friends a couple weeks ago. Obviously the stakes are pretty low with this question - people can watch whatever they want at whatever time for year for whatever reasons. If its Christmas tradition to watch Die Hard, watch Die Hard. BUT this stuff can be fun to debate/argue about because of how low stakes it is, so here's what me and my friends came up with: Basically, a movie is a Christmas movie if taking place at Christmas actually impacts the plot in a meaning…

• youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8 Bwaaaaaaaam

• I've started reading and already can tell this is something the group I'm DMing for right now would have really benefited from.

• Globes are pretty anti-Indie this year. Part of why I don't think they'll jive with a lot of the other awards this season. Sorry to Bother You has 2 indie spirit award noms and has a pretty good shot of winning Best First Feature and a dark horse chance at Best Screenplay at those. I'm betting they submitted for Original Screenplay at the Oscars and have a decent chance at getting a nomination.

• Awards Season is Best Season! Golden Globe nominations are out, so it's officially underway. (Hidden Content) Reactions: - Bohemian Rhapsody being nominated for Best Drama Film is the most Golden Globes shit ever. - Incredibles 2 better not take home any awards, cause it was pretty sub-par. But the animation category doesn't have anything remarkable (he says, eagerly anticipated Into the Spider-verse) - Reading through these, I feel like these are probably more out-of-line with the rest of award…

• 2018 Albums

Galedeep - - Entertainment

55. Vince Staples - FM! 56. All Get Out - No Bouquet 57. Margot & the Nuclear So and So’s - Vulgar in the Chapel 58. Hanson - String Theory 59. Anderson .Paak - Oxnard 60. Big K.R.I.T. - Thrice X EP 61. Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs That's likely a wrap on my master list before compiling my best-of year-end list (which is already in process)! Still a couple late-entry things of note - that Vince Staples project is really really good. The highly anticipated Anderson .Paak album was really kind…

• Arry Potta

My review of the Crimes of Grindlewald: mbb6i3oxm2y01.gif

• Red Dead Redemption: 2

Galedeep - - General Gaming

Finished Chapter Three last night. (Hidden Content)

• Daredevil's the latest show to be axed by Netflix. Jessica Jones and The Punisher must be sweating.

• Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very successful movie in that it sets out what it wanted to do pretty much perfectly. And I think it's a good movie, generally. Marty doesn't really make bad ones. But, counterpoint, it is three hours long and when I watched it, it definitely felt like it. So much so that it's pretty much the main barrier for me going back to rewatch it. Even to gather evidence that the movie could be just as effective if it was under 3 hours.

• Yay! These are my favourite posts. Biggest surprise is that there are people who think The Wolf of Wall Street is Scorcese's best movie, when I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a movie that hits three hours to be the best anything. (Even with the argument that the length is a meta way to play with/comment on the excess that is also a central theme of the movie)

• I wouldn't expect to see much crossover from the movies to the series in terms of characters or plot points anymore. Statistically speaking the Thanos snap would wipe out almost half the team as-is, and that's just not going to happen. They acknowledged the events of Infinity War essentially by saying "big attack in New York again!" and going about their business. Though I'd love to have Cobie Smulders on TV regularly again. So I won't complain if Hill joins the cast, but I doubt it'll happen.

• 2018 Albums

Quote from Holden: “Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE ” How is this? I added it to my library but removed it after about a month having not listened to it because I don't have like two straight hours free to sit down and listen to a Lupe Fiasco record in 2018.

• Ahead of it's sixth season premier, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for a seventh season. Was not expecting this, I assumed that the shortened order for season six meant it would almost certainly be ending. Also interesting that Clark Gregg isn't listed among the seventh season cast, so likely he won't be returning after the current season. Which isn't surprising given where season five left him.

• Yeah this is Telltale pulling games cause they have to liquidate. But they'll be back up once they're reacquired by other companies - know Robert Kirkman's company is going to/already has bought The Walking Dead, the rest will probably get scooped up elsewhere and be back.

• Detective Pikachu

twitter.com/rfarrowster/status/1062036918844735488 Yeah they pretty much got my number. This is the only version of the movie I'd be even remotely interested in seeing.

• Stan Lee has passed away. He was 95. It's a shame that his last years (since the passing of his wife, Joan) with us were plagued with controversy and strife among his business and family. But at the end of the day Stan's legacy is going to be damn near eternal, or as close to it as one can get. He created so many of our modern mythical figures, people will talk about Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, and Black Panther the way we talk about Zeus and Apollo and Athena. Sad day for comics and pop cul…

• ...yeah I'm into it.

Still playing through. Slowly. Just at the top of Chapter 3. I've seen a lot of complaints about how the game likes to reset your load-out, particularly when starting a mission. This hasn't bothered me too much for the time I've been playing, since I usually quickly check my load out any time I step away from my horse so I can be properly armed for whatever I'm planning on doing. But yesterday I happened to be playing a mission where rather than riding my own horse I needed to drive a wagon. Wen…

• Oh my god that it basically happened twice is amazing. This is how I picture Tony Clement: DecisiveCavernousDarklingbeetle-size_restricted.gif

• Interesting move. This would generally be a canary in a coal mine for firing Mueller, but attempting to do so right now? When he'd get reappointed by the House come January?

• Step in the right direction and a good set-up for 2020 if the Dems can keep building momentum. Kris Kobach losing the Governor race in Kansas is probably the sweetest victory. Dude can eat shit.

• BoJack is safe from the current Netflix cullings! Hooray! I watched the first episode of Sabrina. It was pretty alright, I like Kiernan Shipka a lot and she was good in it. It's got style out the butt, though maybe a bit too much for my tastes (the insane shallowness of so many of the shots was distracting, everything felt compressed and not in a evocative kind of way). Probably won't really watch anymore for the time being, just didn't fall into what I'm looking for in my tv watching right now.

• 2018 Albums

49. mewithoutYou - [Untitled] 50. Hellogoodbye - S’only Natural 51. Justin Courtney Pierre - In the Drink 52. St. Vincent - MassEducation 53. Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers & Lucy Dacus - Boygenius EP 54. Brendan Kelly and the Wandering Birds - Keep Walkin’ Pal We're in the home stretch! Time to turn my ears to all the past releases from this year and start putting the year-end list together. Likely still some more to come (definitely looking forward to Anderson .Paak in a few weeks), but the lio…

• Impeccable timing as CNN reveals their Atlanta office was sent a suspicious package (it was caught at the postal facility). There are not enough adjectives to describe how fucking awful Donald Trump is.

• Grand Theft Auto Rayman Twisted Metal What a weird accident to leave the '2' off of all of these.

Played a bunch this weekend. Stream of consciousness alert A lot of the hype for this game is all based around the size of the world and how immersive it is. Initially that kind of confounded me, but by yesterday evening I was all about it. The amount of things to do once the opening chapter finished was...overwhelming. And even as (it feels like) I'm approaching the end of the second chapter it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. In the first few hours of playing that was almost stres…

• American Vandal Cancelled After Two Seasons I hate everything.

I don't think I'll ever play another game after this so it can take up all the space it needs.

• Return of the Obra Dinn coming next week. Papers, Please was such a delight so I'm all-in on an insurance investigation of a spooky ghost ship.

• I've only seen a couple episodes of The Crown but its a beautiful show, I do want to watch more. I don't watch any of those DC shows. GLOW is amazing, I'd watch that before finishing Kimmy Schmidt (which is also good but not as consistent - though its more comedy-inclined if that's what you're looking for). If you like really crass/gross humour (like seriously the most blue show I've ever seen), Big Mouth is one of the funniest shows being made right now, while also being one of the most accurat…

• I tapped out of Doctor Who early in Capaldi's run (not fault of his), but my abiding love for Broadchurch has brought me back for at least this first episode. I liked Jodie Whittaker's take on the Doctor a whole lot. Still some room to settle into it, but the childlike wonder and focus on the individuals around her were great. To the same token, focusing the premiere and introduction of this iteration of the show by making it a smaller story about saving just one person rather than a whole world…

• The ZU Book Club

I don't really have the time to run a book club, but happy to administer (ie deal with post editing and other mod-required stuff) if someone wants to take the reins.

tbh one of my very few criticisms with the first RDR was the lack of depth in hand-to-hand combat. Fist-fights were more common than gunfights in the American West (as the latter would maybe end you an overnight in a jail cell, the former would earn you a noose) so the idea that you couldn't even knock someone out hand-to-hand never seemed right to me. Still need to watch the second gameplay trailer but I cannot wait for this game.

• Unless Murkowski and Collins are lying through their teeth, Flake has what he needs to force the investigation. what that investigation actually looks like and yields...

• 2018 Albums

'bout time for an update. 43. The Night Game - The Night Game 44. The Mountain Goats - Hex of Infinite Binding EP 45. Steven Page - Discipline: Heal Thyself, Pt. II 46. Noname - Room 25 47. Metric - Art of Doubt 48. BROCKHAMPTON - iridescence The Night Game is a fun little 80s-inspired pop record that I checked out on a bit of a whim. I actually quite like it, the whole mellow-ish throwback pop seems to really be turning my crank this year. I kind of feel like the vibe of this record is what Car…

• BoJack Horseman

The scene at the end of episode 10 pretty much pays off that whole bit spectacularly. As an examination of the Bojack/Diane friendship, this season is probably top tier to date.

• BoJack Horseman

Finished the season this weekend. Still a great show, possibly the best Netflix original. Overall I don't think I liked this one as much as the previous three, but those are pretty high water marks so that's still not a slight against it. Mostly I think the framing device of "Bojack makes a dark gritty detective show" not as interesting as what's been done in the past.

Lots of news out today, publications getting to put out their perspectives on two hours of gameplay. polygon.com/2018/9/20/17876570…lay-ps4-xbox-one-rockstar Shaping up to be everything I wanted and more.

• O DAM "‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Live-Action Series Set at Netflix" Quote from Variety: “The new show hails from the original creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, who will serve as showrunners and executive producers. The new series, in partnership with Nickelodeon, will be exclusively available on Netflix and will start production in 2019. ”