Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-5 of 5.
  • Gender v. Pronouns

SnorlaxMonster - - Zelda Wiki

I think people are talking too much about what they assume the motivations behind the change are; I really don't care about the motivations. What I care about is whether or not it is a good way to format pages. We could have a much more constructive discussion if people focused on that instead of making assumptions about the character of people who disagree with them. Quote from Izagar: “There is an option on wiki pages where certain rows in infoboxes can simply not show up if not filled in. Wit…

• Gender v. Pronouns

When I look at a character page on a wiki, I would expect to find a "gender" field on character pages, for characters for which it is known. I think "gender" is the more relevant field for the kinds of information people would expect to find. Since there is really only a single relevant edge-case for "pronouns" (being Fi, since Sheik had been satisfactorily handled), I do not think it is appropriate to have a "pronouns" field in the infobox. For the single edge-case, we can easily add a wiki not…

• Cameos in Articles

I like the idea of including so-called cameo appearances on the relevant wiki pages. I certainly think that if a characters or objects appears in another Nintendo game, that should be noted on the character or object's page. In the particular case of Link, while we would theoretically put the info on the Link/Other Appearances page, the sheer number of his cameos makes me think it would be better to create a separate page just for Link's so-called cameo appearances in Nintendo media. Quote from …

• Quote from Commander GorMor: “But do people use the Milk Bar/Hyrule Castle? Has it actually been used and optimized for the wiki? I have to admit, this is the first time I'm actually hearing of this, and that's not a good thing, because places for discussions should be more in the open and known. I've looked at other wiki forums before and not all of them were particularly active or used. While you do make valid points about cons over a sub-forum, I still don't see it as a bad idea. For one, the…

• Quote from Commander GorMor: “I've had a couple of users come to me because they see my contributor banner and ask me things like who's in charge now or how they can get their own banner, and it frustrates me when I have to tell them that I don't know or that I can't help them.” I don't really use the forums so I have no idea about the latter. However, if anyone asks you the former in the future, the answer is Justin. Quote: “ Make a sub-forum dedicated for the Zelda Wiki project And why not? I …