Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 640.
  • Quote from Malia: “heya shona nice to see you posting here also i was familiar with the grand adventures before i went to north castle. later, i became friends with dave/the missing link whom i met on nc too. when i found out i was reading his work for a while, i had this freak out fangirl moment xD. i also remember, at the top of the forum for nc, we had this little cucco that would run if you clicked on it and eventually, if you clicked on it too much, a whole bunch of em would appear haha. i …

• Watching gameplay isn't the same as playing a game, and playing a game isn't the same as experiencing it in the time frame during which it was originally released. Take Metroid II for the Game Boy. I thought it was pretty good for its time. It produced a quality Metroid experience that, for its time, was good, and it told a rather remarkable story if you ask me. However nowadays it's something of a black sheep of the family due to its incredibly limiting screen, the lack of colours, and some sif…

• In fairness, I will not defend Zelda's Adventure. That game generally was not fun to play, even back in 1994. Watching gameplay of it now isn't fun either. I will defend Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon as way better than people give them credit for however. Most people simply look at the cutscenes and run for the hills. By your description, you're talking about ZA.

• Quote from Majoras Moon: “The voice acting is like they just found a bunch of people in the office and told them to do it for five bucks and a trip to Pizza Hut. ” And your point is? Shall I relate these to the Zelda cartoon, which many people have said is "so bad it's good"? What differentiates this from that? Please name for me any other game out there with bad voice acting that, upon witnessing it, ruined every other part of the game for you. Go ahead: Several gamez with atrocious acting are …

• Quote from Majoras Moon: “I mainly don't like the graphics. Usually I don't mind so that takes a lot coming from me. I mean I think even you can look at Adventures of Zelda or whatever the second one was called and say that the graphics make you want to go blind. I mean look at this: ” Blah blah this was 1994. Let's look at the much-beloved Final Fantasy VII. PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_103543.jpg Like... OUCH. You could kill someone with that hair. And those arms look like Pepsi bottles or something. Y…

• Cometh ye filthy Scoundrel. Alloweth me to introduce your Personage to my Esteemed Collection of naked Sketches of George Washington. I mean, seriously. Are you just complaining about the cutscenes? Or maybe because the game is "Nintendo Hard"? Because neither of these things are novel critiques of the games.

• Zelda Headcanons

The Missing Link - - Theorizing

I didn't create this headcanon, but it's one of mine all the same. In the backstory of Twilight Princess, Midna is ruling quite happily. Zant, somehow on the council of elders or whatever it is they have back then, is a huge bloody nerd. Like you have no idea. At council meetings, Zant pulls out his Trapper Keeper (seriously look it up if you're young and don't know these things are; these were all the rage when I was in primary school!), props it up on its edge so that it creates this "mini-for…

• Zelda Universe was a bad website in 200x that I used to make fun of a lot because it wasn't very good. I knew of it because I was building a website of my own and kept tabs on all the others. I joined ZU because eventually enough people I knew were at ZU.

• So upon further review, the issue is still a Chrome 54 issue (and every browser related that uses the Chromium engine). However, the previous fix I mentioned might not work. (It actually fixed one issue for me but not the main issue). Investigation is still ongoing, but it certainly seems like Chrome has changed the way they render certain responsive elements in HTML. Workarounds for now: 1. Use Firefox/Internet Explorer/Safari and/or don't upgrade past Chrome 53. 2. Use the throwback skin.

• We have pinpointed the issue that's causing this. The issue has to do with version 54 of Chrome for high-DPI (dots per inch) displays. If your OS suggests/recommends/defaults your zoom level to something other than 100%, Chrome 54 does amazing things to certain sites. Such as the Zelda Universe forums. There is a workaround that might fix this issue. Possibility one: Set the zoom level on your OS to 100%. That should make Chrome respond happy hunky dory. (Hopefully.) Possibility two: techdows.co…

• Hey @English, I have a question for you: Let's say the Drunk was the Seer. And let's say, hypothetically, that the Drunk dies within the first three days (like this game). Technically, that means the Apprentice Seer would activate his/her powers right away, thereby letting the Apprentice Seer know that the Drunk was the Seer. How would you go about narrating that in a real game? You made a very methodical point of saying "Seer, open your eyes!" and all that. (Actually, more to the point, you did…

• Can I find out what my role was English? Finally? Even though I have a good idea what it was. :p

• dammit linkle I just needed two days

• Quote from Rambo: “Quote from Kevin R.: “I regret nothing! I thought of something. Pietro was killed by an hourglass, correct? You could say that his time was up. *gets shot again* ” it's only a matter of time before a Mafia game is made where puns result in a modkill. ” What are you talking about? I'm sensing a game where someone gets a post restriction where someone has to make a pun in every post.

• [drink booze]The Missing Link[/drink booze] So I've determined that my real role in the game is a Cop. But instead of a normal Cop that slowly determines who the Mafia (okay, Werewolves) are, my ability is to slowly determine who I am. It's a journey of self-discovery. All aided with the power of C2H5OH.

• Quote from Axius15: “Day 4 has begun... the drunk should have sobered up by now. Hey @The Missing Link, how ya feeling? ” c7a5a7b4fd4b5f67ebe763feadbf93d6.jpg

• @Shona: animated1.gif

• Go team? Or go other team? This headache makes it too hard to figure out.

• From the other room, you can hear that fish still singing its heart out. WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU

• Quote from DoLeo: “I'm gonna get notifications pouring in about people quoting me all day, aren't I. ” Yes. Yes you are.

• [UNVOTE] Hollowman [/UNVOTE] I don't care what side you're on. That's worth you staying alive another day!

• Quote from Sólsetur: “can i join you for drinks tml ” so long as you listen to my sob stories as we drink oh sól, why am i ded? i tried so hard. so hard. like, i tried the hardest. you don't even know. and now... it's all gone. i'll never be able to live up to my family name and face full life consequences.

• Not sure if happy or saddened by this turn of events. ... Actually, never mind, I'm over it. I'll be over at the open bar while you guys all clear your eyes.

• Quote from Kay Faraday: “Quote from The Missing Link: “Óóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóh this is só useful nów that I am dead I can make spóóky ghóst nóises fróm beyónd the grave óóóóóóh óóóóóóóóóh óóóóh óóóóóóóóh óóóóóóóóóóóh óóóóóóóóóóóóh (Actually I knew how to do this already :p) ” You have no idea how weird this looks to meQuote from Sólsetur: “I'm special :3 ” If I had my keyboard set to be able to type the ó normally then I wouldn't be able to make <> ” You could always m…

• Óóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóh this is só useful nów that I am dead I can make spóóky ghóst nóises fróm beyónd the grave óóóóóóh óóóóóóóóóh óóóóh óóóóóóóóh óóóóóóóóóóóh óóóóóóóóóóóóh (Actually I knew how to do this already :p)

• Just bury me with my booze, thanks. Now I never know what Ma wanted me to grow up to be.

• I've been waiting for Hollowman to claim or to give... something in defence. I'm not convinced about him, but so am I not 100% convinced about Kae. Kae was bold when confronting Sol earlier today, and that's generally a Town quality. But I admittedly got a little confused throughout it as to what the exact contradiction was. It didn't even sound important, but... I'm willing to give Hollowman time so that we can eventually establish a potential counterclaim at some point down the line. For now: …

• Quote from Sólsetur: “@The Missing Link The idea was, Linkle had publicly stated she wasn't going to target anyone. This is bad, because the scum get a chance to get away with a two person kill without any threat of having one of them killed. If she can pick a couple people and have them feel threatened by the possibility that they are scum, then they will be less likely to shoot her in the night -- even if she doesn't target anyone. And if they do shoot her in the night, then there is a chance …

• Oh wait, I missed something. Never you mind. That was from the same post. However, that said, you're still advocating to someone else to publish target possibilities. I still don't condone that.

• Instead of quoting a later post and absolving yourself of the suggestion, point me to where you explain the logic. Why is more important than what.

• Quote from Shona: “Quote from The Missing Link: “Quote from Shona: “I'm here now, and on my way to work on mobile. Will post more once I get on my computer and will definitely be active for EoD. @Jaime Lannister what's with the random questions about Pokemon and Batman villains etc.? I like that you're being proactive and generating content, but are you making a little too much noise to go with it? ” You didn't ask me why I asked Jaime for a random number? ” And I also didn't ask Sol why he aske…

• Quote from Cody: “Miller could be policy lynchable in a closed setup, but when it says "Lycan (1)" in the opening post, if I don't get counterclaimed I'm the next best thing to confirmed. I could have theoretically taken a 5% chance that the Lycan is the Drunk's role, but I'm not big on attempts with a 95% chance of failure. ” That was practically my point. :p

• Quote from Foo: “Highly suspicious of Cody's claim. Lycan is the very obvious Minion claim, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. The minion needs to act as early as possible in order to avoid ending up a disastrous scum kill and setting up a 1-for-1 is the best way to accomplish that. Lycan is the perfect role to attempt to trade with because a grid-lock resulting from a counterclaim can't be broken by a seer. The town is forced to guess. Cody is more than smart enough to act quickly and draw t…

• Mostly ditto with Mike. I definitely wanted to work with Naf into figuring out why he was so resistant to helping figure out what was going on rather than just flipping tea tables, and the only reason my vote remained was because I honestly couldn't find a better place to place it. I need to put some thought into where to go next. What with an evacuation of my floor at work, I haven't had as much time to re-read as I'd like. So my vote will remain nominally in the interest of keeping it on No Ly…

• Quote from Axius15: “@The Missing Link (quotes aren't working right now :/) Sorry for being useless. I'm just so very aware of how badly my 'intelligent' (and I use that term loosely) can go, and it has lost the town the game before. I'm not particular anxious to do that again. ” Axius, I don't need an apology. We're cool. Yes, there are frustrations in this game. There are lots of frustrations in this game. I want you to enjoy it, but I also want you to take it seriously. If you were being more…

• Quote from ♬Nafchacho♬: “TML, Zu is very glitchy atm, I didn't see your post till than. ” Understandable. It was difficult for me on the train. I 504'd on the way in when making my post in reply to you (well, really in reply to Jaime, but it mentions you), and I thought I'd lost it. Thanks for the reply. Seriously though... I'm curious as to why you don't want to, what's the word, help. I actually hadn't expected my vote to start the currently forming bandwagon. I actually had intention to vote …

• Quote from Jaime Lannister: “@Knight Hawk Does Wolf TML make a point at telling Wolf Axius in public to be more active and hunt down wolves, or would Wolf TML wait until the night chat to ensure Axius isn't lynched like he was in the previous game? ” Quote from Knight Hawk: “Honestly, I think that wolf TML would wait until night chat. But I don't think I really played/watched many games with TML in them to say for sure. ” Quote from Knight Hawk: “I believe that it is most likely that TML is a to…

• Quote from Jaime Lannister: “Based on games I've seen you play in or games where I've GMed and you've planned in: yes, as a townie you often get volatile when even one person suspects you. Something I will be keeping in mind for the future. ” Other things to comment on, but I figured I'd bring this up here. It's actually primarily this reason that I placed my vote on Naf. Part of it (though that's a surface thought) is to see who brought my vote up, who mentioned it, so followed along with it. I…

• I'm alive and here. On mobile. On the train. Catching up. May or may not comment before I get to work depending upon how complex the quoting gets.