Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • If the front page is slow then the problem is unrelated to the forums. That doesn’t use a forum software, it uses Wordpress. The problem seems to be about accessing all of the Zelda Universe website.

• Forum layouts look similar everywhere, ZD use Xenforo for the record. But that should be unrelated to whether an individual person is having loading troubles. I doubt it's anything to do with our forums - when the forum software is acting up, it will do it for everyone who visits.

• Is it doing the same on the zeldauniverse.net front page?

• I remember ZU when...

Cody - - General Chit-Chat

I haven’t been able to successfully lure Fox McCloud over yet but we’ll see

• Quote from Keyaki: “Wait, what was he running for again? ” Local Government, so a City Council. There are ten Councillors plus the Mayor.

• Me signing the Oath of Office yesterday: HPKNVXm.jpg And an official photo: XBbvx3p.jpg

• I’ve missed the last couple seasons of shows, but this Slime isekai adaptation is actually really good.

• I remember ZU when...

It's not a port of the old skin, we just made a new blue skin. This is the old one: web.archive.org/web/2004070804…dauniverse.net:80/forums/ By 2005 we were using the white forum skin as the default web.archive.org/web/2005050911…dauniverse.net:80/forums/ In 2006 we switched to green: web.archive.org/web/2006121409…dauniverse.net:80/forums/

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

Cody - - Community Central

Wooo Podcat!

• What video game accomplishment of yours do you remember the most strongly or are most proud of? For me, when I defeated Molten Core in World of Warcraft for the first time back when I was 15 or 16 really sticks with me. It requires 40 people to work together and we’d spent months gradually getting better and making it further into the dungeon, so the sense of pay-off was huge.

• Remember how I'm running for election in my city council? 44257053_10215144449637743_6762122589587374080_n.jpg Well, here are the election results: 6CHKlws.png In other words, I've just been successfully elected!

• The results of my election campaign have just come in, and I've just been successfully elected to a local government position! I'm now Councillor Cody Davies, or in abbreviation Cr Cody Davies.

• I’m always interested to hear how people discovered Zelda Universe, so I figure it’s about time for another one of these threads! I originally found ZU while looking for more information about The Wind Waker, then I joined the forums soon afterwards. How about you?

• Well Australians certainly know more about US politics than Americans know about Aus politics on average, but it’s mostly that I’m a politics nerd in the first place (plus most of my family lives in Texas nowadays anyway). In any case, a significant proportion of the people who regularly debate US politics on this forum are Canadian lol

• My election's voting period ends on Friday. I'll find out over the weekend and let you all know

• Most famously you're probably referring to this: gettyimages-517387760.jpg Miscalls do happen. Not very often, but when you have 500+ races going at once, 0.1% chances are going to happen occasionally.

• Looks like we may have had a mis-called race. TX-23 was called hours ago and the winner even gave a victory speech, but the Democratic candidate just snuck ahead. twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1060073700538679296

• Well Republicans were always very strong to win the senate. These are the six year terms of the senators who were elected during Obama’s strong win against Romney, so this was already a defensive battle for the seats won last time.

• 2018 US Midterm Elections

Cody - - Serious Discussion

It’s looking good for Democrats, 538 updated the chances for Democrats to win the house to 95% and NBC has called the first flip of the night, VA-10 for Democrats. Ah well, that percentage didn’t last long, it’s dropping fast. Results always fluctuate early, the percentage isn’t that stable at the moment lol. I’m still going to follow it obsessively though.

I’ve also been following this live feed fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/…rage/?ex_cid=extra_banner

Final estimates give Democrats around a 5-in-6 chance of taking the House (and about the same chance for Republicans to keep the Senate). Those are good odds really, but the chance of losing is also about the same as the chance of losing at Russian roulette, so go out and vote.

How To Watch The Midterms: An Hour-By-Hour Guide - FiveThirtyEight

• XvPclGn.png My latest letter to the editor in my local newspaper.

• J9Q62mQ.jpg I was running out of my first 1500 pamphlets for my local election campaign, so I printed out 5000 new ones.

• Citations Needed Podcast Episode 53: The Increasingly Dull Edge of 'Hypocrisy' Takedowns - citationsneeded.libsyn.com/epi…ge-of-hypocrisy-takedowns I thought this was a particularly good podcast episode about the state of modern politics discourse.

• Strategically speaking they should vote him down and pick a different one, but these hearings cross over into a subject currently at the center of a deep cultural rift. Fundamentally right now there's a deep resentment from many men in the Republican party (and the President most of all) about the whole #MeToo era and whether it means that men are being oppressed. This graph is pretty telling: DoHYRfpV4AAPoy9.jpg There's otherwise little value in keeping him at this point (there are plenty of ot…

• Angels vs. Demons VI - Rise and Fall

Cody - - Forum Games

-43 Daily backup of the database happens at that time every day, slows the site for 2-3 minutes

• Octopath Traveler

Cody - - General Gaming

@Jehanne (Hidden Content)

• Octopath Traveler

Cody - - General Gaming

As soon as I unlocked the Sorceror it was easy work to quickly grind up my secondary team to be as strong as my main team, since I could defeat the enemies from the toughest zone in one move.

• The forum itself has been getting a fairly steady drip of interesting new members, what we need is people who will be a) reaching out to new players and as previously mentioned b) helping them integrate for the long term instead of treating them like a burden in the path of your win. I’ve probably brought in 5-6 new repeat players over time, but I’ve got a lot going on outside ZU nowadays and haven’t been able to commit to it lately.

• I remember ZU when...

People keep gradually streaming in as they check the junk mail section of their Facebook messenger lol. Welcome back jonboyshewell!

• I do think people tend to be too harsh about newer players during wrap-up threads when they could be more tactful about it, but yeah, a lot of the players get their enjoyment from the idea that Mafia is skill-based in some way and so players have room to improve their game. Without that analysis of how the game went and how to improve, many of the players would be enjoying the game less.

• The Republican Party has managed to do very well with its small numbers by taking advantage of the fact that the electoral college was built to support the small states it holds and the natural advantage of their demographic when it comes to midterm turnout. That shouldn’t be mistaken for some kind of eternal stronghold though. They can’t rely on it forever if other parts of the country keep growing and their current base keeps becoming a smaller percentage of the population. It’s like how gerry…

• Putting aside that the Democrats have won the popular vote at the last three consecutive Presidential elections, midterm elections always go towards the most outraged side. It’s a turnout game about who can stir up their own base into outrage the most.

• Some people try to appeal emotionally to those who disagree to try and change their minds, some people try to argue logically to win over the neutral audience, and some people speak up aggressively to rile up the base. I think there’s room for all three types of person in any movement, since they’re all useful. If someone has the skills and temperament to act as a therapist to the misguided I think it’s a welcome addition to a cause, but I suspect it’s counter-productive to ask everyone to be th…

• Hi, everyone!

Cody - - Newbie Central

Welcome Yeah we're still running as a forum after all this time, there aren't many Zelda forums left in the post-Facebook age but we're still getting new members like you fairly regularly which is great.

• This tends to happen with anon games that don't get quite enough people in their first week. Since nobody posts in the hub because they're trying to be anonymous, the thread never gets bumped and nobody's sure who to message about joining.

• I'm running for an elected position in local government, which will start voting in about a month and a half. Here's the professional photo I got done for my election pamphlets: yM8UOxR.jpg And here's me with 1500 printed pamphlets which I'm going to be dropping in people's letterboxes over the next few weeks: UxidiLn.jpg

FiveThirtyEight has released their House forecast model (with all the individual seats searchable): projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2…ast/house/?ex_cid=rrpromo Enjoying the way they've deliberately switched it away from percentages to saying things like "3 in 4 chance" instead, because they're annoyed that the public is so bad at reading statistics that they think a 75% chance means it's a certain win.