Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake

KeeSomething - - General Gaming

Made in Heaven Quote: “GXvXQXuea-S2SSG0MV0w_SHRaqdDhnUJikEh16xFAkY.jpg”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from FroyoDragon: “It's called the N64 version :') ” The N64 version doesn't have this ending theme; therefore, it cannot be the best version. Also, more RE2make news! It's gonna be at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20th. Apparently, we are gonna see more Claire. comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I'm playing through the Not a Hero DLC for RE7 for the first time, and I'm warming up to this Chris. I just think it's odd that they keep him being this powerhouse that punches molded monsters' heads off, but didn't keep his buff design. Regardless, playing more of RE7, even though I'm not a fan of it, does make me excited to be a fan of the series. I can't think of another gaming franchise that changes up the formula as much as RE. Knowing that RE2make is on the horizon fills me with hope. I'm …

• Quote from Ty.: “I’m surprised you didn’t like REV 2. I quite enjoyed it. Haha ” Yeah, while I was playing it as the episodes were first releasing, I really enjoyed it. But going back and playing it all at once over the last couple of days was a pretty miserable experience. It's probably the worst paced game in the series because of its episodic nature. I also can't think of any "high points" in the game. Everything is pretty... dull at best, and shit at its less than best. It's a very stripped …

• I've been playing through the Resident Evil games (I pretty much play REmake, RE2 and RE4 on loop). Recently completed Code Veronica, and absolutely hated it. I replayed Revelations 2, and it's fucking shit. On the flip side, I have a new found appreciation for RE5, RE6, and RE7. I mean, I know, all three titles are drastically different and they have their fans and haters, but they are well designed games in completely different ways. I will always prefer the original RE trilogy games (and REma…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

I really like the menu system in this game. One of my favorite parts of RE7 was just how snappy and satisfying the menus were. And, for as much as I bitch and moan about RE7, I appreciate the RE Engine. RE7 feels like it was a kind of tech demo to test out the RE Engine, and RE2make (and possibly DMC5) are better because of this. BTW, here is a comparison of the first floor of the RPD in both version of RE2. Dfw7bU9XUAA4zLY.jpg:large

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Here is probably the best RE2make demo run that I've seen. The guy experiments a lot by going outside, knifing enemies, shooting off limbs, and taking damage. I cannot believe how great this game looks! Leon actually gets wet from the rain, and stays wet once he comes back into the police station. youtube.com/watch?time_continue=203&v=rpHC2736kNs

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from Mercedes: “I like the new Mr X. He looks more like something's off, that he definitely isn't human, but actually trying to blend in with that wicked cool fedora that always looks good on anyone. the bit where he breaks through the wall twice in the original made me quit the game for a bit because it shook me up. Smashed through wall, i paused, calmed down, unpause, SMASH AGAIN, and i was like... yep, going to go do something else now. :3 ” Quote from Xenon Moon: “I'm anticipating poop…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

He always reminded me of Sagat from Street Fighter, which I guess was true for Nemesis. Even the official art for Nemesis in RE3 is a reference to Sagat from SF2. Quote: “ e14092c5fc2da42fb46ab41d0278a02d.jpglatest”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Mr. X seems to have the most drastic redesign, and I gotta say... I sorta love it. The fedora is silly, and his face looks off, yet it somehow makes him more unsettling! For reference, here is the old Mr. X: tyrant1.jpg And here is the new one: Quote: “ Resident+evil+2+remake_f4a931_6634848.jpg”

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Quote from JP the Neurotic: “I think it’s weird people are complaining about the faces they look different sure but still very in line imo Not like a certain canoe in re7 ” The changes made to Chris in RE7 turned him into another character entirely. He's not even recgonizable as Chris--different eye and hair color, and different facial proportions. Aside from that, his new design completely contradicts his bulky RE5, Rev, and RE6 counter parts which are canon. It's like saying, "yeah, the best s…

• Quote from gamtos: “Yeah ok I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. SZGH766.png Ganondorf's OoT design, just like many aspects of the Gerudo, has some painful associations attached to it. I figure he was more meant to represent Goblins or witches, but a lot of that imagery originated from antisemitism and with the whole Ali Baba origin story of Ganon, it goes full circle back to a middle eastern caricature. GANON06_thumb.jpg It's why I'm a lot happier about how they brought back the design in Hyrule…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake

Finally, Capcom showed off RE2make, and I couldn't be happier. I'll be posting all the game info in this post, but let's discuss! What do you think of the game so far? Are there features you are hoping return/don't return? Trailers Quote: “youtube.com/watch?v=a-lEnz5QKuM youtube.com/watch?v=xtxJtQa6VSw ” Direct-Feed Gameplay Footage youtube.com/watch?v=s2TMSwEerDQ Special Edition Pre-order Bonuses: -Leon Costume: ‘Arklay Sheriff’ (presumably the outfit we see that poor SOB at the begining of the…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake looks fucking incredible. Oh, lordy. youtube.com/watch?v=s2TMSwEerDQ

• Resident Evil 2 Remake. The game that is a remake of my second favorite game of all time. It's not fixed camera. It is, however, looking fucking awesome. Mr. X's redesign is super unsettling, and I'm loving the lighting in the RPD station. Can't wait to play it. And if the rumors are true that there is a fixed camera mode option, I'll be even more happy. Dude, look at this Mr. X! 35102404_10210224712768862_22854959796060160_n.jpg

• ^I agree whole-heartedly with @lord-of-shadow. I never want a Majora's Mask remake or sequel, but instead, look at why Termina is such a more interesting world than OoT, TP or even BotW. Make a new Zelda world that has that same level of depth, and don't worry about trying to make it as large and believable as possible. Try making it as creative as possible! For example, look at Great Bay. Consider how it doesn't have a Hyrule equivalent. It is the home of both the Zora and Gerudo tribes, and th…

• Quote from gamtos: “Kinda, but focus on how he's my favorite compared to his appearance in the first three Zelda games and FSA. So a subfocus on how that's a favorite ganon even amongst the classic Ganons. ” Ah, gotchya. I can agree with that.

• Quote from gamtos: “Quote from KeeSomething: “Yeah, classic Pig Ganon seems like an obvious pick for Smash. ” Not what I said; my point was that if I had to pick a Ganon design that would represent the entirety of his design/character throughout the series, as is usually the point in Smash, I'd go for the OoX / ALBW design, which are virtually identical. The design of Ganon in the first three games or FSA doesn't click with me by comparison. So I'll say OoX Ganon's my fave, since ALBW Ganon is j…

• Really excited for Seriko! It looks even faster than Bloodborne, love the Feudal Japan theme, and the grapple can really made traversing the world more varied and exciting. Devil May Cry 5 looks pretty good. It highlights why I don't like the RE Engine and photoscanning, but it's nice to see the series back after the mishaps that was DmC. With DMC5's trailer being close to what was described in a rumor that also talked about RE2make... I'm worried. Seems like RE2make will be a third person shoot…

• ^Yeah, classic Pig Ganon seems like an obvious pick for Smash. In regards to the topic, which I completely ignored, here are my favorite incarnations of reoccurring characters: Wind Waker's Ganondorf is my favorite version. I think he worked really well with the theme of the game, and was a good parallel to King Daphnes. This is the only time Ganondorf felt like a character with justification to his actions. He matured a lot since OoT. Tetra is my favorite Zelda... until she becomes Zelda. Thank…

• Demise is the most redundant plot point in the series. Ocarina of Time already explained that Ganondorf swore revenge of Link and Zelda's ancestors. That's all we needed. "Ah-hah! But no, the cycle began even further back in the timeline, oh ho ho!" But, why? That's like making a prequel that takes place even before SS to say that even before Demise, there was another generic demon who swore revenge on Hylia and her hero. What's the point? It's stupid. Hylia's inclusion was dumb, too. Did we rea…

• Resident Evil 2 Remake is my most anticipated game, and the rumors seem to suggest it'll finally be shown off this E3. It seems like a no-brainer to remake RE2 in the style of REmake--the definitive example of how to remake a classic, but this is modern day Capcom. All I can think is "how are they going to screw this up?" What I want from an RE2make is: -Resident Evil 2, but updated exactly like how REmake updated Resident Evil 1. Don't make it a third person shooter. Don't remove all the game m…

• I think BotW's sequels could absolutely take note of Skyrim and Witcher 3 when it comes to meaningful sidequests and collecting lore. I'd also like to see a bit more depth with stats, but BotW is a good start. I liked how you could choose between leveling up your stamina or your hearts, but I think a few more stats would be nice, allowing you to build Link in a way that fits your play style. BotW is way too gear-based to me, so those buffs from equipping armor would, to me, be better off as perm…

• Quote from VaatiTempest6x4: “Quote from Mirren: “Metroid was in a body bag before the words "Metroid Prime 4" showed up in that teaser last year. ” Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that at that very same time that Metroid became hot again, Samus Returns came along as a 3DS exclusive! ” The main reason Metroid gained popularity again in recent years was thanks to the fan project AM2R. Flaunting Samus Returns as a 3DS exclusive is funny to me. It was clearly a budget title. I doubt many…

• Is SS underrated?

KeeSomething - - Modern Zelda

SS is not a good game at all. Poor pacing, broken and uncomfortable controls (the gimmicky motion controls at best date the game and at worst break the game), unrelenting hand-holding that can't be skipped, and the most obvious and obnoxious padding in the series. As an overall game, I think it is the worst Zelda and a mediocre game, but there are some moments, like anything involving the Sand Sea and Timeshift Stones, which are some of the best moments/mechanics in the series. Still, this isn't…

• Quote from Mirren: “Nintendo also said that last year's E3 Spotlight video was going to be for 2017 titles ” Nintendo is pretty inconsistent about when they'll show games off. Remember when they didn't show BotW off a couple E3's ago because, as Reggie stated, "We at Nintendo have always only showed off games that are coming out within the next month or two. Like when we first revealed Twilight Princess in 2004" Then Nintendo mooned us with Metroid Federation Force. Next E3, they show a logo of …

• Nearly everything you listed are games that aren't out yet or, in the case of Retro's project, Zelda actually releasing on Switch before next gen, and Smash being a new game, are pure speculation.* My point still stands that a majority of Switch's first party titles are 3-5 year old ports. Regardless, you have to really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to parade Splatoon 2 and Pokemon Let's Go as new games. You even point out that there's nothing exciting about ARMS. Ouch. As a consumer who …

• I'd really love to see a brand new villain with an undead theme! I think someone like King Igos Ikana from Majora's Mask would be a great base to build upon--an undead king filled with regret and hatred. I'd imagine this character would have his own legion of monsters, mostly supernatural themed. Think of the Ikana region from Majora's Mask--the undead such as ReDead, ghosts, Garo ninjas, skeleten knights, etc. Maybe this hypothetical undead king character would have an appointed ghost/shadow kn…

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “Quote from KeeSomething: “Probably another overpriced HD port for an overpriced console that only consists of overpriced ports. ” It's just a bit hyperbolic to say the system ONLY consists of ports. While I agree that it's highway robbery to sell a port at the same price as when it first came out, the Switch has more to offer than just ports. ” I'm not far off. An overwhelming majority of Switch's first party titles are 3-5 year old ports of Wii U games. An overwh…

• Probably another overpriced HD port for an overpriced console that only consists of overpriced ports.

• I made a video with some friends over the holiday weekend. This is why I don't have any other friends. youtube.com/watch?v=T4jsgO5Cn_c

• @Keewii I get what you're saying, but I wanna clarify that I don't think OoT is the be-all end-all of Zelda. MM is my favorite Zelda, and I'm open to admit that even that game has a number of flaws. My main point I was trying to make in my original post on the subject is that I was impressed by how much world-building was done successfully in OoT, and how I feel BotW failed there. I don't want BotW to copy OoT, in fact, I'm very glad it didn't! But for a game based on exploring an ancient and de…

• ^Oh, I agree, but the main thing that concerns me with BotW is how much has seemed to forgotten--things previous games got right. Two major things being enemy variety* and interior environments, and these are things you'd think Nintendo would make top priories for their first modern open-world game that mainly focus on combat and exploration. Ultimately, BotW introduces more good than bad. I mainly just wanted to point out how great OoT still is rather than shit on BotW. *Enemy variety is someth…

• Quote from Keewii: “Quote from KeeSomething: “ ” Breath of the Wild has way more depth in the sense that you can analyze everything in the game from the tiniest flower on a hill to the majesty of a cliff or a canyon. I briefly went back to Ocarina of Time whilst playing through Breath of the Wild and found it to be completely awkward, slow and clunky in comparison. You need to get over a game that's now almost 20 years on and embrace the modernized, advanced Zelda that is now at it's height ” I …

• I'm replaying Ocarina of Time for the first time since I played Breath of the Wild, and I'm still very early on in my new game, but I'm shocked how well the game holds up. Some things still outshine even BotW. Kakariko Village in OoT is, to me, infinitely more interesting than any location in BotW. Something as simple as going to the haunted graveyard and discovering actual tombs is great! For being basic one-two room areas, they have so much atmosphere. The music is chilling, there are actual c…

• I would like Zelda to go back to incorporating more medieval fantasy elements, but it doesn't have to be entirely accurate to the times. I'm just not a fan of the way sci-fi elements have been included into Zelda. Like, I think Shiekah tech would have been better off being ancient Shiekah magic, and the Guardians could have been giant dark beasts. Something like the Beholder from D&D. ce48b5ff66a976011a24ac8d7f722d5e.png Imagine this thing hunting you down shooting lasers from its eye rather tha…

• I wanna say A Link Between Worlds. That game, to me, is pretty much perfect, and the ideal 2D Zelda game. But I'm gonna go with Link's Awakening. There are some tech limitations that are annoying, namely only having two buttons to equip items to, but it has my favorite game world for a 2D Zelda, and the story is more charming and touching than anything in ALBW. It's a weird game, even by Zelda standards, but it still feels distinctly Zelda. The overworld map is, I think, better designed than mos…

• Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, but it's not the most intuitive. If you get stuck, don't give up! The number one, most important thing to remember is the Inverted Song of Time! You learn it from the scarecrow in Clocktown, but you don't need to talk to him to "learn" it. Just play the Song of Time backwards, and it slows time by half. It's very useful!

• BotW is the best selling Zelda game in a decade. There may not be a direct sequel in the story sense, but you better believe that the BotW style of gameplay is here to stay. It would be asinine for the Zelda team to scrap that engine without using it at least one more time. Open-world games take a lot of resources and time to make, so just because the next Zelda may take years to develope doesn't mean they are starting from scratch with a new engine. You're also crazy to think that Nintendo stop…

• BOTW Improvements

KeeSomething - - Modern Zelda

1)The bestiary needs to expanded by at least three times. Here are some of the different teirs of enemies than can be added: -Smaller, one/two hit kill enemies. Examples: Tektites, Like Likes, Poes, Armos, Rope, Skulltula (how where there NO spider enemies?), various traps, etc. -Large, tank-like enemies. Example: Dodongos, Gohmas, Big Octo, A Giant Iron Knuckle, Peahats, etc. -Humanoid warrios. Examples: Goriya, bulldog Moblins, Darknuts, Iron Knuckle, Ball and Chain Warrior, Stalfos Knights, e…