Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-20 of 527.
  • That is annoying, but for the sake of Search Engine Optimization, it's better to have redirects in place than nothing at all. We also weren't initially planning to give each weapon its own page. This might help though. I made a list of all the redirects to the Weapons listing. If you spot any there that you'd like to make, feel free. (Hidden Content)

• Hey folks. As you all know, Breath of the Wild is chock-full of Weapons, Bows, and Shields, and we need help making pages on all of them. To that end, I thought a sort of guideline would be helpful for people unsure how to start. Auspiciously, the format for Weapons, Bows, and Shields are all pretty much the same, so you don't need to learn any conflicting norms for how to approach them. You can practically copy+paste and replace choice details and people would be none the wiser. This page and t…

• Breath of the Wild Screenshots

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from gamtos: “If you're using pictures of promotional material and cutscenes, wouldn't equipping Link with only his Champion's Tunic, Hylian Trousers and Master Sword also work? This is his default look in cutscenes, and the Master Sword doesn't catch fire. Then again, could be considered a spoiler, and it's unnatural to the gameplay to depict Link in the wrong clothing for the area. ” I didn't say cutscenes, though. It's official gameplay footage (mostly trailers) and artwork that we base…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

I might say that an area cleared of enemies would be better than a screenshot with them, unless you happen to take the screenshot under the very careful and difficult condition of not scaling the enemies up whatsoever. (Keep in mind though, the other elements such as trees should be undisturbed.) I'm not aware of any cases where Link must ride a Horse, other than in minigames or in a certain battle. However, if there were to be a screenshot taken with the Horse, it would follow those conditions …

• Quote from Thal1989: “Any chance of a in-game screenshot? ” It's always a good idea to check Zelda Wiki. Unfortunately there's not much to the Cathedral post-Great Calamity. (Hidden Content)

• Quote from VitamLink92: “I am not sexist! ” Quote from VitamLink92: “feminazi ” Quote from VitamLink92: “ZeldaWiki is not an official source. ” Irrelevant. The specific portion I linked is a direct quote from the game, academically known as a citation, which means you can directly verify it yourself if you're so insistent on being obstinate. You'll find it as the first entry in the Quest log for "The Statue's Bargain".

• Quote from Foreigner55: “First: dude is a gender neutral term second: it's natural. ” As language doesn't exist in a vacuum, "dude" carries heavy male connotations in both contemporary and historical contexts, so it makes some non-male trans people uncomfortable. They certainly don't consider it neutral and wouldn't appreciate it being applied to them, despite what you may think of it or how you intend to use it. Quote from VitamLink92: “Where the gender confirmed for the spirit of this statue? …

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Everyone is welcome to contribute as long as the guidelines are followed. Overlap in work is pretty rare and people usually upload the images quickly after taking them, so that shouldn't be a major concern. If you're really worried about it, I'd recommend just sticking to one Region or sub-Region on the article linked in the original post. You'll notice fairly quickly whether people are covering the same content as you. Apart from that, if you announce your intent to cover something in this thre…

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Here's a heads up that screenshots taken in Master Mode (unless specifically regarding Master Mode) aren't acceptable and will need to be replaced. The reason for this is because Master Mode adds a Triforce symbol on the bottom left of the screen, even in cutscenes. That should go without saying but we've noticed some people have been uploading Master Mode screenshots, so please remember to check what mode you're on before you take any shots.

• Your userpage can be deleted, but not your account.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Yep. There may be some outliers which need to be replaced, but the files that don't display are ones we need.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Canyarion: “My Hylian Trousers are dyed orange. But I'll see if I can get some suitable shots here and there, without Link. ” Awesome, thank you. The Hylian Trousers aren't that expensive to get a second pair: only 90 Rupees.

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

(Hidden Content) (Hidden Content)

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Zelda Wiki is in need of quite a few screenshots to cover the massive game that is Breath of the Wild. If you're interested in grabbing some nice shots for this, I've prepared a tutorial to help you. But firstly, we need to establish what kind of shots are needed. Most of these are actually shots of locations themselves, which you can see here. In addition to that, I should mention that there is actually a set standard for what's appropriate in a shot, but the required conditions aren't that dif…

• After long deliberation among the staff with historical consideration of the quality, security and upkeep of the fan-game pages, it was decided that the best course of action would be to purge them from the Wiki and that further fan-game pages would be prohibited. I'm not personally familiar with this "Shadowgazer" project, but I can confirm that if the information was in an article about a fan-game, it has since been removed.

• If you're including liberals within context of "The Left™" you may get less clear answers as it's hard to reconcile capitalism and also be critical of and abolish the social functions it realizes solely for profit at the expense of the people who, in their work, created that profit. I should preface that sex workers deserve everyone's implicit support and that sex work itself is not inherently wrong. I personally feel that capitalism is inextricably antagonistic towards the pursuit of sex work a…

• I'm glad Milo's career is in flames right now, but to know that this is what was considered going too far is infuriating (but not surprising). Endangering and sexually harassing trans people? That's perfectly fine!

• It goes without saying that local antifascist organizations need as much support as possible in the face of Trump's sympathizers. Plenty of victims need legal, financial and social support.

• Things to Do

Tony - - Zelda Wiki

Sorry if it wasn't clear. "Fire" in this context refers exclusively to the campfires, as that's what they're officially known as. It's confusing, but we do have to go by the official names. So nothing but these campfires should be covered in the article.

• Quote from Linkle: “Oops! I forgot I also asked @Tony . No response yet. ” Thank you for the consideration, I've really wanted to be in an AA Mafia (hearing so much about the last one). I'm afraid I have to decline though. I'm not really feeling up to playing Mafia after how badly my last game went. I'll be watching from the sidelines.