Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • 'Murica's long overdue for its own October Revolution.

• DPRK has no first strike policy and is merely a country attempting to defend itself from imperial aggression ever since the US went to war and essentially committed genocide, killing millions of Koreans, arbitrarily splitting the peninsula and installing a fascist president in the POK who proceeded to then purge people by the thousands. Read up on Korean history a bit and stop eating up state propaganda against them, folks. As for nuclear war, the only thing I'm worried about is Trump being a di…

• Wasn't there some folks here telling me that Trump would be a great LGBT president?

• Where Bernie Sanders has shown himself complicit in American Imperialism, Corbyn has, beyond interests domestically, shown a willingness to allow Britain to finally take the blame for being a royal fuckup internationally and its creation of an empire that allows for imperialism and exploitation to continue in present day. If anything, the support for him proves that unlike the United States, Britain -- and perhaps other European countries -- can still benefit from some form of reformism to have …

• Food for thought: is your definition of a dictatorship -- meaning, a government ruled by "one great man" as they might say - be a country whose interests have gone in direct opposition to the interests of the United States? Makes you think don't it?

• Abortion 2017

Jaime Lannister - - Internet: Serious Business

Pro-abortion, any women seeking an abortion I am supportive of. Any one on the fence I would want the option available to them paid via the state in winch they reside within.. No time spared for reactionary neoliberals who want to argue from a stance of psuedo-science or religion to deny women their bodily autonomy.

• Quote from Silver: “Today marks a year since the UK voted to commit national suicide, and David Cameron resigned in disgrace after his hubris backfired spectacularly (which seems to be a running trend with the Tories). Good riddance to one of the worst prime ministers the UK has ever elected. May history judge him harshly. ” I almost thought you wrote "the worst Prime Minister the UK has ever elected" and wonder how you forgot about Maggie. But as you wrote, agreed.

• DC2uNEHW0AAtJGH.jpg:large This adequately represents talking about terrorism to just about any American regardless if they're conservatives or liberals.

• Why A Seattle-Area Mosque Barred Anti-Trans Activists - The Daily Beast Quote: ““Theologically, you know, we have an opinion on LGBTQ etc.—that Islam does not approve of that lifestyle,” he told The Daily Beast. “But as far as discrimination is concerned, anybody marginalizing them, anybody discriminating them, anybody mistreating them—we stand with them to protect their rights." “We welcome them and we treat them like any other Muslim or human being,” he continued. “If their rights are being ta…

• twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/st…42771576039460864?lang=en Trump administration withdraws federal protections for transgender students - CNNPolitics.com But I thought Trump was going to be good for LGBT people be3663efef4ecaba05ce9d337c0b56a1.png

• Pretty interesting how humanity has gone down this route wherein your worth is determined by how much you can provide to the larger national concept of an economy, to the point where thousands upon thousands of individuals living in poverty is considered a natural process by which society has run. I can't help but wonder what society would be like if instead of say, poverty existing, was an issue the majority of society looked at and saw as a failure of the society we've built up, rather than bl…

• Quote from Bill: “I think it would be nice to have a concrete definition. From my perspective, I'm not the one who uses the term. And I'm not the one making the claim that it is on the rise. You seem to have a background, or at least interest, in history. Your use of the term is undoubtedly better informed and reasoned than most. In my estimation, many people across the political spectrum have diluted the term through excessive and casual use. I think a depressingly accurate definition for the t…

• Quote from Bill: “Quote: “It's fascinating - and in a frightening manner - the way in which the US, especially in the past few years has shown a growing parallelism with fascism. Corruption within the Trump administration/general government + the rampant anti-intellectualism I've been seeing + attempts to control the media/flow of information (e.g. falsely claiming there was a Green Bowl massacre, denying the low attendance at the Inauguration) appear to be the two that are becoming more and mor…

• It's fascinating - and in a frightening manner - the way in which the US, especially in the past few years has shown a growing parallelism with fascism. Corruption within the Trump administration/general government + the rampant anti-intellectualism I've been seeing + attempts to control the media/flow of information (e.g. falsely claiming there was a Green Bowl massacre, denying the low attendance at the Inauguration) appear to be the two that are becoming more and more prominent each day. I wo…

• Quote from Silver: “Betsy DeVos has been confirmed as education secretary in a knife-edge vote, with Mike Pence casting the tiebreaking vote, the first time this has ever happened for a cabinet nominee. Hope America likes lots of charter schools, vouchers for religious education, and overall privatisation of the education system, because that's exactly what it's going to get. ” Not to mention she and her family have made numerous monetary contributions to the Republican congressmen who voted her…

• Quote from HylianRoyal: “@Jaime Lannister Trump never said Mexicans are rapists. He said it in the context of an open border easily allowing the thugs and criminals to cross over into America along with the good people which he acknowledged also. But you see, context isn't a favorable thing in most liberal media because it shows the real truth rather than a half truth like people honestly believing Trump said or even thinks all Mexicans are rapists. Yes the words of Madonna will resonate to a mu…

• Quote from HylianRoyal: “Quote from TheMorriganZW: “Quote from HylianRoyal: “Quote: “ ” ” ” Her words resonate with many liberals who share her views. That was my point. What do you suppose words like that sound like to the rioters who love going out and destroying things? ” I glossed over this before and it didn't catch my eye, though re-reading the thread it has. If I understand the core of your assertion here, it's something along the lines of "Person with large platform says X, this can reso…

• It's not really that difficult to understand why presently and historically it is "the left" as a whole that protests and/or is involved in riots while "the right" as a whole is not. This more or less is a tl;dr of Lucretia's posts but the right is the status quo and liberals or leftists challenge that. Conservatives weren't the ones partaking in the Stonewall Riots and the early days of the LGBT movement across the west. Conservatives weren't the ones protesting during the Civil Rights era. Con…

• Yeah. Like we discussed some in private, I think a broad definition of "conservatism" has points where they have helped the world or where they stood in opposition towards what would become a negative thing, particularly where some notion of "progress" was leading towards a path of dictatorship. Such as what happened with the USSR, especially after Lenin's death and the rise of Stalin. The Just War Theory is interesting. I could see that being something to credit towards conservatism, though I w…

• So I got to thinking this the other day for a few reasons, most important being that I think history is incredibly important, and often underrated. We often don't learn from it or use it to understand how we're in certain situations today. In particular, I asked myself "what rights and freedoms do we enjoy today that we could thank conservatism and the root of its beliefs for?" Now, my beliefs are more or less known among my friends here and to anyone who's been around here for at least a year o…

• I've been watching this thread and not all that interested in joining in, I think it might help if the people involved were to better narrowly define some words and arguments they're making. For example, Belliard has outright stated that Trump is not racist. Avalanchemike provided some examples on why he believes Trump is racist (e.g. the fact that Trump has been in legal trouble for not renting, specifically, to black people), the Central Park jogger case, and so on. Bell did not retract his cl…

• The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement C3ghG1IWYAItC_7.jpg:large Interesting, but not surprising.

• Trumponomics

Jaime Lannister - - Internet: Serious Business

Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Jaime Lannister: “I can see how small business owners would benefit from it in that case. But most people in the US and probably worldwide aren't business owners but people working for a business, whether small business or some sort of chain/corporation. It also seems like something that would be more beneficial to larger chains which could afford this. Your local Chinese restaurant closes down and a P. F. Changs will take its place. Local pizzeria closes and…

• Hours after Trump signs Muslim ban, Texas mosque goes up in flames Sad that the hate crimes in the US continue to grow. Hopefully Trump, amist these bans and such he is signing, will condone these attacks and spend some time and money towards preventing them in the future. It makes sense he would as these are domestic issues and I think we'd all agree that crimes targeting Muslims for their religion should be dealt with swiftly and vocally denounced.

• Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Jaime Lannister: “I'm no mathemagician, but how does enacting bills that would increase the cost of products for consumers help strengthen the middle class and anti-establishment-give-power-to-the-people MAGA etc. work exactly? And I thought Republicans hated taxes? I feel like I'm out of the loop here because Trump seems to be doing the exact opposite of what he built his campaign on. I mean, it's almost like he's running the country like he's a businessman …

• Apologies for the double post, but I feel like for the most part when stories are posted here that aren't on the federal level (e.g. something done by Trump) it's usually something about a foreigner committing a crime or complaining about women marching, so I came across this story and felt like sharing it. UW student trying to start alt-right group pleaded guilty to arson of black churches - WISC Now the whole "alt-right" thing was founded by a white supremacist so it's really no surprise, thou…

• I'm no mathemagician, but how does enacting bills that would increase the cost of products for consumers help strengthen the middle class and anti-establishment-give-power-to-the-people MAGA etc. work exactly? And I thought Republicans hated taxes? I feel like I'm out of the loop here because Trump seems to be doing the exact opposite of what he built his campaign on. I mean, it's almost like he's running the country like he's a businessman primarily concerned with generating profit, or somethin…

• Can't wait to see the incomprehensibly massive backlash from Republicans once the news of these private email accounts gets around.

• Trump admin mandates EPA studies, data undergo review by political staff before release - Chicago Tribune A question for everyone, though I know we have a few Republicans & Trump voters here - how do you feel about the administration you voted for expanding government control and oversight rather than shrinking it? As I understand it a big appeal to Trump was that he was anti-establishment and keen on giving more power to the people, yet it seems thus far he has continued to expand the governmen…

• Trump bans agencies from 'providing updates on social media or to reporters' | US news | The Guardian Trump restricting freedom of speech from government agencies. Is censorship how the Trump administration and Republicans plan on Making America Great Again? Gotta say I'm not sure how this is supposed to make the country amazing but people keep saying give Trump a chance. I imagine he has an amazing explanation waiting for us to deliver shortly.

• I see no issue with the principle behind compulsory voting so long as proper steps are taken to ensure this can be done with ease, e.g. creating a national holiday to ensure everyone can reasonably make time to go vote, extend the voting period duration substantially (say, a week) so everyone can plan well ahead to be able to go to a polling center, etc. I also think we exist in a time where voting can be done online or through the mail with relative ease so there's not much of an excuse for the…

• For anyone who might be curious. Bernie today: youtube.com/watch?v=c5Z5s7T9WNs Hillary's twitter account made a few tweets, nothing indicating she was at any of the protests or doing anything out of the ordinary. I really do find it interesting how I keep hearing about Bernie being here and there giving speeches and being around people but Hillary has been pretty much silent these past months.

• The irony is that for all the talk conservatives have about people being easily offended and needing safe spaces, conservatives are some of the easiest people to offend. Reminds me when the that play cast (Hamilton, I think?) addressed Mike Pence and Trump and conservatives went on about how they needed to apologize and they were out of line and felt attacked etc. etc. The hypocrisy is delicious.

• Quote from Pennington: “Looks like they've removed the LGBT page from the White House website, in addition to removing any mention of climate change from the website. Fun day. ” Well, this is clearly part of Trump's elaborate plan to be the greatest president to the LGBT community in history, or whatever he claimed during his campaign. But really, that's interesting, since one of his campaign promises was to do nothing to reverse LGBT rights. I'm pretty sure people on this very forum were confid…

• Quote from Linkuya: “Quote from Jaime Lannister: “You're more than welcome to provide examples of obstruction being ineffective towards changes in legislation, and I'd love to read the sources and evidence ” I don't understand this mindset. Sources and evidence showing examples of obstruction being ineffective? Would you like me to post one of the many viral videos of liberals protesting - getting hit by cars? Did their protesting lead to any such large changes in the system? youtube.com/watch?v…

• You're more than welcome to provide examples of obstruction being ineffective towards changes in legislation, and I'd love to read the sources and evidence the researchers have, but if you're simply theorizing that it's ineffective then there's not much of anything to discuss. So one of Trump's first acts has been to repeal the FHA mortgage insurance premium cuts, in short making it more difficult for people to buy houses. We're on our way to a stronger working class.

• lmao, blocking roads will "hurt your cause" Not gonna bother with that line of discussion because arguing with liberals is tedious but disruption has consistently proven itself to be effective in getting change - remember, protestors are aiming to get actual change accomplished through direct action, raising awareness, and pressuring elected officials, and aren't really concerned that you're late to your afternoon Starbucks. And before someone inevitably brings up the Civil Right's Movement and …

• twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/822495850899374080 So I heard trump basically said nothing of value (just like in the past two years) and the speech was mostly making a big Us vs. Them sort of rally in lieu of anything that could be construed as presidential. I wonder when that whole "drain the swamp" thing is gonna happen seeing as how everyone he's appointed thus far has been a well established career politician. Maybe he's planning to bring them all into his cabinet and then perform some sort of…

• I wonder if the great bastion for minority rights, Hillary Clinton, will participate in the Women's March or anything else protesting Trump's presidency or if she's gonna attend the inauguration like everyone else and clap along as he accepts and makes his speech.

• As investigative-proof I think a Godfather would typically turn up as Vanilla, but it would ultimately vary from game-to-game.