Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 634.
  • Quote from gamtos: “If you list the differences between Link and Toon Link in Brawl (regardless of how small), you would end up naming every single one of his moves. His difference in weight, height, speed and range are very significant, and have to be balanced carefully in order to make sure that a Toon Link and Link player of the same skill level will still be at roughly the same power level. Balancing eats away at precious development time.Toon Link is further differentiated by the attributes…

• Quote from ich Will: “Daruk could even just be a skin for Darunia, the other champions probably wouldn't work as skins though. Still, considering all the characters you can play as, I have difficulty imagining the four champions being a lot to ask for. ” All of them could work as skins except Revali. Revali's outfit could be given to someone like Medli, but that's about it. Mipha is a lot different from Ruto, but Ruto getting Mipha as a costume isn't really all that far-fetched. Neither would Im…

• I'm mixed between wanting a sequel and wanting DLC for the Definitive Edition. I think a sequel will happen either way, but I just want Saria ASAP. Sorry, the Deku Stick WOULD work for her, but she's still got plenty of potential as a nature-based moveset is barely explored, and she's got several base weapon options (my assumption being if her base weapon isn't Ocarina, she'd use that for her finishers and specials to attack with plants)--slingshot, staff, boomerang, and my personal favorite ide…

• I'm heavily tempted to buy it despite getting all DLC for the first two. I mean, if there's ANY new content (except the two costumes) announced, I'm probably guaranteed to buy it. I did NOT like the 3DS version. I wanted the content, but I just couldn't get into it on 3DS. FEW, on the other hand, I love so much on Switch, on both handheld and on TV. And I know I'll love playing Hyrule Warriors on Switch way more than FEW. I'm just hesitant if there's no new content except two costumes. Announce …

• DLC story holiday 2017

JaidynReiman - - Modern Zelda

So I reached the boss of the DLC dungeon. Its amazing. Its easily the best boss in the entire game and I haven't even beaten it yet because its so damn hard. So why wasn't THIS guy fighting Ganon? Damn... Honestly, I kinda want a new DLC just to give us a good Ganon boss. Ugh. (I mean, ok, I liked Phase 1, but Phase 2 is just... so disappointing.)

• I don't see a Nintendo Direct for specifically Zelda coming out. Not at this point. If we get one, its probably a general covering all of Nintendo, and Zelda will be part of it. Personally, though, I don't think this will happen until after Game Awards.

• Quote from Kol Gaines: “I read somewhere that BotW was set in the Downfall Timeline, likely near or at the end of it. One of the primary reasons being that Lynels ONLY appeared in that timeline. ” There's more evidence and thematic links to Downfall than any other timeline. However, that's just due to the theme behind the game (a ruined Hyrule) and likely them trying to kinda go back to the series roots with Hyrule being in disarray like in the original Legend of Zelda (there's a Princess, but n…

• I dunno if I participated in this thread before or not. Frankly I don't remember. Just wanted to comment on it. Frankly, I was saying months ago that with this game, Nintendo just didn't care about the timeline, and the correct timeline placement is "none" or "so vaguely far in the future the timeline doesn't matter before." That being said, I disagree that Nintendo "doesn't care about the timeline." At worst, they're indifferent to the timeline. In regards to THIS GAME, it didn't matter. But th…

• DLC story holiday 2017

I do think we'll at least need to have defeated Ganon to play the DLC story. Maybe even have the "secret" ending.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from VitamLink92: “1. If Nintendo stops only caring for BotW as if it's the only Zelda game ever. ” Where on Earth does this absolutely ridiculous notion come from? BotW is the current main title, of course they're only focusing on that right now. What do you expect them to do? This is what happens with every new main game.

• Quote from MVS: “Especially considering what he said for some time ago, but he just doesn't know what to do exactly, which is a good thing I would say. All options are open. Personally I hope that the second game is like the complete opposite of BotW. 1. Linear as **** 2. Zelda tech demo 2011-visuals (not gonna happen though) 3. Smaller but denser in scope 4. A lot of story-elements 5. Non-traditional ” Given Aonuma's statements, #1 is not happening at all. I think it'll be MORE linear, but not …

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “I will say I'm thirsting for some more information. Isn't it time for Nintendo to drop another teaser of some sort? lol But, yeah, continually adding new DLC content doesn't seem like it'd be that hard. Again, it'd keep us busy while they're perfecting the next installment. I'd love to see a way, if it's possible, to keep expanding upon Breath of the Wild and maybe using DLC to lead us into the next game? I dunno, just throwing some ideas out there. The possibilities are endl…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Zugioh: “Quote from DaronB: “Hope there's not a delay but if so hopefully it's to add more content and make this as jammed packed as possible. Hopefully they'll add a ton of stuff that drives the replayabilitly way up. Another thing I hope that will be considered is to not stop at the Winter DLC. Maybe, they'll find way to add more DLC story over the next couple years while we wait for the next big Zelda game. ” Here's a thought:Let's not make the next home console Zelda game 5(or mor…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “Zelda traveling to the four main regions to reveal herself, maybe reveal Link as well as a lot of people still think he's just a descendant of himself, and appoint the new champions. Meanwhile, the Yiga are looming in the background, knowing that Ganon has been dealt with, so, on top of Master Kohga, their thirst for revenge has escalated. Zelda appoints the new champions just in time for the Yiga to attack, and that's where the new dungeon comes in. My only hesitation in tha…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Zugioh: “Quote from DaronB: “So, off topic question.... Does anyone else find it interesting that Zelda and two unidentified soldiers are heading to the Flight Range? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but, that's a pretty weird location for the Princess to travel as opposed to Rito Village. Makes me wonder if that scene is set in the present (hence the active shrine) and she's headed to see Teba. ” It's a bit weird to me. Considering Teba is no longer at the flight range after the c…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from MVS: “Quote from gamtos: “Or 12 more shrines ” You are probably right (not necessarily 12 though), in that short little teaser where Zelda rides through the snow you can clearly see an orangeish shrine, which can be a new one. Sure it can be an already existing shrine, but we don't even know how they are going to handle this. I do think they will handle the new story as interactive and expansive memories. That is the most logical to me. And interactive memories were my hopes from the …

• DLC story holiday 2017

Given the teaser we got, it was pretty obvious there'd be more voice acting. I mean unless you thought it wouldn't have voice acting at all, but frankly, they really made a push to have fully voice acted cutscenes. I don't see why they wouldn't push for the same in the DLC story either. Quote from Zugioh: “I feel like they've either changed or added to the DLC over time, remember this was the very first bit of information we got regarding the DLC: 3194854-zelda2.jpg DLC pack 1 eventually was cha…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “I thought I read somewhere the Winter DLC was going to add 20 shrines and a new dungeon? ” The only things confirmed is it'll have a new story and a new dungeon. Nothing else is confirmed.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from ich Will: “My main two guesses are that it'll have something to do with the "bottomless" hole outside the Yiga hideout (as I've said before) or the Hebra region. The latter is quite empty for such a large area, and it could also be fitting as the DLC is going to be released in the winter (near Christmas perhaps? can't remember if they gave a specific date). Not to mention we saw Hebra in the recent development footage. Also, isn't Gerudo Desert's Sheikah Tower the only one out of all …

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “I enjoyed Feranel's post. Heck, it sounded realistic to me! I think some of us may be selling Nintendo and the game makers short here. Remember, it was $20 for the DLC, which is 30% cost of the final game. As extensive as the game is, if we can get just 30% of what the final game was, that's still A LOT of potential, even with Trial of the Sword and Master Mode already in the mix. ” I have to agree. I think a lot of people are selling it short. The first DLC was more of an ap…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “For those saying new enemies, picture this: Iron Knuckles from OoT and Darknuts from Twilight Princess. There's room for those types of enemies here, especially if this dungeon was something along the lines of the Akkala Citadel. Still thinking the Yiga will have a role in the DLC, but, who says the Yiga can't have infiltrated the Akkala region. ” We've never had them both at the same time. It could be interesting. I keep thinking that Darknuts could be added as a variant of …

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “ I'll be honest, I'm quite intrigued to see what exactly the new dungeon is and what it's purpose is. I do feel comfortable that the boss - if there is one - will not be Ganon related. I think the Yiga are somehow involved. ” This is why I'm pretty confident in new enemies. There has to be at least a new boss for the new dungeon, and as its post-game, it can't just be a Blight Ganon (the Blight Ganon's are pretty unique as is anyway; they look similar, but have unique fightin…

• Quote from MVS: “@Canyarion Yes I fear the same. And "new original story" doesn't mean "heavy-story-DLC" and BotW is known for its openness now, so I think I can scratch my hopes for more linearity. @JaidynReiman The thing is, we don't know if he just talked about DLC 1 or 2, or both. Because we have already got that in the first one, so that maaaybe will not be the case in the second DLC? And I've got to say, I am not a fan of "we have placed out new stuff, search for them!". I found it kind of…

• Quote from Canyarion: “@MVS I'm just worried that the story in DLC 2 will just let us teleport between a few locations where we watch some cut-scenes and do some simple tasks. Without a new area to explore, we'll just rush through whatever Nintendo throws at us. Let's say there's a storyline with Zelda calling on the help of the Champions successors/descendants to deal with a new problem. There are a few more memories to find and there is a new dungeon. People who know the world well enough will…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Zugioh: “Quote from JaidynReiman: “How? Simple. Flesh out the inside. Clear out the Malice. Allow us to blow open the entrance after the Malice is gone. ” Considering the whole place is covered in Malice, if this was in fact the new "Dungeon", it would be treated similarly to the divine beasts. (Glowing eyeballs, cursed moblin, bokoblin & lizalfos heads), not much enemy variety. ” This is a massive assumption, and frankly unlikely, considering currently you can't get inside it because…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “Quote from Feranel: “Today on my MasterMode playthrough I arrived in the Akkala region. Once again I was stunned by the magnificent exterior of the Akkala Fortress and dissapointed we cant get inside like as in Hyrule Castle. I think this fortress has a pretty big chance of being the new DLC 2 dungeon. Its the place the army of Hyrule fought their final battle. Im sure this place holds many secrets, great stories and sweet armor/weapons. And Im sure there are plenty of good r…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Zugioh: “Quote from MVS: “Am also hoping more and more that this new story will have its own file so I don't have to reset the entire game only so I can re-experience the new story-DLC ” I don't see them having us reset all of our progress. It's not like a Master-Mode add on, It's probably more like the Trail of the Sword, where once you install the DLC, you get a calling, visit Kass, learn more about the Champions, etc. ” Its post-game DLC so that's not possible. It won't just be an …

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from DaronB: “When is the next event that might give us some more hints and sneak peaks dropped? ” The next major event is San Diego Comic Con (SDCC), but I doubt we see anything for Zelda there. Most likely, either they drop it at random or we get a Nintendo Direct (potentially by the end of next week). Currently there is a potential hint at a new Nintendo Direct coming soon people have been reporting on for about a week. What's been stated is that the Japanese Nintendo Direct page (I thi…

• Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Quote from JaidynReiman: “Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Quote from Knight Hawk: “So, you guys know the one shrine you have to wait for a blood moon for? Well... I arrived there during the day. Threw out a camp fire, waited for night, and ... Boom. Blood moon. I bet you all hate me right now. ” I hate that shrine. First blood moons are completely random so you don't know when they are going to happy and 2nd it is not easy to get there fast enough even if you teleport a…

• Quote from Foreigner55: “It's not that I hate this theory it's just that calling the divine beast impo and having it being piloted by impa sounds like something that Nintendo (aka good old creators of Zelda games) wouldn't do. And they do a lot of stuff that they seem like they wouldn't do. I like gamtos's theory better. How would a fifth champion even work. Where would they hide the divine beast. Those things are huge you don't just hide them. Besides impa already has a role: she provides expos…

• Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Quote from Knight Hawk: “So, you guys know the one shrine you have to wait for a blood moon for? Well... I arrived there during the day. Threw out a camp fire, waited for night, and ... Boom. Blood moon. I bet you all hate me right now. ” I hate that shrine. First blood moons are completely random so you don't know when they are going to happy and 2nd it is not easy to get there fast enough even if you teleport and 3erd I went there once when I got a blood moon and d…

• Quote from gamtos: “I don't think the entire Hateno village is part of the main quest. That's crazy. Lurelin is of course a little bit less shocking but still, considering how huge the coast region is that's pretty crazy too. ” It is because memories are main quest, and you have to go to Hateno to get the ability to regain your memories. You also have to explore the entire village because you need to bring the flame to Purah.

• Quote from DaronB: “I feel like the more we see revealed of the new DLC the less likely the new dungeon is a Divine Beast. I mean, at this point, what purpose would a new DB serve? If this new addition is in fact set post-Ganon, a new DB is pointless. Besides, we've been told that the Ballad of the Champions will focus on learning more about Zelda and the Champions, so I can't see where they'd place a new beast. Honestly, I'm thinking this new dungeon is going to be based around the champions so…

• Given the context of the shrines and the monks still being within them in a form of stasis, I don't think the trial was magically set up 10,000 years ago to work in the current day. The trial was likely different in the distant past, but then the Hinoxes took over the region and stole the orbs, so the trial was changed to reflect that.

• Quote from Khao: “Anyway, talking about Divine Beast quests, I'm approaching my first Divine Beast on my Master Mode playthrough so... You guys know how much of the quest lines I can actually complete, while still getting the Blight Ganon boss rush at Hyrule Castle? Can I get inside the dungeon? Is there a way to fight the Blight Ganons in their respective dungeons, and then a second time at the Castle? Or should I not even approach the Divine Beasts at all if I want the boss rush and the fully-…

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Feranel: “I dont think the 3DS is gonna last that long. ” I absolutely agree. Why are you assuming I was talking about 3DS? Switch has a lot of games coming out that aren't traditional "console" games since it is a hybrid. I think we will get a smaller budget top-down Zelda on Switch to carry us over until we get a second 3D Zelda on Switch.

• Quote from Feranel: “Ya for instance I expected more of that owl dude. Botw has some pretty amazing character designs but on the other side its a shame a lot of these creatively designed characters are not incorporated enough in the game. Apart from the 4 dead Champions which are already in the games spotlight but still lack enough attention to make them memorable like OOT's characters, other amazing characters models like the 4 "new Champions" and characters like Khoga, King Dorephan, Rito Owl …

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Feranel: “I dont think most people of the Zelda team already are working on other projects. Sure a part is but I still believe the bigger part of the team was already working on the DLC. Because Botw is such an ambitious project and I just know Nintendo is not done with it just yet. Also the DLC 2 will again require work from all kinds of specialities. Seeing Aonuma already showing off bits and details of the DLC 2 pack, makes me think they will again promote this bigtime since it wil…

• Yeah, here's hoping we get a bit more development for Teba. Zelda is seen going towards the Flight Range, and that's where Teba said he was taking his kid.

• DLC story holiday 2017

Quote from Feranel: “Probably since last year September or so. I believe the original game was finished long before the Switchs March release and shortly after E3 2016. Well apart from tweaking, debugging, fixing some last minut stuff to make the game run better etc. I think the team of 100 people (divided in smaller teams who each have their own speciality) was mostly already focusing on the dlc. For example the artist team who were obviously already done creating the arts of the original game,…