Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I'll tell you what, I stunk something fierce at Cadence of Hyrule out of the gate. But once I became familiar with the movement/tempo correlation, clearing out a screen of enemies (or in the case of my most recent playthrough, my first boss) is often one of the more satisfying accomplishments I've experienced in a game in quite some time.

• Quote from Topaz Mutiny: “Check out paleontology if you really want a deep dive into fickle science. It’s probably one of the most in-flux sciences out there, due to the enormous gaps of information and tiny details being discovered all the time (and misinformation spread by entertainment media...). In the span of this decade T. Rex alone has gone from scaly to full-feathered to scaly again to maybe a bit of residual fuzz like an elephant or fully scaly it’s hard to say. And people get seriously…

• Quote from John: “What we can hope for is an actual official explanation from someone who actually knows what was going on here, and, if it turns out to be a mistranslation that can be fixed, then fixing it. ” The truest authority on this subject is Hideaki Anno himself, and he is notorious for upholding Evangelion's ambiguity. I doubt he would ever clarify, as he's always seemed to take a lot of pride in the franchise being open to interpretation.

• I'm not saying this with any kind of confidence, but per a Twitter thread, it's possible that the original Japanese script doesn't plainly imply romantic feelings. twitter.com/colorofsakura/status/1142082938856775682 Quote: “"To be fair “好き” “suki” can mean “like”. I think Kaworu says it in a way to show a deep caring for Shinji, and Shinji uses suki the same way towards the end of the episode when talking about Kaworu. But I’m not Japanese so take it for what you will" "he actually uses “koi” 恋…

• Being a gigantic hypocrite has never stopped Trump from doing/saying anything while as president, but he is definitely approaching a quandary. He seems to realize that initiating extended warfare with Iran will be seriously damaging to his public approval, but so many of his most trusted advisors are pushing for him to engage. Hell, a good chunk of his voter base would agree with it if he pushed the narrative that he was 'defending patriotic, freedom-loving America from those evil foreigners' an…

• Quote from KeeSomething: “I want Ganondorf to be a corpse who slowly absorbs the flesh of victims (descendants of those who sealed him away) throughout the game until he is fully human, ala Imhotep from The Mummy (1999). ” Okay but if he lays a single finger on Riju I'll literally, physically kill him. Not in the game. In real life.

• The Nintendo Switch

Mirren - - General Gaming

Quote from Vulpes: “Just watched the Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer... I'm pretty disappointed. It's clearly a Dark Moon successor. ” Yes and no. It's definitely taking after Dark Moon in terms of multiplayer functionality, but the single player is designed to be more free range rather than mission based, which Dark Moon largely was.

• The Nintendo Switch

The next 7 months are the most stacked in terms of software that I can remember a Nintendo console being in probably four generations.

• The Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Maker 2 will have a post-launch update that lets you play online with friends

• Quote from Cornelius Fudge: “Wow, no one here has mentioned Monster Hunter World: IceBorne? Are you guys not Monster Hunter fans?! Am I the only sane one here??!!! ” Glavenus

• Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Mirren: “My favorite aversion to socialized medicine is the fear that it'll mean we have to wait weeks on end to see a doctor. As if our current state of healthcare means that Americans get to see a doctor the very hour they seek one. Spoiler alert - THEY OFTEN DON'T. ” But doesn't that make their point even stronger? If the waiting is already long now, it will only get longer if people can waltz there nilly willy. ” I wouldn't quite say so, because more…

• We got thousands of people killed and spent billions in pursuit of revenge for 9/11, but our government apparently cannot pay to treat the people immediately affected by that attack. Shameful, disgusting, appalling. There's a lot of accurate terms to describe our government's handling of this. Quote from HeroOfTime5: “Quote from Mirren: “My favorite aversion to socialized medicine is the fear that it'll mean we have to wait weeks on end to see a doctor. As if our current state of healthcare mean…

• Yeah I'm gonna do a number on my wallet in the near future. Super Mario Maker 2 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Fire Emblem: Three Houses Astral Chain Daemon X Machina Link's Awakening Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition Pokemon Shield Doom Eternal Trials of Mana Gods & Monsters BREATH OF THE WILD SEQUEL AHHHHH I CAN'T HANDLE IT Not including that I definitely want to play Ghostwire, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Tales of Arise, Ori and…

• E3 2019: Nintendo Direct

Quote from Cornelius Fudge: “Quote from Mirren: “I know both games have already been mentioned, but holy shit do Astral Chain and DAEMON X MACHINA look awesome. ” I'm glad someone else here is excited for Daemon X Machina. I haven't played the demo myself and despite what people have said about it, I think the game looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to play Astral Chains as well knowing that Platinum Games is making it. I still can't believe Astral Chains is coming out in a couple of months. ”…

I know both games have already been mentioned, but holy shit do Astral Chain and DAEMON X MACHINA look awesome.

The No More Heroes games are complete riots. I'm stoked for this new one already.

Quote from Vulpes: “Wolf Link was great and the twilight segments alone were better than the entirety of Skyward Sword. ” Agreed 100% on that first part, but can't agree on the vitriol for Skyward Sword haha.

Nintendo just ANNIHILATED E3.

53552592-WWE_D-Generation-X_The_Return_Teaser_Shawn_Michaels_Triple_H_original.jpg

• E3 2019: Ubisoft Press Conference

Gods and Monsters -- hey, if Nintendo won't make another Kid Icarus game, you've got my money, Ubisoft. Seriously that game seems like a delight.

The creatures, Pikmin, and such in Pikmin 3 usually weren't anything out of the ordinary, but the environments in that game were pretty damn gorgeous.

• My favorite aversion to socialized medicine is the fear that it'll mean we have to wait weeks on end to see a doctor. As if our current state of healthcare means that Americans get to see a doctor the very hour they seek one. Spoiler alert - THEY OFTEN DON'T.

Nintendo has a real chance to come away as the standout presenter this E3. I think they're going to bombard us with great content tomorrow morning.

• I remember ZU when...

Mirren - - General Chit-Chat

My memory is either stupidly good or completely shot... But I remember @Kazan best as having no avatar or sig

• For a single dev, that was a solid conference. Not every piece of software is landmark, but they showed off some really good stuff in there. Ghostwire looks dope as hell.

• Keanu is legitimately one of the hottest celebrities going right now. I wish I could have seen my reaction to him during the Cyberpunk 2077 segment. That could very well be my moment of the show when E3 is said and done. But I gotta be honest, I think Microsoft missed a big opportunity to capitalize on Sony's absence. If I had to make an analogy, they had all the potential in the world to hit a home run, and they only hit a double.

• I'll lose it if Scorbunny's final evolution is just a hare from the Long Patrol in Redwall latest Quote from Jackos: “That one episode with the gigantic Jigglypuff, Gengar and Alakazam. Not really interested in the games, just pointing out they've already used titanic versions of regular mons. ” Oh yeah that's right! The Gengar and Alakazam were ancient entities or something and were in some never-ending battle with each other.

• Quote from Lucretia: “who cares if its a gimmick if its fun ” The Godzilla and all around Kaiju fanatic in me loves this gimmick.

• Quote from Khao: “Getting rid of routes in place for a more open area, with visible wild Pokémon and shit? That's actually huge. Or is it just a single area disconnected from the world that you go in just for shits and giggles? Cause that'd be a good way to ruin it. ” If you look at the map of the new region, several spots throughout the countryside were seen in the new trailer today. That area with the lakes, the more arid region with the withered trees and dust storm, that gulf with the ice is…

• I actually like these legendaries a lot. The shield one looks like he's got a giant mane, and the metallic nature of it sort of reminds of Metal Garurumon from Digimon. He might be my pick between the two. So long as this gen keeps the legendaries to a minimum, I think we'll be in good shape.

• I am stupidly hyped for these games now.

• Quote from Max N.: “Oh, and: I want Yoshiaki Koizumu, and Kensuke Tanabe, and Takashi Tezuka to work together on a Zelda game again. No Miyamoto. No Aonuma. ” You're like, three years older than me but we might as well be from different generations

• The Nintendo Switch

Yeah, unfortunately if you didn't get Castlevania ReBirth during those Wii years, there's no other way to play it right now. They really need to release that on newer channels. That was a solid little game with terrific sprite work, a mean challenge, and some really good bosses.

• Yeah, to get the most out of this one you need to see it in a theater. This would be the rare outing, in my opinion, where IMAX tech is maximized. The sound design in this movie is awesome, and the score is badass.

• So Godzilla: King of the Monsters is definitely closer to what general audiences wanted out of the 2014 movie. It's epic in scope. It's occasionally very dumb. And the monsters are magnificently realized. Oooof, Ghidorah is an absolute savage in this. If you're a diehard Kaiju fan, or you want to see a blockbuster where the big, destructive monsters are in the spotlight, you should enjoy it.

• Quote from Winnie: “Yes, all dogs go to heaven so that’s where I plan to go. I may have to spend awhile in purgatory for being judgy now and then. Or for being selfish and not thinking of others as much as I should. And for vowing to never ever pick up hitchhikers for fear they will murder me. Or for leaving honest yet not nice reviews of companies when they are bad... ” Oh for the love of God, if you're going to spend a while in purgatory, I'm going straight to hell.

• Among every other reason why arming teachers is the stupidiest ****ing thing in the world, 2nd amendment rights only apply to white peeps

• Post your Zelda tiers

Mirren - - General Zelda

@Lady Sunshine the word "womp" will never not make me laugh zeldatierlist.png In my mind, 3D Zelda is the major leagues, 2D Zelda is the minors #sorrynotsorry

• LS Photography 2.0

Mirren - - Creative Corner

I love the splotches of different color and the glittering texture over Dratini's body. In my mind, it gives a sense of her surroundings; her wet scales suggesting that she was just submerged, and the reflections implying some kind of bright light source nearby. Not sure if that's what you were going for or if I'm reading too much into it, but the fact that you could potentially convey environment with a white background is impressive.

• Quote from Max N.: “Where can I buy a physical copy like the ones I see you selling in that pic? ” I'm on Amazon!