Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Ya, so just realised I never annunced the last ellimination:P. hyrule lost the challenge and thus had to vote one member off. Thor odinson: 3 Rana: 1 Kiran the Legend: 1 Thor Odinson, the tribe has spoken. Please pack your bags and leave the imaginary island house. You are the weakest link, you're fired. ---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ---------- As well, you may have noticed, we're taking a little break for the holidays. Both so the members can focus o…

• My draft for lacrosse is tonight. Rationally not expecting to get picked at all, but trying hard not to get my hopes up too high. Really excited

• Pani, your pics of felix always make me miss my rabbits, but I'm so glad to see you're enjoying having a bunny as much as I did! They're really one of the best animals you can have:)

• Quote from Peekay: “link's clothes from windwaker! ;p outset.png” Wow, I never realised that was a lobster on his shirt...must have been one of those subliminal things I picked up without realising.

• What is that design from? I recognise it and am too tired right now to think about it.

• Burger Doness

Mattocks - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from ERROR372: “Right, I wouldn't say the juices are escaping onto the plate, but it shouldn't be tough, dry, or chewy. Well-done doesn't mean jerky =P” Fair, but "juciy" also is not a fitting term for it. No meat should ever be dry and/or tough (unless it actually is jerky), but comparitavely speaking to a rare steak, well done would seem very dry and tough. Quote: “I assume you mean me saying that I've been told there is not blood in cuts of meat. I dunno exactly, been told it's just wat…

• Burger Doness

Lol, well in all honesty, I have to admit, if I were to eat just the burger patty, I'd probably find that I enjoy the flavour more, the texture would be something else. But as I've said before, I find that with a bun, condements and other things on the burger, all I notice is the texture of the rare meat, but the flavour is too jumbled up with everything else to be enjoyed. Also why I don't like putting much more than salt and pepper on my steak and maybe dipping in a touch of BBQ sauce.

• Burger Doness

Quote from ERROR372: “I respectfully disagree. As I said in my post, well-done simply means no pink the middle. Just look at the definitions for it: well-done - definition of well-done by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia. No mention whatsoever of dryness, juices (or lack thereof). Simply just, cooked thoroughly and no pink in the middle. That's it.” It doesn't say anything about colour either. It just says cooked all the way through. "Meat cooked well done will feel quite f…

• Burger Doness

Quote from ERROR372: “I like my steaks, burgers, etc all well done. I've actually found it to have *more* flavor than anything else. I absolutely *HATE* when people tell me that I "ruin a good steak" by cooking it well-done. No, obviously you've never learned how to cook a steak properly. When you properly cook a steak well-done, it is still juicy, it is still flavorful, it is not dry, and it is not tough. Well-done means no pink, not charred to a crisp -_-” No...by deffinitiona well done steak …

• Burger Doness

Well as I said, it's in place for pretty legitimate food safety concerns. It doesn't take much mishandling for food born illness to prosper, especially E. Coli (the main concern in beef). Every little bit does a lot to help cut down on dangerous food.

• CLAX I've apparently been put int he draft for that on the 28th.

• Nesi, it looks good on you, but I still haven't gotten used to your short hair:P

• Burger Doness

Well I can't argue much past what my chefs told me in school, so, whatever. I think the main point of all this is that the guy who wrote that article is a dumbass:P.

• Your Interesting Hobbies

Quote from Golddron Sex: “Quite the same for me! It was great being able to grow our own vegetables and know exactly what we were getting as far as nutrients go. We raised chickens and ducks as well (completely free range, except in the winter when all they got was cracked corn), so there was always an abundance of natural fertilizer. I think to start myself off in this new area, I'll focus on just a few things like chile peppers and tomatoes until I figure out the odds and ends of things here. …

• Burger Doness

It's what I was taught in school by some of the top chefs in the country, and my experience has shown it to be true.

• Burger Doness

Quote from FattyNatty: “I've seen grocery store ground beef red on the outside and grey on the inside. I trust freshly ground beef cooked medium rare. But grocery store or fast food restaurant ground beef I want cooked though.” And what exactly do you consider "freshly ground beef"?

• Burger Doness

Beef will only turn grey when it oxidizes. The inside of a burger doesn't oxidize. It's not subjective. In fact colour is one of the best ways to tell the doness of meat. ---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ---------- It also turns grey when it cooks...but I'm sure everyone knew what I meant

• Burger Doness

Quote from FattyNatty: “At restaurants, I've eaten raw fish, beef and eggs, also medium pork and hamburgers. I've never been sick from any of these. However with raw and undercooked products I always select things that I trust for quality.” Most people won't get sick because there are pretty good standards for food safety. However the chances of getting sick form it are MUCH higher when it's not fully cooked, especially for ground meat. Quote: “As the article hints at, I'd never ask for a mcdona…

• Burger Doness

Quote from Galedeep: “I'm also not sure about this whole "no pinkness at 160F" thing. The burgers I've gotten at Burger Priest and P&L Burger have both had a bit of pink to them still, and there's no way they were under 160F all the way through. Same goes for when I've grilled some higher-quality burgers at home. I've taken the internal temperature and hit 160F - then I take a bit and there's still some pink in there. I wouldn't say it tastes rare, by any means, but the colour is there.” Honestl…

• Rheks, you always look really pretty in your pics, but that jump dives right out of pretty and into hot!:P

• Burger Doness

^ya, that article mentions exactly what I was talking about. So long as the inside isn't contaminated, it's fine, but anything contacting the outside and moving through the meat will contaminate the rest.

• Burger Doness

Steaks I like rare to med-rare. But like I mentioned, the texture of uncooked ground meat to be is disgusting, and on a hanmburger I don't really notice the difference in taste since there's other stuff on there too.

• Burger Doness

Actually, more meats than you think are like beef in that regard. Pork is now safe to be cooked as low as med-rare because trichanosis has pretty much been eliminated, and that was the biggest concern (but bear meat still often contains it). Having said that, I'm not a fan of med-rare pork:P. Really, poultry is the only meat that really HAS to be cooked all the way through, though others are recomended (like fish less than sushi grade I'd cook well done). It drives me crazy when I get an order f…

• Burger Doness

Working in kitchens as long as I have (especially sports bar kitchens), you conme across a lot of requests for things such as a medium rare hamburger. Now, some places in the world, this is alright, or even normal. In Ontario (and I think most of Canada) it is illegal to serve ground meat anything less than well done. I just came across this article written by a guy complaining about the law preventing ground meat from being under cooked. It really pissed me off, not because of the opinion, but …

• After losing the immunity challenge, Termina has to vote a member out of the tribe. The votes have been tallied. Anathema: 2 Advance: 1 Interestingdrug: 4 Interestingdrug, the tribe has spoken, your banner will be removed as soon as Liah has the opportunity.

• Quote from Kiran the Legend: “I'll agree to disagree. Graphic novels may have the same 'style' as comics in terms of the use of panels, however the packaging, storytelling, and chapters, really differentiate graphic novels from comics. Hence why back in the day, on manga volumes in English, it would say on the bottom 'Shonen Jump Graphic Novel' as opposed to 'Shonen Jump Comic'. This was later changed to 'Shonen Jump Manga', but my point still stands.” As John mentioned there's TDKR, among other…

• So it seems with one vote, Hyrule has won this...sad, immunity challenge. That measn they will be voting out the first member of thier tribe.

• Quote from John: “ What other distinction ever matters? Especially when it comes to something as subjective as entertainment. If all personal opinion must be removed from the discussion of entertainment then there's nothing left to talk about.” I think what is means is that personal feeling doesn't have an impact on it being a comic or not. For example just because a fan of rock music, think it's better than techno, or get a different feeling from it, doesn't mean techno isn't music. The Avatar …

• Were you using a dull knife?

• Quote from Kiran the Legend: “Actually manga aren't comics, they are graphic novels. Which are completely different in style and aesthetics. ” See my first post. Graphic novels are basically long comics, or a compilation of issues telling a larger story. A single issue of a manga is not a graphic novel, it's a comic book.

• Quote from Mattocks: “ (And no, current tribe members may NOT vote).” Raise your hand if you can read.

• Guys, come out and support our tribes in ZUrvivor! Vote for the winner of the third immunity challenge here!

• Anyone following this event, make sure you go vote for a winner! zeldauniverse.net/forums/commu…d-immunity-challenge.html

• Hey ZU! Some of you may be following what's going on in ZUrvivor. If you are, then you know that the tribes are currently in thier third immunity challenge of the game. So far, Hyrule has lost the first two, leaving them short handed against the Termina tribe. This challeneg each tribe was tasked with creating a poster or brochure advertising thier tourism in thier tribe. Going into this challeneg, Termina had an added advantage of being able to see Hyrule's sub forum, as they won the previous r…

• Quote from Khao: “Funny thing, the distinction apparently doesn't even exist in Japan, they call all cartoons anime, and all comics manga, maybe adding a "western" if they specifically want to talk about about non-japanese stuff. What about comparing Dragon Ball with something like Lucky Star, or any other 4-koma manga?” According to wikipedia "manga" can actually reffer to animation as well in Japan, so there's even less distinction than what you mention:P. Quote from Uzuki Cheverie: “@OP: Yes,…

• Deku Shield replica

Mattocks - - Classic Zelda

If you're ever to make another one, I'd recomend trying to use a chisel for the outter edges as well, and stain them a bit lighter as if the bark on that park as been chipped away. That's the main thing that seems off about it to me. It's too smooth and refined. The edges should look almost like beaver wood. deku-shield.jpg But don't get me wrong, I still think you did a great job, impressive.

• Deku Shield replica

Mattocks - - Classic Zelda

Looks pretty god, what's it made of?

• Quote from Kol Gaines: “*flinches* As an avid reader of manga, I would disagree with you on principle. American comics are insanely disjointed in their storytelling, with each issue having its own story within its pages. Allowing multiple authors to tell the tale sends things spiraling out of control trying to keep the continuity consistant. Manga keeps the story in the control of the original creator and the story stays consistant throughout. As for animation, obviously there is a difference in…

• For the thirs immunity challenge, the tribes will be charges with creating a poster to attract people to thier thribe. I've left the creativity up to them. Will they be a glorius resort, or will they be a small tribe trying to expand? This challenge is going to be decided by you users. There will be a voting period after the tribes are done, for all of you to vote for which poster you think is more convincing.

• Kind of the things I've been driving at since the start...