Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • All you need to do, is do a couple of Kakariko sidequests to unlock the shrine quest with the Sheikah Heirloom (that orb next to Impa). Flown The Coup, the one with the fireflies, and i think the great fairy fountain pic with Pikango. The Fireflies one: go see Lasil in her house at night (its one of the farthest back in the village.) and she'll whinge about not being able to see the fireflies. Just let five fireflies free in her house and she gives you some rupees. If you did the other quests, g…

• Im not a boy. I find it very hard to relate to male protagonists period, not just children. I relate more to Zelda than i do Link most of the time. I mean, its hard for me to feel what the character may say or react because such may be a completely different thought process than myself or anyone like me. A male protagonist in a video game is often horribly heteronormative and will start reacting to female characters in a way i find a bit unrelatable. A male child protagonist may react in a way t…

• Laying down playing games at the end of a really long day. Talking to friends about hilarious stuff. Swedish heavy metal. Tacos. Taking in the beauty of everyday things like an alley way, or a particularly stylish car window. Seeing the alt-right crash and burn where everyone can see it. Birds cleaning themselves. You know, everyday lovely things.

• I dont relate to Abe any more than i relate to Snake. Meaning, i fucking dont. I dont give a damn about tradition or realism, i just want want a protagonist that i can really relate to. Young girls are easier for me to relate to. If i had to play as a kid, let it be a young girl. 2536615-trailer_childoflight_vita_20140520.jpg Aurora here (of Child of Light) is more relatable to me than a male bunny protag. (as cute as he could be) She may be a fairy princess of sorts, but shes still relatable to…

• Someone who is so unwilling to listen to reason and reputable news sources and calls SNOPES biased. Come on, Snopes? Thats a special kind of delusional right there. Next shes gonna say that you cant read Reuter's because of some biased slant. All the while posting really bs health articles, and Very Obviously Right Wing Biased sources for shit that didnt happen. tumblr_n5fohn1SPH1qf454qo1_100.png Oh, and this one goon thinking he can mansplain to me about the Ghostship fire tragedy. Oh fuck off …

• Im in my mid-30s. I cannot relate to a ten year old protagonist as much anymore. Playing Pokemon is a bit irritating because of this. How come i have to be an 11 year old kid and not a grownup that just wants a pokemon adventure? To be fair though, i also have a hard time relating to a 20 year old male protagonist. I just really want more protags that are adult women. Its why the game, The Cat Lady stuck out to me. The protagonist was a woman well over 40. I could actually relate to her. A lot. …

• Quote from Ty.: “There's this Duke Nukem 3D World Tour game on PS4 I just played through the other day. Like, I know Duke was great in the 90's. But Duke has not aged well, and the humour is pretty flat as honestly, in some spots, offensive and/or annoying. Duke is a nice relic of the past. I can play it for nostalgia, but it's hard to even enjoy the old ones these days, honestly. For me anyway. So yeah, I dunno if this is actually the popular or unpopular opinion, but Duke needs to be laid (lol…

• Quote from Abyss Master: “Ocarina of Time 3D is in nearly all respects the definitive version of the game, but it does have one shortcoming where the original actually overtakes it. Summarized in one word: Atmosphere. To see what I mean, behold these two screenshot comparisons: OoT-Comparison-10-Small.jpg upxkWCL.png Ocarina of Time 3D's visuals are not just remastered. They are also quite a bit brighter and sharper, and the framerate has been bumped up. And while these are usually considered en…

• Quote from Silver: “To me, a wealthy black woman has significantly more privilege than a poor white man (though obviously not nearly as much as a rich white man). ” i really disagree with this considering the poor white man wont be subject to all the restrictions and harassment that comes with being a woman of color. Which is really gnarly, wealthy or not. She may be able to afford eating organic and be able to make ends meet, but he doesnt have to walk around in fear of just about everyone arou…

• Quote from Miss Poe: “You need to work on your grammar. ” lmao i really do. My Swedish is still in that "wtf is that syntax even" stage. Quote from Miss Poe: “Negative thing: Since we're on the subject of language I must say I cannot stand how English-speakers pronounce words with Å, Ä and Ö in them. You CAN'T pretend that Ö is an O and that Ä or Å is an A. They are their own letters in the alphabet. Learn them. It really baffles me because when I was in school I got to learn aaaaall letters. Ev…

• Quote from Khao: “Getting sick of people assuming I'm never busy and can drop everything I'm doing immediately and without notice for whatever reason. It's one of the few true downsides of working at home. ” Omg T H I S. I know this well

• Quote from john_marston: “I'll trade you Harry Potter for Symphony of the Night ” Dream on, sputnik

• Quote from Miss Poe: “Quote from ClockTownResident: “People who say "like" all the time "So I was like going to school like at 8 am and then class started like" ” I just had to... like this. xD Anyway, I hate the Swedish version of "like" as well. That's "bah" if anyone wonders. It's really annoying hearing people (mainly girls) throw that word around. What bothers me even more is that I use it quite alot as well. xP *Plot-twist* ” Bah, Jag inte ens. Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Ora…

• Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Loki Laufeyson - - General Gaming

well my point was that yours isnt necessarily an unpopular opinion. People outside collectors and hardcore fans, usually dont care or dont want them.

• Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “I don't care for Amiibos I think is a unpoplular opinion. Like ever where you go on the internet people talk about new Amiibos coming out. I only have the wolf one that came with TP HD and that is it. I fell like they are a waste of money. ” Most people buy them for the sake of having merch of their favorite characters/games, instead of really having them for game content. If people are buying them for game content, i feel like thats when it really becomes a waste. I…

• Quote from JayCee: “Wrong. You obviously haven't played Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone latest ” I seriously need this game in my life. The PS1 version. If someone has one for sale, please let me know. I need...for science. And that Draco Malfoy hilarity. I love the PS1 cuz that was a good fucking time for JRPGs, my dudes. Most of my PS1 games are JRPGs. I have the Final Fantasy games (sans VIII cuz fuck that game) and Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Legend of Mana, Breath of…

• PoR's rendered animated cutscenes were glorious for its time tho. Anyway, preordered my FE Echoes today. Im stupidly hyped for that. A fresh take on Gaiden? Yes please. Newly designed Celica? Yes please. Keeping the Gaiden dungeon crawl AWW YESS PLEASE

• Seren, you are glorious. This was about two weeks ago but LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BIRB 15895229_1419982261347997_4828285115313502174_n.jpg and me getting cozy with my friend Ed i hadnt seen in ages. 15895161_1418546548158235_1186005106884963692_n.jpg yeah goofy selfies

• Quote from Mirren: “Gonna pull from an editorial I wrote years back - (Click to set source) Quote: “Castle Town excessively demonstrates how repulsive the character is in so many of Hyrule’s inhabitants. You’re not allowed to enter a shop because your boots are said to be too dirty. Prices on just about any good are ludicrously expensive. The local doctor scoffs at those who treat others for no fee and apparently discriminates against certain races different from Hylians. One man, Jovani, was tu…

• Quote from Takanuva: “Nintendo is horrendously crappy with preorders and can't manage proper product releases to save their lives. They produce good games and hardware, but everything else sucks. They announce something, and it's impossible to get. I wanted an NES mini, but they only gave 10 to each store and haven't restocked anything. Now they're ridiculously expensive. I wanted a Majora's Mask limited edition n3DS XL, even though they never bothered to release the standard n3DS in America, bu…

• the weather vomited snow everywhere and that meant it was too unsafe to make the journey to the Bay Area to march in various protests. Argle bargle

• Ive been learning my shit about edibles and patience is a virtue lmao. YES JP, TELL THEM ABOUT THE COOKIES. MWAHAHAHA THEY ARE LIKELY TO NOT KNOW THEIR SHIT....

• Quote from JP the Neurotic: “It happens like everyday. If it ws once and while I wouldnt mind but its everyday . I should yell at them but i dont want to cause uneccessary drama. ” Tell them about edibles because stinking up the place with their stanky ass shit bud (cuz good shit doesnt reek like that) is ass and unclassy. And if they want to be ass and unclassy, thats gross and you want no part of it. Hell, let me at em. I have a huge issue with people utterly and intentionally disrespecting ot…

• Gaming is better than ever

Gaming IS better than ever because i can choose more than ever. 10/15 years ago, i couldnt play some surrealist weirdo game with a woo woo soundtrack and Salvador Dali graphics and go "man, this is like, art, breh." I couldnt just trade pokemon with a rando in Australia at 11pm and feeling damn good about it because i finally got that goddamn pokemon with bullshit encounter rate. I couldnt play a super cinematic game on the BART back then either. Now i can do all of those things. I can have heap…

• The fact that everyone is excited about Breath of the Wild and the Switch, but i cant see past the astronomical cost that it will be for me to play this game. Like its going to cost probably 500 dollars to even play the damn thing because i dont have a Wii U and no sense in getting one now. So that means the Switch. That shit isnt gonna be cheap and the game is gonna be like 60 or 70 dollars. I cannot freaking tell you how hard it is to justify spending that kind of money on a video game. Especi…

• Im playing Pokemanz Moon but waffling between Lego Harry Potter games on PC. (which look very different on the PC version than they do on the Wii) Im still rocking Animal Crossing New Leaf and Happy Home Designer on the side too.

• Dark and full of terrors. Id be here for ages naming all the junk in my steam backlog.

• Quote from IUHoosiersFan: “And Witcher 2 doesn't explain basic mechanics, making the prologue almost unplayable. ” SO IT WASNT JUST ME! I could NOT figure out this game to save my soul because its prologue wasnt telling me how to play. Its like "oi! Im still new to these controller layouts, and i never played a Witcher game before, cut me a break, meat!" I only use guides when i get stuck.

• When frand takes a thousand years to respond to a question i asked in text message. Argle bargle

• Fight against the oppression that is evident and impending in my nation. Oh yes, i will be like i was in 1996, out doing footwork for a cause. Online activism isnt enough, especially now. *whispers* REVOLUTION

• im of the old guard, the people who played the original LoZ and made maps and found Level 5 before finding Level 3 and got stomped but went back for more. Im that person who makes a bee line to Thieves' Town after doing the Dark Eastern Palace in ALttP. Im that one who wants to see whats way over there on the other side of the field/overworld before progressing to the next (supposed) area in sequence. I dont want to be railroaded. Its kind of the problem some folks had with Zelda II back in the …

• The Spirit Temple is bomb with atmosphere that cannot be denied. The music is amazing and i just love the feel of the place. I love how you go from a child section to an adult section. The lead up to the boss is the best thing ever. The boss fight is great.

• INCOMING HUGE ASS POST OF PICS! I havent shared in a while so here... Friday, i got to meet Anne Rice at a book signing and O M G it was magical. Shes my life long hero basically. You know that one person who inspired you and shaped your life in some way due to the media they created? That one figure who made you make up your mind on what you wanted to do with your life? Yeah thats Anne Rice for me. Anyway...PICS (Hidden Content) It really was super special. Im so glad i did that. Later that nig…

• *hugs Ty* The media coverage of that fire in Oakland that killed so many people...the media has a tendency to do a shit ton of victim shaming and going on about "code violations" and how "no one should have been inhabiting this structure, let alone have any sort of party." or calling it a "rave". Excuse me, but i need to get this out of my system: F U C K O F F. Had there not been a gentrification/housing crisis in the area, and the upkeep of large structures being ridiculously and impossibly ex…

• This update means i can HHD style decorate and omg you guys. YOU GUYS. Like, this is why i love HHD so much. Its easy to move stuff around and put stuff on stuff more and some of the cool items that HHD had. Like the wood plank table. I hope the simple panel and the glass partition are a thing cuz o h y e s. I also love amiibo cards and i have been customizing my town to be more the way i want. Having a couple of Zelda amiibo meant i got Wolf Link and Medli and those two are great. I love being …

• My nation's health care plan is going to be repealed. Congrats, America. Congrats on destroying yourself.

• ^breh theres a picture of Romani Ranch in Cremia's room with a UFO too. Its great.

• No no, hun, the PLOT and stuff seemed fine. It reminded me a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics. The art style is actually what drew me to try to play this to begin with. i also didnt get that far, but like i said, the writing and everything wasnt what made me bored af. The gameplay is what left me feel wanting and made me bored. I had an unpleasant feeling of deja vu. Conjuring up images of playing an RPG and distinctly not having fun and feeling bewildered and annoyed. The funny part is, i cant even…

• Girls are superior in Awakening because a lot of them get GALEFORCE. it is known

• Oh the whole "everyone can support everyone but especially the avatar" part of the current support system is rubbish, i agree. Cuz it causes generalized and generic supports. And the S supports can come out of freaking nowhere. So if we brought limited supports/pairings back but allowed for the allocation of them to be like they are now, omg it would be so bomb. High quality support convos that would make sense regarding the characters involved.