Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I finally finished watching all 13 seasons of IASIP (season 14 isn’t up yet), and it was great. Right now I’m watching The Chef Show and I absolutely loved the Robert Rodriguez episode

• Wealth Inequality

ibLeo - - Internet: Serious Business

@Please Understand: Your premise is dubious and even if we assumed it as right, your conclusions would be wrong. Jeff Bezos and Amazon’s claim to have benefited the planet is debateable at best. As an employer, Amazon is THE single most notorious slavedriver in the entire IT sector. Ask literally anyone who has ever worked for them. Amazon is of virtually no benefit to its workers and pays them peanuts for the amount of work they do. “But that’s worth it if it benefits the customer”, perhaps you…

• Wealth Inequality

Quote from Please Understand: “Working a lot doesn't necessarily get rewarded because the work might be so simple that a simple automaton can do it, so you are basically fully disposable. If you are not doing something that actually requires a degree of skill and knowledge that cannot be done by anyone else in the world, the amount of work itself doesn't matter. Bezos might not have to work again in his life, but he took risks in order to get there, and has given work to thousands of people arou…

• Wealth Inequality

RE: the earlier conversation about the British attitude towards the European identity, I can corroborate anecdotally that most Brits I talk to seem to reject the idea of being part of a shared European culture. British people tend to have the opinion that Britain and Ireland are “intertwined” in a way that is very culturally separate from Europe. I’ve literally had a conversation with a former RAF man where he said, almost verbatim, that there was a connection between the UK and Ireland that the…

• (Hidden Content)

• Quote from MORPHRELINK: “After the Universal Power Struggle the Infinity wars Movies have been, the bar has been set to such a high point that one would need to introduce the multiverse just to keep upping the ante. ” Marvel Studios has previously noted that you can’t keep upping the ante. The key to Marvel’s success is that the stakes aren’t necessarily HIGH but they are invariably PERSONAL. The fate of the world wasn’t at stake in Civil War; just Bucky’s life and several friendships. It was ju…

• In all fairness, everybody else who’s ever owned that lightsaber upgraded to a brand new one at some stage. Anakin upgraded to red and Luke upgraded to green.

• Quote from Please Understand: “That's not what's happening. People are criticizing a movie they don't like. They don't want to write the story themselves. They just want a story that doesn't suck by a writer that isn't a total hack. ” In my opinion we got one. Unless your opinion is more important than mine?

• So I was waiting to see who would mention it but nobody did: Jessica Jones Season 3 will air in June youtu.be/aFGm_E9UeBE Hopefully it gets a good ending

• The disparity is because what Johnson did is so critic-friendly. It’s the Star Wars equivalent of Oscar bait. - Meta-textual commentary on George Lucas’s fall from grace and an affirmation of how all future success that Star Wars has will have him to thank (among many others) - Deconstruction of tired tropes: the plays-by-his-own-rules loose cannon actually gets people killed; the tightass CO who insists on doing things by the book isn’t an antagonist to be fought; unlike Vader, bad guys don’t u…

• No, it doesn’t. It has a reasonable amount of flaws. Avengers: Endgame had inconsistencies in how it’s time travel worked, but this didn’t make critics cry WORST MOVIE EVARRR

• Quote from KiraBBYamato: “No?” You sure? Quote from Please Understand: “Err, no, that isn't the reason why it sucked, but it IS the reason why it is so celebrated by most journos. ... They are not actually gonna mention it on the review (well, in most cases anyway), it's just that the film gets bonus points for that by default ”

• OK so apparently we’re having the TLJ debate again. This time, the debate is about race, and about how race affects opinions in good ways but never ever in bad ways, obviously! I feel smarter already.

• NB: “Cymru” is the Welsh word for Wales

• In an alternate take from Infinity War, Thanos elaborates: STARK: You throw another moon at me an I’m gonna lose it. THANOS: Stark. STARK: How do you know my name? THANOS: I know your soul. It is much like mine: cursed with knowledge. STARK: My only curse is you. Thanos also used the Soul Stone to counter Strange’s mob of clones.

• Brexit still isn’t done yet; what’s the betting that BoJo declines to run for leadership again?

• As usual with comic books, the answer is “Ghost Rider is always exactly as powerful as the writers need him to be”. How the Penance Stare works depends on what the writer thinks would be cool. Originally Ghost Rider was only triggered in the presence of those with blood on their hands, in which case the transformation happened involuntarily. The Rider has some inbuilt guiltdar. The Penance Stare usually only causes you to feel the pain and suffering you’ve inflicted on your victims, and the Ride…

• Emily van Camp and Daniel Brühl in talks for Falcon & the Winter Soldier six-episode miniseries I’m gonna be so annoyed if they kill Zemo off

• Honestly not sure. Everyone named Skywalker that we know about is dead, currently. The most popular theories are: - Rey is secretly a Skywalker (I really hope not) - Rey starts a new Jedi order, only instead of Jedi knights, they're called Skywalkers - Ben Solo redeems himself and adopts the name Skywalker? Kind of a snub to Han IMO - Luke reveals he's not actually dead, he can become corporeal and incorporeal as he pleases It's about on a level with Attack of the Clones as far as titles which p…

• (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Lucretia: “@ibLeo (Hidden Content) ” I choose “death of the author” when it comes to this show; it’s kind of necessary when not even D&D are 100% on what George wants

• (Hidden Content)

• (Hidden Content)

• Yeah I heard Benioff and Weiss are looking into setting their trilogy during the Old Republic. That could be cool.

• “What was this anchorwoman even TRYING to ask?” is my question. Why did she bring up race at all? Why is that important to include in the posing of a “do we need a different kind of leadership” question? Fact is, if your job is to discuss sensitive topics on television, you need to have the sense to know that when you bring up race, you better be 100% certain that you’re not putting your foot in your mouth, because “not putting your foot in your mouth” is almost your entire job. Because there ar…

• Apropos of nothing, a reminder of one of the best lines in the MCU: tumblr_pawbr62Z3Q1qgapqso2_500.gif tumblr_inline_paz2huvXve1unmici_540.gif

• I just don’t want it to lose its lustre by becoming too commonplace

• I still think every three years - as during the Lucas era - is ideal.

• (Hidden Content)

• (Hidden Content)

• Sonic the Hedgehog movie trailer

ibLeo - - Entertainment

Quote from Mozly Alice: “To be fair I don't see how they could possibly make him look good ” maxresdefault.jpg This is a problem that has already been solved! If they need to add more detailed texture because it’s live action that’s fine, but it makes no sense to me that they could go this far wrong! hqdefault.jpg

• (Hidden Content)

• It's been brought to my attention that: (Hidden Content)

• (Hidden Content)

• (Hidden Content)

• Which ones are the ABC produced ones? Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter, and...?

• Only the films? Don’t forget rewatching TV shows, shouldn’t take too long What IS the MCU up to in terms of total running time these days, anyway?

• For various reasons, spoiler tags are still essential for the purposes of not spoiling certain people (such as the mods), so I’m gonna do spoiler tags as normal Kind of a spoiler: (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Mozly Alice: “I finally watched TLJ, it felt like a Star Wars movie. Like the movie had problems but it didn't kill my cat or anything ” I mean, I think most people can admit that the movie is entertaining, but if you think about it and start analyzing that's where it falls apart completely. It is an okay film on its own, kind of average but not too offensive, until you start digging a bit and just thinking of how much more this new trilogy could be. Eve…

• You’re criticising the second movie in a trilogy for leaving thematic threads hanging?