Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • @EthanFun4 To be fair, they justify the magic in those cases. In WW, when you run out of magic, the leaf itself dies; Link doesn't just lose his grip and fall. And in OoT, Link can spin-attack regardless of magic; the magic creates a wave of energy around him increasing his power and range. Interestingly, BotW even has a sort of magic meter. All the magic rods and elemental weapons can run out of power and have to recharge; it's just that the recharging happens automatically and pretty quickly. …

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

Even after so much investigation into who the Zonai were, we still have no leads on what exactly caused them to vanish. If BotW 2 decides to tell us about them, that would be the question to answer. Quote from JRIC182: “Any reference between this two statues just found out that they look similar ” The Zonai reportedly worshiped water dragons. The Water Temple was a place of worship of "spirits," among whom dragons seem to be counted. So the statues probably depict the same sort of being (perhaps…

• Zelda Geography

Quote from Ganon Vader: “Any theories about how TP Hyrule became FSA Hyrule? ” Sometime after TP, the flood happened just like in WW's backstory, but the gods either intervened to protect Hyrule or didn't intervene to destroy it, so rather than a scattering of islands, Hyrule remained as one very large island. Nonetheless, the damage was extensive. The flood water caused a new Lake Hylia to form. Hyrule Castle and Kakariko would both be rebuilt. By some divine prank, Hyrule ended up in pretty mu…

• Quote from NinjaGamer13: “But the things I’ve pointed out suggest clearly developer intent, and that can’t be so easily ignored. ” I think we go about theorizing in different ways. I'm not so concerned with developer intent, but treating the known canon as if it's real and then working from there to determine the most likely answers. Not that theories about developer intent can't be interesting, but I don't use developer intent to answer in-universe questions. Death of the Author and all that. S…

• Zelda Geography

I think that's true. I'm a firm believer in the notion that TP's Hyrule is mostly north of OoT's, for example. I haven't looked into the FS map very much, but what you're describing sounds reasonable.

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “the dragons? ” If Hyrule Castle really does rise all the way into the sky, maybe we could see where the dragons go every morning.

• I don't think taking information from HH makes it less credible, or prevents it from adding new information of its own or updating the information to reflect changes to the canon.

• Hmm. Then at the very least, we can say that Zelda Encyclopedia and the SS Manga are contradictory? If one is accepted as canon, the other is not? I'm just brainstorming here... ZE comes after HH, so it takes precedence. It also directly contradicts HH's timeline, but I don't think anyone would argue that that invalidates the whole book. By the same reasoning, maybe part of the manga could be salvaged, and the part where Manga Link faces Demise simply retconned from existence. It's a pretty sign…

• The Big Theory Q&A

My best guess is that Ganon resurrected Koume and Kotake during ALttP, and then either told them to stay out of sight and function as emergency backup in case anything went wrong, or sent them on some other mission and their paths simply didn't intersect with Link's. I've also heard it suggested that became Trinexx, given their ability to shapeshift and Trinexx's fire-and-ice-themed heads. But then we have to assume that they survived that battle as well.

• Death Mountain usually has a relatively gentle slope, especially in OoT. latest Even Fire Mountain has a narrower peak. $ But Dragon Roost Island is built like a skyscraper, almost straight up. $ "Both are the highest mountains in the land..." True. "...are their game’s main or even only volcanoes..." True, but since Wind Waker has two Volcanoes, I think it's fair for Death Mountain to be either one of them. Being the "main" volcano in terms of plot is irrelevant. "...feature the iconic cloudy r…

• Yeah, I think you're right about that. Obviously, the lines don't all match the same physical location on both maps. I see no problem with interpreting "Zora's Domain became Dragon Roost Island" to simply mean that the Zoras established a new domain on the island. In fact, if the lines exclusively follow the motions of people, that would explain why Gerudo Fortress -> Forbidden Fortress doesn't get a line -- because there are no Gerudo in the Forbidden Fortress. (Tetra does mention pirates who u…

• Which character(s) do you like because you love them in the series they're from? I like Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Olimar, Fox, Falco, and Wolf for that reason among others. I like Daisy for that reason exclusively. Who do you play as a lot despite being unfamiliar with the series? Robin, Ice Climbers, Dark Samus, Jigglypuff. Who would you change for canon reasons? Young Link, Toon Link, Sheik, Ganondorf, Samus. What newcomer do you want that seems somewhat likely? No one. And very unlikely?…

• When I say that the Encyclopedia isn't "generally" considered canon, all I mean is that I've seen more people argue against it being canon than in favor. That's interesting that Zelda wiki uses it as canon, though. I've mostly stayed out of that discussion, and since it's mostly a tangent to reincarnation, was which already something of a tangent the SS Manga, I guess I'll continue to do so. Quote from NinjaGamer13: “Could anyone confirm if any of these quotes from Aonuma were during a time he w…

• My one and only prediction: The hand is the villain. Posting it here so I can brag about it when I'm right later.

• To anyone who doesn't mind explaining: who are all the Dragon Quest characters? Is it a "customizable avatar" situation, like Villager, or it more like the Koopalings?

• This is a fun discussion. Tony addressed Demise's Curse, but I'd like to be a little more thorough. SS Zelda has the blood of the goddess because she is the goddess. Those who share her blood are her descendants, the Hylian Royal Family. There's no implication that everyone who has the blood has to be a reincarnation of the goddess. In fact, I think there's a reasonably strong argument to be made, based on this line, that Zelda doesn't reincarnate even if Link does. Demise says "the spirit of th…

• Quote from NinjaGamer13: “As for Dragon Roost / Death Mountain / Zora’s Domain, it is very clear to see from playing the game that Dragon Roost is Death Mountain, so I would say you are misinterpreting the book there; it’s not that it’s the same physical location, but that Dragon Roost (Death Mountain) became the new Domain for the Zoras. ” Could the same reasoning apply to Windfall being Kakariko?

• @NinjaGamer13 I mean, a lot of the concept art is designs specifically rejected by the developers. I think it's fairly self-evident that all 11 Imp Midna designs aren't canon, and that "Design sketches for Midna" is not an in-universe statement. Fun fact, Link's Crossbow Training isn't quite deemed non-canon. HH just mentions, well, not mentioning it, but doesn't say that it doesn't happen. The manga is in a sort of similar position; yes, it's included in HH itself, but the actual timeline makes…

• @Okami Takahashi Like I said, it isn't too hard to rectify the inconsistencies. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that in-universe considerations are almost irrelevant here. I once saw someone argue that OoT's end credits aren't canon, on the grounds that they don't make sense. Anju touches cuccoos when she couldn't before, the Kokiri leave the forest when they couldn't before, Gerudo celebrating alongside the other races even though it's their king who just got stabbed in the face, and …

• Here's my thoughts on it. Disclaimer: I skipped the entire Linkle quote. Being in HH isn't enough to make it canon; the timeline portion is considered canon, but the book also features tons of concept art, often with notes attached, that aren't considered canon. But the couple of contradictions there are, are relatively small and easy to work with. It could very well be canon, in the same way that Link's Crossbow Training could be canon. I think "ambiguously canon" is probably the best label. Pe…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from mosstheinflatablecow: “The main reason I reject the idea of the fairy kid being her, honestly, is that every other time in OoT or MM we hear someone referred to as a fairy kid, it's either a kokiri or Link and not an actual fairy. ” That's true. I don't think it was developer intent the the "fairy kid" be Navi. (They were probably thinking Link.) I just like the idea that Link was close enough on Navi's trail to have met someone that she'd met, and in a way, the whole of Majora's Mask…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from mosstheinflatablecow: “She's not a kid with a fairy, but in fairy years she could be a kid. So a kid who is a fairy. Or even in human years. We have no idea how old she is (though admittedly her speech patterns seem a bit mature for that). ” Keep in mind, despite being young in character, Skull Kid has been around long enough to take part in Termina's creation myth. I'm sure she's a kid to him. (Unless Termina was created by Majora's Mask very recently, but let's assume that's not the…

• Here's a couple of stages. It's actually one that I had in Smash 4. I remade it for Ultimate, and then added an omega version. The only problem is that the omega version is larger than an actual omega stage would be. I think they're both pretty fun to play, though. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…5e14aa759cac2921281a82f30 From ALttP zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…5e14aa759cac2921281a82f30 JPKF4G20 zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…5e14aa759cac2921281a82f30 D05GDDB8 omega version

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Ganon Vader: “The Link seen at Spaceworld 2000 is the Hero of Time and the duel shown occurs sometime after MM. The Hero of Time is helping to capture Ganondorf, leading to TP. ” I have a similar headcanon, but Ganondorf was captured earlier and Link is actually fighting Phantom Ganon. Quote from Ganon Vader: “I thought he left Hyrule just to look for Navi, and Ganondorf might have gone into hiding. ” Searching for Navi is the only reason MM gives, but HH also says that "Link warned P…

• Quote from Max N.: “- There was some way to counter-act it, either through skill (ie, climbing becomes harder for thumbskill reasons whehn raining) or through resource spending (ie, you can expend resources to craft a potion to climb in the rain). ” You kind of already can, though there's no specific potion for climbing in rain. You just have to settle for movement and stamina. Quote from Max N.: “- There were certain monsters that only came out int he rain, but others hid. ” I'm intrigued. I'm …

• I actually really enjoy the combat in Twilight Princess. There's a lot of variety, and most of the items you get have some use in combat if you look for it. Since you enjoy exploration, I wouldn't recommend a 3-heart run. Instead, take the pieces of heart that you find throughout the world, but pass up the full heart containers you would get from bosses. Also, I recommend keeping warping to a minimum. There are a few times when you have to warp for plot reasons, but the game kind of telegraphs t…

• Ghirahim is my favorite. I liked how he was also traveling across the Surface, often seeking the same things as Link was. He's really open about his emotions, and even sort of teaches Link how to fight in their first encounter. Really, they should have just gotten rid of Fi and let Ghirahim being the partner character that game. Vaati is my second favorite. I've only really seen him in MC, but he was so unique, with interesting motivations and a great laugh, and he makes an excellent Mii Fighter…

• Zelda Pronunciations

Evran_Speer - - General Zelda

Strangely, Saria is Sah-RYE-ah to me. Heavy emphasis on the rye. And deku is DEE-koo, long e. I've adapted to some of the other ones (I used to say Ter-MINE-a, now I say Ter-min-a), but I don't think those two are ever going to change.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Sagan's predictions of all the retconing you have to do are somewhat apocalyptic, but you're still retconning OoT's Temple of Time to a different location, retconning the statue into it, and then retconning the size of that statue to be drastically smaller. Taking the location of the Temple of Time as a retcon, I can understand, even if I don't agree. It was weird in OoT, and it's even weirder in BotW. But retconning the statue just seems so unnecessary. We can just assume that the original colo…

• Zelda Headcanons

Headcanon: Sheik took over as the leader of Kakariko and swore loyalty to Ganondorf, thus sparing Kakariko from attack. That's also why, when Sheik turns out to be Zelda, Ganondorf calls her a traitor.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Oh, I see the issue. My guess is that Ganondorf's power over the temple isn't wholly manifested in the presence of the boss. There may be an aura of evil that the Master Sword dispels, as well as the other monsters Link defeats. Alternatively, maybe she could have been in the Chamber of Sages before that. Maybe she was, but left to deal with Bongo Bongo once Link and Sheik (temporarily) failed. That would explain why we never see her in Hyrule before that point.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Oh. Well, my understanding is that the temples function to channel power from the Sacred Realm into the Light World, whether that power be good or evil. (I'm sure something somewhere says that once Ganon took over the Sacred Realm, his power flower forth from the temples?) So until Link defeats the bosses who were controlling the temples, thus allowing control to pass back to the corresponding sage, having that sage in the Chamber of Sages is actually pretty useless.

• I've believed pretty much since ALBW came out that the Lorulean Triforce destroyed itself in response to a wish, but @TriforceHolder makes a good point about the Triforce's magic becoming weaker when it's broken down in smaller pieces. Plus, Lorule didn't fall apart completely without its Triforce; it would make sense that the scattered dust was still enough to keep the world together, and perhaps the utter destruction of the Triforce would have also eliminated Lorule completely. Like @Setras sa…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from Ganon Vader: “What was preventing Impa from awakening as a Sage before Bongo Bongo escaped from the well? ” Do we know for sure that she didn't? For Medli and Makar, awakening as a sage seems to involve both sudden knowledge of their sagehood and a deep sense of duty/destiny to fulfill their particular role. If Sheik knew that Impa was a sage, Impa probably knew, too. It isn't at all clear whether she had a clear sense of destiny about her sagehood (since we don't see her until Link d…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Really? I thought those of us who believe Zelda has the Triforce were still in the minority. Well, it isn't confirmed anywhere. The closest we get is a short passage in CaC: Quote from Creating a Champion p. 388: “The Triforce crest is made up of three equilateral triangles. Since the actual relic plays a large part in the the creation myth of Hyrule, its symbol is often used in heraldry and artisinal decorations. The Triforce itself is said to be contain the power of the goddesses, but that can…

• Quote from Nitro Indigo: “Is it ever explicitly stated how they destroyed Lorule's Triforce anywhere? ” It isn't explicitly stated, just a commonly accepted theory. Quote from Nonoctoro: “The second and third one were fulfilled but ... the first one ? Why did Phantom Hourglass took place if Link and Tetra had a plot armor ? Well, no one was hurt in the end but it wasn't fun for Tetra. ” Having "hope" doesn't mean that bad things can't happen to them. In fact, I think the "hope" Daphnes wanted fo…

• Quote from The Moon of Termina: “I feel like Hylia actually planned out for lots of different scenarios. ” This is what I was going to say. Hylia evidently worked redundancies into her plan, since she had two candidates prepared to use the Triforce. And even then, she doesn't seem to have accounted for Ghirahim's presence at all, so a lot of we do in game (like most of the dungeon bosses) probably wasn't part of the plan at all.

• I think the "control-z" effect is a side-effect of how the Triforce works. The Triforce acts in proportion to the strength of the wish. That essentially put a limit on much energy the Triforce puts into granting each wish. In order to fulfill the wish to the fullest extent possible with the limited energy allowed, it takes the path of least resistance. Presumably, countering someone else's magic that's holding something in an unnatural position (a statue in the sky, a giant air bubble on the bot…

• I feel kind of the same way about reincarnation (edit: as regards the destiny topic, not the prophecy topic). I much prefer a story about a boy raised in a small village forced to rise up and defeat an ancient evil, over a story about a hero who has already defeated said evil several times just waiting around in temporary retirement until the next time evil pops up in this never-ending game of whack-a-mole. I know he doesn't remember his previous victories, and discovering that he's a reincarnat…

• My impression is that it's generally accepted as canon, but that's just based on anecdotal evidence. You're free to ignore it.