Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from Vulpes: “I'd be more sympathetic to the argument that making new 3D models is a lot of work if I felt the models actually looked good. ” It’s not merely an argument, it’s a fact. So if you really think the models don’t look good, imagine if the developers had to delegate the time and resources they had even further to accommodate all the Pokemon.

• E3 2019: Best of Show Poll

Abyss Master - - General Gaming

Breath of the Wild 2: Got the biggest reaction from me, simply due to its confirmed existence. Aonuma just coming out and saying "we're making a sequel" would have been hype, so this reveal was definitely the highlight of this year's E3. Ori 2: I don't have an Xbox One but I've played Ori and I loved it. The initial reveal trailer for the game at E3 2017 legit had me choked up a bit at the end there. Finally getting a release date and seeing the gameplay with all those boss fights was the highli…

• Three Houses may be the game I'm most hyped about this year. I'm especially looking forward to taking the game with me on the road this summer.

• E3 2019: Nintendo Direct

Well, now that all of the presentations have come and gone, it's time to sit back and reflect upon the various announcements and showcases to determine who came out on top. With Sony's absence, the stage was set for Microsoft to fill the void and capitalize on- OH WHO AM I KIDDING DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT HOLY FUCK THAT WAS A SLAM DUNK ACE IN THE HOLE HOME RUN TEN OUTTA TEN ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID IT THE MAGNIFICENT BASTARDS WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT GIVE IT TO ME NOW HOOK IT STRA…

• The E3 Bet: Switch Mini?

The Nintendo Direct has come and gone, and no mention of the Switch Mini was made. All who voted "no" - a winner is you!

And with that, the poll has been closed and the votes are locked in. I'll see you guys on the other side later today!

• Youtube only acting in its own interest is precisely why Steven Crowder still has a platform there. It's why it took so goddamn long for them to do ANYTHING about the blatant homophobia on display. It's why it took them so long to do anything about Alex Jones. Left-wing media "pressure" doesn't hold a candle to the shitstorm that RIGHT-wing media will kick up if one of their own suffers a negative consequence for something they did. No matter how warranted the consequence was.

Also, further clarification; if the Switch Mini is revealed outside of the Nintendo Direct presentation, that will count as a "no" as well. The question in the OP is worded pretty clearly, people, so be sure that you know what you sign up for.

The OP is very clear; "handheld-only". So if they reveal a revised console that can still be docked and used as a home console, that would count as a "no".

Welcome to this year's E3 bet thread. The question is simple; Quote: “Will Nintendo reveal a revised, handheld-only version of the Nintendo Switch during their Nintendo Direct presentation for this year's E3? ” For the sake of clarity, by "reveal" we mean "confirmed to exist". So someone standing in front of a camera and merely saying "we're making a revised, handheld-only version of the Switch" would still count as a "yes" to the question. The poll ends at 12:00 am June 11th, and changing what …

• Debating the merits of posting opinions is not what this thread is for. If you ever find yourself arguing that someone else's opinion doesn't make sense to you, consider just not responding and leaving it be. Works wonders for me. Thank you.

• Because there’s a close-up shot of it in The Phantom Menace when Obi-Wan force-pulls it as he leaps over Darth Maul before slicing him in half?

• A big problem in the discussion on climate change is that people keep conflating the science with the politics and opinions about the science. Many of those saying «it’s a hoax» don’t come close to adressing or even understanding the science - they just regurgitate talking points from blogs and people who barely try to hide their biases. Their idea of climate science isn’t any peer-reviewed paper in a scientific journal, it’s Al Gore’s film An Inconvenient Truth.

• No reactions yet? This can't stand. The world needs to know. Avengers Endgame is a three hour long celebration of the entire MCU, an immensely satisfying conclusion to the story from Infinity War and a breathtaking showcase of how you can have a story that's been told over twenty-plus films in a single shared universe, come together at the finish line. Fans who have stuck with the universe since Iron Man in 2008, will of course get the absolute most out of the movie as practically every scene co…

• Quote from Canyarion: “The difference is that the original trilogy didn't constantly hint at these things being important or even interesting. And we knew nothing about the universe, so most things simply didn't need an explanation. TFA kept raising expectations about Rey's past. It introduced a new Sith-like villain even though all Siths should have been destroyed. That raises questions. TLJ ignored them and now it's up to the final movie to try and fix it. ” What constitutes a "hint" in this c…

• If you watch Star Wars with the expectation that the movies are gonna "tie up hanging threads" and "explain everything", then you're going to be disappointed. That's not to say that certain questions won't be answered; they could, but it's not necessarily required. Who Snoke is and where Snoke came from, for example, is not something we NEED to know. We didn't need to know the background of the Emperor in the original trilogy either. We didn't need to know exactly how Anakin Skywalker became Dar…

• I feel like it's a thing that can happen not just in Fire Emblem Warriors, but other musou-style games as well; if things get misaligned, it'll start feeling like a drag because you lose momentum, you take longer to kill your enemies and you take more damage so you're forced to run away and recover. On the flip side of that, when things align just right it can be an amazingly fun experience to tear through hundreds and hundreds of enemies.

• It's not on Hyrule Warrior's level in terms of sheer content or variety in characters, but if you're a Fire Emblem fan and you enjoy the musou-style games, then it's certainly a worthwhile investment.

• Quote from Please Understand: “That's a reasonable take on the surface but doesn't quite hold water if you look at the facts and numbers. Obviously there's no way to know about a "what if" scenario, but I am going to argue that the main reason behind Solo's failure to perform at the box office was nothing short of IP fatigue. Basically the amount of Star Wars movies we got in a relatively short amount of time was not justified by their substance. Therefore people were in no rush to go out and wa…

• Quote from Please Understand: “But it IS forgettable. TLJ being subvertive doesn't make it interesting, it was just plain dumb. TFA had a couple things that could be interesting if they were built upon by TLJ (and they might be by the 3rd film - but probably too little too late), but because that hasn't happened, it really was A New Hope Gaiden. Once this trilogy is over nobody will be looking back at it like they are the OT or even the prequels. Anyone denying this is delusional. If anything I …

• Spoilers for episode 8 within: (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Please Understand: “The trilogy would at least be competent if they had a single director (or a single team of directors) do the entire thing instead of having different people on each episode. You'd think they would at least be sensible enough to do that, but nah. ” Original trilogy: A New Hope: Directed by George Lucas Empire Strikes Back: Directed by Irvin Kershner Return of the Jedi: Directed by Richard Marquand Prequel trilogy: Phantom Menace: Directed by George Lucas Attack of t…

• Been a while since last time. I have more pictures of my dog to share. (Hidden Content)

• I can't be the only one who noticed how quickly the conversation shifted away from the conversation about code switching, which is an indicent that PROVES that white people - yes, us Caucasians - are still too ignorant of what the lives of people of color are truly like, and what they have to do to conform. That's what prompted so many to assume that AOC was just putting on an accent; simple, sheer ignorance. Call me crazy, but I feel like that's a much bigger issue than whether calling white pe…

• I'm down for some games too if they should happen.

• The Nintendo Switch

Octopath sold itself on the eight separate narratives ("paths"), which was undoubtedly its most unique and easily identifiable element. It also sold itself on being open, letting you have the freedom to decide where to start and what direction to go. That definitely seems to have paid off, but it also makes it way too tough to weave any of the separate stories together, as John quite correctly points out. More meaningful character interactions would force the developers to create multiple iterat…

• Quote from Kerest: “We both know that if the chief of staff gets charged it won't be just him indited. Even if she's totally innocent and honestly didn't know he was doing that. ” We... don't know that, actually. The thing about investigations is that they're meant to figure out if there was foul play, and who exactly was doing it. If AOC is not implicated, she's not very likely to be indicted. I mean, we did just see the conclusion of an investigation into Trump's campaign that saw multiple peo…

• It's her chief of staff who's implicated, not her. Not that it even matters; when I say AOC is leading the way of a more progressive Democratic party, it has nothing to do with what her actual position is, or even whether she's a member of Congress. She's only been a congresswoman for less than four months, and look at the influence she's had on the public discourse from the days of her campaign up to this point. Other Democrats are undoubtedly taking notice, and it's only a matter of time befor…

• Quote from HeroOfTime5: “While I do agree with you, her approval ratings even among democrats aren't stellar. ” Which shouldn't surprise anyone who's been paying attention since she won her election; she's one of the most visibly progressive Democrats today, and has sometimes been at odds with members of her own party. The simple fact of the matter is that a good chunk of the Democratic party ISN'T progressive, and a smaller but still sizable part of it is REALLY not progressive. That those peop…

• Mueller Report

Abyss Master - - Internet: Serious Business

I'll be frank; it wasn't any part of the media that made the investigation seem like it was going to be terribly bad for Trump, at least not to me. It was Trump's constant, CONSTANT screeching of "witch hunt!!" on Twitter, and his loyal lapdogs parroting that exact talking point everywhere they went. They were the ones who were out to paint Mueller as a corrupt partisan who was out to get Trump. They were the ones who seemed to most expect terrible results for the President. You can't suddenly t…

• (Hidden Content)

• Don't really have a lot of time at the moment to do a full-fledged review, so I'll just say I enjoyed it very much (8/10) and talk about a couple of things that I loved about the movie (warning, mild spoilers within): (Hidden Content)

• I've been playing Wargroove, and loving it to bits. Getting so mad at myself when I fail to think ahead and make tactical errors. Feeling so good when I complete a mission in the campaign and get three stars.

• Mod note: This thread is about THQ Nordic hosting an AMA on 8chan, not about the credibility (or lack thereof) or history of someone who commented on the issue. Talk about what they said on the THQ issue, or don't bring them up at all.

• twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1102634460913246208 It's funny how conservatives suddenly started caring VERY VERY MUCH when Brie Larson made some comments that they deemed to be "too political", and that was all they needed to start "boycotting" Captain Marvel. Chris Evans has been tearing Trump and Republicans to absolute shreds on Twitter for years now. Mark Ruffalo has been politically active for years now. But somehow, a boycott of Avengers Infity War last year - or even Avengers Endgame th…

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is easily my top pick.

• RE: discussion on business and profits Well, the drive to always increase profits is the exact mentality that fuels the efforts of companies like EA and Activision Blizzard to constantly chase growth, even if it is to the detriment of their games and their employees.

• Never been particularly impressed by people who get so bent out of shape by something that they start doing "activism" in the form of loud and obnoxious boycotts. I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel in a week's time. I'm no comic expert, but I do know about the Skrulls somewhat and it'll be cool to finally see them in the MCU. I'll have to do some reading into the Kree though.

• Just got fooled into thinking a Pokémon Direct was gonna happen tomorrow. I blame my flu-ridden body making me slow to read timestamps on tweets. Anyway, the Pokémon channel on Youtube has been showcasing the individual regions every day for a few days now, starting with Kanto and then going through the lot. Tomorrow will be Alola's turn. We'll see if it leads to anything.

• Super Smash Bros Ultimate Celeste