Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 44.
  • Quote from Wayward One: “ I also never once had to recalibrate the remote, aside from the required calibration every time the game starts up. I'd only ever have to re-center the cursor, and that would be my fault for not pointing the remote at the screen BEFORE doing anything that required precision aiming. And since it takes less than a second to do that, it's not worth complaining about.” I have to agree with that; re-centering the cursor wasn't a big deal for me. Maybe it was just because I'm…

• I like the harp. I don't think it's my favorite (the ocarina will always be a classic for me), but it worked well for the setting it was used in. Before I got it I read about people having trouble playing it, but when I played it for the first time I had no trouble at all. It reminded me a lot of the Wind Waker baton--it's all about timing. It was really fun to time my motions to the "beat" to play a song. When I first had to use it to get somewhere, I was in awe at how beautiful it looked and s…

• Quote from Coloniser: “I think that's a little extreme, Sage of Hyrule...but worth a shot all the same! On another note...does anyone know if there's any bonus rewards for completing the game in Hero mode?” Ha... yeah it may be extreme. But that's how mad I am at myself lol. If I ever find the motivation to play again I'll let you know...

• No just the bugs and found items like the amber relics. Which I suppose that's a big help. Another question: I've been researching a way to recover my Wii data saves like any other file on the computer. If I transfer the saves to an SD card and use a data recovery program, do you think I would get my original progress back or would it not work at all? I'm still on this thing lol

• I absolutely loved the music. Mostly all of it. Maybe it's because I wasn't comparing it to other Zelda titles, just appreciating it for what it was. There were moments where I would arrive in a new area and have to stop and just listen to the music. A couple of cutscenes made me do that too. Maybe I'm just too much of a fangirl, but I loved how every piece really set the ambiance for the area. I've been listening to youtube playlists when I can't play it, and I just can't get enough. I really h…

• SS is very Japanese

Sage of Hyrule - - Modern Zelda

I agree! I actually loved it; it was a nice change of scenery while keeping true to the Zelda blend of elements (forest, water, fire, etc.). I don't think this game would have been half as good if it had realistic graphics. Twilight Princess was good because it fit the mood, and the look of Skyward Sword was nothing short of perfect in my opinion. I loved the more artsy feel like you said, how the gods and such resembled old Japanese paintings. When I first heard Link dash and whatnot I thought …

• Quote from MajorMajora: “there isn't anything. though note that the game is awesome anyway, so a second playthrough isn't to hard of a punishment.” Yeah I know, but I have this weird thing where I always keep the first save file of a Zelda game I go through... kind of like a nostalgia thing or something... And when it's overwritten I feel like I'll never get back those first moments of excitement from playing it for the first time. It's silly, I know, but I'm weirdly emotional like that It's jus…

• Quote from Cereal Bawks: “Wait, you can say no, then copy the file, then beat it again on that copied file, right?” I wouldn't know because now I've lost all of my data T______T But apparently you keep all of your collected items... which does me NO good when I just don't have the motivation to even play the game anymore. I'm so disappointed with this. I don't even want to play the game, and that makes me sad :/ To answer your question though I assume that would be a possibility.

• Yeah, problem was I was assuming it'd let me pick WHERE I wanted to restart... man I'm so upset right now I can't even enjoy the end of the game T__T stupid me... I suppose I'm just ranting now.

• So I just finished the game, and it asked if I wanted to create a new "Hero Mode" file. Like a dummy, I let it save over my previous data. Now I have to start the game all over. I don't have time to get back to the place I was before the end of the game; there were so many sidequests I haven't finished, and now my file is erased. See, I thought that by choosing to do Hero Mode I would have been able to choose to continue it in a different file slot, similar to the second playthrough of TWW. Now …

• Quote from Common Knowledge: “I was in that part in Lanayru trying to get to the gears to open up the mining facility, and I had to (Hidden Content) I tried picking up the enemy and throwing him up a series of blocks to get to the switch, resulting in lots of lost health from him zapping me and much frustration. Then I realized (Hidden Content)” Haha that was totally me too. A LOT of frustration went into that one. I see the pathway to the other side, and I'm swearing there is just no other way …

• I LOVE Muse. Love love love them. I saw them in concert last year for The Resistance, but they did many of their older songs too. I just love how talented they all are and how they really have their own type of feel as far as music goes (in my opinion anyways). And Matthew Bellamy is just dreamy :3 Much love for all of their albums!

• I agree, I think they hyped up the game too much and promised too much and weren't able to deliver like they said they would. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game for what it was, but it was definitely missing something. I think a lot of us were expecting another OoT (I was when I first found out about it), but it wasn't. But it wasn't just that that made it disappointing. There were other things that bothered me, like the huge span of nothingness in the overworld, the lack of places to explore/…

• Quote from Disembodied Loaf: “Me neither.:P Well actually, I was exaggerating. I haven't even played PH or ST, but out of the home console titles, in my mind, they decline. I wouldn't say minish cap started the decline of Zelda games, as mentioned. People say that game is too easy and stuff, but it challenged me a lot. Despite being somewhat based off of aLttP, that game was pretty neat and original. I've heard a lot of bad things about PH and ST, but am still looking forward to buying them for …

• Am I really that much of a fangirl to say that I have loved and appreciated every Zelda game for what it was worth? Am I too brainwashed by the series now that I am defending it blindly for reasons that I am content to remain ignorant about? I most certainly think not. I fell into the Zelda series with Ocarina back a couple of years after its release. I fell in love with everything--the characters, the story, the gameplay, everything. So while I hold that game in the highest regards, and yes, at…

• This thread has gone all sorts of directions, so let me just put in my random two cents. I've watched the ending to the 3DS version again, and Link does, in fact, show the Triforce of Courage on his hand. We know Ganondorf still has his piece when he's sealed in the Evil Realm. Therefore, Zelda must still have her piece in the Child Timeline as well. Now, because the Triforce is a divine artifact, it's very possible that it has the ability to transcend time itself, meaning it wouldn't matter whe…

• OoT 3D better than OoT 64

Sage of Hyrule - - Modern Zelda

I think I've for the most part concluded that OoT 3D is superior... It is the same game, and they've improved on a lot of things I've been dreaming for for years! But there are some things in the game that I see that disappoint me a little. For instance, when I first arrived at Zora's Domain and made my way out back to see Jabu-Jabu, I realized they removed the sound of him breathing. Call me crazy/obsessive/whatever, but I really liked that little detail. It made him seem more real..more of a g…

• It would be a terrible marketing mistake for Nintendo to not showcase the demo at Comic-Con this weekend. They already have the demo and the setup, it would hardly cost them anything extra to run it, and they would guarantee many more people to actually buy it when it comes out this fall. So I really think we'll see it this weekend. Besides, this is the biggest Zelda game since Twilight Princess' release back in 2005, and they had it at Comic-Con that year. It's only logical that they would show…

• Quote from Eternal Legend: “There's nothing wrong with that if it's for fun. :3 What art program do you use? There are some free ones out there, like Gimp and ArtRage. Both programs are just as powerful as the best out there. Paint Sai is another one, but you do pay a bit (around $60 or something). It does not support Macs though, unless you know the whole bootcamp process If you are a student currently in university, you can get a huge discount on expensive top-of-the-range programs that pros u…

• I've been reading all of the responses, and rather than quote each one I will just dump it all here... Quote from Primus: “I felt like like his little speech was a little to desperate, and i smelt corruption all over it. Ganon's intentions weren't pure, but i suspect that they once were.” I feel this may be the case too. Though this probably sounds like nothing more than a load of fanfiction: Maybe when he was younger, during the beginning of his role as leader to the Gerudo tribe, he genuinely …

• What a tough decision to make D: I love all of them for different reasons... I love the background story of the LoZ, AoL, and ALttP, but the artistic simplicity of TWW was refreshing... Ocarina is special just because it's the first Zelda I played, but I've seen it so many times now lol... I love the intro to LA because it was just epic... And MM was awesome too, if only because I loved watching little Link sit in different areas of the town swinging his feet :3 I'm surprised to find myself want…

• No timeline at all?

Sage of Hyrule - - Theorizing

Quote from Stalkidz: “Things often get lost in translation and changed when a story gets retold so many times. As far as the confidential document goes, I don't believe that it exists. Many times they give conflicted info on the timelines and sometimes they don't even seem to know themselves such as Miyamato not really sure as to Links Awakening's placement on the timeline.” I agree that things get lost in translation; why there are some discrepancies in the legends that are told in the games. B…

• If you happened to find me alllllll the way back here, I do have an account that I'm trying to update more often: Sage-of-Hyrule on deviantART Obviously, most of my work is Zelda fanart. But there's nothing wrong with that, right?? I'm trying to delve more into the world of digital art, but it's quite a difficult process as I don't have a decent art program to work with (the one I have fights me every step of the way D: ). Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'd like to give a nod t…

• I have never hated Navi. Or the other companions Link has had. I'll agree that sometimes Navi had her moments. It wasn't really her fault, though; as a part of the game she was programmed to help the player by sending out reminders every now and then. But as a character, I loved her so much. I really missed her in MM (Tatl was a great replacement though; her attitude being polar opposite of Navi's and her interactions with Link were quite amusing at times), and the fairy cursor in TP was such a …

• When I got mine they sent me an e-mail saying that the cds weren't going to be shipped until after July 5 because they are on backorder (like Twilight Sparkle said). And THEN it will be another 4-6 weeks for delivery. Free stuff doesn't come easy apparently lol.

• Coolest Looking Link

Sage of Hyrule - - General Zelda

Quote from Aberrant Bliss: “It's tough to decide. I fell in love with OoT Link and he is definitely my favorite. He is very good looking. However, Twilight Princess Link is just epic, and in the game obviously he's so detailed. He is more dark, which is pretty cool. But I think if OoT is fresh and pure looking. IDK. I guess it's a tie.” Me too. OoT was the first Zelda I'd played and I had quite the crush on the Hero of Time. I voted for him... but now that I think about it TP Link probably fits …

• Quote from Zesty Crouton: “Um... I do? Not for the story alone, obviously, but if they released a Zelda game that lacked any sort of plot or storyline, I wouldn't play it. I don't enjoy video games that either lack a plot, or have one, only it's terrible. The story is what I'm all about. Not graphics, not even really gameplay. But I understand I'm probably in the severe minority on this one.” I definitely agree with you here. I play Zelda because of the captivating story and characters. Maybe I'…

• Smashed Bros.

Sage of Hyrule - - General Gaming

So I stopped by this great burger place here in my city a while back, called: 20110630112141-1.jpg The logo kinda looks like GameStop's logo, huh? Also, when I looked at my bank statement my card was charged from "Smash Brothers." Well, I thought it was funny... ^_^;

• The Biggest of Lies

Sage of Hyrule - - Creative Corner

Hey!! I remember reading your stories a long time ago, when I was in high school! It's good to see you here If I get a chance I will read them again, because I remember them being very creative and well-written. Welcome back to the world of.. the internet. lol

• Quote from oddacity: “Off topic, but that's something that bothered my about OoT...you never get to see Zora's Domain un-frozen. :[ You see improvements in Kokiri Forest and Death Mountain, but those Zoras stay frozen forever...I always wanted to know what happened once everything was back to normal!” I know! I wanted to see it melted too! Those poor Zoras! And we never really found out what happened to Ruto's father or Jabu-Jabu either.. I mean, how do you move a 100-ton deity to some undisclos…

• Quote from EMaN21354: “I think they may have just felt it fit the mood of the temple.. (but that doesn't explain the moon symbol..) And yes. Getting scared by video games ftw! ^_^” When I first played the game I didn't know the moon symbol represented anything but, well, the Mirror Shield lol. I thought it was a neat symbol for the Gerudo and I was kinda sad when they changed it in the re-releases. But we have to make everyone happy, right? *sad face*

• Quote from BlackskullB: “It's already been said that Skyward Sword will lead to the events of Ocarina Of Time though.” Yeah; it's why I feel we won't really see Ganon or Ganondorf. I don't see why Ghirahim couldn't be the final bad guy; he seems..well, creepy enough lol. Personally I wouldn't really want to see another Zant thing, where he was just a puppet the whole time. Give Ganon a rest

• Quote from Dekublast: “In Minish Cap, the story is about a human who descended from the sky, using golden light and a single sword, to fight off the demons (Ghirahim) and restore peace to the world. The Minish Cap's back story really seems to fit well together. how it would relate to OoT idk, but it seems very plausible with what is going on.” That's an interesting point. They do seem to be somewhat connected, and it could be that SS is a prequel to TMC. I wouldn't really put it past them--besid…

• Quote from Archon: “The original Fire Temple music in Ocarina of Time: In the name of Allah the most merciful and beneficent. There is no God other than Allah! I'm pretty sure that's the direct translation, but correct me if I'm wrong.” That always sort of weirded me out... I wonder what prompted them to use that chanting as part of the music for the original game. What significance did it hold? Were they doing it just because they thought it sounded nice? I remember when I was younger and didn'…

• Quote from Doctor You: “Oddly enough, my favorite parts are the beginning, before anything bad happens. I replayed the start of Twilight Princess three times before I ever continues onward. I never start to hate a Zelda game, but it always gets more exciting when there's a major change (eg in OoT, becoming an adult).” Yes I agree!! To me the beginning is such a great glimpse of how life in Hyrule (or wherever) really was before all of the bad stuff happens. I may be a strange gamer for this, but…

• Quote from Arvidiusdux: “But I don’t know. If they commence with the kissey-kissey, it has to be done really really well, or not at all.” That's what I was thinking as well. While most of it's based on speculation and fanwritings, the "shippings" we see have a pretty solid fanbase, and I just know some people are going to be offended if they do choose to go with that type of plot. So either they have to really tie it into the story and make it important and do it well, or not do it at all--stick…

• Quote from Marige: “I agree. TP Zelda was the one that best transmitted the image of the Triforce of Wisdom she represents. SS Zelda kinda reminds me of young OoT Zelda. Carefree, reckless, and immature to a point. The difference is that while OoT Zelda felt Hyrule was in danger and tried to protect it without really knowing the consequences of what she was doing, this Zelda apparently isn't a princess and doesn't have a clue of her holy powers (we can't be sure at this point). So it's probably …

• Quote from Zeldablue777: “Yeah. Except for the harp thing.” Why I'm interested to see its purpose. I highly doubt Sheik will be making an appearance--that was OoT Zelda's persona to specifically hide from Ganondorf; I don't see how it could relate to Skyward Sword. But who knows? Maybe this Zelda's harp was an inspiration for OoT Zelda to take it up and teach Link the melodies he needed to learn.

• UUUrrrrgghhhhh..... I'm literally shuddering at the memory of this guy.. I'd completely forgotten about him... And now to see him in 3D, with all of his disgustingness intact? I'm almost gagging. It's awesome lol. I swear, I saw this picture and suddenly I felt his putrid teeth sinking into my shoulder as he's holding my head with his grotesque disembodied hand... *dies* I freaking love you Nintendo.

• I absolutely adore this Zelda's personality. She's so...adorable!! There's just no other word for it. I love how she's so outgoing--she's taken some qualities from Link in this one, it seems. Finally, another game where she plays a much bigger part than just the princess waiting to be rescued...I cannot wait to see where they go with this. I'm trying to avoid spoilers until the game's release, and it's killing me. XD I don't want to make this thread a debate about TP Zelda, but I feel this needs…