Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Do Over Book Club

boxes - - Entertainment

So I did end up reading The Secret of Scent by Luca Turin even though we didn't choose it for the book club. Thoughts are below. Spoilers? Not sure if a book like this has spoilers but just in case. (Hidden Content)

• What's your song of the week?

boxes - - Entertainment

youtu.be/irfXSw55DUo yesssssssssss

• What Pleases You? Volume 2!

boxes - - General Chit-Chat

After a long day of work I got a day off tomorrow, jasmine perfume, popsicles, cannabis, a breakfast sandwich I made with my fav ingredients, and great music!

• Health & Fitness Challenge IV

boxes - - Community Central

I'll definitely be here for the next round. Just signed up for a new yoga studio in town and I have done 3 classes in 2 days. I'm so sore.... I like the idea of having a split health / fitness or maybe we could try a straight health and wellness challenge interlude before the next fitness challenge? (I'd be happy to help organize a health focused one if so.)

Wawooo! OK feedback time! First of all. Thank you Lady Sunshine for hosting these fitness events! I think they are a really positive addition to this community and I have a lot of fun participating in them. This iteration we had a focus on health as well as fitness and we had some new additions to the challenges so I do want to give some feedback on those! Fitness Aspects of Challenge These were very similar to the previous challenges. My feedback is pretty much the same, I like the exercises, I…

Week 4 ✔ Track Foods/Rate Self ✔ 3 Drinks or Less ✔ List of My Many Great Qualities ✘ Jump Rope ✔ Walk ✔ Misc Cardio ✘ Inchworms ✘ Bicycle Crunches ✘ Plank ✘ Ball Crunches ✘ Single Arm Row Notes: - Honestly my food rating for most days was a B+, but definitely more like a D+ yesterday because even though I had fruit veg protein and all that stuff, I pretty much ate junk food constantly all day ... pringles, doritos, pocky, orange milkshake, ruffles, hi chew, donuts... I don't usually get like th…

Well I'm glad Colu likes my sense of humor haha Does working the lunch rush (heart rate up for an hour ahaha) count!? Are we supposed to write a public list of what we like about ourselves? My ego is too big for this activity

Quote from Colu: “secret ball crunches ” Happening in pants all over the globe (...edit... or all over the disc .. for the flat earthers... he he ... )

My latest update above is up to date. (No changes to previous weeks). On the topic of fitness, I just learned that a yoga studio in town offers a "cannabis flow" class on Fridays....

• My big BBQ plans are for Saturday EDIT: For those that don't know, there was this add on our local buy and sell page like "fresh asparagus! we can't believe how fresh it is" and I was like "hellooo" and then they were all "how much do you want" and I don't know what a good amount was so I got 10 lb? Well it turns out 10 lb is a lot more asparagus than I thought it was. SO expect that to make an appearance I think

Week 3 ? 6 Glasses Water ✔ 3 Meals a Day ✔ Get Outside ✘ Side Kicks ✔ Stairs The Giant Hill At the Lake ✘ Mountain Climber ✘ Squats/Wall Sits ✘ Push-Ups ✘ Static Lunges ✘ Deadlifts ✘ Step-Ups Notes: - I did not do much this week. My back has been aching from work, and even after the weekend I am still in pain. Boo. - I don't keep track of how much water I drink. I do drink water as my primary beverage (otherwise, this week, at most I had either one black coffee or one matcha tea per day. Oh. And…

• We choose grilled

• My new food ideas are * Home made popsicles * BBQ/grill/fire (outdoor cooking) * Popcorn * Sangria / fruit punch (alcohol optional) * Soft pretzels * Fruit-based

• I'm still interested, just not interested in Asian fusion. I'm waiting for summer foods

• What's your song of the week?

boxes - - Entertainment

youtu.be/MM3lZtf3icM

In Yoshi's Crafted World the yarn yoshi amiibo gives you a yarn yoshi costume and it's adorable... yoshi dressed up as yoshi.... D1GzbqjWsAA5Dti.png

• Welcome to the other side haha

• What are you buying?

@Winnie because fresh asparagus is one of the joys of life. It is so tender and flavorful.

• What are you buying?

Just ordered 10 lb of asparagus aw yeah Spargel_Emoji-gruen-1600px.png Spargel_Emoji-gruen-1600px.png Spargel_Emoji-gruen-1600px.png Spargel_Emoji-gruen-1600px.png

• Whatcha want *right now*

sausage gumbo

Foo made us pasta for dinner yay! Also I have Monday off! And so does he! We actually have 3 days off together by some miracle!

• Quote from EzloSpirit: “I can't believe I am posting in this thread, but I think I am depressed. I'm currently in the middle of my school's "senior week," the week between finals and graduation. My issue is that I transferred in last year, and I barely know anybody in my class. So I'm feeling extremely lonely. At the same time, I'm not ready for my time at this school to end; it's been so short. And I'm not having an easy time finding work for the summer, which starts next week for me. And I'm s…

• * Ive been trying to close my Irish bank account for months and I'm losing patience rapidly. * Exchange rates. * Back pain * Hand pain * IBS pain * The utter lack of pineapple in my life right now

• I'd go visit my family in my home town and buy us all the best food ever

So a couple things... that are exciting for me ... 1. Since I gave up the kombucha last week I started drinking matcha tea instead. I found that I really enjoy the flavor (it's so savory and bitter and green and amazing) and I'm very happy because it's less sugary and less expensive. 2. Since I gave up the chips and normally slather my popcorn in butter I decided NO! Not this week. So I tried out some dill pickle seasoning on my air popped popcorn instead of loads of butter haha and it's REALLY …

Fitness Challenge IV Updates Week 1 ✔ Fruit & Veg ✔ No Soda (Kombucha) ✘ Workout 2x ✔ Hike 1 Mile ✔ Butt Kicks ✔ High Knees ✔ Plank ✔ Russian Twists ✔ Glute Bridges ✔ Bicep Curls ✔ Tricep Extensions Week 2 ✘ Healthy Snacks and Desserts ✔ Don't Eat Before Bed ✔ No Mirrors ✔ Jumping Jacks ✔ Bike Hiking 1.5 Miles ✔ Burpees ✔ Crunches ✔ Leg Lifts ✔ Tree Pose ✘ Chest Press ✘ Shoulder Press Notes: - I do not have weights or a gym membership. I used bags of potatoes and rice for the bicep and tricep cu…

I agree with Winnie on that too. Pineapple and raspberries are a couple of my fav snacks!!! Though I love air popped popcorn too and will probably have a bit of that.... I normally have pretty unbalanced brunches but today I'm having lots of fruit and veg I have to say though I'm going to eat two of the cookies I made (I froze the rest) because it would be a shame not to eat a couple while they are fresh.... Oh edit: I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I find that a lot of my snackin…

Oh man, I have been meaning to argue that skinny pop popcorn isn't that great for you, not that Cheetos are okay haha. Yeah of course Cheetos are terrible. I did read the article and phrasing aside they did a good job of summarizing the ingredients. For those interested I'd read the explanation of what the ingredient is, but I'd ignore the side commentary. (E.g., whey is called "garbage" and I wonder why they chose that word, when the rest of their explanation was good? They also say later whey …

Most of the skinny pop calories are from fat, same as Cheetos, they're not that different gram for gram? Edit: I mean comparing the nutrition labels row for row, they're very similar. The popcorn has a couple grams of fibre per serving whereas the Cheetos don't. But if this is a snack, and you're eating healthy otherwise, that 2 g is not going to make a significant difference, I don't think. (25 to 30 g per day is the recommended amount of dietary fibre, so the serving of popcorn would provide l…

I literally just made 56 cookies why are you doing this EDIT: ALSO. LIKE. 28 g of the plain skinny pop popcorn is 150 kcal. 28 g of crunchy Cheetos is 160 kcal keep dreaming

Mid-week update! Got workout #1 in today including the plank! I did a ton of walking Monday and Tuesday too. Eating my veg and fruit but no pineapple because it is still hurting. (Cross-update from the cooking thread haha.) I don't drink soda, so I'll cut out kombucha instead as it is still superfluous sugar. Been really into matcha lately....

• Re: breakfast My regular breakfast is one slice of toast, water, a spoonful of honey, and fruit. I make myself lunch/brunch at work, but it is no where near balanced so I didn't post it. Then I thought I'd make breakfast for dinner, but my hot plate sucks so bad I can't even boil water with it. I tried to make pierogies today and the water wouldn't boil (**NOTE** I boiled it in the electric kettle so the hot plate only needed to sustain the boil, not heat the water from room temp, so this was ex…

Sorry Colu

Quote from Winnie: “Omg we have to wait until May 5th to find out what the challenge is?! I’m SO excited I don’t want to wait!! Also I ate 3 little rice pudding cups today while watching anime. So. I need this. ” I ate mini powder donuts for breakfast #fmylife

• We just couldn't afford consoles or up-to-date computers to play games. It was a treat to visit friends who had a SNES! We had gameboys so we'd stay quiet on long trips. And I used to play games on our Commodore 64. They were OK with these and I don't think they looked into the game content with as much scrutiny as they did TV and music.

sup my dudes i'm boxes and beginner is for me

• Favorite/Best TV Show Theme Songs

boxes - - Entertainment

Hey folks, I was reminiscing about some great TV show themes from my childhood and was wondering what people actually considered to be a good or enjoyable TV show theme song. (I'm going to count YouTube in this too, since many channels have episodic content with an opening theme.) A couple of my favorites are... youtu.be/s1EIUP8tvbE and youtu.be/n5hBtw-3Wjg for very different reasons... the former for being actually awesome, super catchy, and something I still listen to on occasion, and the latt…

• I don't think there is one answer to this because in the day-to-day, priorities shift based on what is going on. In general, my own health, happiness, and time with family/friends are prioritized a lot.

Omg yes. After work today I took a shower with my favorite perfume scented scrub and lotion (yes rose trocadero...) and change into PJs right away. Now having wine and learning python sitting with Foo and watching Netflix #woolife

• Wait what's wrong with talking about bowel movements X_X I just got some really lovely granite coasters. Actually I usually hate using coasters because when water condenses on the outside of the glass and then it sticks to the coaster and then the coaster comes along with your drink when you lift it up, but then falls off somewhere between the couch and side table etc. SO ANNOYING. But the granite coasters are really heavy and they don't do this. So yay. OK, so something that really f*ing annoys…