Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • lulz

Aniday - - General Chit-Chat

A good ol' 'Excuuuuuse me, Princess' montage always gets me giggling. FPxY8lpYAUM I love the subtle dynamics of the delivery in each one.

• how do you not want to die?

I do not want to die alone and in a tremendous amount of pain or panic. However, the worst way to die for me would be slipping away with being unsure if the person I loved the most knew how much I loved them before moving on. There have been times I've been alone and choking with my throat closed and thought, "welp, this is it", and I would grab my phone before passing out to call or text that one person to tell them I loved them. Both times that happened I obviously regained my ability to breat…

• Here's the skinny. Cloudflare basically hijacks your DNS records and serve them to their datacenters, were your content is fetched if it is cached. Otherwise they send the user onwards to the site and the request is completed from the "main server" (being your site), and then they cache most of the binary assets. So, the request for the page, (HTML/CSS/Scripts), all come from your site, and they serve all the files by redirecting users to their datacenters before sending them to your site. This …

• Turned off the AJAX Live Topic plugin so we don't create more of a mess with double posts.

• 690958main_p1237a1.jpg This is a Hubble Extreme Deep Field photograph. As you can see, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of galaxies in this image. These are galaxies that formed 13.2 billion years ago and Hubble's exposure lasted 23 days to get this kind of detail. Want to know the crazy part? This was a very, very small portion of our sky. Here's a comparison. XDF-scale.jpg Relative to earth and how you would observe this space looking up, you can see that the portion of space that Hubble …

• Quote from The Website: “Most users ever online was 2,624, 06-12-2012 at 07:39 PM.” Holy crap. What did I miss?

• Sounds like some script is going haywall or maybe a plugin on your browser that doesn't like something on that site. Firefox used to do that to me, sometimes, too. You've got FF updated, right?

• ^Oh, and we want to talk about what's uncalled-for/rude/disrespectful in a podcast thread. Hilarious. I don't say this out of any malice, but for you to think a little. But yes, I get your point. You really liked Mike. You know what? So did I. I loved having both Mike and Liah on the podcast and I am sad to see them go. However, even with their absence, I believe with the team we have left, we can still make a podcast worth listening to, and I'll hope you'd give it a chance. Totally up to you. :…

• Quote from Basch fon Ronsenburg: “Avalanche mike isn't going anywhere, right? He was the life of the party! I'm not gonna listen to the podcast anymore if he's not going to be in it” Maybe you should PM Mike and encourage him to make his own one-man podcast. I say one-man podcast because, as you say, the rest of the team is superfluous to your entertainment; and you are absolutely right about that, of course. Normally we wouldn't even bother trying to do a podcast without Mike providing 100% of …

• Signature size?

Aniday - - Help and Feedback

Dude. Either post the link the rotator is giving you or drop it. You have to be specific for us to help you. Without any more information there is nothing we can do.

• What kind of email address does the other person have? Sounds like it's the other guys problem.

• 10 posts per page option

If we're talking about being on mobile- think about it this way: Using Temple, the more pages you load, the more data you're using. For those without unlimited data, that can be a problem. With more posts on a page you will be loading more posts, you're not loading the rest of the page so many times. (who knows how much your phone's browser caches) Aaaannd, If you're using the mobile skin it doesn't matter at all because you're not loading all the png's for the Temple skin. It's what you should …

• Quote from Uzuki Cheverie: “Whether or not it's "silly" to you, it's taking most of us a lot longer to load pages and post, to the point that it doesn't post or ends up double-posting. You just happen to be one of those lucky people who isn't having this problem, so don't think that the rest of us are being over-dramatic with the slow speed, because it really is a problem.” Lets not be so quick to anger. You're having a nice case of "me vs them" there. But yes. You misunderstand. I'm calling the…

• This is silly. It takes me 10-12 seconds to load a page and 30 or so seconds post something.

• Signature size?

Please be more specific. What link from the rotator are you inserting in your signature? The one you have now is a gif you uploaded to ZU which will not rotate. But you knew that...

• Signature size?

If you're using a 3rd party to display and rotate your signature than it's not really our fault if it decides to stop working. You need to use BBcode to display images in your signature with the tag, which needs image links that end with jpg, gif, or png, typically. It's likely that the image rotator isn't working right or the link it is giving you isn't supposed to work in the signature space.

• Signature size?

There is a file size limit of 250.0 KB. I imagine a lot of animated gifs file sizes are more than 250.0 KB.

• Might be the change of Wifi encryption. Did the connection "password-type" go from WEP to WPA2 by chance? Check your router settings to make sure everything looks normal.. maybe try renewing the DHCP lease. Otherwise I'd try a restore. Who knows what your parents inadvertently installed. I'd be afraid of malware I can't see.

• Good, free PC game recorder?

Aniday - - General Gaming

Can't have too many Let's Players on Youtube... But anyway, this looks free and promising: CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

• What kind of computer is it? What are it's specs? Have you tried other browsers? Which Anti-Virus do you have? Are you positive it was active?

• The ZU Podcast Survey

Aniday - - Community Central

Quote from Eldír: “Is it kinda like a radio thing? I wish I could hear it.” I am the great genie The fifty-sixth ayat of Zariyat Sura. I have granted your wish! ZUBC member Ezlo Spirit keeps a thread updated with a list of [maybe almost]every episode here: zeldauniverse.net/forums/commu…lete-zu-podcast-list.html It links to each front page post with a player and an option to download it. Let me know by PM if you want to but can't play or download any of them. Alternatively... here is an iTunes L…

• Await your infraction with cold, fearful anticipation for wasting my time, peasant. loljk

• I forgot how we fixed this. Try clearing cache and cookies.

• The ZU Podcast Survey

Aniday - - Community Central

Quote from Argenteus: “That's odd, it didn't seem to give me an option on the site to just grab the RSS, but I'll check again. EDIT: Just checked, won't give me an RSS link, and as I said, I don't have and can't get iTunes.” ZUBC member Ezlo Spirit keeps a thread updated with a list of [maybe almost]every episode here: zeldauniverse.net/forums/commu…lete-zu-podcast-list.html It links to each front page post with a player and an option to download it. Let me know by PM if you want to but can't pl…

• Quote from Sailor Moon: “Clear your cache and cookies.” If I had a dime for ev- No... no, that's not right. If only I had a sweet, old grandmother to bring me a plate of hot cookies and milk while watching Hook every time I or someone else has said this.

• Quote from Hatsune Miku: “When your laptop/computer is better than mine. The page is always slow when there's a large GIF image in a thread.” There's a setting on the forums to disable images. Alternatively you could probably set up rules to block gifs with element blocker plugin within your browser. Or.. deal with it. trololoololo qnFns.gif

• Quote from John: “The CLI is inherently difficult. It requires memorization of exact commands, where a slight error can seriously mess stuff up. It's powerful, but that comes with a heavy cost to usability. I deal, every day, with people who don't know the difference between a shortcut and the actual program, between Windows and the Internet, you honestly think they'd find the CLI easy to use?” So who's fault is it? The designers or the people too lazy to figure out how to tell the difference be…

• Quote from Mrfohlin: “The last time I got a virus on Windows was probably 8 years ago when I downloaded some suspicious software. I haven't used an Anti-Virus since then, never had a problem.” Yeah, because Malware these days wants to be found. </sarcasm> You're making a very, very terrible mistake. Thinking you'll be fine when you can literally get malware from a rouge ad or script somewhere from just loading a webpage is rather foolhearty. You could and probably are part of a botnet and/or add…

• A quick Googling came up with alternate installers for Chrome for just such occasions. Alternate (offline) Google Chrome installer (Windows) - Google Help Check out your network. It might be blocking whatever server Google uses to install Chrome or update... random guess.

• Quote from Blizzaga: “"Once you know it" being the key phrase here, meaning that it has low marks in user-friendliness.” I have no idea what you all are talking about. Ubuntu in particular is very easy to use. Probably makes more sense than OS X. Windows hasn't ever been that intuitive, and it's about to get worse from Microsoft assuming everyone in the world is going to get a Windows tablet.

• Heating issue or power supply, yeah. Keep an eye on the temps and perhaps see if you can check if you have enough thermal paste on your heatsink. If it's your power supply, you should stop using it and get a new one before it fries your hardware in some catastrophic failure.

• I'll send you a PM, Ladon. Check your inbox.

• If you don't like Windows 7 you will not like Windows 8. Windows 8 is literally Windows 7 with a tablet UI that will get in the way of actual non-tablet work. You wont be missing much. Here's a particularly disparaging review: Why I'm uninstalling Windows 8

• Auto-lock after three months

No one wants a forum run by robots, do we? Sure, a bunch of plugins and code to make things easier is cool, but we have to draw the line somewhere. Don't want to mods to get bored with nothing to do =p Also sounds like it'll cause more problems than it's worth with how many exceptions there will need to be.

• Look what I found. Utility of Time_SVN_R10.rar - uot - Utility of Time SVN R10 - WIP Ocarina of Time model viewer/editor - Google Project Hosting

• If we can't do it automatically (I'm not sure of a default way to do this) then there would be no point. People with admin abilities can't spend all day catering banners to people for any reason a particular member would like. We already accept requests to put whatever you want in the same spot as long as you make the banner yourself. Isn't that enough?

• Quote from The Fanatic of Zelda: “I'm not saying that this is true, but shouldn't you first publish the news "as is" and then if you want make these articles?” This article meets that criteria. I combined the news and opinion in the same article. ZU isn't a website that harps on rumors in as many posts as possible.

• Facebook like chat.

We wouldn't want to start keeping everyone's ZU gossip on the servers, then we would all know what you're saying behind our backs! That ruins the whole idea of gossip. Stick to Skype.

• iPod touch problems.

Have you tried a firmware restore in iTunes?

• Google Redirect Virus

Sounds like lame malware. Malwarebytes should be able to get rid of it. Do a full scan in safe mode.