Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 965.
  • Okay, so! Entry One: So, right in the first paragraph, the narration switches between present and past tense a full four times. That’s four times too many, and it keeps happening throughout the rest of the story. Then there’s the fact that the story just plain doesn’t make sense. Girl dies and just randomly decides to murder her parents from beyond the grave because reasons? And she kills Joseph by just kinda sorta anticlimactically making him sink into the ground somehow? Entry Two: … Well that…

• Quote from Red Dingo: “Quote from gerudoyoshi: “mine: - abolish the government. ” So...hand power to the psychotic ape with the biggest stick then. ” I mean, a psychotic ape with a big stick is strictly speaking an improvement over Donald J Trump.

• So, back in february, there was a writing contest. I did not get my entry done on time, because it kinda ran away from me. Whoopsie! So here's the end result of it, at a full 9 pages in gdocs. Contains violence against children and a throwaway reference to inbreeding, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you have been warned. (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content)

• Entry Un: This story has a bit of a myth-like feel to it, which I really enjoyed. Tracing the tree’s thoughts made for a very interesting and unique read, so big props for that. I do wish the story would leaf leave us an impression of what our photosynthesizing protagonist’s one word would lead to, though. Also, dear author, please do spend more time with your poor neglected enter key. Entry Deux: Really not a big fan of the whole lady-needs-big-strong-man-to-protect-her thing this story has got…

• I mean, for me at least I was bothered less by the question of did she died and more by the question of how did she died. :p

• Okay, so 1) This feels more like a summary of a story than a story in its own right. We never learn anything about the narrator and their relation to Link other than they’re siblings. Link’s departure could’ve been a poignant moment, but here, it just kinda happens. The story just kinda never really captures the reader. 2) So, first off, this story could really use some editing. Also, the story suffers from poor dialogue, causing several scenes to fall flat, including the pivotal scene where Lyr…

• Aww yeah! :3 I had fun rp'ing! Thank you Ciro for joining me, and kudos to all the other entrants!

• Best Overall Story: The Fragmented Accord in the Dungeons and Dragons section Best Character: Li, played by Liah Best Backstory: Arwyn, played by Ruki Best Storyteller: KyroThePurple Most Creative: Liah, for her beautiful maps, engaging characters (both benign and malicious), fantastic stories, and heartfelt voice acting. Best Character Interaction: Barley, the Kokiri Glamor Bard, played by Malia, rather contentious relationship with Chiro, the Korok druid, played by KyroThePurple, due to Chiro …

• Best Character: Li, played by Liah Best Backstory: Arwyn, played by Ruki Best Storyteller: Liah Most Creative: Angel Best Character Interaction: Arwyn, played by Ruki, and Faith, an NPC played by Kai, who are just plain adorable together Most Memorable Moment: Li and Erik's dream

• Marie looked at Ariana, eyes narrowed, and sighed. “Just don’t try any funny business, and don’t so much as come near the treasure when we find it. I’ll be keepin’ me eye on ye, lass.” “Now come. Let’s go find me crew,” she said, and started walking towards the southeast, without letting Ariana get out of her sight.

• Marie stared Ariana down. “Ye kicked a giant piece o’ burning debris out o’ the sky,” she said. “So I reiterate: where did ye get that power? And why did ye join me crew?”

• “Did ye… Did ye just kick the great big flamin’ thing right out o’ the air?” Marie stammered. “Ye know, the great big flamin’ thing that was giant and on fire?” She stared at Ariana. The dinghy hit the shore, snapping Marie into the here and now. She hopped out, and gathered her stuff - firearms, ammo, a few small explosives, a dagger, food, rum, rope, and a medical kit. Then, she placed Ariana’s items on the beach, and dragged the boat into the woods, shoving it into the undergrowth. “ARR, I th…

• The dinghy hit the water with a splash. Marie grabbed an oar. “Avast lassie, row!” Marie shouted, holding the oar above her head. She sat down in the boat facing backwards and started rowing with all her might. “One… Two… Three… Row! … One… Two… Three… Row!” she yelled. Each minute that passed seemed like an hour. Eventually, Marie ceased her yelling. “Any moment now…” she muttered, staring at the Devil’s Flame. The cannons fired another barrage at the ship. One shot scored a glancing hit on the…

• Right, so Revelations: Right off the bat, it's hard to tell who is actually saying the opening line. I'm guessing it's Gut, but it's kinda hard to tell. Then there's the line "What the fuck Plakn" which, like, who or what is Plakn? It kinda comes out of nowhere. There are also a handfull of minor language errors. That said, it's an enjoyable and interesting read, and I liked its take on biblical mythology. I'd love to read what happens next. :3 Blood Upon the Snow: I feel that the big twist does…

• “Huh, most people who become pirates didn’t start out with an important position at a trade company,” Marie said. “I guess ye’re one o’ a kind, lassie.” She admired her handiwork. A long trail of powder snaked its way across the ship. “ARR,” she said, “by me calculations, it should take some ten minutes for this boat to blow once I light this thing.” What followed was twenty tense minutes of sailing towards the island. The sea was quiet, and there was only a slight breeze in the sails of the Dev…

• Marie watched her crew fan out, away from the Devil’s Flame. The ship was still steadily approaching the island. Before long, her crew had vanished in the inky darkness of the night. She whispered a quick prayer for their safety, and sighed. “An’ now we wait,” she said, scanning the horizon. “Shouldn’t be too long afore those scurvy dogs open fire on us.” She was quiet for a moment. “ARR, I always hate parts like these,” she said. “Parts where yer own survival is entirely out o’ your control.” S…

• The sun sank below the horizon, and the Devil’s Flame set sail, loaded with several dinghies and quite a lot of gunpowder, and with all kinds of supplies scattered around the deck. For several agonizing hours, nothing happened other than their destination slowly growing closer. Finally, some three hours into their journey, Marie ordered everyone on deck. “All right, me hearties,” she said. “All o’ ye, get into the boats in groups of four. Double-check that yer dinghy has everythin’ ye’re goin’ t…

• “See that isle o’er there, lass?” Marie said. “That’s where we be stayin’ the day. Come nightfall, we set off to the next island - which be the island, if ye catch me drift. When we be gettin’ near enough, we lower most o’ the crew in dinghies and row to the island. We make sure a few lamps on the ship are alight, the Wolves see the lights and fire at the Devil’s Flame, and the last few aboard light a fuse leadin’ to some barrels o’ powder and blow her up, makin’ the Wolves think they destroyed …

• Finding a ship hadn’t been hard. Some captains just couldn’t resist taking the narrow strait between Tortuga and Hispaniola as a shortcut. One of these captains was currently in a tavern on Hispaniola, regretting his decision. A few of his crewmates were still with him, but the majority had joined Marie. Press-ganging sailors was not without its downsides, the captain found. Meanwhile, his former ship, a caravel which Marie had christened the Devil’s Flame, was en route to a tiny little isolated…

• Honestly if the remaining townies do not include Nayru and the RPG I'm going to riot. :p

• “I don’t really have much other criteria, lassie,” Marie said. “Though I still need to find meself a surgeon and a few people who know how to sail a ship, and do it well. Ye wouldn’t happen to be able to help out, would ye?” Strictly speaking, she could’ve mentioned that she wanted someone who knew how to swing a sword and fire a gun, but then again, if you were going to ask for sword and gun skills on Tortuga, you might as well ask for breathing and eating skills while you’re at it. She took a …

• Marie raised an eyebrow. “Well, if ye want to keep your secrets, that be fine by me, lass.” She turned to look at the corner where the drunk woman was still cursing and clutching her hand in pain. Eight unconscious bodies surrounded her - those being the previous applicants. One of them had arguably passed the medical exam - if he hadn’t tried to hit back he very definitely would still be standing. And, Marie decided, anyone who could knock out most people with one hit was a good person to have …

• Marie watched as the drunk woman threw her punch. The prospective crewmate didn’t even flinch, while the drunk looked like she’d seriously injured her hand - Marie hoped the woman could throw punches with her left hand, because otherwise, Marie would have to find a new medical exam. The pirate stared for a moment, dumbfounded. “ARR, ye’re tough all right, lass!” she said, finally. “I haven’t seen many people take a punch like that. Welcome to the crew, matey!” She looked her new recruit up and d…

• Any pirate worth their salt knew that if you were looking for a crew, you should head for a tavern. Marie had experience with searching for a crew, and knew what to look for - it had to be a rough kind of establishment, where simply looking at someone the wrong way might be enough to earn you a punch in the face - a place, in other words, where people who were too weak for a dangerous high seas adventure would not last long. Definitely not the sort of posh place that didn’t even allow fighting o…

• TREASURE on the ISLAND No relation to the novel By R. L. STEVENSON ##### Across the seas, a legend echoes on the wind. A legend of a treasure greater than any other on earth. Riches beyond anyone’s wildest dreams, along with magical artefacts of awesome power - tales tell of an amulet that lets one command the very waves themselves; of a wand that controls the winds, from the slightest breeze to the mightiest storm; there’s even a rumour of a kazoo that can turn time inside-out, though most peop…

• 'Sup, motherfuckers? Anyone wanna enter win this thing together with me? I mostly do comedy, though I can do some pretty decent sad stuff too. If you want samples of my work, check out some of my writing contest entries. So yeah. Let's win this fucker! Who's in?

• Sabbo I'd like to be added to the spectator thread pls

• Quote from Ruki: “So I found this interesting thing and I decided to put in five different pieces to see who I came up with: My writing contest entry for Loss - Anne Rice Part of the first chapter of The Time Lost - Dan Brown My writing contest entry for music - J.R.R. Tolkien A character study I did for my Gerudo fighter/princess, Hana - Dan Brown A segment of an RP I did with my anxiety ridden wood elf thief bard, Arwyn - Agatha Christe iwl.me/” My entry for the renewal contest: Agatha Christi…

• Quote from Violetlight: “I don't feel comfortable voting, since I participated in the contest, and the last time I both voted and participated it caused a minor kerfuffle.” That's because last time, you voted for yourself. Given that this has since been banned, I really don't see a reason for you not to vote. Anyway! Entry One: Okay, so, my main problem with this entry is that it reads more like a quick summary of events than a story. The story’s main problem is solved so quickly there’s never a…

• Phantasmo smiled at Joker's compliment - he was clearly a man of taste, as far as Phantasmo was concerned. He had to give Joker credit, because by the standards of people who weren't Phantasmo, he was quite a handsome person. Then there was the blonde teenager. "I can assure you that whatever sights you may have seen in the past do not compare with the spectacular magic that I have to offer," Phantasmo told him. And then there was the little girl with the cat ears who was asking difficult questi…

• There is a theory, the theory of Annoying Magnetism, which states that when multiple annoying people are gathered in an area, they start to accrue even more annoying people. It has not yet gained widespread acceptance in the academic world, but scholars are increasingly beginning to see its merits. And so the Dread Gazebo approacheth. Or at least, it looked like a Dread Gazebo, albeit an unusually fancy one, coloured a bright blue with lots of gold details. A close inspection revealed that the s…

• Marie facepalmed. "The only thing I can attest, laddie, is that ye are the daftest lubber I've ever met, and the most annoying as well!"

• Mad Marie rummaged around in her bag, and found what she was looking for: a large paper scroll. She threw it at Brocc, hitting him square in the face. "There ye go, matey," she said. It was a map of the Caribbean.

• I am so in. :3 Time to start thinking up a charrie! :3

• "Such creatures are a common occurrence for you?" Ariana said. "Oh, aye," Marie replied. "Ye can't go a full week out on the ocean without spottin' one o' them. Usually the noise o' firin' a few cannons is enough to scare 'em off, it is. Why?"

• "Y'know," Marie said. "If I had a ship, I could do something about that serpent. I think I've blown up bigger ones in the past, ARR!" She was aware that Brocc had greeted her. She'd decided to ignore this fact.

• It takes more than one person to sail a massive English ship-of-the-line, even in the best of circumstances. The ship being on fire does not count as the best of circumstances. Marie, if pressed, had to admit that mistakes had been made, and that maybe, just maybe, said mistakes had been made by her. Still, she was feeling very pleased with herself. Not every pirate could boast capturing a state-of-the-art warship, and by the looks of it, she might actually bring the HMS Duke of Lancaster to sho…

• Okay, so, not particularly many entries this time, but the two we've got aren't bad. :3 Entry One manages to play my emotions like a fiddle music box. The image of a happy family put a smile on my face, and when that image is rudely torn away, it's heartbreaking. That said, I feel like the other twin could have gotten some love - the story doesn't even tell us her name. Also, "still silence" is kinda redundant. :p Entry Two starts off very well, reminiscent of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, b…

• ^agreed. The Twilight one in particular is absolutely gorgeous. The colour scheme and contrasts just work brilliantly well with both the theme and in general, and also, I am a Midna fangirl. :p

• I remember ZU when...

SacredSturgeon - - General Chit-Chat

Asiaaaaaa! It's been so long! Where've you been? What've you been up to? How's life? How're you doing? It's great to see you again!