Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) Quote from Red Dingo: “In that case, life itself is coercion. What you've described is a shitty system, but not necessarily the end goal of a government.” I mean, maybe in some poetic sense, but obviously life isn't a conscious entity that does things on purpose. For something to be violence and not just force, it needs to be performed with intent and cognizance. You need to do it on purpose, and you need to know that what you're doing is harmful. when a tornado…

• Quote from Kerest: “For voluntary hierarchical structures, just example the typical civilian career in first-world nations. You are not forced to do a job; you volunteer to do it in exchange for a reward. If you disobey your bosses, you are not beaten into submission; you are simply told you are no longer welcome to do the job. But obeying your boss is required; it's what you volunteered to do. Yet, corporate hierarchies are heavily structured, with those higher up the chain having the power to …

• Quote from Red Dingo: “You've never deferred to someone older and more experienced on a team project? No one has ever relied on you to make plans?” neither of these are examples of hierarchies. A hierarchy requires some people to have power over other people--hierarchies are coercive, because one cannot simply opt out of them and they are enforced through threat of violence. If I defer to someone with more experience, more knowledge, or more qualifications, it is because I choose to. That person…

• fat-shaming of children is already a huge problem in the medical industry, not to mention that a lot of low income families just can't afford to feed their families anything but fast food. I don't think this is a good idea at all.

• referring to non-minority identities as "default" or otherwise treating them like the "normal" option is bigotry, plain and simple. Additionally, how could I possibly raise a child without explaining what trans, nonbinary, pansexual, and otherkin are when these are all important parts of my own identity? Should I not raise my children to understand their parents' identities?

• Quote from Kerest: “It's also revealing that some of the people who vote pro-choice actually oppose abortion, but either see keeping abortion legal as the best way to do away with it or see a simple matter of "not my body, not my business." ” wait, what's revealing about that? Pro-choice has never meant pro-abortion, it means pro-choice. It's the position that regardless of our personal opinions on abortion, the choice to have one should always be in the hands of the pregnant.

• direct democracy is one way that an anarchist society might make decisions, although it's certainly got its issues. I don't expect a world where direct democracy is implemented on such large scales as nationwide or especially globally, both because of the infrastructure issues you mentioned and also because tyranny of the masses is bound to set in whenever decisions are made by majority rule.

• I'm not interested in debating the definition of anarchy with you. I already have a definition and I'm here to argue it as an alternative to government. If you aren't interested in opposing that argument and instead want to talk semantics, find someone else.

• Quote from Kerest: “@gerudoyoshi That's a direct democracy. Almost the textbook definition of it. Anarchy in the sense of governmental classifications is pure disorganization. People who were arguing against you were not arguing against direct democracy (the definition you're using), but anarchy (the definition that is most common and in use). Because pure disorganization is a bad thing for everyone. Edit: And, just to note, I work with actual anarchists. As in, the people who want to watch the …

• I don't think, @Kerest, that you know what anarchy actually is. Anarchy as defined by anarchists, that is. Anarchy is social organization without hierarchy. A stateless society where all individuals are of equal standing and have equal power. No leaders, no bosses, no cops. anarchy is not disorganization, it is just another kind of organization, where people organize cooperatively and without hierarchy. That's what we mean when we talk about anarchy.

• how about we let the community moderate itself instead of handing that power to an elite class of brutes and thugs who are given broad immunity to use violence against other people without consequence?

• (Hidden Content) Quote from Please Understand: “If we didn't have any law and order, then you would be worried about your life every single moment. In fact, chances are both of us would be 6ft under at this point. It would be survival of the fittest out there. ” aaaand the worst take of the day award goes to Please Understand. Everyone, stand and applaud to congratulate him for his inability to consider the perspective of the queer, nonbinary, trans sex worker he's having an argument with! Woo, …

• Please Understand, Kerest, Red Dingo (Hidden Content)

• This is not a debate over the definition of anarchism, it's a discussion on anarchism as it is already defined academically: in other words this is to be a discussion on non-hierarchical political structures, not a discussion of whether or not anarchy is the political structure of chaos, mob rule, or any definition that is not academically based. Any further posts relating to a non-academic definition of anarchism will be deleted. Quote from Red Dingo: “Quote from gerudoyoshi: “mine: - abolish t…

• mine: - abolish the government.

• sol recited the ancient rites and summoned me from my slumber

• @Please Understand: I believe that all women should be treated with dignity and respect, and that discrimination against some women because of their bodies or hormone levels is wrong.

• Quote from Please Understand: “Anyway, here's something else that is concerning in the same subject. The female sports sections are compromised because of trans athletes being able to compete with biological females. And obviously trans, being originally men, have a clear biological advantage. I'm not sure what the solution is to this, but I can for sure say that this cannot be allowed to continue, or being a biological female in WOMEN'S sports will be the exception one day. Not sure if there's …

• Quote from Please Understand: “In other news, the gender identity thing is also getting out of hand” what "gender identity thing"?

• IDb2BSG.png notch is a racist and an antisemite and as far as I'm concerned he should never be invited to anything.

• iix. pressure I see your corruption / I'm not blind / I'll carry the burden and take the strain / and when I am done I will make you pay "I made an oath. "It was a long time ago. I was young, reckless. I just wanted to have fun. I wanted everything. But I fucked up. "I swore I wouldn't leave her, but I couldn't handle it. I couldn't take the responsiblity. I felt like I was choking, drowning in it. I knew it was awful, but I left. I had to. Snuck out like a thief in the night. "I broke my oath. …

• vii. revolt you've felt pain / you've felt love / you can grow / you can make this world what you want it's your fault "Celle? Corzin?" Nem, the diminutive rabbit-man, spoke into the stone. There was no response. "Guys? No..." Shariah watched as the stone fell from Nem's furry hand, clattering against the wood of the docks. it's your fault Immediately Shariah was upon the stone, holding it in his hand and screaming into it. "Celle! Corzin! Answer me!" There continued to be no response. IT'S YOUR…

• vi. survival yes I am prepared / to stay alive / I won’t forgive / the vengeance is mine The last rays of the evening sun split into a rainbow of colors as they passed through the stained glass windows of the sanctuary, painting the white-scaled dragonborn who was knelt in prayer at the altar. Various clergy members went about their business around him, leaving him in peace. As Shariah prayed and the evening drew later and later, eventually he was left nearly alone in the room. He heard footstep…

• v. uprising they will not force us / they will stop degrading us / they will not control us / we will be victorious Jet found themself in a dank hole underground. Four walls of stone surrounded them, and the room was empty except for a damp bedroll and a bucket. The only source of light was Jet's eyes, which burned like matches through the slits in their mask. The light was just enough to see the iron door set into one wall, heavily secured from the other side. In order to keep Jet from doing ma…

• iv. assassin whatever they say / these people are torn / wild and bereft / assassin is born, yeah Shariah roared a holy battle cry as he bore down the weight of his maul on the training dummy. The mannequin was filled with a searing, radiant light for just a moment before it exploded into splinters, sending bits of charred wood in every direction. All that was left of the training dummy was a smoking crater. "Nice hit, Paladin Shariah!" came a bellowing voice from the entrance of the training gr…

• Quote from goronmario: “whho is sol ” no clue

• iii. blackout don't grow up too fast / and don't embrace the past / this life's too good to last / and I'm too young to care The dragonborn slammed the empty tumbler down on the countertop. "Another, please," the young Zahid slurred. The bartender, a blue-skinned tiefling with one broken horn, filled the glass from a bottle of some brown liquor. Xe gave the white-scaled dragonborn a discerning glance. "Last one for you, kid. Time to settle up." Zahid snorted. "C'mon. I'm barely getting started."…

• ii. darkshines dark shines / bringing me down / making my heart feel sore / 'cuz it's good "All right, I've got the files you wanted to look at." Constable Karim was a green-scaled dragonborn and and old acquaintance of Suha. He sat down at a desk with an open file, which he began skimming. "You're not planning on going after these guys by yourself, are you? They're very dangerous." "Just tell me what you have on them," Suha said, pulling a chair up to the desk. "Well, let's see. We don't have n…

• (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Kerest: “Transitioning to a different economic system is entirely different from abolishing the concepts of wealth and money. For one thing, there is a large portion of human history that simply cannot be taught without those concepts. You can't teach the origins of modern American racism without getting into the economics behind slavery, for example. At the same time, as long as people live you can't guarantee someone won't pass knowledge of the concepts on. Especially since they per…

• Quote from Kerest: “And how do we do this without species-wide genocide and reducing humanity to a post-apocalyptic state? You are going to have to kill a lot of people to remove the concepts. ” actually, I think that transitioning to a post-capitalist society will reduce violence and genocide. Right now, we're already well on our way to the apocalypse if nothing changes. I want to stop that.

• you can't eliminate wealth hoarding without eliminating capitalism; by definition, capitalism involves the accumulation of capital—that is, profit and wealth. We have to eliminate capitalism, and abolish the concepts of wealth and money altogether.

• I actually do hate the rich, and it's a pretty common leftist idea that hoarding a certain amount of wealth is just plain malicious. of course, Bernie's two and a half million or whatever is literally pennies compared to, say, Bezos's 151.6 billion.

• zeldauniverse.net/forums/Threa…-One-and-the-Oathbreaker/

• i. sunburn ii. darkshines iii. blackout iv. assassin v. uprising vi. survival vii. revolt iix. pressure i. sunburn she burns like the sun / and I can't look away / and she'll burn our horizons / make no mistake The heavy head of the flail came down like a meteor, pulled by its chain. It impacted with a soft thud and a loud cracking noise, and the copper-scaled dragonborn underneath it cried out sharply and crumpled to the ground, her shoulder thoroughly dislocated. At the other end of the flail …

• pretty chill. My partner and I finally took a few minutes to clean off my desk so I can use my desktop computer again. I missed using this computer. :<

• Quote from Newmnewt5: “Hello people. I don't know why I didn't know about this thread, lol. ” hi there, welcome.