The 76th annual Nintendo shareholders’ meeting will take place on June 29 at 10am JST, according to a new document found on the Nintendo Japan website.
Please be aware that, while some fans are speculating that this could mean Nintendo NX news, the event is focused firmly on sales data, and it’s highly unlikely that anything other than financial information will be revealed.
The company have published six proposals for the order of the meeting:
- Distribution of Surplus
- Partial Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation
- Election of Five Directors
- Election of Four Directors Who Are Audit and Supervisory Committee Members
- Determination of Compensation Payable to Directors
- Determination of Compensation Payable to Directors Who Are Audit and Supervisory Committee Members
The most important item on this list is of course the Election of Five Directors. After the announcement of the NX and the release of the company’s first mobile app, Miitomo, this vote will give shareholders the chance to express their opinion on the direction of the company.