URA Zelda project and all of its greatness

URA Zelda project and all of its greatness

Hi there. Some of you may know about the concept URA zelda. Its essentially a second quest of zelda with extra dungeons, extra sidequests, and a changed storyline. Nintendo planned on releasing it for the N64DD (an add-on that allowed the N64 to run disks instead of (or in addition to) cartridges). If any of you have heard of The ancient Stone Tablets for BS zelda, Its a lot like that. However, the concept was scrapped due to the DD not selling well.

However, some people are daring to finish where Nintendo started and make an URA zelda for us to play. It's not that Master Quest thing with slightly different dungeons, we mean a new hero, entirely new dungeon layouts for old dungeons and entirely new dungeons, as well as new sidequests, and so much more. Here's the list of planned dungeons.

Young Dungeons:
      • Deku Tree
      • Dodongos Cavern
      • JabuJabu
      • Hyrule Castle
      • Deepwood Shrine
      • Turtlerock Cavern
      • Lakebed Grotto
      • Temple of Light

Adult Dungeons:
      • Forest Temple
      • Fire Temple
      • Ice Temple
      • Water Temple
      • Wind Temple
      • Spirit Temple
      • Shadow Temple
      • Tower of URA

This should be a good informative video.

And Here is some of their work

Go to youtube channel ZethN64 for more info.

Post by “yolanda8802” ()

Post was deleted, no further information available.

Post by “giustra199” ()

The game will be in the form of a rom patch, and you can't patch it to the OOT rom. You have to patch it to the OOT Mater Quest debug rom.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Right u are.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I hope Zeth will finish the project. I would give him a million bucks, if I had that much money.
      Hi everyone. I'm The-GCN admin sakura, the Ura Project's programmer and assembly hacker. I'd like to hopefully clear up some misconceptions and answer questions about the project, as I was linked here by one of our forum members and there seems to be some confusion.

MajorMajora said:
      "However, some people are daring to finish where Nintendo started and make an URA zelda for us to play. It's not that Master Quest thing with slightly different dungeons, we mean a new hero, entirely new dungeon layouts for old dungeons and entirely new dungeons, as well as new sidequests, and so much more. Here's the list of planned dungeons."

This is mostly correct, but slightly outdated. While I can't give out the final dungeon list, it's been revised since then and will consist entirely of custom dungeons.

The Fanatic of Zelda said:
      "PS: And yes, it will include all the debug features."

The debugging features will be scrapped to both add new space for custom code, and to prevent cheating. This is the same intention with our file select hack.

I'm really happy to see all the positive feedback we're getting, please feel to ask about the Ura project, I'll be here to answer questions ^^
      Few questions. I might sound a little silly D:

So is he finishing something that Nintendo never finished or making this from scratch?

If so, was the original story line to this Zelda game leaked from Nintendo or is Zeth making it up?

Sorry guys, I'm just a little lost aha. But whatever it is it looks so awesome!
      I can't wait for this. I've always been curious about Ura since I first heard about it. What I love about this project is that it still feels like Zelda. In fact it emphasizes the feeling that Zelda games have.

[strike]I'm not looking forward to the baseball cap though. and I wish that the girl version was incorporated in it too, but I realize that I'm asking for too much already. [/strike]

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]23/F/UT |Mormon|Zelda Fanartist| [/SIZE][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]|DeviantArt|[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"]|AnimeList|[/SIZE][/COLOR]
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Skyward Sword IN SPACE!
      [SIZE="1"]Chapter One: Generic 80's space costumes, and big hair.
      [/SIZE][/COLOR]
      [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"]GHIRAHIM'S :fabulous: DIAMOND ADVENTURE 3D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post by “barnettmmolive2012” ()

Stenner wrote:

Few questions. I might sound a little silly D:

So is he finishing something that Nintendo never finished or making this from scratch?

If so, was the original story line to this Zelda game leaked from Nintendo or is Zeth making it up?

Sorry guys, I'm just a little lost aha. But whatever it is it looks so awesome!

We're making this from scratch, and it has an original plot. However we are bringing back a lot of beta elements.

Karnella wrote:

I can't wait for this. I've always been curious about Ura since I first heard about it. What I love about this project is that it still feels like Zelda. In fact it emphasizes the feeling that Zelda games have.

[strike]I'm not looking forward to the baseball cap though. and I wish that the girl version was incorporated in it too, but I realize that I'm asking for too much already. [/strike]

Actually, putting the girl character in is something we're contemplating, you might get to see that happen