Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Store
Wiki
    Future Zelda game(s) for Switch.
    • Miles wrote:

Given Super Mario Maker's popularity, I would be delighted if they announced a Zelda series equivalent, maybe with a catchy subtitle like "The Legend of Zelda: Dungeon Designer" or maybe "Dungeon Master". I would expect the primary visual styles to be TLOZ, ALttP, LA/Oracles, ALBW/TFH, and perhaps FS/MC and PH/ST.
      yess all the user created dungeons would have dark link battles in every room and switching water levels 100X.
    • It would really be interesting to see how a full HD-2D-style-Zelda game would look like on the Switch. We got some idea with A Link Between Worlds... but it is a huge power difference between the 3DS and the Switch. Imagine a Zelda game with significanly better graphics than BotW but a 2D-styled Zelda game like ALBW.

I am really not a big fan of 2D-Zelda's. I think they are alright I suppose, but nothing more. We will most definitely get like two 2D-Zelda styled games between BotW and the new true 3D-console Zelda, which will probably come out at the end of the Switch's life. But BotW will hold me on for years.

Ironically, the only 2D-Zelda I actually liked and can see myself returning to, is Four Swords Adventures (single mode) which is one of the worst Selling Zelda games, which is kind of depressing. I don't know, but I really liked the music, the mood, the atmosphere and gameplay of that game.
    • Well, judging by this, Aonuma is on board for another Zelda game on the switch

ign.com/articles/2017/01/17/ni…y-come-to-nintendo-switch

“I haven’t been able to fully use all of the new features of the system,” Aonuma told IGN. “There could be the possibility of another Zelda on Nintendo Switch.”

So, if BoTW is the new Ocarina, could we be getting it's answer to Majora's mask?

I think reusing the engine and assets is a pretty smart move. Reduces development time, and with les stress on the developers to rework everything, a really interesting story could be created. Guess we'll have to see.
    • Well, considering all the motion Controls that resides in the joycon-controls it wouldn't be surprising at all to see a Skyward Sword HD in between, plus one or two 2D-styled Zelda games before the second console Zelda. Skyward Sword HD is only a question of time. The game arrived so late on the Wii, and now with those expensive creamy Controls they would be stupid not to take advantage of that.

Nintendo Always works on Zelda all the time. Sometimes they lay it on ice, but if so for good reasons... like when they searched inspiration by developing both Wind Waker HD and A Link between Worlds or when they tested out motion Control-options for Zelda WIi (which later became Skyward Sword).

But I don't expect any Zelda Switch Before 2020.
    • I still think a Zelda MMO would be a good followup to BotW. It could even be tied into BotW storywise, perhaps taking place before or after BotW itself. Maybe the Link from BotW ends up going on an adventure outside Hyrule itself, so now the player characters are left to protect Hyrule in his stead. Or hey, maybe you can actually choose to side with the monsters instead and play as a Moblin, Lizalfos, or other minion race. It could be a lot like WoW's Alliance and Horde, with different races on each side.
    • Miles wrote:

I still think a Zelda MMO would be a good followup to BotW. It could even be tied into BotW storywise, perhaps taking place before or after BotW itself. Maybe the Link from BotW ends up going on an adventure outside Hyrule itself, so now the player characters are left to protect Hyrule in his stead. Or hey, maybe you can actually choose to side with the monsters instead and play as a Moblin, Lizalfos, or other minion race. It could be a lot like WoW's Alliance and Horde, with different races on each side.
      I'm not really partial to this idea, it would probably take too long to setup for them, and not really rewarding. I don't feel as though Zelda fits for a MMO game.
    • Wide open world, diverse selection of races, varied environments, NPC interaction, equipment system, item crafting, mount riding? What about Zelda isn't fitting for an MMO? If it's a matter of development resources, that's reflective of Nintendo's suitability for making MMOs moreso than Zelda's suitability to spin off an MMO. And considering their online system is going to cost each month, they'd better have something worth going online for. A Zelda MMO with a lot of the groundwork already done would be a good way for Nintendo to justify the online system.
    • Aonuma brought up "playing by yourself" as a convention they wanted to challenge back in 2013. In 2016, he brought it up again and said that he wanted to take what he learned from BotW into a new multiplayer game. I'm not sure what form it will take, but it's looking pretty likely at this point that the next big game will have some kind of multiplayer component.

Anyway, that's not a possibility that's very interesting to me at this point. Since BotW appears to be about surviving in nature and solving puzzles in these artificial chambers, it might be interesting if the next game flipped that around somewhat by having a lot of advanced civilization in a world dotted with classic enemies and ancient temples.
      [pitch meeting] Okay so it's a ton of dogs. Dalmatians. 100 of 'em. I call it "100 Dalmatians." [idea man pipes in] Let's think bigger

- Ristolable
    • MMO would be a nightmare, yukk. Thanks but no thanks. I am all in for the single player experiences and nothing else when it comes to Zelda. Local multiplayer in a adventure game like Four Swords is alright though.

When Aonuma talks multiplayer, I really don't hope he referring to MMO. I Thinks and hope he is referring to a single player experience BUT where you on one hand can have people you can play with along the journey, or on the other hand have great AIs that will run alongside you (Think Xenoblade)...

Much can happen though, and who knows... perhaps he will throw all this in the trashcan if he doesn't likes it in the end. Would be cool though to cooperate with gorons and zoras in a large open World game, with a high emphasis on teamwork (like tri force heroes) BUT ONLY if we have really good computer comrades. Oh god the single player mode in tri force heroes was pure trash...

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().