Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Store
Wiki
Search Results
Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Plot twist: Nintendo has spent the last two years collaborating with Apple and Google on voice AI so good that it can read player-created names. Nintendo soon releases NAMEBOY, "A thousand names in your pocket," as a surprise system pack-in. Breath of the Wild is a fantastic success with players able to name Link whatever they want. Eventually the NAMEBOY AI correctly pronounces enough unpronounceable names to become self-aware and topple all world governments as we know them, promising to let "…

• Are you getting the switch day 1?

Jason - - General Gaming

Oh man, sometimes I forget that not everyone has to purchase game consoles to do their work. Whenever a new console comes out, what goes through my head is "huh, what're the things I'll probably like/hate about this when I inevitably have to interact with it every day for the next four years."

• Super Mario Odyssey

Jason - - General Gaming

Ah, yes. It's nice to see Mario get onboard the vaporwave uncanny valley 1998 hype train. Theme of 2017 seems to be "make it as weird as you can".

• Are you getting the switch day 1?

Jason - - General Gaming

Getting the Switch day one. Two, in fact - one grey, one neon. I've hated the Wii U since it was introduced and nothing has changed since; I won't miss it taking up space. The Switch is what the Wii U should've been four years ago.

• Quote from Z-MAN7: “Quote from Jason: “Finally not the name of some freaking item, that's what it is. ” Watch them title drop it into the plot. Zelda: "Well Link it looks like the Breath of the Wild has awoken within you!" ” If that happens I will literally eat my Switch.

• In the market for a moderate Laptop

Jason - - Technology

Your budget is way higher than I thought, have you checked out any of the Surfaces? They're really nice, I know a few folks with Surface Books and Surface Pro 4's, both are great machines and within your budget range (Surface Pro 4 on the low end, Surface Book on the high end). I've also used Surfaces frequently and owned a Surface Pro 2; Microsoft has done some near-Apple-level work, and the touch and type covers are just cool, with nicer-than-you'd-think trackpads. More info from Microsoft!

Jason - - Technology

Quote from Mercedes: “^ I'd definitely not recommend spending that much money fixing that Mac. Absolutely no way, very bad advice imo. It's old, out-dated, and doesn't have/can't do some of the features you say you want from a new laptop. Better to try and sell it and put that money towards a new laptop fund. Macs retain their price better than Windows laptops, you might get a decent amount. ” If restoring your laptop isn't your thing @Topaz Mutiny, my recommendation is the baseline 13" MacBook …

Jason - - Technology

It seems like it would be more affordable to have your laptop serviced than it would be to buy a new one. Apple has an incredible flat-rate repair service for their laptops that nobody knows about. It will only cost you about $300, which is definitely less than any laptop you'd be buying - just bring it to an Apple Store near you, they'll send it off for repair, and any components that do not meet factory specifications are replaced with brand new components. I've done this with a few of my MacB…

• Quote from Axius27: “Right. Email Notifications. Why do they seem to only work 0.01% of the time? ” They should have started working properly last week. I noticed someone had turned off a lot of repeating forum scripts while I was investigating a forum stats bug; one of these scripts that had been turned off was the mailer. So I turned all the scripts back on and everything appeared to be working properly again. That said, we've had issues with our server mailers dating back to our vBulletin day…

• Finally not the name of some freaking item, that's what it is.

• I'm waiting for the Oculus Rift version.

• Quote from Double R: “Please put a longer server limit, if possible, @Jason? Thank you in advance. ” I'm not even sure if it would be possible (I was guessing about the server limit thing, it's likely not so simple). I'll put it on our internal feedback list, though!

• Quote from Double R: “It helps better if we are being reminded how many recipients are allowed at one time of Conversation blast, thank you in advance. ” I'm not sure that there's an actual limit in place, you may have just timed out the server haha. Maybe I should look into putting a limit in...

• And now it's fixed for real! For those wondering, the issue was a change to the way Chrome renders flex-box elements beginning with Chrome 54. We use flex-box to make posts stretch to the height of the post's sidebar if the post is too short. It took us all this time to figure out the one line of code that needed to be added to make things work again.

• Under The Spotlight - Mirren!

Jason - - Newbie Central

You beat me at rap battle, now I am coming for revenge.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Yay! But I didn't mean ZU was broken om Chrome. Chrome in general did weird things when I tried it. ” oh well, you're welcome for the highlight anyway

• Quote from Jotari: “Okay, I figure this is the best place to ask the question rather than making a threat that's almost certainly been made before, but what in the world is up with the display glitch on this site? It's difficult to read half the posts and impossible to read the other half because everything else like signatures and profile pics are just spilling out. I know it's a non issue since I saw it when it was first brought up. I assume it would be fixed relatively quickly but it's been m…

• We've pushed a temporary fix for this since this has gone on for too long - it's not the prettiest, but it'll work till we get everything fixed proper. A side effect of this hot fix is that posts will no longer minimally be the height of the sidebar on desktop. A small price to pay to get this bug out of the way though! Thanks for being so patient, everyone! We'll be back with a full fix in the coming days.

• Like Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask before it, Breath of the Wild looks poised to be a divisive take on what it means to be a Zelda game. One thing everyone will agree on is that the Zelda team is not afraid to be bold.

• Oh hai!

Jason - - Newbie Central

h0i!!!!!!! I have nothing constructive to offer have a good time! raw