Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Store
Wiki
Search Results
Search results 1-20 of 339.
  • I certainly don't have the same extensive set of knowledge that some of the others here seem to have, but I think I have a clear idea of the major events. So, here's my take. It seems clear that when Nintendo set out to make the biggest Hyrule (or perhaps simply the biggest world; I'm not sure we have any proof that the entire thing is Hyrule) they took special care to incorporate many areas that fans of previous games would recognize. We've already seen the Temple of Time and Market Town from O…

• One element that I miss is Link having the ability to use magic spells. I don't really miss the magic meter, but every time Link had magic abilities they were really cool. The medallions are still some of my favorite items in A Link to the Past, and everyone loves Din's Fire and Nayru's Love in Ocarina of Time. Even The Adventure of Link is home to some neat magic spells. After Ocarina of Time, magic spells seems to have mostly vanished from the series. The closest things we have are the fire, i…

• I didn't get very much color down before I ran out of time. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…9c44554a92c609ae530b7a22b

• I find the tentacle cutting portion to be tedious. Constantly charging Skyward Strikes is not fun. I don't think there is anything particularly special about the fight, but it's not a bad boss fight. The Monsters, Inc. design is the primary thing that bothers me about Tentalus. Skyward Sword has a bright, colorful, cartoon-like visual style, but Tentalus still manages to look out of place.

• This would be really cool if it can be figured out, but it there are a lot of different variables between games that make this a difficult project. Weapon strengths don't always affect enemies the same way. You can one hit kill a dodongo with an arrow in Twilight Princess, but arrows don't hurt them at all in other games. Pols Voice are sometimes killed by sound and other times immune to it (TLOZ). It seems like it would be very hard to choose a single weapon to use as a starting point when ther…

• I don't like it

Joshua - - Breath of the Wild

I disagree with the idea that a game with a bright art style cannot have a dark story. The Wind Waker is proof of that. That story is full of darkness, destruction, and death. It's a far more powerful experience than the same game would have been with Twilight Princess style visuals. As for character design, the monsters of Hyrule, with few exceptions (e.g. Dead Hand), have never been overly realistic or dark. I mean...Ganon is a giant pig with a trident. Bokoblins and Moblins have seen various …

• The fields in Twilight Princess are uninviting. The entire game is built to be extremely linear. When you just follow the story, you have little reason to spend any time at all in the fields. From the very beginning, you are teleported around the world. You start in Ordon, then teleport to the Castle, and then teleport back to Ordon. When you finally reach the first field after multiple hours of gameplay, there is almost nothing for you to do in it. There's plenty of content in those fields, but…

• I have an interesting relationship with cursive. I was forced to learn it and use it up until around 8th grade. When it was no longer required, I stopped using it (and so did nearly every other student) for everything other than signing my name. Today, I don't need to write down notes as often, but recently I've noticed myself sort of mixing my printed handwriting and cursive together. It's the kind of cursive my teacher would have given me an F for using, but I've actually found it to be a lot …

• Something that annoys me? When someone says "heart piece" instead of "piece of heart."

• Doing a nude/naked run

I was expecting this to be a thread about actual nude runs/marathons. I'm a bit disappointed. As for Breath of the Wild, I might give this a shot, but certainly not on my first run through (though Link may stay naked a good part of the time just for fun). The weather than hurts Link could quickly make a naked run not much fun depending on how quickly you take damage. You may end up having to grind for ingredients for hours to cook the best meals (cooked items heal more than the stuff you pick up…

• Should BotW have DLC?

Nintendo has done a very good job with DLC in their games, both free and paid. Plus, there is precedent for downloadable content in a Zelda game with Tri Force Heroes. I think the most compelling DLC for Breath of the Wild would be a full expansion that adds a new zone to the map along with new dungeons, items, etc.. I'd love to see that kind of life added to a Zelda game. Honestly, I think that was the plan for Tri Force Heroes, and they did add one batch of additional dungeons, but the popular…

• Breath of the wilds dungeons

I agree that 4 main dungeons seems like too few, but we also don't know the size of each shrine. The Shrines we were shown are relatively small, but they still feel like dungeons. Plus, the exploration required to find them is very rewarding as well. While I love the traditional Zelda dungeons and would love to see more than 4, I don't think the game will suffer if there are only 4.

• I will most definitely be playing this game with as little clothing as is appropriate for the situation where I am playing at the time. So naked, whenever I am able. As for Link, unfortunately, he'll probably have to wear clothes a lot of the time. Not wearing clothes is going to be super hard mode most of the time.

• My only complaint with the Skyward Sword overworld is that it's not actually connected. I think they did a good job making the overworld not feel empty, but I agree that they could have given players a little more breathing room. I think The Minish Cap probably did the overworld/underworld balance the best. As for the Majora's Mask style gameplay, I think they can and will use a cycle again for sidequests someday. They had more limitations in 2000, but I think they could easily make characters t…

• I wouldn't call it a short game, but you can certainly finish it quickly if you choose to not do any extra content and just play straight through the dungeons. The wall merging mechanic adds a lot of new possibilities to exploration. It made finding all the Pieces of Heart and Maiamais a fun challenge. I really enjoyed completing this game 100% - and I rarely bother getting everything in a game. I haven't replayed A Link Between Worlds in a while. It's probably overdue.

• ZREO Files Missing!

Joshua - - Help and Feedback

The media pages were broken for several months, but a major update to the main site last week should have fixed almost everything. I just tested, and the ZREO download links are functional again now! EDIT: Okay, just read through Topaz's old thread. I didn't download the entire ZREO Zip file to confirm that it's actually functions properly when downloaded. If anything is not working still, we will find it in the near future. We fixed a lot of broken problems in the last 3 weeks, but we still hav…

• Ice's Zelda Central is actually still online at Classic Zelda games, info, strategy, music, and more from Ice's Zelda Central. Though, when I checked it this morning the links don't seem to be working properly (they were working last week). I just recently contacted Ice by email, and he responded. I looked around IZC for a little while to see if I could find Zelda Radio, but I do not see it on the site. If you contact Ice, he may be able to help you further. I've also reached out to a couple of …

• I'll be honest, I don't understand for a moment how you mathematically ended up with that list, so I'm not going to reference it except for one thing: I think it's silly to set out to find the most underrated and most overrated games in a series, and then deliberately disregard six titles in the series. The Adventure of Link, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Tri Force Heroes are all absent from your list. Regardless, here are my choices for the most unde…

• At first, when I considered the idea of "Zelda Maker" I was thrilled and wanted it to happen now. However, the more I think about it, the less I want it. I haven't purchased Mario Maker (though I have played it multiple times) because I don't have time to make levels. Some other people have made compelling stages, but they are not the norm. I've never personally played a Mario Maker stage that made me say "that was a fantastic Mario experience." I know they exist; I've seen them online. I just h…

• worst designed zelda bosses

Joshua - - General Zelda

I like bosses that require some thought, and while I might find it frustrating to reach the boss without the right equipment nowadays, I don't think that's poor design by itself. However, I agree that bosses that have a "reset" like Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time or Moldorm in just about everything are hurt because of that design choice. I love Moldorm - he's a classic - and I love the fight with Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time, but nothing kills the moment like falling down and realizing that you ha…