On the heels of Mewtwo’s release for Club Nintendo members, the newest Super Smash Bros. update has been released for the Wii U version of the game, and it comes with some added features to Nintendo’s epic brawler.
- Players can now purchase and download DLC for Smash from the Nintendo eShop.
- There is a new share mode which has been added. Players can upload screen caps, match replays, their Mii fighters, and custom stages to share with users worldwide.
- As an extension of this new “share” mode, players can also upload their pictures and custom stages to Miiverse from in-game.
- Users can download data as long as there is an “activation” button next to the image on Miiverse.
- Players will be able to exchange all of the aforementioned data with friends on their Nintendo 3DS friends list. This content will be available when the 3DS is connected to the internet.
- All data that is uploaded online will expire within 30 days.
- The Smash team has added six new eight-player stages in Omega form. These include Delfino Plaza, Port Town Aero Drive, Woolly World, Orbital Gate Assault, Wii Fit Studio, and Pilot Wings.
- Additional changes were made to make the game more balanced and enjoyable for players.
While these additional features sound intriguing, most of them probably should have launched with the game on day one. I’m still waiting for my Smash tournament mode!
What future updates would you like to see in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?