Hello readers! Enjoying the new layout?
Now that we have our stylish new redesign, we’re looking for additional staff to help us produce content for it. We’re looking to expand our news team.
Please only apply if:
- You have previous writing experience.
- You are aged 18 or over.
- You are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you are able to:
- Write a minimum of 1-2 news posts per week.
- Remain committed to this position for a decent amount of time.
- Keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room. You are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently.
- Be willing to step in for our weekly features if required (Music Monday, Fanart Friday, ZU Bazaar, and possibly more in the future).
Does that sound like you? Nice! Send us your application to email@example.com with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Here’s what you need to include:
- A detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all, but feel free to also tell us about any previous unrelated employment.
- Links to samples of your work, if possible.
It may take us a little while for us to decide the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or more before we pick you.
Please note: Our current Jobs page is outdated and still under construction; hence why the requirements here may contradict those found on that page. Please only follow the instructions and guidelines within this post. Also, please note we are looking for news reporters; not to be confused with feature writers, who produce original articles.