A writer on Kotaku has released a new article that discusses 10 things that were wrong and stupid about Skyward Sword. Now I know what you are thinking, “this guy is an idiot”, “let’s go troll him”, etc etc etc. However, the article actually aims to be a bit offensive to Zelda fans, and is a good look at what people who are not your normal Zelda fans may think about concepts of Skyward Sword.
The article is fairly long so if you would rather just get the bullet points, then here is his 10 reasons.
- 1. I don’t like the Wii.
- 2. Seriously, why isn’t there voice-acting?
- 3. The writing is pretty bad.
- 4. Please, please, please stop talking to me.
- 5. “It gets really good about six hours in.”
- 6. Please pick an art direction already.
- 7. The same old lock-and-key dance.
- 8. I just don’t care about the Motion Plus.
- 9. The default follow camera angle is too high.
- 10. I hate the stamina meter.
As you can see, a lot of these points are not so much attacks on the game but on the Wii console itself. However, he does make some good points within the article so it is certainly worth a read.